Help with Calculation #2

Hi, I have the following XLS with 3 sheets: Credits, Inventory &
Debits.

Credits sheet (Stock sold) columns:
'Product Code', 'Product' (Text field) & 'Quantity'

Inventory fields:
'Product' (Text field), 'Company', 'Supplier', 'Product Code',
'Quantity', 'Cost Price' & 'Retail Price'.

Debits Sheet (Stock bought) columns:
'Product Code', 'Product' (Text field), 'Quantity' & 'Total cost'.

New stock entered as 'Product Code', 'Product', 'Quantity' & 'Total
Cost' into the Debits sheet. I need a method (or calculation) to allow
the following:

* Search the Inventory sheet (say column F) for the 'Product Code'
* Once found (say cell F10), update the 'Quantity' cell (say G10, but
could be G1-Gxxx; bear in mind, they may already be a value there)
with the 'Quantity' amount from the Debits sheet.
* Update the 'Cost Price' (cell H10) by dividing H10 by G10
('Quantity')
* Calculate 'Retail Price' by multiplying 'Cost Price' by 1xx%.

Same principal with the Credits Sheet too, but only 'Quantity' will
need to be updated/reduced & the 'Cost Price' brought over from the
Inventory to Credits Sheet. Any help or alternatives appreciated. Is
this too complicated for a simple XLS?!

Thanks to all, TonyC.
0
louncov (5)

Instead of separate sheets, you could create one sheet for Transactions.
Add a column for Type, and enter Credit or Debit for each record.
You may also want to add a Date column
Copy the Credit records to this sheet, and mark them as Credit
Copy the Debit records to this sheet, and mark them as Debit

Change the Inventory sheet to "Products"
On the Products sheet, move the Product Code to the first column, so it
    can be used as a lookup table.

On the Transactions sheet, enter the current inventory for each product
as a Debit.
In the product column, use a VLookup formula to return the product name
from the product sheet. There are instructions here:

To summarize the data, and see current inventory, use a Pivot Table.
There are instructions and links on Jon Peltier's web site:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

visual basic

printing 2 charts on single page

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Needed in query
hello, everyone Help needed in query i have a table which have three field tabId tabPrtId tabSlab 1 11 50 2 11 100 3 11 150 4 11 200 tabId Is table id it is key also tabPrtId Is Party id in table tabSlab Is slab value now i want result like tabPrtId slabFrom slabTo 11 50 100 11 100 150 11 150 200 means for a particular party id i want to create slabs range -- fro...

Offline folder problems #2

Help Required

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Excel 97 VBA Help File

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

VCard issue #2

Need HELP! for Linking data

I need help with microsoft office:mac 2004 standard edition
I just recently installed microsoft office:mac 2004 standard edition on my ibook and when I try to open it an alert appears titled "update verification." It says to click browse and then select the folder that contains the earlier version of the software, but I am unable to find it and this prevents me from ever using it. What should I do? It sounds like you purchased a discounted upgrade copy--which is discounted because the assumption is that you are a repeat customer who purchased the software before. So it's looking for the previous purchase. If you have the CD from a pre...