Help with functions

If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a message box

=IF((F4-E4)>=10,Amend()+F4-E4,F4-E4)

How can I use a function to transfer some information from different cells
to a new worksheet
if the formula above works?

0
Monty (61)

You can't have a function transfer information to another cell, it will
return it's info in the cell where it's located, you would need a formula(s)
in the cells where you want this information. Otherwise you would need VBA

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Monty" wrote:

> If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a message box
>
> =IF((F4-E4)>=10,Amend()+F4-E4,F4-E4)
>
> How can I use a function to transfer some information from different cells
> to a new worksheet
> if the formula above works?

0
PeoSjoblom (789)
1/3/2005 9:19:15 PM
VBA? What will i look for.

Thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> You can't have a function transfer information to another cell, it will
> return it's info in the cell where it's located, you would need a formula(s)
> in the cells where you want this information. Otherwise you would need VBA
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Monty" wrote:
>
> > If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a message box
> >
> > =IF((F4-E4)>=10,Amend()+F4-E4,F4-E4)
> >
> > How can I use a function to transfer some information from different cells
> > to a new worksheet
> > if the formula above works?

0
Monty (61)

help sos #2
error 421 smtp service is not available ...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

error C2661: 'CStdStr<CT>::Format' : no overloaded function takes 19 argumentswith[CT=char]
Hi, I am getting following error, error C2661: 'CStdStr<CT>::Format' : no overloaded function takes 19 arguments with[CT=char] If you have the solution please provide it. Thanks, Shilpa Did you compile as Unicode, but still put in an ANSI format string like ..Format("%d") rather than .Format(_T("%d")) Tom "shilpa" <bharatid@cybage.com> wrote in message news:1174467883.296564.83070@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am getting following error, > > error C2661: 'CStdStr<CT>::Format' : no overloaded ...

Help!! think I messed this up!!
Hey need your help!! We have 2 domains, 1 2000 and 1 4.0 domain. We have 2 2000 exchange servers running in the 2000 domain and 1 exchange 5.5 box running in the 4.0 domain. We have ADC running. I moved the 5.5 user to the 2k exchange box like your supposed to. Management doesn't want to move the user into the 2000 domain. Nice huh? Well they could open their mailbox on the first 2000 exchange server. But it would act like it was trying to connect to the 2nd 2000 exhange box becuase it was coming up with a logon box with the 2nd exchange server name. So I disabled the ADC and mov...

screen is showing slides in backward order .. . help!
Hello I have a pptx presentation with six slides. For some reason, everything is defualting the the right (the bullets come out to the right of the words, the slides print as handouts in backwards order, the outline pane is on the right hand side of the slide pane). THis is only happening for this presentation. Others I create are the typical way PP usually works. PLEASE HELP! I wish I could upload it here but am unable to do so. See your other post -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_t...

Need help on this....thanks

help with cell referencing in named ranges
I have a named range covering about 30 columns of data. I'd like to lookup within the named range based on values in the 1st column, and a specific date which is the label on top of each of the other 29 columns. I have typed in a new column number as necessary, but I'd like to automate the column number by looking at a separate cell which gives the date. Ex: Dates across the top of the named range are 1/1/90, 1/1/91, etc thru 1/1/2003(in sheet1). Lets say I have a cell in sheet2(d1)that has the date 1/1/2003. In that same sheet starting in cell a1 I have a value which ...

HELP need index of the actual selected point
Hi, I need help. I must get the index of a the currently selectd point in the chart. I can't use the Mouseup event. It will be better to determinate the x and y value from the actual selected point but the index will also be good. Please help! thx Jens You need to use an old-style XLM command for this, as Stephen Bullen pointed out in his post 14-Jan-2001: Sub WhichPoint() Dim sPoint As String Dim iSeries As Integer, iPoint As Integer sPoint = ExecuteExcel4Macro("SELECTION()") If sPoint Like "S*P*" Then iSeries = Val(Mid$(sPoint, 2...

Free books on Charting, Basics, Data Management, Functions; Free Add-In "Excel Usability Enhancer"
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" Vijay Gupta ...

inbox.dbx infected with netsky !!! HELP!!!
I have one windows xp pro laptop with outlook express the inbox.dbx file seems corrupted because months of email just suddenly went missing for no reason I suspected that it is corrupted I installed easyrecovery pro and ran the emailrepair function to recover the inbox.dbx file I successfully recovered most of the mails But when the easyrecovery emailrepair is just about to write the repaired inbox.dbx file into the hard drive, my symantec antivirus corporate edition complains that the repaired inbox.dbx file is infected with the NETSKY virus .... and deletes the inbox.dbx file because it...

Pie Chart Help
Can anyone help? I have a spreadsheet to which I have one column that has different letters in, I need to create a pie chart that shows the amount of the same letter (i.e. 'P's in blue, 'F's in red etc) just so I can show how many of one letter there is? Any ideas and please explain fully as I am quite a new user Add a heading to the column of letters then you could create a pivot table to summarize the data, and create a pie chart from the pivot table results. There are instructions for pivot tables in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: ht...

POP email multiple duplicate downloads HELP!
Hi, ISP is SBC Global. I just installed Outlook 2003 yesterday and it keeps downloading ALL the mail I have in the SBC web inbox, even though I"ve marked them as "read" online, multiple times. Duplicate finder [bought and installed] doesn't recognize most of them as dupes. I've done "detect & repair," [got error 1311 source file not found; C:\msocache\allusers\90000409-60000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\ZS561.CAB. Couldn't find that in my installation disk, either.] SBC says they do not support Outlook 2003 -- "it's too new." Superviso...

Copy Record Button Function
Hi. I have two forms that I would like to add a copy record button to. But I get error messages [Run-time error 3414] when I try. It points to this line of code when I click debug: If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark After troubleshooting for a bit, I realized that both forms have lookup boxes in the form header section. If I delete the lookup box from the form I can add a duplicate record button without a problem. Is there anyway to have both the lookup box and the duplicate record button on the form simulatneously? Here is the code for one of the lookup boxes ...

Help with System Attendant
Hi all: My situation is this. We had a single system running AD/exchange (windows and exchange 2000). Not ideal, I know :) The systems' mft became corrupted, and I spent a long night bringing up a 2nd exchange server. I was able to bring up the old server, move mailboxes, and have everyone up and running before the next biz day. I've since installed an AD controller on another machine, as the original (problem) server could die any day. I found where to set the 2nd server as a global catalog server, and thought I might have been done. That is, until I tried adding new use...

What kind of function should I use?
Hi there, I was wondering what type of function should I use in the xml reports for the receipts. I need a rounding function but I can't find info on which language or standard they use. Please help! DO NOT DELETE THIS QUESTION PLEASE! Thank you Julien ------=_NextPart_0001_207E425D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Julien, Thank you for posting your rounding question. Can you please let me know what you are trying to round? Or is this related to your question about discounts? Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Secure!...

Format Function
Below is a snipplet of code that gets a recordset. I'm trying to output to a text file and keep my columns of data straight by using tabs. Because of the length of records in the field objRS!sShift, the vbTab code wasn't lining my column correctly, so I used the Format() function with the "@@@@@@" parameter and my data from the objRS!sShift now right-aligns. My new problem is I have a new field called "percentData" that is a percent that I need to display as 54.62% for example. Without the Format() function, the raw output of this field looks like 0.5462625 f...

find&select button,help please?
Hi everybody, i'm using excel 2007,when i press the find&select button it dosen't sow me the cell i'm looking for,it has been disabled,although when i look the rows one by one i can find it,how can i able the find&select. i'd appreciate if u'd let me know,cuz i'm in trouble here ...

Help with rules not working #2
Hi: I'm continuing to experience problems with Rules working. This time, I have Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2000 Server, set up to run on a PC (Win XP pro). I'm connected to that PC with a remote desktop session that is always open. None of the rules work unless I run them manually (even rules that are server side). Does anyone know if a command line switch (or anything else) will work to ensure that rules actually run automatically? Thanks for any suggestions -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

Help] How to merge two charts?
1. There are two charts M and N. Column A of chart M means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of chart M means part-name (in Japanese); Column A of chart N means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of chart N means part-name (in English); 2. Column M contains much more parts than Column N, which means N belongs to M; But M and N obey exactly the same part-number naming rule; 3. While most people can't Japanese but English, so it is planned to add the English part-names from Column N into Column M, just as remarks to corresponding Japanese part-names, meaning ...

please help OE & OL between 2 users
I am admin account and run Outlook. Girlfriend is limited account and runs OE. When she right clicks pics and the like to send to mail recepient, it opens an Outlook new message window. Now, these messages never get sent as she doesnt use Outlook as her email program. They simply accumulate in the Outlook outbox and never get sent. I cant set OE as her default email as it wont let me do that (I guess since Im admin and I use it). What should be done? Ive tried this all but the registry change http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098 and it wont take. Whats the best way to do...

Outlook.exe r6025 pure virtual function call
I was using Outlook 2002 with SP3 and I was creating an e- mail and it shut down and gave me the following error: OUTLOOK.EXE performed and error R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call Does anyone have an idea what is this. Thanks; ...

Oy, I need some help!!
Hi, Here is the problem: I use outlook express my wife uses outlook 2000 on a separate computer. I tried to combine the 2 computers into one. I copied my contacts from OE, went to the other computer and imported them in OE. Everything looked fine. When I went to Outlook, all the contacts were the ones in OE. I don't know what happened to her contacts. Is there any way to find and recover them? Do I need specific data recovery software? Is there any available on line? Please help... she is gonna kill me...... then divorce me!!!! Usually if Outlook and Outlook Express are set to s...

Help with memory leak (possibly in CArray)
Hi all, I've an App that takes about 4 hours to run before it throws the error I'm trying to fix, so I don't really fancy single-stepping it. It's throwing me a user break point in _heap_alloc_dbg at if (lRequest == _crtBreakAlloc) _CrtDbgBreak(); I guess this is an "out of heap memory" error. The App basically builds lots of models, tests them and then kicks the results out to a text file, so I'm creating and destroying a lot of objects, which is why I think I've a memory leak. The break actually comes during a call to CArray::SetSize, although I do apprec...

outlook express 5 help
I have a windows 2000 system that crashed. i backed up the outlook express folder and the applications data folder. I reinstalled Win2k. How do I import all the old Outlook express messages and address book on the new installation? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ...

HELP DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 What is it
Theres somebody how knows about the following ERROR MESSAGE DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 The window that showme the error message says: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot Resolve collation complete for equal to operation, then when i acept this message tellme that some sp called popSelectPODocInquiry return thje following results: DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 ... this happens when I enter to the window query in: query>purchase> purchase orders documents, then include open purchase orders, historic purchase orders, and receipt orders... tks, Camilo Villa It mea...