Help with formula #23

I am doing a Golf outing for my aunt. She has a list of scores across a row
and I will need to find the 3 lowest scores and divide the total by 3 and
subtract the par for that cousre to come up with their handicape. thank you
in advance.
Exp. 42, 44, 42. 40, 45, 41, 47, 45, 42, 44, 42, 45, 45, Take 40+41+42 =123
divide by 3 = 41 - 36 handi cap is 5.

0
MikeBusch (23)

=SUM(SMALL(A1:A13,1),SMALL(A1:A13,2),SMALL(A1:A13,3))/3-36

This assume the set is in A1-A13.  Small is the same as MIN but you choose
which number you want (SMALL(A1:A13,2) is the second smallest).  If you had
two 40's in your list SMALL(A1:A13,1) and SMALL(A1:A13,2) would both be 40.

"Mike Busch" wrote:

> I am doing a Golf outing for my aunt. She has a list of scores across a row
> and I will need to find the 3 lowest scores and divide the total by 3 and
> subtract the par for that cousre to come up with their handicape. thank you
> in advance.
> Exp. 42, 44, 42. 40, 45, 41, 47, 45, 42, 44, 42, 45, 45, Take 40+41+42 =123
> divide by 3 = 41 - 36 handi cap is 5.

0
Sloth (218)
9/26/2005 2:56:13 PM
Try...

=AVERAGE(SMALL(A1:M1,{1,2,3}))-36

Hope this helps!

In article <E647EB56-2E97-44A0-B5A4-ACB6BE257030@microsoft.com>,
 "Mike Busch" <MikeBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am doing a Golf outing for my aunt. She has a list of scores across a row
> and I will need to find the 3 lowest scores and divide the total by 3 and
> subtract the par for that cousre to come up with their handicape. thank you
> in advance.
> Exp. 42, 44, 42. 40, 45, 41, 47, 45, 42, 44, 42, 45, 45, Take 40+41+42 =123
> divide by 3 = 41 - 36 handi cap is 5.
0
domenic22 (716)

Org Charts?? Please help
Can anyone please help me with org charts? I need to create one that has from president down how do I create one that fits tons of people?? thank you so much.. I could use the help with either visio or powerpoint, if visio how do I transfer to powerpoint..if anyone can give me some examples that would be awesome, ive never done done :( -- 2 Hi, you can insert Orgcharts in PPT 2003 via Insert menu -> Picture-> Orgchart or in 2007 via insert tab->Illustrations group->Hierachy... all shapes/labels will be resized in accordance to the number of shapes to keep every...

HELP! Where do i find incoming and outgoing server information?
Hi im trying to add my first account to outlook and i get as far as it asking me for server information. Im using an MSN email account but dont kno whwere to find the incoming and out going server information? PLEASE HELP! lizzie 13 <lizzie 13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi im trying to add my first account to outlook and i get as far as > it asking me for server information. Im using an MSN email account > but dont kno whwere to find the incoming and out going server > information? Is this MSN account a POP account (for which MSN would have sent you server det...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

help with filtering
Hi, How do I use the autofilter to show me three items. It only seems allow me two when I use the custom filter. thanks Susie Hi do you mean 3 conditions?. If yes this is not possible with the autofilter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Susie wrote: > Hi, > > How do I use the autofilter to show me three items. It > only seems allow me two when I use the custom filter. > > thanks > > Susie Susie, Advanced filter may be the answer http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/filters/advanced2.htm Barbara Susie wrote: > Hi, > > How do I use the autofilter...

Looking for help with "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error
Please help anybody . . . I have been able to post messages via microsoft's news server but when I try posting to those same newsgroups via titannews.com (for which I am a paying subscriber) I always get a "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error. This wouldn't have anything to do with needing posting privelages for the newgroup would it? If it's a server error then it's not even getting to the intended newsgroup? Or may this type of error result from other causes? Maybe there's a seasoned news server user who can point me in the right direction for resolving t...

If IsNull...And...= Then Help!
I am trying to us If IsNull to create requirements on a form that need to be fulfilled, but I don't think I have the "language" quite right. Can anyone help me correct this? Here is what I have so far: Private Sub SubmitFitConcern_Click() If Len([CountermeasureDate] & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "You must select a Countermeasure Date." Exit Sub End If If Len([CountermeasureDate] & "") < (RequestDate) Then MsgBox "The Countermeasure Date must be greater than the Request Date." Exit Sub En...

Tricky formatting and Date Formula
I need to calculate the difference in ages for a school tracking program. The problem is in the fact that the ages are recorded as follows: 6.1 is a child 6 years and 1 month 6.2 is a child 6 years and 2 months etc 6.10 is a child 6 years and 10 months 6.11 is a child 6 years and 11 months The formatting cannot differentiate between 6.1 and 6.10. Is it possible to get around these problems so that I can a) record the ages so that they mean something in the spread sheet B) create a formula that will work out the age differences between a chronological age of, for example, 8.1 (8 years an...

Need Excel help on how to create a invoice.
i'm in abit of a dilema my project requires me to create an invoice bu i have no idea to do it, does anyone have msn/icq that can go thoug the process of creating an invoice with me.. thx in advance, any help appreciated -- translatio ----------------------------------------------------------------------- translation's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2612 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39454 anyone? able to help me :) -- translation -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Visual Basic for Applications Help not working right.
OS = WinXP Home and Pro with SP2. Under Office 2003 Professional Edition with SP1, if I open the VBA Editor and search for a function (say Msgbox) I get a whole list of things that can be displayed. All selections respond to a mouse click and provide a wealth of information except for those noted as (Visual Basic for Applications.) For those, nothing happens -- the system just sits there with the mouse cursor changed to a hand. I have gone to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and followed the instructions that appear in several places on the web for adding the VBA help files. The ...

trying to open .CHM help file
Can anyone help me please? i am trying to open a .CHM help file via a command button on my form. I have tried using SHELL but that doesnt work, presumably because it is not a .EXE. any help greatly appreciated Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question. If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to each group). In this way, all responses to your post will be available together, ...

Help, how do I import a CSV file when Negatives are in Parenthesis
I am attempting to import a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file into an MS Access 2007 mdb table. The table consists of text and numeric (defined as Double) fields. Unfortunately, negative amounts are NOT enclosed by double quotes in the CSV file, instead the are enclosed with parenthesis signs. Example: "10,485.16","24",(42),"16.35",(835.33) Currently, when I import the CSV file, the negative amounts are NOT imported. I need assistance with how to import these negative amounts. Thanks in advance. "ND Pard" <NDPard@discussions....

need help writing function
Column A has Days of the week listed for the entire month Column B has data listed for days of the week Want formula to count data in column B if it equals a certain day of the week like if sunday then count all data listed for sundays in column B "a" "B" Sunday 21 Monday 15 Tuesday 28 Sunday 14 Monday 10 Tuesday 12 sunday=35 Monday=25 Tuesday=40 Hi, Let's assume th...

Sum of Numbers appear as zero- Please help
Please help! I have a spreadsheet that adds up sales projects for each of our territories into a total company. When I went back to verify the calculations, I realized that zeros were appearing in some of the calculations. It appears that the column format was set to text. I've tried to change it to general or number but nothing works unless I retype everything. Is there something else I can do? Example: Group 1: =sum(A1:A2)=0 [Should be 700] Product 1: 200 Product 2: 500 Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Tina Hi Tina - Put the number 1 in a blank cell (that is form...

Req: Formula Array.....
Hi all, Have an XLS and trying to generate stats from it. On one Worksheet I would like to break up stats in the following manne (for example).. Code ------------------- Ongoing Closed July Client Praises ?? ?? Complaints ?? ?? Vendor Praises ?? ?? Complaints ?? ?? Partner Praises ?? ?? Complaints ?? ?? The data contained on another Worksheet is in the following format: Col#01 - Date (Format: `dd - mmm - yy`) Col#02 - T...

Please help and visit my site
http://www.requestforhelp.org Thankyou Sian ...

Formula Help 01-04-10
I am trying to do the following and can't figure out the formula. I have cells across a column that have one of the following numbers: 0,1,2,3,4. I want to get the number of cells that have a 1 or a 2. For example, lets say A3 is a 1, C3 is a 3, E3 is a 4 and G3 is 2. I want the forumala to give me 2 (1 in A3 and 2 in G3). I am sure it is fairly simple, but I can't figure it out. Thanks Try: =COUNTIF(A3:Z3,1)+COUNTIF(A3:Z3,2) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Casey" wrote: > I am trying to do the following and can't figure out t...

Conditional Formatting Formula
I have a spreadsheet that I check for valid data. I have created an add-in workbook that has the valid data (named ranges) which is updated from an Access database query. On the spreadsheet I am checking for valid data, I created a named reference to the named ranges in the add-in workbook so I can use conditional formatting to flag invalid data with a red background. This works perfectly for account numbers, security numbers, and the like, but when it comes to text entries such as usernames, it flags it as red whether the data is valid or not. I use VBA code from the add-in workbook e...

Need some help with excel spreadsheet...
I'm running excel 2003 on a winxp pro machine. I have a spreadsheet with the following information. Cust Number, Cust Name, Inv Num, Inv Date, Description, Amount There are many invocices per customer number. The date appears as 1YYMMDD. There are a couple of things I would like to Change. I want to change the date to MMDDYY format. I want to add the amount on the invoices and have the following per customer numnber: Cust Number, Cust Name and a Total amount from the invoice amount. Instead of having one 5 lines for 5 invoices for 1 customer number I want to have 1 customer number an a ...

Encrypted Key For Signing Help
I've opened an old VB project that I've not touched in nearly a year and when I go to build, it says this: IMPORT KEY FILE - THIS PROJECT INCLUDES A PASSWORD-ENCRYPTED KEY USED FOR SIGNING. How do I remove or recover the Password? Thanks! Brian "Brian" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:314B657C-F24E-4BED-8128-F77A7079ED9D@microsoft.com... > I've opened an old VB project that I've not touched in nearly a year and > when I go to build, it says this: > > IMPORT KEY FILE - THIS PROJECT INCLUDES A PASSWORD-ENCRYPTED KEY US...

hide formulas
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, I have a spreadsheet that has quite a few formulas that I want to function BUT hide--so that when one clicks on the cells where the formula is, the formula itself does not show. How can I achieve that? You can select the whole sheet, do format>protection and deselect locked, then you select the cells with the formulas (F5, special>formulas enter), then repeat but select hidden. Then finally you protect the sheet under tools>protection. That way only the result of the formula is showing and you can still select and edit other cells -- Regards, ...

financial formula
I need some equation help... This is correct.... SP = Sell Price C = Cost GP = Gross Profit GPP = Gross Profit Percentage SP = 109 C = 77 GP = 32 GPP = 29% (SP - C) / SP = GPP (109 - 77) / 109 = 29% ....now, suppose you know the cost and GPP. How do I find SP? (x - 77) / x = 29% How do I get x= ????? My algebra days are long gone and never did like financials. thanks > (SP - C) / SP = GPP > How do I find SP? Hi. SP = C/(1 - GPP) -- HTH :>) Dana DeLouis Windows XP & Office 2007 "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23z7gTgubHHA.20...

SumProduct 04-23-10
Hi All, Is there a way to look at a date and only use the month in the criteria. I was trying to use the code below Thanks for any help =SUMPRODUCT((tblProcessorActivity!B1:B30000="CG")*(MONTH(tblProcessorActivity!C1:C30000)=MONTH(MAX(tblProcessorActivity!C:C)))*(tblProcessorActivity!N1:N30000=4),tblProcessorActivity!D1:D30000) That looks like it should work to me. What happens when you tried it? Did you get a #Value! error? If yes, then look to see if you have some text in C1:C30000 in that tblprocessoractivity worksheet. =month() won't work with text...

Please help...writing to XML file
I have looked in all my books and online and can't find a way to make this rather simple task work. Could someone please review the code and see what errors I've made? Thanks!!!!!! I have an aspx for with a textbox and a button. The goal is to simply have the user type a message, hit the button and it should append to the XML file. I can open the aspx in the browser with no problem, but the XML file does not get updated. What's wrong with this code? Thanks! <script runat="server"> Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.Event...

Help required to create a Chart at Runtime and export it to a web page
Hey Friends I am trying to export some values to a excel sheet and then create a Graph for the values. I tried to create a excel template and then export values to it but if i use a chart in the excel template then i have to define the range but the range is known after the data has been exported. Can someone please help me for creating graph at runtime in excel. Moreover when i save the excel sheet as webpage the page is saved with blank entries as well. So number of pages to print out becomes 3 instead of actual number of pages. but i want only actual number of pages to print out and ign...

strange characters appearing on emails need help to stop this happening please
I have set up my outlook express on my lap top. (vista home premium) had a problem with the coding changing seemed to fix that but am now getting this at the bottom of sent emails, any ideas what I should do please? Oh, and I am an OAP and need very simple instructions please, I can be a bit of a thicko. &#20540;&#15422;&#21064;&#15422;&#20527;&#15422;&#15952;&#3338;&#17212;&#20037;&#17748;&#15954;&#18748;&#18253;&#21280;&#17234;&#8765;&#18755;&#14916;&#14459;&#16948;&#13105;&#17477;&#...