Help with dates in drop down menus

Hi everybody. Im not that great with excel (im only 17 and have no nee
to use it) and I'm looking for some help. I was set a task in my IC
class which was to create a spreadsheet that could be used by a trave
agent. So far I've come up with the file I have attached. My teache
says I've gone beyond what I need to do but there were a few things
couldn't work out and they are really bugging me!

Firstly. If I select say September for the month and 30 for the date
when I change the month to february the date will stay as 30 eve
though I have it set so that only dates upto 28 can be selected.

Also. I want to make it so that if you select a cetain hotel th
destination and number of stars will automatically be filled as well a
adjusting the spreadsheet so that if you select say 3 stars for th
hotel type only destinations with 3 stars will be selectable as well a
only the 3 star hotels.

For some of that I don't have the data organised properly in some o
the sheets but any pointers would be grealy apriciated!

Thanks.

Gle

|Filename: Holidays.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2675

sir_gle
sir_glen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1476
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26394

most people around here are not too keen on opening attachments, wit
good reason.

its always sapient to provide the layout of the data and details i
verbose mode. you would get help faster that way

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458

sapient (s�p�-ent) adjective
Having great wisdom and discernment.

(Now I can agree <bg>.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

sir_glen wrote:

> Hi everybody. Im not that great with excel (im only 17 and have no need
> to use it) and I'm looking for some help. I was set a task in my ICT
> class which was to create a spreadsheet that could be used by a travel
> agent. So far I've come up with the file I have attached. My teacher
> says I've gone beyond what I need to do but there were a few things I
> couldn't work out and they are really bugging me!
>
> Firstly. If I select say September for the month and 30 for the date,
> when I change the month to february the date will stay as 30 even
> though I have it set so that only dates upto 28 can be selected.
>
> Also. I want to make it so that if you select a cetain hotel the
> destination and number of stars will automatically be filled as well as
> adjusting the spreadsheet so that if you select say 3 stars for the
> hotel type only destinations with 3 stars will be selectable as well as
> only the 3 star hotels.
>
> For some of that I don't have the data organised properly in some of
> the sheets but any pointers would be grealy apriciated!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Glen

> |Filename: Holidays.zip                                             |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2675     |

> sir_glen
> sir_glen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14768
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263940

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Help with SQL (Access2007)
Hello. I am trying to integrate data from several sites into 1 (new) table. In order to distinguish the data from each site in the new table I have a field (InstID) which holds the Instution number of the site. The fields from the old site tables and the new table are identical except for the InstID. InstID and ClientID are Primary Keys. The path to the old table is asked, then the number for the InstID is asked and placed as a variable - varInstID. I have an append sql as follows: Private Sub UpdateDB_Click() ' populate the clients table strSql = "INSERT INTO tblClients ( In...

forecast function help
This might seem a bit newbie but im having trouble with the forecas function. Say for example i have a collection of data for sales of each item ove a number of years: item 2000 2001 2002 2003 1 3 4 5 2 4 3 2 3 2 2 4 4 3 1 5 5 4 1 6 6 2 2 4 i am asked to forcast the values for the year 2003. I have read an looked at many examples on how to do this and still can't work ou where to start? Any help would ...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

Hand entered dates view wrong
A user I support is having an issue with a worksheet in Excel. It is not an urgent or crucial fix, but I am interested in people's ideas, since she says it has happened to her before. In each case she threw away the worksheet and started a new one by hand entering the data again. Here's the scenario: She has a worksheet in which she has been adding rows of data over time (6 months or so) and has only about 30 rows of data. Column A are dates, and are formatted as such. After months of opening and saving in this document once a week or so, she now has an issue - when she types...

Customer Address Help
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to run a customer report that invluced the customers address, city, state, and zip in it. I am not very familiar with crystal reports, so if there is another way that would be awesome. Thanks, -Bill H On CustomerSource there is a section called the "Report Library"- I think it's under downloads. In the RMS Report Library MS has provided several new or modified reports, including one with customer address. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:40:10 -0700, Bill H <bill@platinumpools.com> wrote: > Hi, I was wondering if anybody k...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Drop down menu #2
Is is possible when you have a drop down menu, to have excel short list the menu as you type in more charcaters of the text. For example a have a list of several hundred customers. I start inputting the first few letters of the customers name, I would like that list of several hundred to be shortened to only include thaise customers that begin with the letters I have typed in. Thanks Think this previous post by Debra Dalgleish would be of help: "Although data validation doesn't support autocomplete, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can se...

How do make a line correspond to date
I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) date line that corresponds to today's date. -- DMM http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com... >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) >date > line that corresponds to today's...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

unable to load help topic
Using Money 2004 deluxe. Asking for help I get "unable to load topic" try again. No help, same responce. I went to MS Knowledge base article 812755. Which says 'clear the cache' Which I did. No help, still 'unable to load topic' Tried asking a 'Microsoft pro', could not get a screen to ask my question. Any suggestions? I cleared both MS IE and my default browser, and tried again, still no help. Seems like I should be able to get 'HELP' I even reloaded the Money program, still no HELP. Thanks for any 'HELP" Walt In microsoft.public.money...

Date/Time Modified
Hello, My Access Database consists of many tables. The Query attached to my main Client Information Form is made up of 4 tables. -Client Table -Account Table -Batch No Table -Advisor Table Basically, I want to be able to insert a Date/Time Modified record at the top of my main form that will show a data modified if any record is changed/updated in any of these tables. Is this possible? Thank you, Mellissa -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

Massive Report: Have you ever done this? Help Please
Hi, I am compiling the results of a survey in ACC2003 as a paper appendix. I have about 60 report objects which are about 2 to 4 pages of text each. I have about 60 Pivot Charts and tables as separate form objects. I want to have one report which has the charts and tables and text in it since this would be easy to layout and the page numbering would flow right through. Is this the correct way to do it? I have made a start and the first few pages are fine with charts and tables. However, Access seems to have space restrictions on the height of a report group? When I increase the ...

Date Range #2
Hi, Can someone please assist me with the following issue: I am currently using the formula noted below to direct another application ( Bloomberg ) to select prices from the previous 6th business day. My question is> Is there any way to revise the formula to exclude US holidays for successive years (i.e. for 2005, 2006...) without having to manually change the date entries each year, in the formula? =WORKDAY(Today(),-6, {"5/31/04","7/5/04","9/6/04","11/25/04","12/25/04","1/1/05" }) Thank you I'd recommend listing...

SMTP Help!!!
I have a customer with a new Exchange 2003 server Single AD domain on one server DNS server local and seems to be working correctly Cable internet through Comcast Had been receiving 2012 and 2013 app log events Increased the DNSErrorsBeforeFailover as suggested in a knowledgebase article 2012 & 2013 Errors have stop but replaced with 4006 events No mail flow inbound or outbound for past 2 days!! SMTP appears busted, cannot telnet in or out on Port 25 even though firewall has port forwarding on that port Switched firewalls with same result Noticed periodic Back Orifice attack attem...

sorting by date
I have a sheet with date amount description 12.12.06 5.00 PLUMBER 04.02.01 50.00 ELECTRICIAN ETC How can I sort into date order. When I try I get all the 2001, 2006, 2005 together but not 2001, 2002, 2003,2004 Cananyone help please Is 12.12.06 text or a date value? In a blank cell, enter ISTEXT(A1) where A1 is a cell reference to this date. True means it is text and 03.01.07 will come before 12.12.06. You can set up a helper cell, enter =DATE(RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2), MID(A1,4,2)) where I'm assuming 12.12.06 is month/day/year. The parameters...

Macro Error, annoying plz help?
Hi, new to this board and kinda new to Excel as well. I created an excell file which includes various (difficult) calculations. And it's all finished and ready for distribution :P Cept for 2 minor things which i can't seem 2 fix. The most important one is this Macro Error which keeps popping up when you open the file. (I included a combo-box form, i think it's gotta do with that). Because if u pick something from that list (combo box) the error pops up again, very annoying of course. There is one way to prevent this as far as i could see and that was by setting macro security low....

Basic Worksheet Help
I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? These are Excel groups -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS web: www.nickhodge.co.uk blog (non-tech): www.nickhodge.co.uk/blog/ <Hollins3@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1180278623.923893.261800@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? > Hollins3@googlemail.com wrote: > I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? > Easy workaround:...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
My main form has two different date fields on it. One date field needs to be re-certified every 6 months, and the other field needs to be re-certified every 12 months. I would like each of those fields to automatically change color depending on how much time as elapsed since that training. For the 6 month field, months 1-5 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow and anything expired should be red. For the 12 month field, months 1-11 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow, and anything expired should be red. Thank you in advance for your help! messingerjc wrote...

Help!!! Migration Problem!
Morning Guys, We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition). DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003 DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003 Migration from DomainA.lab to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external, 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History attribute which is correct Problem: Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA, but still no luck. Any su...

Macro to update information if date changes
using Exel 2000.. I want excel to compare dates on two seperate worksheets and if the date on the first is greater than the second to insert rows and than copy cells on the second to different cells also on the second page. ie..main sheet date is 11-05-08 compared to sheet2 date is 11-04-08...insert cells at a21:d21 and shift cells down (on sheet2) then copy cells b13:h13 to a21:b21 The description seems a bit inconsistent, but here is a shot With Worksheets("Main Sheet") If .Range("A1").Value > Worksheets("Second Sheet").Range("A1&q...

Drop down list 03-27-10
Hello, Im trying to create a linked multiple drop down list in excel and im not sure if it can be done, such as in the first list of pipe diameter, second list wall thickness, pipe outer diameter, third list circumference and so on. when the an item from the first list is selected, the following lists are to show the specific value based upon the first selection. help would very much appreciated, thank you I think that www.contextures.com has some assistance to offer. Look at this first: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html and if that's not exactly what you need...

Need help with code...
I have a problem. I have a drop down combo box called "Query status" with two options: "outstanding" and "completed". The record can't be changed to "completed" until certain other fields have ALL been entered but there is an extra complication. One other combo box can be either "other" or "invoice". Two extra fields need to be entered if this combo is "invoice" otherwise they aren't mandatory. In full this is the code I currently have in the "after update" event of each field: If Me.Qry_QryType =...

Help
The deal: On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. S...