Help with conditional formatting with 2000

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th
numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav
300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t
appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes
10% of numbers (ie. 20-40)  then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th
top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes
ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal
within each 10% of values.

I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know if you have an
ideas or need further clarification.

Thank you very much.

AK

--
agrove
agroves's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1593

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:28:12 -0600, agroves
<agroves.1f1tg5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of the
>numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I have
>300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them to
>appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowest
>10% of numbers (ie. 20-40)  then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to the
>top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what these
>ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fall
>within each 10% of values.
>
>I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know if you have any
>ideas or need further clarification.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>AKG

Take a look at the Histogram tool.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Help with SQL (Access2007)
Hello. I am trying to integrate data from several sites into 1 (new) table. In order to distinguish the data from each site in the new table I have a field (InstID) which holds the Instution number of the site. The fields from the old site tables and the new table are identical except for the InstID. InstID and ClientID are Primary Keys. The path to the old table is asked, then the number for the InstID is asked and placed as a variable - varInstID. I have an append sql as follows: Private Sub UpdateDB_Click() ' populate the clients table strSql = "INSERT INTO tblClients ( In...

forecast function help
This might seem a bit newbie but im having trouble with the forecas function. Say for example i have a collection of data for sales of each item ove a number of years: item 2000 2001 2002 2003 1 3 4 5 2 4 3 2 3 2 2 4 4 3 1 5 5 4 1 6 6 2 2 4 i am asked to forcast the values for the year 2003. I have read an looked at many examples on how to do this and still can't work ou where to start? Any help would ...

Outlook 2000 change in behavior
I don't know if anyone else has experience this but since installing critical updates I have noticed that when I double click to open email messages in my inbox the messages do not immediately open. The hour glass appears and it takes longer than before installing the critical updates for the email messages to open. I have run the detect/repair tool, and disk defrag. My operating system is windows 2000. Any advice is appreciated. Jackie Darden ...

conditional formatting
I want to format column I (highlight cell) under the following condition the value in same row column F is > 0 and the cell in column I is empty. I have put the following code in the formula bar for conditional formatting and I'm getting an error. How do I fix the problem? First I select column I, and then I select conditional formatting. Then I change "cell value is" to "formula" and enter the following in the formula box. =F1>0 and I1 = "" When I click OK, I get an error. What is the error? Place the cursor in I1 cell and pres...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

Customer Address Help
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to run a customer report that invluced the customers address, city, state, and zip in it. I am not very familiar with crystal reports, so if there is another way that would be awesome. Thanks, -Bill H On CustomerSource there is a section called the "Report Library"- I think it's under downloads. In the RMS Report Library MS has provided several new or modified reports, including one with customer address. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:40:10 -0700, Bill H <bill@platinumpools.com> wrote: > Hi, I was wondering if anybody k...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

Conditional Formula?
Hi- I need help creating a formula that sums values in a list based on the value in an adjacent cell. Please see attached screen shot. Hopefully it explains what I'm trying to do. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel help 3-10-06.gif | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4442 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- rhovey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rhovey's Profile: http://www.excelf...

unable to load help topic
Using Money 2004 deluxe. Asking for help I get "unable to load topic" try again. No help, same responce. I went to MS Knowledge base article 812755. Which says 'clear the cache' Which I did. No help, still 'unable to load topic' Tried asking a 'Microsoft pro', could not get a screen to ask my question. Any suggestions? I cleared both MS IE and my default browser, and tried again, still no help. Seems like I should be able to get 'HELP' I even reloaded the Money program, still no HELP. Thanks for any 'HELP" Walt In microsoft.public.money...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

setting up outlook 2000 with hotmail
I can't get my outlook to accept hotmail--the help section says "Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.In the Server Type dialog box, click HTTP." there is no E-mail Accounts tab, no Add a new E-mail account option , and no HTTP option. Can anyone tell me what to type in to the lines requesting incoming mail (pop3) and outgoing mail (smtp)? 1) Look on Help, About. It sounds like you have corp mode. You need IMO mode to have accounts. 2) Does ...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Convert 2002 D/B to 2000 shows no details
When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to [Convert Database]; to Access 2000 format from Access XP, the resulting database doesn't display anything in the Detail View. All tables and queries appear to be present in LIST View and ICON Views but when DETAIL View is selected the entire display is blank. Is there a "Select Details" option in Access as there is in Windows Explorer? "Tom" <tvandeveer@ldmi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:000701c3dea6$9c1b5440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to > ...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

Massive Report: Have you ever done this? Help Please
Hi, I am compiling the results of a survey in ACC2003 as a paper appendix. I have about 60 report objects which are about 2 to 4 pages of text each. I have about 60 Pivot Charts and tables as separate form objects. I want to have one report which has the charts and tables and text in it since this would be easy to layout and the page numbering would flow right through. Is this the correct way to do it? I have made a start and the first few pages are fine with charts and tables. However, Access seems to have space restrictions on the height of a report group? When I increase the ...

SMTP Help!!!
I have a customer with a new Exchange 2003 server Single AD domain on one server DNS server local and seems to be working correctly Cable internet through Comcast Had been receiving 2012 and 2013 app log events Increased the DNSErrorsBeforeFailover as suggested in a knowledgebase article 2012 & 2013 Errors have stop but replaced with 4006 events No mail flow inbound or outbound for past 2 days!! SMTP appears busted, cannot telnet in or out on Port 25 even though firewall has port forwarding on that port Switched firewalls with same result Noticed periodic Back Orifice attack attem...

kill formatting brought over from reports
When I export a report from various sources (crystal reports or an Access Database that has an option to send to Excel), the worksheet format buttons stop working, or work erratically depending on something that must be coming over. Also, sometimes I get a sheet sent to me from someone who has done weird formatting, and it overrides my buttons (where the $ sign button produces some custom symbol, for example). I can copy the detail and paste to another worksheet, where the buttons will work, but is there a way to tell Excel to ignore this type of menu change when it receives a spreadsh...

Basic Worksheet Help
I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? These are Excel groups -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS web: www.nickhodge.co.uk blog (non-tech): www.nickhodge.co.uk/blog/ <Hollins3@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1180278623.923893.261800@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? > Hollins3@googlemail.com wrote: > I can't find an auto sum function in google worksheet. Can some help? > Easy workaround:...

Deleting of Recurring E-Mail's Outlook 2000
How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? Do you want to keep the history of the recurring? Do you want to "Cancel" future meetings and let other recipients know? Do you just want to delete it entirely? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <gary.christian@carswell.af.mil> wrote in message news:e42601c43c4c$5aca1270$a601280a@phx.gbl... How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? ...

Incompatible file format.
Have been using Money for years and have Money Deluxe 2007 installed on both my home (Vista) machine and my notebook (XP) machine. Problem is when I go on the road and take my Money file with me, my XP machine says that the file is incompatible and was created with a newer or updated version of Money. Both machines have the same version and are both include the latest updates. What gives? Did Microsoft create something in Vista that precludes using the Money file under any other operating system? I may have to switch to Quicken or even a Linux version if they keep this up.............

Outlook 2000
Hi, We have Outlook installed on a client PC. The user has created an Outlook Address Book (saved as *.pab). Is it possible to export the *.pab file to a CSV file? If not, to view the contnets of the *.pab file is it simply as importing the *.pab file onto another PC? thanks, Pritesh If you are using Exchange, I would import the PAB file into your Outlook contacts. Then using Outlook you can massage the data or export it to a PST and give it to whoever you wish. PAB is really antiquated, I would advise you get away from them. "Pritesh Lad XP SP2 + Telnet" <PriteshLa...

Help!!! Migration Problem!
Morning Guys, We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition). DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003 DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003 Migration from DomainA.lab to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external, 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History attribute which is correct Problem: Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA, but still no luck. Any su...