Help with date formating when export to Word

My reginal setting (PT-Portugal) in Windows for "date" is: dd/mm/yyyy,
instead of US normal setting of mm/dd/yyyy.

In Excel, dates appear OK, like my regional settings (ie: dd/mm/yyyy).

However, if I do a mailmerge into Word, using the sourcedata from excel, the
date comes like US setting (mm/dd/yyyy), which is no usefuk for me.

How can I solve this problem ???

Tks in advance for any help.
0
a0relento (3)

Try the options here:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/merge_field_formatting_in_microsoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"a0relento" <a0relento@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My reginal setting (PT-Portugal) in Windows for "date" is: dd/mm/yyyy,
> instead of US normal setting of mm/dd/yyyy.
>
> In Excel, dates appear OK, like my regional settings (ie: dd/mm/yyyy).
>
> However, if I do a mailmerge into Word, using the sourcedata from excel,
> the
> date comes like US setting (mm/dd/yyyy), which is no usefuk for me.
>
> How can I solve this problem ???
>
> Tks in advance for any help.

0
ng1 (1444)
10/15/2005 11:26:44 PM
You probably should have asked that in a Word newsgroup but you can use
switches in word to format

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"a0relento" <a0relento@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My reginal setting (PT-Portugal) in Windows for "date" is: dd/mm/yyyy,
> instead of US normal setting of mm/dd/yyyy.
>
> In Excel, dates appear OK, like my regional settings (ie: dd/mm/yyyy).
>
> However, if I do a mailmerge into Word, using the sourcedata from excel,
> the
> date comes like US setting (mm/dd/yyyy), which is no usefuk for me.
>
> How can I solve this problem ???
>
> Tks in advance for any help.

0
terre081 (3244)
10/15/2005 11:33:38 PM
Dear Anne,
Tks for yr help.
The solution for me was not completely OK (the date came out like
"dd/00/yyyy" - ie: zeros in place of mm).
But I was able to find solution formatting field in word as "MM".
Tks again.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

> Try the options here:
> http://www.officearticles.com/word/merge_field_formatting_in_microsoft_word.htm
> ************
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>
> "a0relento" <a0relento@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My reginal setting (PT-Portugal) in Windows for "date" is: dd/mm/yyyy,
> > instead of US normal setting of mm/dd/yyyy.
> >
> > In Excel, dates appear OK, like my regional settings (ie: dd/mm/yyyy).
> >
> > However, if I do a mailmerge into Word, using the sourcedata from excel,
> > the
> > date comes like US setting (mm/dd/yyyy), which is no usefuk for me.
> >
> > How can I solve this problem ???
> >
> > Tks in advance for any help.

0
a0relento (3)

Four Conditional Formats?
Dear all, I am attempting to set up a template for someone else to use on another machine, and wish conditional format a cell such that it has four potential formats. The first is based on an adjacent cell value, and if this is met, then it is colour 1. The remaining three, are all AND statements involving the first cell and another cell value being less than date A, less than date B or less than date C. Is this possible to do? I have limited VB knowledge, and am wary of using add-ins as the people I am sending this to to use have limited excel knowledge. Regards, Steve -- stevepain -...

Restoring Exchange Data
HI. I experienced a crash with my Windows 2000 server which is the Global Catalog and dns server. Anyhow in my infinite wisdom I decided to do soemthing with the exchange server and in the meantime - it blew any active directory info which had replicated to the exchange server. The Exchange server was a part of the domain with AD installed, etc. The exch. server is a running windows 2003 server w/ exch. server 2003. Fast forward...I rebuilt the Windows 2000 server and its backup. I also rebuilt the Exchange Server...not completely knowing how to proceed....I installed w2k3 with all ...

Help with an IIF expression
My database is similar to a checkbook register and contains the following fields: Amount Combo box with the expense categories of Housing, Medical, Personal I have a report that gives me a monthly total for each of these categories and a grand total of all categories for the month. However, I need help in calculating a monthly total for Medical and Personal combined. Please help me with the expression. I want to add a text box to my report to show the results of this expression. Thank you! You can create a hard-coded expression like: =Sum(Abs([ExpCat] IN ("Medi...

Crystal Reports help
We are currently using GP 8.0 and Crystal Reports 10. We will be running most of our reports through Crystal because you can do so much more than with the Report Writer. I am looking for a good reference book for Crystal 10 (this is the first version I have ever used) any suggestions? You can get books on Crystal 10 in any large bookseller. One thing you won't get is how to use Crystal with Great Plains. There was some training materials available. You will want to consult the Great Plains SDK for help on the tables to use. JO wrote: > We are currently using GP 8.0 and Crystal R...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, Whenever I vote using voting buttons, Email body gets deleted when the voting response is sent. So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay when I receive the voting responses. Thanks in advance. ...

Import data not in correct format
Import data reads: Need to do statistical anaysis on hundreds of numbers and Cell value # of Cells don't want to enter the numbers by hand. 3 1 4 2 Would like: Cell Value 3 4 4 ...

formatting #2
Is the strikethrough formatting option no longer available in Publisher? Or if you need to use a strikethrough do you have to draw a line through the text? The line does not always stay in the same spot when you group and then have to paste on another page. Waggie wrote: > Is the strikethrough formatting option no longer available in > Publisher? Or if you need to use a strikethrough do you have to draw > a line through the text? The line does not always stay in the same > spot when you group and then have to paste on another page. ========================== You have the an...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

Very Rusty Former Beginner/Intermediate Access Guy Needs a Little Help
I'm using Access 2002 to create a database for a small opera company that my wife is involved in, and I'm more than a bit rusty because I haven't created a new Access database since about 1999. So, I will probably have quite a few questions as I go through this, and hopefully this group will help me out. I will be creating this database for someone else to enter the data. I have a patron table with name, address, email, etc., and I want to add a form to enter donations from patrons into a donation table. All I need in this form is last name, first name, date, and amount....

Copying specific data from Word to Excel
What I need to do is 1) Extract the monetary amount (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters BPR. 2) Extract the number (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters TRN. 3) Place the numbers in the same row on an Excel spreadsheet. 4) Repeat to the end of the document. Sample data BPR*I*925.79*C*ACH*CCP*01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx**01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*20091126~TRN*1*999999999*xxxxxxxxxxxx The file I need to extract from is always text. Is this better done from a Word macro or an Excel macro. Or can it be done at al...

Drag and drop help
I am trying to get drag and drop working between a few windows in my application. I can get the dragging started, but can't get away from the 'no-entry' mouse cursor. I have read through the MSDN and I have done the following in a CTreeView derived class called TreeCtrlArtifacts: void TreeCtrlArtifacts::OnTvnBegindrag(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { LPNMTREEVIEW pNMTreeView = reinterpret_cast<LPNMTREEVIEW>(pNMHDR); // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CUIntArray arrayOfSelected; arrayOfSelected.Add(0); CMainFrame *main = (CMainFrame*) AfxGetMa...

need basic help setting up a graph
Hello, I am trying to set up a chart of days and times. The X- axis shoul have the days of the week (mon, tues, etc) and the Y - axis should hav various times of the day. I would like to have a line from on specific time on one day to another specific time on the next. So, point would be monday at 10:00 and the next would be tuesday at 1:00 followed by wednesday at 12:00, etc. Any suggestions?? Thanks fo your help Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi David, See my attachment. Is that the situation you explained? I use formula =IF(B2<0.5,B2+1,B2) in column ...

Help, how do I get an exe file with outlook 2002.
is there a way to turn off the GD stupid F#@$ing level one interecept "feature" in outlook? I am so angry with this stupid program@! I need to download an exe file and cannot with this software! Maybe if you washed your mouth out with soap, someone would be willing to help you. This is a technical forum -- not a place for ranting fools. "Sean" <sean@pointblankinc.com> wrote in message news:5a8001c42d8f$52c08b20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to turn off the GD stupid F#@$ing level > one interecept "feature" in outlook? > > I am so angr...

Error 0x80040216 when trying to export customization
Hi, Does anyone has any idea what is causing 0x80040216 xml error when trying to export customization? Thank you in advance. ...

Need PO Generator Replenishment Level Help
I=92m confused as to exactly how the Replenishment Level works. On the Purchase Order Generator Item Maintenance screen you can select a Replenishment Level. There are 3 choices: Order Point Qty, Order Up- To Level and Vendor EOQ (if Order Method is set to Independent Site). Online help states: Order Point Qty Enter the quantity this item should be reordered at to maintain your desired stock, including a safety stock quantity. This quantity is used to calculate the quantity to reorder when you print the Purchase Advice Report. For example, if the reorder level is 10, and there are eight in...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Exporting just an address book?
I am wondering if there is a way to export just a address book and not the whole .pst folder. Any hints would be appreciated... I am running on a Domain so I dont have a Exchange Server on site. Thanks, ...

How do I get the data/xml/export option
My export option is disabled under data/xml tab. What is the exact feature I need to install to get this export xml option. I didn't install all the option during excel installation. Which specific install tab are required during excel installation? thanks Nick One way would be to do a web query, first preformat the cells as text, then do the query (data>import external data>new web query), put in the web site address, select the part you want to import, under properties select preserve cell formatting and do the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pleas...

2003 format in 2007?
I'm used to Outlook 2003, but I just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007. I view a week at a time, and I prefer the calendar format in 2003 -- it shows the whole week in two columns and I didn't have to scroll. Is there a way I can use the same format in 2007? No, unfortunately that view had to be removed to enabled calendar overlay. Try a two week view: http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dai...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

Help Sendobjest
I am hopping some one can help me I have an application in Access 2000 which has been running on XP and XP professional for a very long time every morning this application creates a list of reminders it then creates an E-Mail for each reminder and with a loop it sends all the e-mails one at a time the code is DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatTXT, StrFullAddress, , , strMailSubject, strMailMsg, False All of a sudden a couple of months ago I noticed that it was sending the first mail ok with the usual out look message and then it just looped through the rest but did not send...

Please Help: Toolbars in DLL Dialog
Hello, Creating toolbars in an EXE app is a relative piece of cake. However, I am trying to insert a toolbar into a DLL dialog. This is how my DLL dialog works: 1) Contents of a function exporting a dialog AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); CSvg* dlg; try { dlg = new CSvg(); dlg->Create(IDD_MAIN_FRAME); dlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); } catch (CSvg *dlg) { dlg->PostNcDestroy(); delete dlg; } 2) Use a function in my Dialog class to insert a toolbar: int CSvg::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CDialog::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -...

how do i type words in a circle
I am trying to type very bold (72 pt) in a circle any help??? From the left select Word Art. It is a red W with a blue A on the icon. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "nancy@sb" <nancy@sb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AF648BB-EB1F-43FB-B0B4-4C8D69656586@microsoft.com... >I am trying to type very bold (72 pt) in a circle > any help??? Hey Don, the WordArt icon is a slanted blue W in 2003 & 07. It will be the same on the 2010 ribbon. I have a WordArt circle on my web page. Scroll way down. http://msauer.mvps....