Help with Date format

I want to enter dates into a worksheet like this:
January 25, 2001

And i want to get excel to display the date with the following format:
1/25/01
 I have tried using a date format from the format menu but it wont display
the date like i want! It will only display the date as I typed it in.

Thanks to anyone who can help. :)
0
davidian (3)

It appears you're typing the date into a cell formatted
as something other than General.

1. Delete the current contents of the cell.
2. Format > Cell > Number tab. Choose a date format.
3. Now key in the date into the cell.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)

Bar chart help wanted
Hello to everybody ! I have this kind of data: TIME VALUE 0:00:00 0 0:00:34 1 0:00:35 1 0:01:00 0 0:01:30 0 0:01:33 1 0:01:55 1 0:01:59 0 0:02:00 0 0:02:10 1 0:02:15 1 0:03:00 0 0:03:05 0 0:03:07 1 0:03:55 1 0:08:00 0 and I need to create bar chart that would have a bar of the hight equal to 1 at each time value where the "value" in table (Y-axis) equals one (and also between "one"s values). In all other time values the Y value is zero ! Excel bar chart seems to omit all values that are not in the dataset ! I need to include also those time values that are not expli...

Pivot table help #11
I needed help with a Pivot table. In the attached excel sheet i am trying to use the Creatiion date (coloum X)as one of the filters in the pivot table. Could someone please guide me as to how i can filter with the Creation date as one of the pivot tables. Thanks Sammy ...

Need help with a query
Let me start by saying that I have very little experience in Access. I've learned what I know by "tinkering" around in it and a lot of the terminology I've seen on these boards is above my head. Here's the background to my question. I created an employee database that consists of one massive form with several tabs and on each tab there are several subforms. The main form was created from the Employee Header table and the subforms were created from queries from tables. The idea is when you open the form, you see an employee's basic info on the top ...

Invalid format message at startup
Excel 2000. When I open it there's a message saying a logo file in Publisher is an invalid file format. I created the file earlier today, in Publisher, but there's no connection to Excel. I checked all the settings and file properties, including book1.xls, I could think of to make sure. The nessage doesn't come up in Word, only Excel. Click it off and it goes away until the next time I open Excel. There are no startup macros or anything I can see that would look for this file. Any ideas much appreciated. The file may be in your XLStart directory; XL opens/attempts to op...

help. outlook 2007. not listing contacts
Hi all, i have a small problem in that some of my contacts are not listed in my contacts, example: in address bar type 'b' get a list of all my 'b' contacts, barbara, ben, bill, etc but none of them appear in my address book, or contacts. only listed if i add them to address bar. My question is: where are they stored cos I want to delete one or more. I think they are addresses i have only replied to and never 'created' but have used for new messages, by just typing the first letter and selecting from there. Help please. Many thanks in advance. Lepak Lepak Nera...

How do I get a chart to only display the dates in my table?
I am trying to graph a large group of data. It is a series of dates (not all consecutive) - with the time it takes to do a task on each of the dates. When I graph it - it fills in all the "missing" dates. For instance lets say a set of data would be: Date: 12-1-08 12-5-08 12-6-08 12-6-08 12-12-08 Time: .5 .34 .93 1.2 .25 On my graph it would put a date for every date between 12-1 and 12-12 even if there is no data. Is there any way to have Excel graph only the dates that have data? Change the axis from t...

Help, Excel Files Being Wiped Out: Data Lost or Corrupted
When I try to open certain Excel files, I get this message: Unable to read file. [OK] Unable to read file. [OK] Errors were detected ... MS was able to open the file by making the repairs below. Save the file to make the repairs permanent. Damage to the file so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulaes and values, but data may have been lost or corrupted. The resulting file is devoid of any formatting, and some formulaes are gone. It's really no use since it takes so much time to reconstruct these files. I've been saving 4 different v...

keep pivotchart formatting
Hi! Is it possible to keep all the formatting in a pivotchart after i refresh the data. Although i check the preserve formatting option, every time i refresh tha data, i loose all the changes i made in the chart, and it allways goes back to the default excel formatting. Thanks You may set the property "HasAutoFormat" to False. The code would be like the following: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").HasAutoFormat = False. Regards. "Pmxgs" <pmxgs@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:newscache$cl5lph$7ai$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt... > Hi! > ...

Help with profiles .pst files and roaming profiles
Hi all and thanks in advance for the future answers; Well, we have a enviromente that goes like this: 1 Domain Controller 1 Mail Server running KERIO MAIL SERVER 2 Terminal Servers running CITRIX PS 4.5 1 Server running the citrix console The problem: We have like 50 users now that connect to servers A or B and have their roaming profile working fine, all files and configs come and go, with the exception of the OUTLOOK profile. When i had to add SERVER B to the system, i had to copy users folders from server A and apply the same permissions one by one, otherwise outlook would not work and ...

Help rank features for future Dynamics GP releases
Each year, we ask customers to give us valuable insight into the enhancement of our products. When you give us your feedback and opinions, you help us refine our software to make it even more customer friendly. Please take a few moments to visit the URL below and complete the Product Advisory Board Survey now. This forum is an important way for us to get your opinion on our products, but this special opportunity is available for a limited time. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/pabs -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. We w...

Outlook formatting problem
suddenly reading my messages in outlook they do not appear anymore, changing the encoding format I can see again some of them, not all. Somebody can help me in understanding why and what should I do to reset the situation as it was a day before when all the inbox messages were ok ? On the contrary attachement are ok. -- paolo ...

How do I convert the format? (Please see msg for details)
I have once sheet with more than 500 blocks of data in this format: --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- comapny1 --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- Website: web1 --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- Location: loca1 --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- How can I convert them to a arranged format like this: --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- COMPANY | WEBSITE | LOCATION ------...

help!!! #2
Can somebody tell me the name and location of the file that holds the address book? I have reinstall the outlook and imported the contacts from a comma delimited file, all of the contacts appear on the contact folder but when I open a new message window and click on the TO: button to add recipients a message saying that the address book could not be found and after that it shows a window asking for the proper list to show in a drop down list; that drop down list says 3 times the word "contacts" and if I select the second then all the contacts would appear but I don't kn...

Office Help and Embeded links
Strange problem on one machine. Help files work, however, like the show all link or any of the other links that show up, clicking on them does nothing. All other machines are working with not problem, just this one. Uninstall/reinstall does not work. It is not the customer feedback problem or the default browser. Any ideas? ...

conditional lock format
I would like to lock a cell if a specific word or words is entered into another cell and unlock it when any other words are entered. For example I have a dropdown list in C3 that has the following items: self, spouse, relative, friend, other. If one enters self or spouse then C4 would be locked. If you enter Relative, Friend or other then C4 would be unlocked. One way: Put this in your worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const csPWORD As String = "drowssap" ...

Text Formatting in Smart Art
How can I override a pre-defined format in Smart Art? I have some text that is hyperlinked, and I do NOT want it to appear in a different color or underline. I cannot seem to modify that text to look the same as that without hyperlinks. "Margie" <Margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6815923-5C1A-4328-881F-E6FA64F6F96D@microsoft.com... > How can I override a pre-defined format in Smart Art? I have some text > that > is hyperlinked, and I do NOT want it to appear in a different color or > underline. I cannot seem to modify that...

Chart display help
How can I have the chart bars display the percentages and the data labels be the raw numbers? Is this possible? Hi, By default bar charts don't display percentages, however, you could create custom data labels by combing a calculation of the percentage with the actual value in another range and the using a program like the free XL Chart Labeler to pick up that range for the data labels. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Suppose the numbers that are your Values are in C2:C10, create a new column by entering the following formula in D2 =C2/SUM(C$2:C$10) Copy this fo...

'Unable to find a link between row format (XXX) and its parent format (YYY)
I keep getting this error message even though I don't have any of the row formats linked. No matter what changes I make, I still get the error. I'm using a very simple tree - 3 detail units rolling up to one summary unit. The report runs just fine when i only have one row format in the tree. As soon as I add another, I get this error. HELP! :) Frank Bump it up. ...

Run-time Error '-2147217900 (80040e140': HELP!!
I receive the above error when I syn my offline database on one machine. Have disabled any firewalls and checked administrative rights. The rest of the error states "SQL Server blocked access to STATEMENT 'openrowset.........." Thanks Open Sql Server Surface Area Configuration, click on Surface Area Configurationi for Features at the bottom of the screen, Check the Enable OPENROWSET and OPENDATASOURCE support box. Then try to sync the database. "Tony" wrote: > I receive the above error when I syn my offline database on one machine. Have > disabled any f...

Formatting problem...
Hi, I need to create a macro which will format F16-F500 as red text on al selected sheets. Thanks in advance. Regards, Mjac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mjack try '----- Public Sub format_cells() Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wkSht.Range("F16:F500").Font.ColorIndex = 3 Next wkSht End Sub '----- Frank > Hi, > > I need to create a macro which will format F16-F500 as red text on all > selected sheets. Thanks in advance. > > Regards, > Mjack For Each sh In ActiveWorkb...

Selection of date range
I have a small table that covers an entire year of sales I need to make a way to select he date range, and sales Agent type and display the pounds purchased for that week. So I'd like a selection box "enter Date range" (weekly) & type of Customer Affiliate Domestic, Affiliate international, Domestic Customers, International Customers. Should be simple, eh? Any advice? Just add a little form with 2 textboxes: txtStart and txtEnd Then use the following query criteria: For the dates: Between Forms!FormName!txtStart And Forms!FormName!txtEnd...

How to change alias format
Hello, How do I change alias format in exchange 2010. Currently it's FirstName+LastName and I wish to change it to be similar to AD user ID. Thank you. ...

Same time and date for every note in a case
Hi, I have a problem in CRM 3 where the date and time for every note in a particular case is exactly the same, despite being added into the case over a number of days. Does anyone have any idea what may cause this? Thanks. ...

Return range of cell values based on current date
I have a spreadsheet containing daily sales data for the month. I want today's sales data to display on a different worksheet to save the hassle of someone scanning through an entire month of data. Is this possible and what function do I use to achieve this? Thanks, Wing WHY NOT ADD A WORKBOOK? Providing a workbook will not only get you your answer quicker but will better illustrate your problem, usually when we can see your data (-it can be dummy data but must be of the same type-) and your structure it is far easier for us to give you a tailored, workable answer to ...

help create a formula using the IF command with AND
I need to create a formula for below: IF A2 is greater than A1 AND A4>A3 then A4 should be multiplied by .04, if not then A4 should be multiplied by .03. Can someone turn that into a formula for me? I'm sorry I should clarify the "if not", if A2 is not greater than A1. =if(and(a2>a1,a4>a3),a4*.04,a4*.03) or =a4*(if(and(a2>a1,a4>a3),.04,.03)) or =a4*(.03+.01*(and(a2>a1,a4>a3))) They'll all evaluate the same, so you can use the one that is easiest to understand. joe54345@gmail.com wrote: > > I need to create a formula for below: > >...