Help with formula #10

Is there a way to count how many days a specific number
has been entered. Example:
Column A      Column B
Part Number   Date
12345        3-Oct-4
12345        3-Oct-4
99999        3-Oct-4
12345        7-Oct-4
99999        8-Oct-4
For part number 12345 answer would be from todays date to
7-Oct-4
0
rlstyers (11)

I think you could use:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"12345")

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)
10/3/2004 11:16:46 PM
Hi, Jason:

With the data he showed, do you suppose he wants to count Oct 3 twice? If not,
COUNTIF won't fill the bill.

I'm not sure *what* he wants. He talks about "from today's date to Oct 7". I
don't know what that has to do with it. Does he want the earliest data that's
>= today and the latest date?

Myrna Larson

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 16:16:46 -0700, "Jason Morin" <jason.morin@us.exel.com>
wrote:

>I think you could use:
>
>=COUNTIF(A:A,"12345")
>
>HTH
>Jason
>Atlanta, GA

0
anonymous (74722)
10/3/2004 11:41:22 PM
Part Number 12345 from October 3rd. thur October 7th,
would be 5 days.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/4/2004 7:23:01 PM
This array formula may work:

  =MAX(IF(A1:A5=12345,B1:B5))-MIN(IF(A1:A5=12345,B1:B5,100000))+1

Enter this with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

100000 represents a date sometime in the year 2173. I hope that's high enough.
Or, instead of the literal, you could substitute something like TODAY()+1000,
which would be ~3 years into the future.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:23:01 -0700, "Richard"

>Part Number 12345 from October 3rd. thur October 7th,
>would be 5 days.

0
anonymous (74722)

Conditional formula 05-12-10
trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: if a2 > 6, then e2 = 0 if a2 = 6, then e2 = 1 if a2 = 5, then e2 = 2 if a2 = 4, then e2 = 3 if a2 = 3, then e2 =5 this is for a golf scoring system. a2 values are hole scores and results are "handicap" point scores. Any help greatly appreciated Try this: =3DIF(A2>6,0,IF(A2<=3D3,5,7-A2)) Hope this helps. Pete On May 12, 4:14=A0pm, desmond1412 <desmond1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: > if a2 > ...

IF Function Help
How do I write a command that says: =if(a1=1&b1=a number, c1/d1,"na") How do I write the "a number" part? Hi Flutie99 Try: =IF(A1=1,IF(ISNUMBER(B1)=TRUE,C1/D1,"na")) -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Flutie99" wrote: > How do I write a command that says: > > =if(a1=1&b1=a number, c1/d1,"na") > > How do I write the "a number" part? If I am reading your post correctly you want a cell to equal C1/D1 when A1=1 and B1= some some number and for the cell to = "na" otherwise =if(and(A1=1,B1=xx),C1/D1,&...

Publisher documents do not print. Help!
I just set up a new computer with an HP Deskjet 5440 and Microsoft Publisher 2003. Documents print perfectly from every software package except Publisher. Publisher documents don't print at all, even after I reinstalled the printer drivers. The entire document or just the pictures? If it is just the pictures, click the advanced print settings button in the print dialogue, graphics and fonts tab. Be sure "Do not print any graphics" is checked. Look on the HP site to be certain you have the most current driver. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us...

Worksheet Problem 01-04-10
So I have a couple of issues. I go to open up a file today and try to unhide two worksheets that were hidden, and they are gone. I can still see them in VBA, but cannot open them and they are not visible at all in excel. I also am having trouble inserting a new worksheet. All the options are they, but I am not able to select insert. Any help would be appreciated. CHeck to see if workbook protection is activated. That would prevent you from being able to add new sheets (or unhide). Also, in VBE, check to see if the missing sheets have a visible status of "xlSheetVe...

Help in my VB Code .. to Delete
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C34629.B378D5B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi,=20 I have been trying to solve this problem since morning, and haven't = really come up with a solution. it is frustrating. please help. =20 i have a datagrid and got a delete column =20 <asp:datagrid id=3D"dgdocument" runat=3D"server" = AutoGenerateColumns=3D"False" EnableViewState=3D"True" = OnDeleteCommand=3D"DeleteCommand"> <Columns&...

Import 10-03-03
I am having a problem importing leads. I have a simple lead file: Topic, Fname, & Lname. it is a CSV file. When I try to import, I get a system error in IE. I've imported leads before without a problem. The only thing that has changed is the addtion of 1 custom field in the lead form. I don't have access to customersource because we got the software for free at a seminar on CRM. Any help would be appreciated. kevin@ecomppo.com what is the error kevin? also when you added the custom field to the form etc i assume you published the change through deployment manager and res...

HELP: Need To Print Better Quotes
I am having a terrible time being able to print a good looking quote from MS CRM. it either prints the plain quote (Address, amount..etc) or i can print the product list (With no address, or nothing).. is there anyway to print a normal quote as others do where you can have the company informaiton and also all of the products that they are buying listed there? one would think that is the most basic feature that is not there.. don't you guys think? ANY help you can provide will be appreciated.. Thanks Quoteless In DC :-) Add a customized quote via Reports using Crystal. >-----Origin...

Help please with junk e-mails
I have set up outlook 2000 to send unwanted mails to a folder names Junk e mails, I have copied below part of the outlook 2000 help file, can anyone tell me exactly where I can find add in filters as I cannot find them anywhere. You can also filter messages based on a list of e-mail addresses of junk and adult content senders. There are third party filters, which are regularly updated, that you can add to Outlook. These filters have the latest lists of commercial and adult content senders. For more information, see the Outlook Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/outlook. Thanks in advan...

Strange behavior when copying formula.
Hi, Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to show the summation of the first two rows' number in the third row. I use the summation function to get the first result. Then, I copy and paste the result to the other two, but they show the same results as the first one. I check the formula of all three results, and they are all correct and referring to the right cells. Why is that? 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 2 2 Leo Do you have Tools/Options/Calculation set to Manual? If so, click the Automatic button. In article <eE#EeXFhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Leo Leon...

Corrupt money data file
I've posted this on the Money UK site but with no reaction ; I wonder if I can reach a larger audience on here - I'm desperate to sort this out, thanks. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On running Money, I received a message "Money has encountered a problem and needs to close" - no indication of what the problem was. I couldn't get past the splach screen I found article 836197 in the knowledge base which seems to covers this ; did what it advised, even to the extent of doing an uninstall and re-install, but ...

Help building a filter on a form
Okay, I downloaded the Issue database template and simplified it greatly. Now, I can't get the "search issues" form to work. I have the following controls on my search form: Application (dropdown list) TextSearch (text field) I'd like to modify the existing code so that when I make an entry and click the "search" button, it will make the form footer visible (where the "browse_all_issues" form is imbedded as a subform). That part works. But, the next lines set the filter and turn it on... Me.FormFooter.Visible = True DoCmd.Mo...

All help is worthy
I have set up a simple database in excel, using barcodes (i found this easier to scan and lookup, than access) plus the people working with this will find it simple to use. I have however reached a giant full stop. The database is pulled from Dave Peterson's update log worksheet, which works very well, the problems is that on a lookup sheet( using Vlookup ) where the user scans the barcode it will pull all info from the "database" sheet in reference to the barcode, ie: barcode number, surname,forename,address, early greenfees purchased,mid purchased,late. Is it possible to manipu...

Need help with cursor spacing problem
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3173510125_666133 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello: I�m trying to fill in a form that�s MS Word based. I�m using MS Office X on a Mac G4 with system 10.3.4. When I type, the cursor seems to have an extra space between the last letter and the place where I want to put a new one. In other words, I�m unable to align the cursor exactly where I want it to go. It makes typing almost imposs...

Help Everything is gone. It's all been deleted.
I went on excel last on Dec 5th and I saved before exiting as usual. When I opened the file today everything was gone. There is nothing there. The file it's saved as is still there but it's a new page. I don't know what to do. I need that information. HELP! Are you sure you opened the same workbook? What do you mean by "page"? Excel has pages only when you print. Do you mean a blank worksheet? Are there any other worksheets available or just the one blank one? Did you create a backup of the workbook when you saved? If you "need" the inf...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Version 10 info required
Hi All, Just wanted to know if Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 is out in the market , and is available to the users . Or likely date that it will be launched. Thanks in Advance Asma Version 10 is not yet out in the market. Developers have copies but VARs have not yet been issued demo copies. It is expected that this version will release in June. If you are considering the purchase of Dynamics GP, purchase and install V9. I never recommend new releases until after a few months of run time to work out the kinks. Anyone that purchases now will get the upgrade to 10 as part of their suppor...

Arrears Help Files
Hello all, I don't seem to have the help file for the Arrears transactions. I can't find it on my system don't see a reference to it in the main GP 10 help file. We have GP 10 SP 4. I looked in KB see no reference to that particular problem anywhere. TIA Anyone? On Feb 10, 8:12=A0am, Brian <nixtoo...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, I don't seem to have the help file for the Arrears > transactions. =A0I can't find it on my system don't see a reference to it > in the main GP 10 help file. =A0We have GP 10 SP 4. =A0I looked in KB see= no...

Send and receive 09-08-10
Where can I find the 'send and receive' button in Vista and WLM. If you see a Sync button on the toolbar, that is the replacement for = Send & Receive. However, the latest beta version went back to Send & Receive. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "searcher" wrote in message news:i68nco$lpa$1@speranza.aioe.org... Where can I find the 'send and receive' button in Vista and WLM.=20 Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A...

NEED HELP!!!!!! CRM 3.0 Outlook Client error
I have two users with problem. They frequently are getting asked for their credentials when accessing CRM via their Outlook. The options are not set to have them prompt for their credentials. If when you supply the system with valid credentials, the system again another 5-7 times before throwing an error or let you in. But if the system lets you in, it will ask again when you try to navigate somewhere else. I have added the CRM url to the Intranet sites and have the option to automatically logon for Intranet sites in IE7. Both users are the new version for CRM 3.0 that is com...

Thanks for the HELP
Thanks for the response. Working perfectly! -- Cheryl Do take a moment to re-post your feedback to the responder *in* your thread. It's more meaningful that way. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- ...

Formula Help #54
What would be a good formula to use in this situation? If you have in column A: 50010 Apples 50020 Bananas Subtotal 50110 Carrots 50120 Lettuce Subtotal In column B I have numbers 6 5 11 4 5 9 If I then get revised numbers without the description, lets say in column C and D respectively: 50010 10 50020 20 50030 30 50040 40 How can I create a formula in column B that takes the revised 50010 figure and moves it into column B replacing the old figure of 6 with 10 without doing it manually because I am looking at a much larger scale. Thanks for your help. -- billy2wil...

Calculation help
Need some help please. Excel spreadsheet.. Cell A1 has 100 in it Cell B1 has 12 in it Need to figure out a way of adding A1 + B1 and putting the resultin figure into cell A1, and deleting the contents of B1. Hope you can help me on this. Many Thanks Radio Operator :confused -- radio operato ----------------------------------------------------------------------- radio operator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2768 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47197 On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:58:52 -0500, radio operator &l...

Help with complex table lookup
I have a ranged defined in a spreadsheet that consists of a bunch of values. Some of the cells in the range may be empty. I also have 4 hidden lookup tables at the bottom of my spreadsheet. Using these 4 lookup tables, I know how to use the vector form of the LOOKUP function to determine the following individually: - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "route" (lookup from table 1) - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "set" (lookup from table 2) - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "slot" (lookup from t...

Revised formula question
I guess I haven't explained my first questions very well. The answer will vary depending on what amount the formula is being calculated against. The answer will not always be same. I need to have a formula that calculates commission on the first $1500 and not any additional money on anything over $1500. So if a person raises $1300. The percentage is .034 - the commission would be $44.20. If a person raises 1500. the percentage is still .034 the commission would be $51.00. If the person raises 1600, the percentage is .034 for the first $1500 and the commission is still $51.00 because he...

*Keeping* multiple CToolbars docked in a single row during window resize
I have an MDI app with several toolbars docked in a single row (using DockControlBarLeftOf etc.) I am trying to prevent the rightmost toolbars from repositioning beneath the other toolbars in the same row as the main window frame is resized. Currently each toolbar is automatically repositioned on the left of the screen in order to prevent it going out of view as the window width shrinks. I would like to keep the toolbars as they are initially set; in a single row, during any window sizing operations. I still need to make the toolbars *manually* draggable, floatable and moveable by user mou...

Pivot If functions in formulas
I am trying to use the If function in the formulas area and it never works right, I only want it to sum certain records in a particular date range. I am using excell 2000. ...