Help with graph

Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph
Column A = 17 Items
Column B = September Reported
Column C = September Actual
Column D = October Reported
Column E = October Actual
.... to the end of the year
I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the acutal.
I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph.  Am I
arranging my data incorrectly?  What kind of graph should I use?
0
xgirl (16)

Hi,

You could create a (say Bar) chart from your data by selecting B1 and
D1 (select B1, CTRL-click D1) and Insert Chart. On the Series tab, add
a Series2 which is C1,E1 and complete the chart.

However, it is better practice to set the data for a chart series to be
contiguous cells, then the series can be easily adjusted to include
additional months.

If it is necessary that your B,C,D & E columns be preserved then you
could use 'helper' cells that reflect the data but in sequence (asin
the K area)

See the attached for both charts.

xgirl Wrote:
> Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph
> Column A = 17 Items
> Column B = September Reported
> Column C = September Actual
> Column D = October Reported
> Column E = October Actual
> .... to the end of the year
> I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the
> acutal.
> I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph.  Am
> arranging my data incorrectly?  What kind of graph should I use?

|Filename: Book2.zip                                                |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3772     |

Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401341

Thanks Brian that worked.

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You could create a (say Bar) chart from your data by selecting B1 and
> D1 (select B1, CTRL-click D1) and Insert Chart. On the Series tab, add
> a Series2 which is C1,E1 and complete the chart.
>
> However, it is better practice to set the data for a chart series to be
> contiguous cells, then the series can be easily adjusted to include
> additional months.
>
> If it is necessary that your B,C,D & E columns be preserved then you
> could use 'helper' cells that reflect the data but in sequence (asin
> the K area)
>
> See the attached for both charts.
>

> xgirl Wrote:
> > Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph
> > Column A = 17 Items
> > Column B = September Reported
> > Column C = September Actual
> > Column D = October Reported
> > Column E = October Actual
> > .... to the end of the year
> > I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the
> > acutal.
> > I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph.  Am
> > arranging my data incorrectly?  What kind of graph should I use?

> |Filename: Book2.zip                                                |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3772     |

> Bryan Hessey
> Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401341

0
xgirl (16)

pasting excel graph into Outlook Express email...
I got a new version of Excel on my new XP pro machine and now when I try to copy and paste an Excel graph into the email, it doesn't work.... Buuhaaaah haaaaah haaaaaah.... help, groundhog1 Responding to this query doesn't guarantee a satisfactory resolution to your problem, but... What does "it doesn't work" mean? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <ad94aad489aaa0b607d616e1bd607e98 @localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com>, groundhog1rb@excite.com says... &...

It is a beautiful day
Hello, I would like to convert my cell text to html or add HTML to it and keep the data in the cell. I need to upload my excel database to a software that requires the cell data to be HTML ready. It has to have the neccessary tags so the whole cell text is HTML ready. I have over a 1000 files so doing it manually would not be practical. Some of the cells have a large amount of data in them. The cell contains text that is not formatted. The cell data I have right now looks something like this: _*ColumnA*_ ___________________________________________________________ Barley Water 2 Tbs pearl ba...

Macro Help
I have this simple function to capture back ground color of a cell. Function BGCol(refRange As Range) BGCol = refRange.Interior.ColorIndex End Function I want to convert this to an array function where that array can store colorindex for all the cells in a specified range and then i can use it in a sumproduct formula to fins cells with a certain color. Any help or direction appreciated. Best, RK Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html, that is exactly what I do there. -- HTH Bob "rk0909" <rk0909@discussions.micros...

User Form Help #2
Hi, can any one help me please ? What I'm trying do to use combo box on a form I have created whic will display data in column 'A' e.g. Zip codes When the user has found the Zip code they require in Column A, an pressed the OK button the associated data in columns B, C & D will b displayed in the Text box on the form e.g. the user uses the combo box is used to select data in A12 Then press the OK Button The data in B12, C12, D12 is displayed in the text box Any assistance would be appreciated Many thanks Rob NB Excel version 200 -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ...

Help! Word Table to Excel
I have a Word document that contains a huge table. I need to export i to Excel, but I am having no luck in doing so. I have tried to simpl cut and paste but it is not working. ANy suggestions would be greatl appreciated -- kaleb052 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kaleb0521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26427 Hi what exact probel do you encounter? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "kaleb0521" <kaleb0521.1davpa@...

Help with modeless dialogs
Hi, in the dialog based application that i'm writing,i want to display two charts,each displayed in a separate modeless dialog. I've declared two variables: > CGraphD* m_dlg; > CGraphD* m_dlgLoad; Where CGraphD is the modeless dialog's class.I initialize them in OnInitDialog,but then i've got an unhandled exception. Debugging the app i've noted that when OnInitDialog returns,i have the following situation: > m_dlgLoad 0x005555b0 {CGraphD hWnd=0x0006056c} > m_dlg 0x00554a90 {CGraphD hWnd=0x0008059a} In my application,i've a button which lets the user lo...

Excel 2007 chart help
Hi gang new here - we just switched to 2007 and i am having a hard time creating a pie chart with the following info - WA 29 $835K GA 39 $335K FL 68 $1M CA 105 $1M TX 123 $5M when i try to make pie chart i select all the cells with my mouse - when i do that and go to insert and i can get it to work all that shows in my chart is TX 123 where the title is and on the right side just one blip $835K On the data i selected i have a green box around TX 123 then a blue box only on $5M and a purple box covering from $835k down to $1M i can not get this to work any help would be appreciated...

Help; ther's got to be a better way :-(
Hi, I have several reports that export into .xls spreadsheeets from SAP. They always export with multiple header lines which makes it hard to sort because doing 'Data>Sort>w/ Header' only keeps the top line as header. I need to keep them all for my boss. I have been doing them manually but the 2 new ones he gave me this morning contain 37,000 rows each. Is there a way to sort all and have the first 6 rows be an exception? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Nikki Nikki, Insert a new row above the one row of headers that you want to use, then select one cell in the tab...

help pls about vector
i hope someone knows how to notate a ' vector' in excel. So not (2.0) but the 2 above de 0 en both between de ( )... cheers, derK ...

Help Exchange 5.5 file C:\ExchSrvr\imcdata\out\H214SSQB exploded?
Our chruch is running Windows SmBusServer 4.5 with NT 4.0 SP6 and Exchange 5.5. recently we noticed our 'C:' particion exploding as a result we suspect of the above file. In our normal 3-17-06 backup we had 26,333 files and 2.278 GB. On 3-20-06 we find 27,028 files and 7.850 GB. The above file (H214SSQB) is currently 5.425 GB Can you help us resolve this sudden space requirement which appears to be occuring in this one file? Another hit like this would blow up our just under 10GB drive 'C:' partition. Thank you REllis@GatewayCLC.Org that is a message stuck in the ...

Microsoft Money Password help
I worked with money 2001on my old computer xp . I had no password for one file and I did have a clear password for my other file. I had to reformat and I installed 2001 money on a new laptop with vista. Trying to download my files, it asks for a password. for the file that didn't have a password, it asks for the password. For the file that had a password, the official password didn't work. I ran a password retrieval program and it verified that the file without a password didn't have one assigned. Here's my best guess at some dire assistance which may or may not b...

Help with code 01-01-08
I wrote the following code hopeing to Enable a textbox "Me.[Extended Price]" when its value is greater than 0 and disable it when its value is equal to 0. Am I using the right Event here? Private Sub Extended_Price_Change() If Me.[Extended Price].Value > 0 Then Me.[Extended Price].Enabled = True ElseIf Me.[Extended Price].Value = 0 Then Me.[Extended Price].Enabled = False End If End Sub That's not going to work. Firstly, the Change event fires for each keystroke. At that time, the Value is not yet updated, so the code won't do what you ex...

Help creating an Excel Add-in using VS205 in either VB.NET or C#
Hi there, I know that what I'm asking is relatively simple so I would appreciate any help I could get. I want to create an Excel Add-in but I don't want to use VBA. The reason is that I want to hide my code. So what I would like to do is to create an Excel Addin using VS 2005 in either VB.NET or C#. Any sample code out there or perhaps steps by step instructions somewhere on the web as to how to create one? Essentially I want to create an Excel Addin and when I deploy it using an MSI on a machine I want to be able to run a formula something like =MyFormula() and this should ret...

Query help 02-29-08
I have a table with 20 columns and I am looking to add a column that searches the other 20 columns and if all the cells in that row are null enter value in the new column =X and if there is information in any of the other columns make new column's row value = is null? Any help would be appreciated. A B C D NEWCOLUMN 1 A Z B X Q X It is rarely necessary to store "calculated" data, and there are some good reasons not to. What you are asking for sounds like something you...

OWA SSL problem... please help
Hi, We have an Exchange Server with OWA on SSL. 2 Days ago something happened to the SSL on IIS. On accessing the https://mailserveraddress/exchange website the certificate or login prompts do not appear. Instead I get a "page cannot be displayed" error. When SSL is disabled (http://mailserveraddress/exchange) OWA works just fine. I have tried everything I could find on MS KB with little success. Does somebody know how to resolve this problem and get Certificate Services back up on IIS ? Thank you for your help Sai Krishnakumar ...

still looking for help with an If Then Vloop vba code.
This is what I have so far; If tb1.Value <> "" Then Range("J15").Select Do If Ifempty(ActiveCell) = False Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select End If Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = True ActiveCell.Value = 'here is where i run int problems. the activecell.value needs to be from a vlookup. this is what I a trying, but not working activecell.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(tb1.value workbooks("Name").worksheets("Name").Range("a1:c200"), 3, 0) The workbook that I am doing the Vlookup in, is open -- M...

Query design help requested
hello to all I'm fairly new at this! Here's my situation. qryA and qry B have identical structures. The PKey used in both is EmplID. I need to know how to construct qryC (again with the same fields) so that it contains ALL the data rows in qryA EXCEPT those also in qryB. Help greatly appreciated Victoria Use the unmatched query wizard (first dialog when you create a new query.) Use qryA as the first 'table', and qryB as the one to exclude. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips...

Object not found. Cant open attachment, HELP PLEASE!!
I have 2 users out of 80 that cannot open attachments for some reason. They get a message saying "Object not found". I can open the message easily from my machine, no problems. Has anyone seen this problem before? We are all running XP Professional with Office 2000 SP3 with all updates. the mail format is HTML so I dont think its the Rich-Text issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve Kennemer Dallas TX ...

Help needed re: parameter query
I create a parameter query to allow users to check records with interview dates that fall between a specific time window on a timely basis. To do so, I first create 2 fields as: start_date: [On! or AFTER (m/d/yyyy):] end_date: [On or BEFORE (m/d/yyyy):] Then for the "interview date" field, I put in the criteria: >=[On or AFTER (m/d/yyyy):] And <=[On or BEFORE (m/d/yyyy):] This way when opening/running the query, the user will be prompted to enter a start date and an end date. However, the test run picks up one record that falls outside the range (along with all other r...

Need help on writing checks for payroll
I am totally new with this, and I have no idea on how to write a check. I went to the business section, later on I clicked on Payroll but it says I should sign up. I already have the checks so theres no need for me to enroll with that company. Please guide me. Thank you very much I suspect you have a business section. Few users here have experience with that. (There are some that do, so there may be some responses.) Are you totally unfamiliar with the software? Or totally unfamiliar with writing payroll checks? If the latter, I suggest you enlist the aid of a competent accountant...

Help, pls, with corrupt .pst file
Hi.. using Outlook 2000 and XP Home. My archive file is now corrupt. I have tried using Microsoft's utility to fix it, no luck. Are there any programs/ utilities I could try??? Thank you!! -- B'Regards, Vinnie ScanPST is about all there is. Have you also checked your hard drive to make sure it's not corrupt/etc? "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message news:%238K6PXuuFHA.3588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi.. using Outlook 2000 and XP Home. > > My archive file is now corrupt. I have tried using Microsoft's utility to &...

Hyperlink to Word document help!
I have a bunch of hyperlinks from my Excel worksheet to a Word document. How do I use the "bookmark" feature in the Word document to help me point each Excel hyperlink to a specific _location_ in the Word document? Thanks! Ken Floyd Developmental Mathematics College of Southern Idaho Use the bookmark as an anchor: If the bookmark in document1.doc is "bkmk1" then the hyperlink's Link To: field should be file:///<your path>\document1.doc#bkmk1 In article <0f1701c383e0$f1f3de30$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Ken Floyd" <kvfloyd@cableone.net...

Graphs on a report
Hi guys, I have been wracking my brains over this for the past day or so and was wondering if anyone could help. The situation is this: I have a report in Access (Office 2003) which has four graphs on it. These graphs are all generated from the same query, they just display different fields. The query requires the user to enter a Start and End date to select information from the back-end table. When the report opens, each chart runs its own version of the query, meaning that 8 boxes appear asking for dates, one after the other. I have tried using VBA to ask the user for dates when...

macro help #5
I have gotten to this point with the great input from others here, and I'm looking to tweek this a little more. Below is a copy of one of my macros. I want it to copy and paste A5:V5 into any selected cell. When I click on the macro button it copies the row and allows me to right click and paste it in any selected cell, but it leaves the view on the source row of the macro. Is there any change I can make to the code to eliminate it from moving the view to the source row, and do all the steps without right clicking-paste? In short I am looking to just select ...

Help formulating cuestions for jobb intervue
Hello! We are going to have intervues with potential MFC programmers, and we are going to hire one of them. The person responsible for the intervue is sick and I have to replace him. I would appreciate help with formulating programing and MFC cuestions. best regards /Larre Hi, Perhaps you could test them on how their English is too, while you are at it ;-) Okay, that was too easy :-o [seriously now] What is your background? MFC programmer to MFC programmer, you would get the real ones from the wannabees in a heartbeat... otherwise, it will be difficult, won't it? [/seriously now] ...