Help with a checkbook register

I made a checkbook register in Excel and am wondering if there is a wa
I can get the ending balance to show only on the last line that has
check entered.  The way it is now, the ending balance carries down t
the end of the whole spreadsheet.  The register works for me, but th
balance thing is annoying.

I don't know enough about the usage of Excel to know whether this is
formula or what, let alone even begin to figure out how to search fo
this information.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank

You can use an IF statement to check to see if there is a check in that column and calculate the balance if there is and leave the balance blank if there is no check.  For example:  IF(C5="","",D5=D4+C5).  This should work.
--
Michael

"Snoogee >" wrote:

> I made a checkbook register in Excel and am wondering if there is a way
> I can get the ending balance to show only on the last line that has a
> check entered.  The way it is now, the ending balance carries down to
> the end of the whole spreadsheet.  The register works for me, but the
> balance thing is annoying.
>
> I don't know enough about the usage of Excel to know whether this is a
> formula or what, let alone even begin to figure out how to search for
> this information.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
>

> ---

cifac (1)
7/19/2004 4:57:04 PM
Hi
Try =if(and(isblank(a2),isblank(b2)),"",c1-b2+a2)
c1=previous balance
a2=withdrawal
b2=deposit
ray

0
anonymous (74722)

Help... Custom entity may have damaged the db
I created a custom entity for a client, then, upon creating a relationship Lookup to Opportunities, the screen froze. When I shut it down, I went back into the customization menu, and was told that the server was unavailable. I think that stopping the Relationship process may have hurt the db. Is there a way to roll back? I would check the event logs on both the CRM web and sql server. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3759DD21-0E71-4AEC-8425-358C17E706...

Need help with chart graph not on chart wizard
Need help in creating chart graph. For example, we have tarped and untarped data we need to track. I want to create a chart for 9 landfill sites and show the tarped and untarped percentages on the same bar graph. I am comparing October and November data. I am using excel 2003. Does anyone know if this can be done? The chart wizards has something similar, but not showing the data the way we want to present it. Thanks! Neither of your posts described what you want to show, or how you want to show it. I'm sure what you want can be done, but I don't know yet what that is. -...

Help: Money Transfer Transaction Dates
I was using Money 2001 and recently upgraded to Money 2004. One the issues i've had with both Money and prior versions of Quicken is the inability to accurately record the dates for money transfers from one account to another (especially from a Checking account to a Credit Card) where the posting dates are different. For example... If i transfer x dollars from my checking account to pay off my MasterCard... my bank statement shows the transaction occuring on 01 OCT 2003 whereas my credit card statement shows the transaction occuring on 30 SEP 2003. When entering the transfer / payment...

backup help
Greetings, XP Pro, I have tried to backup to an ext hd thru the wizard and with run...ntbackup.exe..etc.. and both ways, it freezes when I start backup. What do you suggest? Thanks, JS haven't done an ntbackup in a while because I use disk imaging. however, what you might try to do is to create the backup file on the hard drive. then copy the archive over to the external disk. -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - ...

DELETE customer with no sales SQL help
I have searched but cannot find the SQL script to delete customers with no sales. I thought I saw it on here at one time. Can anyone help? The problem for me is, I have customers with WORK ORDERS waiting to be filled that I do not want to delete. Their work orders have been tendered but have not been turned into an invoice yet. (This is to delete customers that I imported from my other system a while ago that haven't been back) Thanks for any help. So far, the select query I have is: SELECT [Order].ID AS orderID, [Transaction].TransactionNumber, Customer.AccountNumber FROM [Tra...

Help - Money 2005
Help, Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden none of my online services were working. it gets stuck in the "update in progress' status, and always says there is an error. I've tried reinstalling, money, i've tried restoring from backup, i've also tried disabling online services and reenabling them. The consistent message that I keep getting is "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared. " However, I'm not offline, the box isn&...

help #7
> hi, i am creating a user-system for my ICT coursework, and i have created a > customer database and a sign up form on 2 seperate sheets, what i need help > with is the code so that i can create an ok button, then once it is pressed > all the text that has been entered into the sign up form, is copied over > into the customer database, and also it goes onto the next row if a second > sign up is done. > > many thanks > > Shaun --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.580 / Virus Database: ...

Help with changing page/sheet sizes....resetting on its own!
Okay, I as trying to create a newsletter document for our church, with an 8.5 X 14 page size, landscape. Every time that I adjust the page size (using file, page setup, blank page sizes); it will change the paper size back to 8.5 x 11. I cannot seem to get the thing to STAY on 8.5 x 11 so that I can print it. Any helpful thoughts would be great! Thanks! Craig You first need to set the paper size in File Print setup Then set File Page setup -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Captin Backfire" <Captin Backfire@discussions.microsoft...

Help with conditional formating #2
Hi, I'm running Excel 2003, Sp2. I'm using conditional formatting to change the background color on some worksheet cells: Cellvalue = Color ============ A = red B = green C = blue This works fine but due to changes in the workbook I now also need to be able to format a fourth cellvalue, D = yellow. The built-in function however only lets me set up conditional formatting for three values. Is there any way to achieve this? TIA Pete Pete, Use simple formatting to color the cell yellow. CF will take over for the first three values, and it will be yellow for D. If you have ...

XPath help #2

need help with creating football depth chart
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, DAMONO <DAMONO@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >need help with creating football depth chart I've just googled "football depth chart", and they simply look like tables to me, not graphs. Can't you just make a spreadsheet? -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

lost rules.... HELP
I have my PST set up on a USB drive. When I moved my drive to a new system and then back, I lost all of my rules! I have done this in the past with no issues. What happened? Is there a way I can get back my rules? Thnak Bruce What version of Outlook? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:WzWhc.4402$0u6.875407@attbi_s03, Bruce wrote: > I have my PST set up on a USB drive. When I moved my drive to a new > system and then back, I lost all of my ...

Help with counting user entered text values
Hi, Version: Excel 2000 Situation: In Column G, I will have testers entering in their initals. I would like to display the tester's initals in column H of another worksheet with the number of times that set of intals appeared in column G on column I of the other worksheet. The catch is that I do not have a list of the testers initals ahead of time, so I'll need to pull them from column H. Thanks for any and all help in advance, David Hi David, H10: DAL i10: =COUNTIF(G:G,H10) or if you don't want to see 0 if H10 is empty I10: =IF(H10="","",COU...

HELP: Final Question About Hackers Stealing Files Via Wireless Net
Hello, my question is to verify if these statements are true, I wanted to email these guys personally but I understand it's better to share this with everyone. The questions concern if hackers can break into my Vista computer and access the hard drive's files, if my laptop is wirelessly connected to an unsecured router (meaning they connect to the unsecured router, and connect to my laptop that's wirelessly connected to the router). Also, I have not shared any folders (so was wondering if with cracking admin access they could get around it). The first ...

Error 0x800ccc15
I use Outlook 2000 - SP3 with security update and I occasionally experience Error 0x800ccc15. When I do, there is nothing I can do (closng outlook, rebooting, etc) that will restore email service except deleting my mail account and then recreating it. After a seemingly random amount of time, the error reoccurs and I'm forced to delete and recreate mail accounts A few articles found addressing this error: ErrMsg: Your POP3 Server Has Not Responded or TCP/IP Error http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186272 You receive a "Connection Error: 0x800ccc19 - The ...

Lookup help #2
I am using vlookup match to pull data from a .CSV file and I need to list in my new sheet any data that is held under a certain name, if that name is repeted the first entery of that name my lookup picks up continuously. How would I be able to use a lookup that would pick up all the enteries under that name going through a long list of data? Thanks -- Barky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Barky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14914 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265...

help with drop-down box
I have a large spreadsheet of case manager activity. Each case manager has a certain number of rows and columns for his/her information (case manager A uses the area A3:G43, case manager B uses H3:N43, etc.). There are 13 case manager areas in group 1 (rows 1-43), 13 in group 2 (rows 44-86), 13 in group 3 (rows 87-129), 4 sets in group 4 (rows 130-172), and 5 sets of totals at the bottom (rows 173-215). I want to create a drop-down box that would point to and locate the case managers' last names or worker ID#s. These items are not contiguous--they are located at cells B...

Freezing of Windows
Ok, I will try to give a brief summation of the issue: Brand new computer I built (Biostary Mobo), AMD 4600, 2 gig RAM, 250 SATA hd, KVM switch, Lab tech mouse and generic keyboard. The computer has XP SP1, SP2 and SP3 (over the history) on it. Freezes periodically, the mouse will no longer click but moves around. It boots fine, but this freeze occurs when running firefox, ie, office etc. You cannot type or do anything else with the computer - alt cnt del does not work. Needs to be shut off to do anything. Occasional message - HD failure - but boots if left alone. Reinstalled W...

Opportunity needs to display Account and Contact
We are using opportunities to track our forecasted sales. There are multiple contacts with an account, so Opportunities are linked to the contact person. However, when viewed from a list of all opportunities, it just diplays the Contact Name - not the underlying acount the contact is associated with. We need to have the company name on the account also displayed. Any ideas how to do that? I thought about mapping accountid on the contact records to the opportunity and then displaying that field...but it is a system field with a data type that cannot be added (Lookup). Any other ideas, abs...

automatic entry into register
Hi I have set up a recuring entry, salary every month on the same day. How do I get the entry to show in the registry automatically. For example I create the entry and set it to run for one year. I tick the box to say "automatically enter transaction into my register the following number of days before the payment date: and I have set the number of days to 1. What I am expecting is to go to the register and see the recuring entries for the year but it does not happen. Any ideas please In microsoft.public.money, missy wrote: > >I have set up a recuring entry, salary every m...

help
Hello, I imported some transactions and later deleted them. Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have to manually enter them. Is there a way to tell money to import again? Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions. Thanks for the help. Frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: > >I imported some transactions and later deleted them. >Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have >to manually enter them. > >Is there a way to tell money to import again? Not short of disabling online acce...

If...Then...Else Statement Help
Hello, I have 30 branch names that are divided by Regions. What I want to do is when the user clicks on the CBO to selct a Branch Name, I want the Regions Field to automatically input the correct region. How can I do this for multiple branches under one region? Example: Let's say Mangum, Katy, 290, TC Jester are in the West Region, How can I code the If, then , else statement to say if one of those branch names in the group is selcted then Region is West, Elseif so on and so on until I finish all the Regions. I can do this one Branch name at time but never did groups so I would ...

Help with Quotes
Ok here it is and I'm stuck big time... I'm developing somewhat of a "Fat" quote system that requires a specialized way of doing things. It's the backwards way of doing things but I have to be able to place multiple quantities on each product. Well I want to be able to have products in my catalog to have these multiple Quantities but when I put custom fields in the Product I have no way of transfering this information to the Quotes Product. Looking for some much need sage like enlightment on how to do this... Thanks ...

HELP: Problem with converting from 2002 to 2000
Ok, I opened a publication that was done in 2000 and I'm using Publisher 2002. The publication had both graphics and a text box. It was set up for a 3 column flyer. After I did some work on the flyer I saved the publication in the 2000 file format; I get an error message complaining the graphics were too big to be used in Publisher 2000. Strange, as the file was done in 2000. Any ideas?? By the way, I had to get rid of the graphics to get this to work. -- Sincerely, Barry Brindisi Web: http://www.shorevineyard.com http://www.bethberakah.com I posted this link in an ear...

Help on Integration
Hi Everyone, I am integrating MS RMS with another product using a DLL. I want to store some of my details in the RMS database (very small text messages like TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL, FAILURE, INTERRUPTED) for Reports and future references... I'll be very thankful if someone can help me on how to connect to the RMS database and how to store the messages in the database for Reports and Reconcilations... Thank you very much... Sri.... Srikanth wrote: > Hi Everyone, I am integrating MS RMS with another product using a DLL. > I want to store some of my details in the RMS database (very s...