help with if formulas

I think that this is fairly simple but I still need help.  Could anyon
tell me what formula to use if I want to have column d show me a valu
of 8 if the value of column c is greater then 5 hrs but show me a valu
of 0 if the column c is less then 5 or blank?

Thank

--
rvnwd
rvnwdr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2390

=IF(C1>5/24,8,0)

format the result as time. If C1 has 5 hrs as integer 5, do not divid
by 24.

Manges

--
mangesh_yada
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1047

How do you add text after a formula?
I'm working on creating a report. At the top of each section is a mont that I type in. At the bottom I want a cell to display that month an also add the word "Total". So for example I have May listed in Cell B3 I now want "May Total" to be listed in cell B36. I know if I want it t display just "May" I'd enter =B3 but how do I make it add the Tota part? Thanks in advance for any help -- Wease ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Weasel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2720 Vie...

Formulas for race game (position calculation after each round)
Hi. I have a worksheet like the following: Player's Name-----Round1(R1)-----R2-----R3...-----Total Score====Position after R1-----Pos.(R2)-----Pos.(R3)... Position is calculated based on the score accumalted (the more scores, the better) so far. Eg: Postion after R1 depends on score got in R1. Position after R2 depends on score got in R1 & R2. Position after R3 depends on score got in R1 & R2 & R3. Q: What formulas should I use to calculate the positions up to different rounds? I think I can use RANK functions, but it seems I need to set SUM formulas to calculate total scores...

Dates in Formulae
Dear all, Suppose I want to create a basic formula eg one which adds 6 months to a date, how would I do it? Doing it by date + 6 months worth of days will obviously not work as the number of days in 6 months will vary. Any thoughts? Thanks, Danny Hi Danny, =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) But do think about what you want the day to be in case the source date is, for example, august 31. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Aardvark" <djurmann@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23cU8IWF0DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > ...

Clear Contents But Not Formula
I want to use a complicated worksheet that was devised for last year but contents will now change to this year. How can I clear the contents of the cells, the numbers, but leave the formula remaining? Hi click in the sheet you want to do this in (please try on a copy of your workbook first), choose edit / goto, click the special button and then check "constants" .. there's some tick boxes you can play with too ... then click OK and press the delete key. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Gancom3" <Gancom3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8749...

Content Library, help required
Publisher 2007. Mary Sauer introduced me to Content Library.Many months ago. I use it almost everytime I use Publisher. Could you please help again? I have a new laptop and I desperately need to transfer the contents from my desktop machine to my laptop. I do have a USB memory stick! My Content Library is huge! Momo (Maureen) Hello Mike, Have you attempted copying the folder files and transferring the contents to the appropriate folder in your laptop hard drive? If you installed Publisher on your laptop; Publisher will have automatically created a Content Library folder. I would sugg...

Formula for calculating Gross Profit with muktiple discounts #2
List Price less Disc1 less Disc2 equals Net Price. Sell price less net price equal profit divided by sell price equal gross margin percentage. $10 less 50% less 10% =$4.50. Sell for $12.50. $6.00 less $4.50 =$1.50. $1.50/6.00 = 25% GP. All of these figures are in cells of their own. Cannot get this to calculate correcly. Please help! Urgent CARM Wrote: > List Price less Disc1 less Disc2 equals Net Price. Sell price less net > price equal profit divided by sell price equal gross margi > percentage. > > $10 less 50% less 10% =$4.50. Sell for $12.50. $6.00 less > $4....

HELP scanpst.exe fails
Outlook 2000 fails to open and recommends running the inbox repair tool. When running the tool it fails and gives the following error message: An error has occurred which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the scanned file. The .pst file is 1.96 GB. The mail is downaloaded from our ISP, so it resides only on the .pst. We need to resolve this problem ASAP. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance, Emjay Your .PST file is dangerously close to the 2GB limit. If scanpst.exe isn't working, you may need to use the crop tool. Look here for the information you need to hopefull...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! ...

Can Anyone Help me?
Hi, I'm new to Pub 2003. I am creating an advert. I have used the rectangular 'auto-shape' and filled it with a transparent fade to black. Ofcourse it is very important that it is transparent, but when I come to print it, it appears as a solid rectangle. Does anyone know how to change this and basically print how you see it on the screen?? Many thanks, Ben Publisher has always had problems with transparency. Create your auto-shape with your preferred transparency. Right-click, save as picture. Choose .png. Re-insert into your publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mv...

Excel Formula Error for No Good Reason
I don't know why, but this formula will not stop giving me an error in Excel 2003. =IF( $A8 <> "", B8 * E8, IF( ROW(H7) <> 1, IF( G8 = "Subtotal", SUM( H$2:H7 ), IF( LEFT(G8, 3) = "Tax", ROUND( $J$1 * H7, 2), IF( G8 = "Total", INDIRECT( ADDRESS( ROW(H8)-2, COLUMN(H8) ) ) + H7, IF( G8 = "Depr", SUM( INDIRECT( "G2:"&ADDRESS( ROW(H8) - 4, COLUMN(G7),4) ,TRUE) ), "" ) ...

Changing formula in multiple cells or range simultaneously
I am trying to change the value in multiple cells in a large worksheet simultaneuously. I want to identify the range and then adjust the formula in the entire range. Is there a way that I can highlight the range and then change to formula in each, simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to double the value in the entire range, how would I do this? Thanks, Michael You could put 2 in an empty cell. Copy it Edit|Paste special|click on Multiply under the operation section. Then clear out that 2. But it really depends on what kind of change you're making. If you wanted to ad...

excel formula.
=IF(Sheet1!B4=Sheet1!B1,2,If(Sheet1!B4>Sheet1!B1,1,If (Sheet1!B4<Sheet1!B1,4) In the above formula how would I insert an incremental amount. ie: If(Sheet1!B4>Sheet1!B1,1, the increase to be by two and the result remain one. ie: (Sheet1!B4<Sheet1!B1,4) the decrease be by 1 with the result remaining 4 I am sure that what you want to do is possible, but you have to be a little more descriptive to make us understand. Thanks. Ideally, put up some cell names, put values, then say what you want done. Boris >-----Original Message----- >=IF(Sheet1!B4=Sheet1!...

formula
Hi, I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to copy it down, it doesn't seem to recognise my odd numbers request. What formula should I use? Thanks! Use =INDIRECT("A"&ROW(A1)*2-1) and copy down -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Georgyneedshelp" <Georgyneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:464A8951-DB29-4907-AE09-AA7CE4F0C15A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to > copy it down, it doe...

i need your help
i am providing you with my problem with an excel attachment file please reply me asap. Attachment filename: help me.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=463626 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would suggest using Data / Filter / AutoFilter. This is a very simple yet effective way of doing what you want. If you need to create separate 'tables' you can use the Advanced Filter Andy. "mangesh >" <<mangesh.12lfkr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mangesh.12lfkr@e...

Outlook Help #11
I am running outlook express 5 for mac. I would like to no how to put a graphic in with my signature. What kind of file and how to import it in. Thanks for any help!! PrePress <art@graphiccraft.com> wrote: > I am running outlook express 5 for mac. > I would like to no how to put a graphic in with my signature. > What kind of file and how to import it in. > Thanks for any help!! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Formula Syntax
Hi I am using the formula below to bring data from one sheet to another. =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Data!$O$3:$O$5017,"mmm-yy")=TEXT($A9,"mmm-yy")),--(Data! $P$3:$P$5017="Tricia Woodgate"),Data!$Q$3:$Q$5017) However at the end I want to return the sum of Q3+R3:Q5017+R5017. Can someone tell me how to set up the syntax please Thanks A "Alex Hammerstein" <aph@misnet.co.uk> wrote: > Hi I am using the formula below [....]. > > =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Data!$O$3:$O$5017,"mmm-yy")=TEXT($A9,"mmm-yy")),--(Data! > $P$3:$P$5017=&q...

Help with CInternetSession
Hey everyone, hoping someone can give me a hand here as this seems a little backwards to me. Basically I am writing an application that uploads a file to my webserver (a static IP) using CInternetSessions and CFtpConnection. Now I've included the code I'm using below to illustrate what seems wrong to me (and probably is :( ). Basically I don't know/understand when I'm supposed to delete my sessions and connections (seems like I never call ::Close() probably not a good thing). If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong (remember I'm calling this chunk of code about every ...

Sign In stopped working -- Help
Live was working fine until 2/29/10. Now Windows Live mail Desktop will not send or receive mail. “Sign in” shows in the upper right corner. When I click Sign In (upper right) then “Sign in” box in the sign in pop-up I get “Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later”. I can access my mail on MSN web (Same address and PW). -- Ann from CA Oops - stopped on the 26th! -- Ann from CA "ann6709" wrote: > Live was working fine until 2/29/10. Now Windows Live mail Desktop will not > send or receive mail....

outlook express frozen HELP!
when I click to reply to a sender, the reply box never pops up and outlook express becomes frozen so i do ctrl, alt delete and it says its not responding so i end task and try to reopen and it says outlook is still running i dunno how to fix this.....please help sophie ...

Need Help #9
Hi This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum of 10. The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or over. Microsoft Excel 2002 Thanks in advance Dave On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:43:49 -0000, "Dave 2005" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum >of 10. > >The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. > >Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or ...

VBA editor & help
Is there any way to keep the VBA window from re-sizing when help is used? I can start help, resize the editor, ALT-TAB to help and the editor shrinks again. Excel 2K. Thanks, Mike If you are comfortable modifying the system registry with RegEdit (remember, there are no "undo" or "save without changes" operations with the registry -- everything is live), you can add a new DWORD value named "IsFloating" and give it a value of 1. Create this value in the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\HelpViewer Restart Excel after you create the Is...

Excel Array Formula: Multiple Criteria Sum IF Challenge
Currently, I have the following Excel Worksheet Invc No Code Status Charges RejCode 291 CH no pay 50 291 CH no pay 50 291 PY no pay ded 152 CH no pay 50 152 CH no pay 25 152 PY no pay dat 206 CH no pay 50 206 CH no pay 50 206 PY no pay 507 CH no pay 50 507 CH no pay 45 507 PY no pay ded 600 CH overpaid 25 600 CH overpaid 25 600 PY overpaid ded I would like to obtain the following results, Total Charges by Rejecte "no pay" invoices and the specific "no pay" invoices with rejections a displayed below: Total Charges by Rejected "No pay"...

Help, please: sorting the Legend
I'm lucky if I use 10% of the power of Excel. I would be grateful for advice. Ten salesmen on a team. At the end of each month, their cumulative totals for the year are updated. The spreadsheet gets re-sorted, showing their standing in rank order. Simple enough. At the beginning of the year, I created a line chart to track each person's progress. I initially listed the names in alphabetical order and defined the series accordingly. The problem comes when I do the end of the month re-sort. The names in the Legend are no longer in alphabetical order but neither do they correctly corres...

XSD Restrictions help please
Greetings all. Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an enumerated value of ‘myType’ then element E also needs to have Attribute B. Xml example below E=Item A=type B=len <Items> <Item type=” myType” len=”5” /> <Item type=” NOTmyType” /> </Items> Any help or a point in a semi right direction would be very helpful :) AdamH wrote: > Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. > > If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an...

Help--Calendar Assistant won't install
My calendar won't print in the month view. I'm trying to install the assistant and get stuck when the message says "Outlook must be closed" It is closed, and I also checked the start-up menu. I've checked programs in the Control Panel and Calendar Printing Assistant isn't there. I'm using Visa, and Office 2007 Enterprise. Would appreciate help with this. Thank you. Sorry. Answered my own question. I finally after, say, 58 attempts to install this program, I opened Task Manager, and indeed, there were two OUTLOOK.EXE. files running in the backgro...