Help with importing data

Can I have users fill in a form in Access and have that data be transferred
and updated to a spreadsheet. Need for fill out several fields and then
export to a specific spreadsheet and place that data into the cells that will
update that cell (add to the total in that cell) of a spreadsheet.
0
MikeBusch (23)

Importing into Excel from a Text file
We have a text database of about 7,000 rings. It is in a fixed format. Unfortunately some where we have about 4 or five rings whose format is screwed up. We figured by importing to Excel, we should be able to find where the records are to fix them. But, we just can't get the following format to import into excel. If anyone can help us, we sure would appreciate it! Thank you Greg Gates www.ringdesigner.com Each record begins with Begin Product Each record endswith EndProduct a semicolin seperates each record Also there are para symbols at the end of every line Herer are a...

External Link-help!
Hi there, I am trying to get rid of an external link to my excel spreadsheet that I created. When I email the excel file to a coworker, the file asks to update links. But, I want to get rid of all the links so that when others open it, the message will not come up. Under the Edit menu, the Links option is not highlighted. Somehow, the external link got embedded into the file, and I need a solution to delete it out. My job is depending on this resolution! Thanks, Tina I could really use some help! Try Bill Manville's addin. It'll find those pesky ones. Findlink.zip ...

Combo Box from data in another tab
Is it possible to create a combo box from data that's in another tab? I have a combo box that's from data in hidden columns. But now I need to move all that hidden data to another tab in the same file. But when I go into properties and go to the ListFillRange option, it won't let me enter another tab name. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 I have called data from another tab with a combo box by doing th following: First - name the range of the data on the other tab. This can be don with the shortcut on the toolbar (l...

!!HELP!! OWA ans Outlook do not synch
OK so I rebuilt my SBS 2003 server and used Exmerge to exmerge all my users mailboxes out. Successfully exmerged them back into Exchange. Had to recreate new profiles on the users workstations but all appears to be good. One slight problem. For my external users who use Citrix and log onto the Citrix server desktop they cannot use Outlook there. I do have a case open with Microsoft regarding this issue however my immediate issue to resolve is why I can log on as a user here in the office, open Outlook and all their mail is there. However when I use OWA the mailbox is incomplete. Does no...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

forgot password?please help
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS tsger@aol.com wrote: > I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - > PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS That's got to be VERY FRUSTRATING! Not only that, but your CAPS LOCK KEY is stuck! I'm sorry for you! ...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

need a bit of help.....
I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums that separates the dollar amount from cents. I have for example colum *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i would have to enter the same amount o...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data?
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? SLG, One option is to reverse the positions of the data on the spreadsheet. Assuming an XY chart, you would change a setup like this: x y 5 4 4 2 5 3 7 4 6 5 to this: y x 4 5 2 4 3 5 4 7 5 6 If this doesn't work, can you post back to let us know what type of chart and data you're using? ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "SLG" wrote: > My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis ...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

Link Help!!!
hi, How can I add or remove link from “My Work” under workplace, like Calendar or Reports...? And where the file sitelog.xml?? thnx, ...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

converting plain data to table format
It has been a while since I used excel but I am almost sure there is a way to convert just plain rows and columns of data into a table format. This way I believe that adding rows to this block of data is as simple as tabbing after the last cell and it should just drop down to the next row and insert one??? correct?? Excel should recognize a contiguous range as a table, or list. Include headings in the first row, and leave at least one blank row and column between the table and other items on the worksheet. You can use the built-in data form to add records to the table (Data>Form). Or,...

Data Migration Framework 08-04-04
Hi, I am not understanding something pretty fundamental regarding the Data Migration Framework (DMF). I am looking to migrate a limited number of records (approx 1K) from Goldmine into MS CRM as Account records. I understand that the DTS in SQL can be used to load the data into the CDF database. On page 73 of the Data Migration Framework Guide (v1.2) it states that you use the Goldmine export utility to extract data from Goldmine. However, how do you use DTS to load this data into the CDF database as Goldmine exports it into Excel? Also, using the export facility in Goldmine you can only e...

MSP 2007 resources help
Hi all, Three questions: 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP? 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month. Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the appropriate cost? 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their cost? Thank you in advance -- - Hello...

imported distributions lists show as contacts
Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists, then imported into a new system. Teh imported DL's show up as separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a simplified way to correct? Version of Outlook they were exported from and imported into? How did you import them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

trendline HELP!
I have a chart that i am making of PPMs for the year of 2006. I have jan-may in the data series and the rest are left blank. I am trying to get a trendline in where it will stop at whatever month I am at but update when a new month's data is entered into the box. However, I cannot figure out how to do this, when I do have a trend line it goes to like -4000. can anyone help me please? Make a dynamic chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm...

Help what kind of formula?
I've used Excel formulas in a basic way (sums, averages, divisions, and multiplication of cell data) for about a year. I came across this formula today for a project I need to complete. I've never seen the "SUMIF" or the dollar symbol, OR the ampersand! After hilighting the formula to see if I could just figure it out, I'm stumped. Any chance someone could explain what function these symbols serve Here is the formula =SUMIF($D$3:$D$28,"="&$C38,H$3:H$28) :confused: -- Emil0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emil...

publisher 97 won't import a file graph of acceptable quality.
To MSFT: Let me try this again. I have Pub 97 that I must use for writing a manual. I try to import a black and white graphic-a chart, in jpeg or gif or whatever,but the graphic is of such poor quality that it can not be used. This only happens in my Publisher program. I have tried to change the adapter accerleration reading, but it does not help. Does anyone else have this problem with the older version of Pub 97? Do you have this problem with later versions of Publisher? Any ideas are appeciated. Check your graphics filters. Might have some corruption going on. They are in a folder sim...

Was this post helpful to you?
Hi gang, Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post helpful to you? " In a case where I posted a question and received numerous helpful responses, which collectively provided the final solution, do I select Yes for each response that was helpful, or just select Yes on the very last post when the topic has ended? Thanks Peter On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:44:01 -0700, Petermgr <Petermgr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi gang, > >Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post >helpful to you? "...

Need help from fellow Admin about Mailbox sizes
I need a little help from some fellow Admins that have successfully created some policies about mailbox limits. Currently I am fighting the small company mentality in a growing company. We have about 150-200 mailboxes and I am looking for some suggestions on at what size is a good idea to start the warning messages, then stop send and then stop all traffic. I have some users that are getting to the 2GB size. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance. There is no standard or best practice for quota settings except that you should set a limit, even if a high one, for "Prohibi...

Default workbook not coming up help
The workbook I have made is in Excel startup folder and used to come u on launch and file, new or command new. Now only comes up on relaunch and command N, brings up a default workbook. Any ideas appreciated thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Function Help?
I need a function that will count back all previous rows for th farthest digit back in the R, S and T cells and place it in the column. The furthest digit back: each of the 3 cells being evaluated ( S and T) have single digit values which have occurred in previous R, T cells, but the value which last appeared in the earliest row is th value which the furthest back. I want the function to count how man rows since the last time that value last occurred. See sample below the N column has the correct answers: Example: .................R..S...T........N row 11:....9...0...6 row 12:....7...5.....