HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Hello,
 I have a use who is currently using a Bloomberg DDE add-
in.  Whenever he attempts to activate the add-in to
retreive remote data, the system hangs.  If I go to task
manager, I then see a message stating "Remote data not
accessible.  To access this data Excel needs to open
another program....  I have searched the knowledge base
and didn't find much help.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I
am desperate!!!!  We are currently using Excel 2003 in XP
Professional.

TIA,
Ramissah

new to access
i am fairly new to access 2003, i have created several database, very basic ones, and i am trying to learn how i can enter information in one data base and have it distributed into the rest of them. i manage 4 buildings for a school, ihave one database for each building and i have to enter what rooms i put students in, ihave another database for new arrivals, once there entered in new arrival data base, i then have to enter them in to the proper building, i have one for students checking out, once enterd in the checkout database i have to go into that buildings database and remove them. this i...

Query Help
Ok, I am trying to write a query that basically calculates the same data as the HQ Report labeled "Detailed Sales Report". The only number I want is the final total sales run between two dates. This information is going on a custom report I am creating for my CFO. The query I have so far is this: SELECT sum(transactionentry.price) AS price FROM TransactionEntry INNER JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber = [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID = [Transaction].StoreID INNER JOIN Batch WITH(NOLOCK) ON [Transaction].BatchNu...

Color box unavailable on Patterns tab in "format data series"
I have a user who is working with some charts and can not edit the color box (is grayed out) on the patterns tab in “format data series”. We feel it is a user setting or something because a different user can pull in the same spreadsheet and edit the color of a graph bar just fine… Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions? ...

Selecting or deleting data
Hi all Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether to select o delete data. Eg; A1 = xxx A2 = yyy A3 = zzz & C1 = (Nothing) C2 = (Nothing) C3 = zzz The results in E1,2 & 3 should have data in A1 and A2 but not A3 or C because Column C is for cancelled items and if it data in this colum matches then they should cancel each other out. Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try in E1: =IF(A1=C1,"",A1) and copy this down >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether...

newbie help with instances
I'm working on a program in MSVC++6.0. The program will eventually control a mobile robot. Right now I can draw a grid on the screen and a circle representing the robot. I have a class that contains some variables like x-position and y-position. I can modify those variables from robotView.cpp (which the wizard created), but not from commands.cpp (commands is the form that has my buttons on it). I created an instance in robotView that allows me to access the variables. A similar instance in commands does not change the variables, and I can't access the same instance as in robotView. Whe...

Help with ShowFilter macro
I'm trying to use this ShowFilter UDF written by Tom Ogilvy (see bottom of post). It says to use... =showfilter(B2)&CHAR(SUBTOTAL(9,B3)*0+32) ....in a cell to show the criteria for Column B. For one thing, I don't understand the cells B2 and B3 business. What is supposed to be in those cells? I would like this function to appear in the cell directly above or below the Autofilter menu cell. How do I change the function if the Autofilter criteria menu is in, cell A3, for example, and I want the criteria (this function) to appear just above, in cell A2? After trying all so...

Help! Main Outlook Window Does Not Appear
When I launch Outlook, nothing appears. I can pull up windows for the address book and the reminder screen automatically pops up, but I am not able to see the calendar or e-mail. An icon appears at the bottom of the screen indicating that the program is running. But minimizing and maximizing through that process still does not make the screen appear. In order to exit the program, I have to do the control, alt, delete thing since I cannot see the screen. I know there must be some simple explanation and my fat fingers probably hit a hide button or something, but I cannot find a way ...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

Cannot access certain website
I have no problem surfing internet. But i cannot access only www.ofs.edu.sg in the office. At home no problem. How to troubleshoot such problem? "2Sweet" <chongcmw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#rMwh#$zKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have no problem surfing internet. But i cannot access only > www.ofs.edu.sg in the office. At home no problem. > How to troubleshoot such problem? Refine your symptom description. What does "cannot access" mean? What do you see? FWIW I got a black clock in the Status bar and was imagini...

Define a specific Printer using VBA (Access 2000)
Hello, I am using Access 2000. (No way to change Access version for now) I know that In Access XP can be done this request. I Would like to print to a specific Printer when I open a report in NormalView without changing the default printer (I know how to reset default Printer using VBA. There is an option in PageSetup of every report "Print to a specific printer" but I would like this option to be set for every report by VBA. I thank you in Advance Kon. ...

get xml option in data menu
i can't find the xml option in the data menu? any ideas? using office 2003 sbe. ...

So, I guess I am in need of help with an "IF THEN" statement here... I have 18k records on a sheet. I am trying to 'auto-evaluate' the database - I don't want to send 10 catalogs to 1 address if there are 10 customers. I just want to send 2 for up to 5 customers, 3 for 5+... I don't want to waste that much paper (both capital, and physically, paper). I was hoping I could simply filter down the listings, not from 10 to 1, but from 10 to 3, and from 5 to 2... Does this make sense? Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks, ...

MoveCopy, Unable to create dest.msg
Hi all, I have a user with this message "MoveCopy, Unable to create dest.msg". I have searched the newsgroup and have found others with the same problem, but no resolution. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to go about resolving this?? Thanks in advance Andy ...

Access 2007
Hello All, I just installed Access 2007 and have noticed that I can not scroll through records using the mouse scroll button whereas in the previous version it was possible. Is there anywhere you need to activate this or could this be a problem somewhere? Will appreciate any feedback Thanks and Regards Fakhruddin Zavery See: Scroll records with the mouse wheel in Access 2007 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-70.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps...

Data Entry Form and Subform problems
Hi, I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, it's not working out as planned. I have two tables: tblAccount [AccountID] (PK) [DefaultAddressID] ....more fields tblAddress [AccountID] (Combined PK) [AddressID] (Combined PK) .... more fields tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary key of AccountID and AddressID. tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field. tblDefaultAddre...

Excel 2007 will not start.... all of a sudden.. pls help
Hi, I have Office 2007... All modules were working fine on clicking icons of word,access,excel etc. All of a sudden to day I can not start.. excel.. other programs .. starts. on starting excel. clicking Icon... I get message as follow. " This file does not have a program associated with ith it for performing this actoion. Create an association with set association control Panel. " Also when With window explorer I go in office12 folder clicking excel EXE file doe not start error message this is not win32 file. can somebody help.. or do I have to reinstall Office 2007 ...

after XP-SP2 problems with Outlook Web Access
After XP-SP2 Outlook Web Access reacts strange: If I trie to answer to an email the answer windows (form) hasn't any text field. I already added the Web-Site to trusted sites - but nothing changed. Any ideas? Resetted all the Internet Explorer options and Zone Settings, Cleared the Temporary Internet Files, etc already? If so state your version of OWA and ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service...

Using Access 2003 Run-Time Version
I am trying to use the Access 2003 run-time and almost everything seems to be working just fine. I have noticed however that I seemed to have lost the ability to right click on a report and bring up the options of print/email.... When I right click using the run-time versionm nothing displays (as if the right button is disabled). When I right click using the regular mdb (full access 2003) all the options appear and I am able to print/email/etc at this time. My main question is is there any way to get the right click options back in a run-time version. Thanks That's correct: the run...

repeated data in some columns
Hi there, I'm kind of new to Access and use it only as point-and-click (I have no idea about SQL!). I'm trying to create a query, but it isn't producing the right results. The data describes sample collections from another of locations, many dates and a couple of different projects. I'm trying to limit the query to one location and one project. The data for the query comes from a number of tables. I seem to be doing ok with limiting the location, finding different dates, and only looking at one project. Those columns look fine. However, when I look at the data (coun...

BOB? More Craps HELP #2
Hi Bob Been spending some time on the code you sent and I think I found some errors. Can you check the code below to see what you think? I think it is now working according to the correct rules... Dim cellvalue Sub Craps() 'Excel Craps V1.3 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range("B5:C1000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A4").Select Setup: Application.ScreenUpdating = True [B5] = [B2] Rollem: If (([B5] = 2) Or ([B5] = 3) Or ([B5] = 12)) Then GoTo CrapOut If (([B5] = 7) Or ([B5] = 11)) Then GoTo FirstLucky cellvalue = 0 GoTo NotWinner End NotWinner: ...

Command Button Help
I have created a spreadsheet with multiple command buttons on them. Whenever I print or printpreview, they all move to the left. Why will they not stay in place? How can i get them to stay in place? Thanks for the help!!! http://support.microsoft.com/d�efault.aspx?kbid=838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 There's a link on this URL: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910 How to obtain the hotfix This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix Hotfix Package May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the ...

Change in CTime data member fro 4 bytes to 8 bytes
Hi, I have legacy code that has a structure which has several CTime data members. These data structs were written using VC6. When I try to reade these same structs using VC7.1 (.Net 2003) I get errors, because the CTime class now has a 8 byte rather than a 4 byte data member. My question is can I use a compiler or some other option in .Net 2003 to use the older version of CTime rather than the newer version. The work around of reading the CTime data in as a long and then casting it to a CTime works, but is clugy. Thanks Hi, while it's nice of Microsoft to support CTimes beyond th...

Help #10
I have asked for help twice and have recieved a reply twice. Both times I am unable to see the text. I am directed to click a link to read the reply. it opens a blank window. Please respond using my hotmail address OABenedict@Hotmail.com. Then I should be able to see the text. My origional question is: How do i set the default paper feed to auto when using Publisher 2007? Thank you OAB Bear wrote: > I have asked for help twice and have recieved a reply twice. Both > times I am unable to see the text. I am directed to click a link to > read the reply. it opens a blank wi...

Stop entering data if a specific field is Null
Hi I have a table where there is one field named "Apartment" I have put required Yes for this field. Here is the problem and I am surelly not the first to ask that. Right now, user can fill all fields and when he wants to add a new record, system tells that the "Apartment" field must be entered unless the record will not be saved. To add a new record, user have to click a button. When he clicks, focus goes on the "Apartment" field. What I want is if user don't fill the "Apartment" field he will not be able to go to other fields...

Turn 'On' or 'Off' 'Subtotal' in Access PivotTable Forms
Hi All This is my first time here and am hoping for some assistance. I have an access pivot table in a form and I am able to insert/remove totals and fields in the pivot table. However I am not able to turn 'On' or 'Off' the 'Subtotal' on either the column or row fieldssets using code (ie VBA). Has any one come accross this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks so much Ram ...