Help using lookup function

I'm having trouble using the lookup function.

I have numbers that look like this in a list, although it's only part of
what I'm using:

-11	2179
-10	2420
-9	2661
-8	2897
-7	3123
-6	3332
-5	3521
-4	3683
-3	3814
-2	3910
-1	3970
0	3989
1	3970
2	3910
3	3814
4	3683
5	3521
6	3332
7	3123
8	2897
9	2661
10	2420
11	2179

When I use the lookup function on another sheet of the cell, it does not
look up the proper value always.  My columns go from (-100, 100).  Outside
the values of (-10,10), the lookup works properly.

These are the lookup cells:

-11	2179
-10	2420
-9	2420
-8	2897
-7	3123
-6	3332
-5	3521
-4	3521
-3	3814
-2	3814
-1	3910
0	3989
1	3989
2	3910
3	3910
4	3683
5	3521
6	3521
7	3123
8	3123
9	2661
10	2420
11	2179

If you'll notice, the values that the lookup cells get are not the values of
the cell they're looking up, but often one off.

Any suggestions on why this might be happening?
0
Blackbird (6)

What is your lookup equation?

"Blackbird" <Blackbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having trouble using the lookup function.
>
> I have numbers that look like this in a list, although it's only part of
> what I'm using:
>
> -11 2179
> -10 2420
> -9 2661
> -8 2897
> -7 3123
> -6 3332
> -5 3521
> -4 3683
> -3 3814
> -2 3910
> -1 3970
> 0 3989
> 1 3970
> 2 3910
> 3 3814
> 4 3683
> 5 3521
> 6 3332
> 7 3123
> 8 2897
> 9 2661
> 10 2420
> 11 2179
>
> When I use the lookup function on another sheet of the cell, it does not
> look up the proper value always.  My columns go from (-100, 100).  Outside
> the values of (-10,10), the lookup works properly.
>
> These are the lookup cells:
>
> -11 2179
> -10 2420
> -9 2420
> -8 2897
> -7 3123
> -6 3332
> -5 3521
> -4 3521
> -3 3814
> -2 3814
> -1 3910
> 0 3989
> 1 3989
> 2 3910
> 3 3910
> 4 3683
> 5 3521
> 6 3521
> 7 3123
> 8 3123
> 9 2661
> 10 2420
> 11 2179
>
> If you'll notice, the values that the lookup cells get are not the values
> of
> the cell they're looking up, but often one off.
>
> Any suggestions on why this might be happening?

0
reply6075 (299)
12/18/2005 10:57:40 PM
For instance, the equation for the cell that is to the right of zero is
"=LOOKUP(A104, 'Issue 1'!$E$2:$E$102, 'Issue 1'!$H$2:$H$102)"

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> What is your lookup equation?
>
> "Blackbird" <Blackbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having trouble using the lookup function.
> >
> > I have numbers that look like this in a list, although it's only part of
> > what I'm using:
> >
> > -11 2179
> > -10 2420
> > -9 2661
> > -8 2897
> > -7 3123
> > -6 3332
> > -5 3521
> > -4 3683
> > -3 3814
> > -2 3910
> > -1 3970
> > 0 3989
> > 1 3970
> > 2 3910
> > 3 3814
> > 4 3683
> > 5 3521
> > 6 3332
> > 7 3123
> > 8 2897
> > 9 2661
> > 10 2420
> > 11 2179
> >
> > When I use the lookup function on another sheet of the cell, it does not
> > look up the proper value always.  My columns go from (-100, 100).  Outside
> > the values of (-10,10), the lookup works properly.
> >
> > These are the lookup cells:
> >
> > -11 2179
> > -10 2420
> > -9 2420
> > -8 2897
> > -7 3123
> > -6 3332
> > -5 3521
> > -4 3521
> > -3 3814
> > -2 3814
> > -1 3910
> > 0 3989
> > 1 3989
> > 2 3910
> > 3 3910
> > 4 3683
> > 5 3521
> > 6 3521
> > 7 3123
> > 8 3123
> > 9 2661
> > 10 2420
> > 11 2179
> >
> > If you'll notice, the values that the lookup cells get are not the values
> > of
> > the cell they're looking up, but often one off.
> >
> > Any suggestions on why this might be happening?

0
Blackbird (6)
12/18/2005 11:09:02 PM
If you are looking for an exact match use vlookup or index and match combo

=VLOOKUP(A104,'Issue 1'!E2:H102,4,0)

or

=INDEX('Issue 1'!H2:H102,MATCH(A104,'Issue 1'!E2:E102,0))

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

> For instance, the equation for the cell that is to the right of zero is
> "=LOOKUP(A104, 'Issue 1'!$E$2:$E$102, 'Issue 1'!$H$2:$H$102)"
>
> "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
>
>> What is your lookup equation?
>>
>> "Blackbird" <Blackbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm having trouble using the lookup function.
>> >
>> > I have numbers that look like this in a list, although it's only part
>> > of
>> > what I'm using:
>> >
>> > -11 2179
>> > -10 2420
>> > -9 2661
>> > -8 2897
>> > -7 3123
>> > -6 3332
>> > -5 3521
>> > -4 3683
>> > -3 3814
>> > -2 3910
>> > -1 3970
>> > 0 3989
>> > 1 3970
>> > 2 3910
>> > 3 3814
>> > 4 3683
>> > 5 3521
>> > 6 3332
>> > 7 3123
>> > 8 2897
>> > 9 2661
>> > 10 2420
>> > 11 2179
>> >
>> > When I use the lookup function on another sheet of the cell, it does
>> > not
>> > look up the proper value always.  My columns go from (-100, 100).
>> > Outside
>> > the values of (-10,10), the lookup works properly.
>> >
>> > These are the lookup cells:
>> >
>> > -11 2179
>> > -10 2420
>> > -9 2420
>> > -8 2897
>> > -7 3123
>> > -6 3332
>> > -5 3521
>> > -4 3521
>> > -3 3814
>> > -2 3814
>> > -1 3910
>> > 0 3989
>> > 1 3989
>> > 2 3910
>> > 3 3910
>> > 4 3683
>> > 5 3521
>> > 6 3521
>> > 7 3123
>> > 8 3123
>> > 9 2661
>> > 10 2420
>> > 11 2179
>> >
>> > If you'll notice, the values that the lookup cells get are not the
>> > values
>> > of
>> > the cell they're looking up, but often one off.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions on why this might be happening?

0
terre081 (3244)
12/18/2005 11:52:10 PM
For some reason, neither suggestion gives values all the time now.

Often, I get the #N/A error.  However, there most definitely is a value
among the series the corresponds, so there shouldn't be an #N/A error.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> If you are looking for an exact match use vlookup or index and match combo
>
> =VLOOKUP(A104,'Issue 1'!E2:H102,4,0)
>
> or
>
> =INDEX('Issue 1'!H2:H102,MATCH(A104,'Issue 1'!E2:E102,0))
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> (No private emails please)
>

> "Blackbird" <Blackbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For instance, the equation for the cell that is to the right of zero is
> > "=LOOKUP(A104, 'Issue 1'!$E$2:$E$102, 'Issue 1'!$H$2:$H$102)"
> >
> > "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
> >
> >> What is your lookup equation?
> >>
> >> "Blackbird" <Blackbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Blackbird (6)
12/19/2005 4:20:01 AM
Did you import this? If so you might have hidden spaces trailing html
characters, I just make a quick test and copied the table for your post,
pasted into excel and applied a vlookup formula typing in the lookup values
and those that I tried I got a correct hit, no errors at all so I can only
assume that what you think is a match is not,
you can test with a cell that you know should be correct and then compare
them =cell=cell2 or even check how many characters

=LEN(lookup_Value_cell)
=LEN(value_from Table_cell)

same number?

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

> For some reason, neither suggestion gives values all the time now.
>
> Often, I get the #N/A error.  However, there most definitely is a value
> among the series the corresponds, so there shouldn't be an #N/A error.
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> If you are looking for an exact match use vlookup or index and match
>> combo
>>
>> =VLOOKUP(A104,'Issue 1'!E2:H102,4,0)
>>
>> or
>>
>> =INDEX('Issue 1'!H2:H102,MATCH(A104,'Issue 1'!E2:E102,0))
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>> (No private emails please)
>>

>> "Blackbird" <Blackbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > For instance, the equation for the cell that is to the right of zero is

0
terre081 (3244)
12/19/2005 4:42:38 AM
Yes, I did import them.

When I did those tests, they indicated that there numbers were imprecise and
had been rounded for display purposes.  I used the ROUND function, and then
they all came up as TRUE when using that test and with equal numbers using
LEN.

Still however, the error persists.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Did you import this? If so you might have hidden spaces trailing html
> characters, I just make a quick test and copied the table for your post,
> pasted into excel and applied a vlookup formula typing in the lookup values
> and those that I tried I got a correct hit, no errors at all so I can only
> assume that what you think is a match is not,
> you can test with a cell that you know should be correct and then compare
> them =cell=cell2 or even check how many characters
>
> =LEN(lookup_Value_cell)
> =LEN(value_from Table_cell)
>
> same number?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> (No private emails please)
0
Blackbird (6)
12/19/2005 7:18:02 AM
You might need to round in both instances

=INDEX('Issue 1'!H2:H102,MATCH(ROUND(A104,2),ROUND('Issue 1'!E2:E102,2),0))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

other than that one value might be text and the other number, try this

=ISTEXT('Issue 1'!E2)

copy down and see if you get any true values, do the same with your lookup
values

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

> Yes, I did import them.
>
> When I did those tests, they indicated that there numbers were imprecise
> and
> had been rounded for display purposes.  I used the ROUND function, and
> then
> they all came up as TRUE when using that test and with equal numbers using
> LEN.
>
> Still however, the error persists.
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> Did you import this? If so you might have hidden spaces trailing html
>> characters, I just make a quick test and copied the table for your post,
>> pasted into excel and applied a vlookup formula typing in the lookup
>> values
>> and those that I tried I got a correct hit, no errors at all so I can
>> only
>> assume that what you think is a match is not,
>> you can test with a cell that you know should be correct and then compare
>> them =cell=cell2 or even check how many characters
>>
>> =LEN(lookup_Value_cell)
>> =LEN(value_from Table_cell)
>>
>> same number?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>> (No private emails please)

0
terre081 (3244)
12/19/2005 6:49:27 PM
I get false on both instances when I use ISTEXT on every value.

The index function yields #VALUE.  Perhaps I don't know exactly how to work
it?

Should I send you my actual file?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> You might need to round in both instances
>
> =INDEX('Issue 1'!H2:H102,MATCH(ROUND(A104,2),ROUND('Issue 1'!E2:E102,2),0))
>
> entered with ctrl + shift & enter
>
> other than that one value might be text and the other number, try this
>
> =ISTEXT('Issue 1'!E2)
>
> copy down and see if you get any true values, do the same with your lookup
> values
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> (No private emails please)
>

> "Blackbird" <Blackbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I did import them.
> >
> > When I did those tests, they indicated that there numbers were imprecise
> > and
> > had been rounded for display purposes.  I used the ROUND function, and
> > then
> > they all came up as TRUE when using that test and with equal numbers using
> > LEN.
> >
> > Still however, the error persists.
> >
> > "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you import this? If so you might have hidden spaces trailing html
> >> characters, I just make a quick test and copied the table for your post,
> >> pasted into excel and applied a vlookup formula typing in the lookup
> >> values
> >> and those that I tried I got a correct hit, no errors at all so I can
> >> only
> >> assume that what you think is a match is not,
> >> you can test with a cell that you know should be correct and then compare
> >> them =cell=cell2 or even check how many characters
> >>
> >> =LEN(lookup_Value_cell)
> >> =LEN(value_from Table_cell)
> >>
> >> same number?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Peo Sjoblom
> >>
> >> (No private emails please)

0
Blackbird (6)
12/19/2005 7:25:04 PM
Somehow, when I use the ROUND function now, it all works.  It didn't work
last time, and I still had it in there, but then it started working when I
opened the application again.

Thanks!

"Blackbird" wrote:

> I get false on both instances when I use ISTEXT on every value.
>
> The index function yields #VALUE.  Perhaps I don't know exactly how to work
> it?
>
> Should I send you my actual file?
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
> > You might need to round in both instances
> >
> > =INDEX('Issue 1'!H2:H102,MATCH(ROUND(A104,2),ROUND('Issue 1'!E2:E102,2),0))
> >
> > entered with ctrl + shift & enter
> >
> > other than that one value might be text and the other number, try this
> >
> > =ISTEXT('Issue 1'!E2)
> >
> > copy down and see if you get any true values, do the same with your lookup
> > values
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > (No private emails please)
> >

> > "Blackbird" <Blackbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes, I did import them.
> > >
> > > When I did those tests, they indicated that there numbers were imprecise
> > > and
> > > had been rounded for display purposes.  I used the ROUND function, and
> > > then
> > > they all came up as TRUE when using that test and with equal numbers using
> > > LEN.
> > >
> > > Still however, the error persists.

0
Blackbird (6)

Using ActiveX in a DHtmlDialog
I need to catch an event fired by an ActiveX control embed into a page. The code in the DHTML_EVENT_MAP() is: BEGIN_DHTML_EVENT_MAP(CModificaDatiCont) DHTML_EVENT_ONCLICK(_T("visColRettifica"), OnChShowrett) {DHTMLEVENTMAPENTRY_CONTROL,0x02,_T("F1Book"), reinterpret_cast<DHEVTFUNCCONTROL>(OnDblClick)) }, END_DHTML_EVENT_MAP() I need to perform this cast because the DHTML_EVENT_AXCONTROL() works only for functions without parameters; my callback func has two parameters: (declare in CModificaDatiCont.h) void OnDblClick(long nRow, long nCol); All works fine until I ...

Formula Help #9
Thanks Max and Ragdyer for your replies, Max I've downloaded the link you provided and had a bit of a play and it works so good I'm now going to see if I can get it to automatically fill in the sheets for the knockout rounds which I can print off and give to the marshal for lining up the cars. I'll let you know how I get on, Regards, Kieran Max Wrote: > In Sheet1- > Put in G2: =IF(COUNTBLANK(D2:F2)=0,MAX(D2:F2),"")- > > And if you want Sheet2 to display the results progressively ("live") as > the > scores are input from the very first run...

Help on CString to char*
Being a newbie to MFC, I am having problems on copying CString to a char* Below is my attempt but I getting this error below: ===================================================== Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:\geac\GEACstatusptt.exe File: dbgheap.c Line: 1044 Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) Below is my code the way that I am doing now, look at switch 4 and this is where I call a DLL library "McaAddPageMember" ====================================================== char cPAGER_CODE[16]; CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("CPsnstatuspttView::Call_Page_M...

Help please with Offset/Match formula
I am struggling with a formula using Offset and Match. I have a table of data and I need to read in data into specific cells, I am using the combination of Offset and Match and everything is OK for 90% of the time. My problem is the following:- I have a number of production lines, some products can be manufactured on more than one line. Where the product/resource combination is unique then everything is fine. I need my Offset to match against more than one criteria. Example Resource Product Period 1 qty Period 2 qty etc..... Line 1 1233 1,000 1,00...

Help with InStr in a query
I have values like "2010 WW14" and "2010 WW7" in a query and I'm trying to grab the number part to the right of "WW". It will always be a 1 or 2 digit number and I always want the format to be a number. I'm currently using Left([WorkWeek2],(InStr(1,[WorkWeek2],"ww")-1)) to grab the 4-digit year to the left of "WW", but I can't figure out how to alter it for what I need above. Any suggestions? Thanks! Try: mid(WorkWeek2,instr(WorkWeek2,'ww')+2) -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; t...

Help Windows Vista Home Basic
For nearly 2 months now my computer has been trying to do a Windows Update of the 5 security up dates for MS software packages. Security Update for MS Office 2007 (KB951550) Security Update for 2007 MS Office System (KB951944) The 2007 MS Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) Update for MS Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2202131) Update for 2007 MS Office System (KB967642) I have tried updating them individually, tried letting down the firewall, tried turning off my McAfee Virus Scan and the firewall and updating, it won't work. It says error 646, it downloads then...

How to use an Excel 1997 files with line chart that have date & ti
I have many old Excel 1997 files with line graphs that show up the x axis date and time values. The old Excel 97 show about ever 10 or 20th date/time stamp in the x axis, but the new 2003 show only black spots at the bottom of the line graphs. How do I get Excel 2003 to produce a line graph to show time/scale data that has dates and times like the old Excel 97 did? ...

Exch 2003 Enterprise - Database Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C51596.8AAABC50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I came in this morning and almost passed out when I saw my = Exchange 2003 Enterprise server.=20 One user shows no messages in his Outlook inbox. I thought "user error" = and checked Exchange. I see that any messages sent to his account are = sitting in queue for local delivery. And failing!=20 I then checked Event Viewer and found this: Information Store (1880) First Storage Group: Th...

Can not sent mail using blat (to Exchange)
I am in the process of converting from SBS2003 to Server/Exchange 2003. In the past I have been using blat to e-mail results of a number scripts. However in the new setup I can not get blat to work. On compairing the Exchange configs on both servers I can not find any differences. The new setup can send/receive interanl/external mail just fine to I know the basic setup is correct. Below it the output of a couple of telnet tests. I did not expect the test using the external domain to work but the internal one should work as before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Signed, Losing...

Outlook Meeting Request Issue
Question: Being a delegate on another person's calendar, how does my admin add others (all new hires need to receive this meeting) to a Reoccurring Meeting Notice and only have it send to the new person/people, not everyone in distribution list? She attempts to do this on almost a monthly basis as new people come in and it always seems to re-send to everyone instead of just the new people. Also, in many cases, it sends it more than once and if a cancellation has taken place prior, it actually renames the Meeting Notice. Our help desk seems to be stumped on this so I was hoping ...

Outlook auto checking for messages, HELP!!!!!!
I just reinstalled Office 2000 SR-1 with Outlook (9.0.0.4527) I keep Outlook minimized, and untill the reinstall, if I got an email, it would chime and I would get the small icon on my taskbar. Now, I only get notification if I maximize Outlook nad switch from one folder to another. This prompts the Send/Receive and I get messages comming in from up to an hour ago depending on when I last checked. I am running a LAN and I have tried to check for an features in options but cannot find anything that pertains to this setting. I know this used to work!!! Any help would be greatly appreci...

Q: some basic help
Hello I use VB in various MS apps from time to time, but I'm not very familiar with using it in outlook (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP2 to be precise.) So I am looking for a few brief pointers, or links to good examples. Assuming I invoke my macro while a message is displayed in the pane of the main outlook window (e.g. Tools:Macro:Macros:xxx [Run]) What objects and/or methods do I use in the macro to get at the message? I want my macro to be able to "read" the message body, and the text of the internet headers, and to get the smtp envelope details (assuming it is tha...

using variables to select rows
I see that this subject has been raised several times but the response so far do not seem to help me. (I might be a bit slow on the uptake) My problem is that in order to export a spread sheet to anothe application successfully, I need to delete all of the blank rows fro the end of the sheet. I have 200+ sheets with varying lengths so I nee to automate. I have a macro the works well providing I enter a constant in place o the variable "DeleteRowsFromRowNumber" as shown below. DeleteRowsFromRowNumber is declared as an integer Rows("DeleteRowsFromRowNumber:65500").Selec...

Conditional Formatting Help
I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with the following: Condition 1: If Column C Font is Bold then bold entire row and interior shade entire row gray. Condition 2: If Column B is Blank then shade entire row light yellow and format entire row font italic. Can't seem to figure out the formula for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. You havent mentioned the conditions for formatting these two columns.. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "BlueAngel" wrote: > I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with...

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

Data requires decimal point problem. Pls help.
Hi, I'm running Excel 2000 on a Win98 machine. When I enter a number in a cell Excel is now ignoring zeros on the right hand side. For example, if I type 100 <CR> the number 1 appears in the cell. Setting Format Options to two decimal places does not fix this. In that case I will get 1.00. Also, if that cell is used to multiply another the contents of another cell the result is just multiplied by 1. In order for me to get 100 in the cell I must type 100 and a decimal point. TIA, Joe Hi Joe try the following - goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' - uncheck 'fixed decimals...

Using Money on a pocket PC
I am trying to install Money for the pocket pc on my new IPAQ which has the new Pocket PC 2003 Prem as the operating system. After sync - the IPAQ reads "Error - This version of Money for the Pocket PC can only be installed on devices running Pocket PC 2002." I am currently using Money 2003. Can anyone help me? A known problem, which MS hasn't fixed yet. There's a workaround that some folks have used: Follow these instructions and you should be able to install Money for the PPC (2003 version): 1. With the PPC in the cradle and ActiveSync running, start the install...

Lookup Function help
I'm trying to use the Lookup function to return two values in a row E.g.: worksheet1 column A=lookup values (in this example, the lookup value is "3"--whic is listed twice in the column) columns B & C=data to be returned worksheet 2 when the lookup value "3" is found, cells A1 and B1 should contain th values from Sheet1 cells B1 and C1 when the lookup value "3" is found, cells A2 and B2 should contain th values from Sheet1 cells B2 and C2 The formula I have is =VLOOKUP(3,Sheet1!A1:C6,{2,3}). In sheet2, selected cells A1 and B1 and array entered this...

problem using tab
When I hit the tab button the selection jumps several columns over instead of going to the next column. What's strange is that this seems to happen only on one computer in the network and not on the others. The document is shared so I think it is maybe the formatting for that computer's excel. Does anyone know what is going on? Hi Tools > Options > Transition, uncheck "transision navigation keys". HTH. Best wishes Harald (Not knowing what's going on, just how to get rid of it :-) "officebug" <officebug@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i me...

Default value of combo box based on another that uses DLookUp
Hi, I have a problem I'm trying to overcome regarding just one form which gets its data from 1 table. I'm trying to set the default value of a combo box to be the same as another combo box on the same form. The scenario is: I have a form for entering info about financial planning Statements Of Advice. Each client has a Plan Writer prepare their plan. To find the plan writer that last prepared the plan for a client I have a combo box with a DLookUp as its Control Source. =DLookUp("Plan_Writer","qryDefault_Planwriter","[Client]=Form![Client]") I'm usin...

Installation customization help.
I am trying to change the following Outlook 2002 settings for ALL USERS on a Windows XP Pro system. Set editor to Rich Text and do not use Word as e-mail editor. Empty deleted items on exit. Disable Instant Messaging in Outlook. I have already changed the .mst but a un/reinstall doesn't get it done. I have also found the registry keys in HKCU, but placing them in HKU\.DEFAULT has no effect on new users that logon. Any ideas? Thanks, Chris Miller ...

need help- count w/ multiple criteria
--------------752C968DC7D28F3A2ED980B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here's a snippet of my data source TEAM MANAGED OPENED TROUBLE_TICKET_ID MAG Y 4/10/2004 5:30 1253992 MAG Y 4/13/2004 5:18 1253984 MAG Y 4/12/2004 5:08 1253979 MAG Y 4/11/2004 14:10 1253953 MAG N 4/13/2004 3:59 1253947 PWS N 4/13/2004 3:33 1253926 MAG N 4/13/2004 2:59 1253883 IPT N 4/13/2004 2:45 1253871 MAG N 4/13/2004 2:33 1253865 IPT N 4/13/2004 ...

Who is using my app?
I have a split application for which I want to make a change to the shared tables. To do this, I need exclusive access to the app. I came in this Saturday morning at 5:00 am to ensure I would have exclusive access, but no, I was blocked from going into design mode. I presume that one or more users left the app running over the weekend. Is there any way I can find out who might have done this? Some kind of retribution is in order. I have Admin privileges and I know the Account id of all app users. Nobody except myself uses a password. You can determine the name of each computer with ...

SBS 2008 Virtualization Question
Hi All, We have a volume license of SBS 2008 Premium...thus, I would like to install the Server 2008 license on a jacked up server, then activate Hyper-V so I can installed SBS 2008 virtualized. I am getting ready to order a Dell T610 with the following specs. Dual 2.13 Quad Core Processors 16 GB of RAM OS on RAID 1 (300 GB) DATA on RAID 5 (1 TB array) Redundant Power Supply Mainpine 2 port Fax board My questions are the following: 1) How does this hardware config look to all of you? Will this be enough? How much RAM should I allocated to the Server 2008 in Hyper - V r...

OUTLOOK 2000 Closes when using certificate
Morning all We are currentley testing digital certificates (the free one from comodo.com). I have a couple of users on outlook 2000 and when they recieve a digitally signed e-mail Outlook closes when you attempt to view the e-mail. Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Regards Steve Does anyone have any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >Morning all > >We are currentley testing digital certificates (the free >one from comodo.com). I have a couple of users on outlook >2000 and when they recieve a digitally signed e-mail >Outlook closes when you attempt to view th...