help when mailing

I used some of this code in a workbook

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail1.htm

When I execute it automatically saves a copy.

I do not want the automatic save, but rather I want the save as box t
open and let me save wherever I want, and then, after I hit OK, execut
the rest of the code.  Any help would be appreciated.

-Eri

--
eluehman
eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309

First of all,  you want to correct concept by  changing the format
so that the year appears before the month before the day.

    wb1.SaveCopyAs wbname

    change to

      dim sav_wbname as string
      sav_wbname = application.InputBox( _
            "Your chance to override the following as saved filename",
            "Supply override",  wbname, , , ,1)
      if sav_wbname = "" then
           MsgBox("terminated by your command")
           exit sub              ' or goto  termination label
     end if
     wb1.SaveCopyAs  sav_wbname

HTH,  David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"eluehmann" <eluehmann.1fmkny@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:eluehmann.1fmkny@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I used some of this code in a workbook
>
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail1.htm
>
> When I execute it automatically saves a copy.
>
> I do not want the automatic save, but rather I want the save as box to
> open and let me save wherever I want, and then, after I hit OK, execute
> the rest of the code.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> -Eric
>

> --
> eluehmann
> eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13095
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277858

0
dmcritchie (2586)
11/12/2004 9:15:13 PM
First thing you should do is change the code  so the
filename is created with a name incorporating
year before month before day of month  so that you can look
at the directory ordered by name.

     Dim sav_wbname As String
      sav_wbname = Application.InputBox( _
            "Your chance to override the following as " _
            & Chr(10) & " the saved filename", _
            "Supply override", wbname)
      If sav_wbname = "" Then
           MsgBox ("terminated by your command")
           Exit Sub              ' or goto  termination label
     End If
     '  use sav_wbname for the output file

--
---
HTH,

"eluehmann" <eluehmann.1fmkny@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:eluehmann.1fmkny@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I used some of this code in a workbook
>
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail1.htm
>
> When I execute it automatically saves a copy.
>
> I do not want the automatic save, but rather I want the save as box to
> open and let me save wherever I want, and then, after I hit OK, execute
> the rest of the code.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> -Eric
>

> --
> eluehmann
> eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13095
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277858

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Number of e-mail Acccount Limitations???
I am using Vista home addition with Outlook 2007. I have 8 different e-mail accounts that I check. When I open some of the e-mails, ones from Dell or Costco etc, with any graphic content a blank page opens. If I click on the reply button I can read the e-mail but not on the main page. There is plenty of memory so that should not be a problem. I called support at Dell, and after paying a fee was told that there were too many e-mails accounts for Outlook to handle. Does anyone have this problem and is there a fix for it. Thanks I can tell you that Dell was wrong in telling you Out...

Microsoft outlook 2003 and winfax help
Hi, I am trying to set up my outlook so that I can send and email and fax in one operation. I dont know how to send a winfax fax through outlook for that matter. I have tried all these steps listed and still need help/ Can someone tell me how to set faxing up using winfax through outlook 2003. I want it so that I could have a group of people that i could send a fax to and also have an email sent to them. (meaning the same people will receive a fax and email) Please help Thanks Zach These are 2 completely diff operations. You send email through your ISP servers. You send faxes throu...

Help with a formula #3
Hello i am new her and hope you can help me with my problem: In column A i have the following value's 0, 1 and -1. Now i want in column B: we leave the 0 out, if A=-1 than column should give 1, if the next one is again -1 than B should be 2 onl after A is 1 than B should be 0 and start over again. See example below, i want to see how long a -1 streak is before an 1 i coming. A B -1 1 0 0 -1 2 0 0 1 0 0 -1 1 0 1 0 0 -1 1 0 0 -1 2 0 -1 3 0 0 1 0 Thanks, greetings Richar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Richard one way: Enter the following in B1 as array formul...

IMAP accounts not recieving mail in scheduled send & recieve

Import Windows Mail groups into Outlook 2007?
I successfully imported my Windows Mail (Vista) contacts, but the groups (distribution lists) didn't come over. Do I have to create them all over again? Yes. Well known. Groups in Windows Mail have no counterparts in Outlook and cannot be imported. Create Distribution Lists if you think you need them. Categories work better. -- Russ Valentine "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EFD6CF4-4FCD-4110-A2D6-03FAC7C12209@microsoft.com... > I successfully imported my Windows Mail (Vista) contacts, but the groups > (distribution l...

Help! Selecting data according to date range
I'm attempting to setup a worksheet for reminding employees to rene their licenses. I have input the data where the data range is from ro 3 - 84 (this could increase or decrease with hiring/firing, etc.). Th columns range from A - K with column H being *date*. I would like to start a new sheet (sheet2) in this workbook with th range of months in a year. In each monthly section it would search th data range in sheet 1 and return the records with the correspondin dates for that month. For example: If a employee's license expires i January, the entire record for that employee would...

Help!! My ICS/Firewall files are missing.. PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, I recently had a virus attack and cleaned everything off.. I have Avast virus software. I noticed that when i restarted my computer that my firewall was turned off.. So i went into the settings and tried to turn it back on but instead i got this message: "Windows Could not open the Firewall/ICs settings beause the associated service is not running". I clicked start on the serivces pane and i got another message saying "error 2 file not found". Now could this of happened when Avast deleted the infected files?? if so how can i get it back?? Please respond ASAP...

New Access User Help
I have been using Excel to create reports for over a year now, and my information and reporting is getting too big. I am going to start to need to use Access. I have never used it before. So I am litterarly starting from scratch. Does anyone have any websites that has some good training for someone who does not know much about Access and can walk someone through how it works and creating reports. I am also hoping that I can import some of my excel work over to access. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. There are lots of great online ressources! Take ...

Help with creating a unique set of numbers..
Hello I would like a solution regard to excel formulas / VBA scripting. The purpose is to assist in generatating unique PIN numbers for users on our phone system.. The numbers generated need to be a number between 1000 & 9999... The basic formula I have used (=3DRANDBETWEEN(1000,9999)) does it intitally, but if the formula gets extended or a row gets deleted the numbers are regenerated.... The numbers need to remain how they are at the initial time of running the formula.. Any ideas? =96 I guess there needs to be some fault tolerances involved, but for the life of me I would know wha...

Statistics
Hi, I have some difficulties in producing statistics reports. i.e. I have a column named Countries with a list of countries which occur more than once. I would like to get a stat report about the percentage of each country within the whole list. Or, I would like to get a stat report regarding how two different columns affect the third one. I would like to add that each column is filled with character data and not numeric one. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. -- Eligator ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Eligator's Profile: http://www.ex...

Help files with Visual Studio 7?
Can someone help. It's been a little while since I did some programming. Since then I upgraded my Windows XP to SP2. This is the only difference I can imagine since the last time of using VS7. On my reinstall of Visual Studio, I don't get any thing when trying to bring up the help files and samples. Every thing returns "No Links are available for the current selection". Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input. -- L. James ------------- L. D. James ljames@apollo3.com...

Help Qutlook 2002 and imbedded pictures missing?
I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the same message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? JDS I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the same message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? JDS I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? I receive ema...

Need help with data validation format
I'm trying to make this format mandatory when someone enters his/her data in a cell. The format would be this : "### ###". Therefor, if the worksheet user doesn't enter a chain like this one : "113 244", the data just won't enter. And yes, the space beetween the 3 first and last numbers has to be there. I can't seem to find anything in the Data / Validation menu that enables me to do this :confused:. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~...

merging mail servers
Two companies merged together. Currently we are still using both mail servers. We want to get everyone using the same mail server and on the same domain (e-mail, not AD) Our current setup is both sites are on the same AD domain. All e-mail comes into a mail gateway and then gets routed to the correct mail server depending on which domain it was sent to. We are unable to complete the move in one night and need to somehow link the mail servers so I can move users one at a time. How can I set this up in Exchange (sorry, running 5.5 on old server and 2k3 on the new main server) so that the o...

OWA Help
Have a single Exchange server (Win2K, SP4 with Exch 2003 Sp2) in a single domain behind a firewall (Win2K,Sp4 with ISA 2000, SP2). The updates are recent. After the Updates to the Operating Systems and before the updates to ISA, OWA displayed to users "Page cannot be displayed". I've research KB articles and set the advised Web/Exchange Directory permissions. Am I missing something? I've got a nagging feeling that I'm missing something incredibly simple. Thanks in advance Jim ...

Clear All
I have a form with 4 bound comboxes and a subform that displays the data depending on the selections made in the comboxes. How do I create a command button to clear all or any selections made in the comboxes and on the subform, so that a new selection can be made. Anyones assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -- tmdrake Try something like this: Private Sub cmdClearCombos_Click() On Error Resume Next Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls If ctl.ControlType = acComboBox Then ctl = "" End If Next End Sub -- Arvin Meyer,...

summing formula help
I have a column that could produce 1 row of data or 35 rows of data. How can i consistently sum two fields below last cell with data and have everything included. thanks Can you provide a sample of your data and expected results? In article <4606BA0E-1138-4F87-BB4C-0F442DC03BC9@microsoft.com>, "jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column that could produce 1 row of data or 35 rows of data. How can > i consistently sum two fields below last cell with data and have everything > included. > > thanks Sheet 1 ...

HELP Copy And Paste
I am trying to copy a range of cells and paste them after every Total This is what I have so far: Sub b8pastetitle() Dim theRange As Range Dim lastrow&, firstRow&, x& Set theRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange lastrow = theRange.Cells(theRange.Cells.Count).Row firstRow = theRange.Cells(1).Row For x = lastrow To firstRow Step -1 If InStr(1, Cells(x, 1), "Total") > 0 Then Range("A5 : G7").Select Selection.Copy ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Payroll").Cells(x + 2, 1).Selection.Paste End If Next End Sub -- Stacia select...

Need some Install advise / help / direction
I have a fully patched SBS 2003 Premium Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition SQL server 2005 Standard Edition I do not have and will not be using an Exchange server Basically I have tried to install CRM and have ran into error after error. I need Step by step instructions for the Install based on the software I have listed above. Assuming I dont know and have never installed and configured SQL server or a default website with IIS. I'm not finding the Microsoft_CRM_3.0.5_Implementation_Guide to usefull. I think it's assuming too much prior knowledge of SQL and IIS for me. Che...

Mail-Enable Public Folders #3
Is it possible to mail-enable all public folders in a tree in one hit? Thanks On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:16:01 -0800, Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to mail-enable all public folders in a tree in one hit? >Thanks Exchange 2003 SP2 permissions wizard will let you do this. ...

LOST MAIL Outlook 2000
I need some help from people with technical knowledge of Outlook 2000. Here is the issue. My PC had to be reformated and Windows, MS Office, etc reloaded. I identified the directories I wanted backed up before the hard drive was reformatted. My Outlook 2002 Directory was one of them, but I didn't export the messages to a file using a comma delineated format before the backup was done....instead the directory was backed up with the inbox, address book, etc. keeping their original file extensions There is no .pst file in this directory. Filed extensions in this directory are: .nch; .msf; ...

Help! Permissions are wrong!
The permissions on my Exchange 2003 server have changed so that now EVERYONE has the ability to open anybody else's mailbox. IT seems to be full access to the mailbox as well. I've checked the permissions in Active Directory and in Exchange System Manager but can't find anything that would indicate why this is occuring. There are some permissions listed in System Manager where the Everyone group has some special permissions for special in the apply to column, and I'm not quite sure what these are, but they don't appear to be granting full access. Any ideas? Than...

Microsoft CRM e-mail integraition
I'm currently in the process of evaluating Microsoft CRM for use in the support function. I've managed to have email sent to an email address from external addresses to be directly routed to an Queue, but email from internal addresses (same Exchange server) does not appear in the queue. Also, I'm wondering if there's an easy way of converting an email to a support case? Regards, Anders Thorsen You can convert an email to a support case by building a custom function using the API. Mike "Anders Thorsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Adding SMTP connector stops mail
Hi I have just added SMTP connectors to several of our sites to forward outbound external mail through a smarthost for virus scanning. These sites work perfectly however the other sites that do not have the SMTP connector (just Routing Group connectors) now cannot send external mail. Do I need to add an SMTP connector to every site, even if they do not need the smart host? Should the cost on the '*' Address Space be lower or higher than my site to site Routing Group connector costs? Many thanks A routing group connector should enable you to send mail. All an SMTP connector...