HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Hello,
 I have a use who is currently using a Bloomberg DDE add-
in.  Whenever he attempts to activate the add-in to
retreive remote data, the system hangs.  If I go to task
manager, I then see a message stating "Remote data not
accessible.  To access this data Excel needs to open
another program....  I have searched the knowledge base
and didn't find much help.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I
am desperate!!!!  We are currently using Excel 2003 in XP
Professional.

TIA,
Ramissah

sample data wizard fails
Hi, I started the sample data wizard, chose users from the AD, and clicked ok. the wizard thinks, thinks some more, moves the bar to 7% and then: "An error occurred while creating Microsoft CRM business units or users." I get only the option to "ok" and then: "wait while setup rolls back the changes. Check the error log for details" no mention of where the error log is. its not in the event log. any ideas (how to fix the problem - not where the event log)? ...

macro help #12
Hi, I have created a command button in an excel sheet.Now, Im trying to write a macro code that will help a user to locate a particular file in the local directories. i.e When a user clicks the button, a browser window must open up(similar to the 'Save as' button) so that the user can search through the directories & then select a particular file to open it. Could anyone help? Set you button to run the attached code (Bear in mind there is no refinement, error checking in this code) Sub OpenFile() Dim sfname As String sfname = Application.GetOpenFilename() Workbooks.Open Filena...

Extracting data from a worksheet
WinXP, Excel 2000, Novice I have a multi-sheet workbook that I use to track sales and driver earnings for a small courier company (20 drivers). It works well for what I want it to do, but as time goes on my requirements are changing. I don't want to completely redesign my spreadsheet but I need to extract certain data from one or more sheets to create a summary. I actually figured out a way to achieve this from one sheet, but it's not pretty and requires an intermediate sheet whose only purpose is to create the basis for a pivot table. Let me explain. One worksheet is called '...

template with data tracking #2
I created a template using the data tracking wizard. Both the template and database are stored in a network location available to my co-workers. I have no problem creating new files using the template and having the information updated in the database. But it doesn't work for my co-workers. They can create a new file based using the template but when saving the new file there's an error message that says the database file can't be opened. How can I fix this? Dee G ...

Access USb Printer as User?
Hi, just wondering if a ordinary user account under windows xp sp3 can print using a local attached usb printer...(oki c5510 mfp) it is working as administrator, but the user can't print (as soon as he presses a print button, it fails with "cannot print to device..." any help appreciated. regards joerg I have been able to send output to a usb printer from any account ever since I installed the first one... Jim "Joerg Mayer" <masteryoda@gmx.de> wrote in message news:gfmkkg24bp9q.1em4gra69x3kx.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi, > > just wond...

can't access emails
Everytime I open Explorer and try to view my emails, I get the message Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem... then it re-opens Explorer again and when I try to open my email again, it does this same cycle, over and over... I've tried re-booting, but I still get the same results. Any suggestions? ...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 02-23-04
The normal instructions for converting Access 97 are to Access 2000 or 2002-2003. On conversion (it automatically converted to 2000) I am unable to update in 2003 and find no easy or defined way to convert to 2003. Why? and How do I now convert to Access 2003? Tools Database Utilities Convert Database -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "Lou Keller" <ltktlk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:14a4c01c3fa51$0b680fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The normal instructions for converting Access 97 are to > Access 2000 or 2002-2003. On conversion (it automatically > converted to 2000) I ...

Help with Vlookup ??
I am trying to use the Vlookup and am having some problems with it. I have 1 sheet that has my the info I'm search for on 'book1'. Here is my forumla: =VLOOKUP(A6,'[Book1]mar page counts'!$1:$65536,2,TRUE) When I change the column to 1, it actually returns info, if I enter anything other than column 1, I don't get info back, even though I can manually search through book for for a value in column A, and find a value. Any suggestions? Thanks very much!! Steve Uzytkownik "Steve Grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:e9hoNgdQ...

Please help SMTP problems ??
Seeking assistance on this email issue please: We can receive email but it will not send, instead we get a time out error message. Have SBS2003 Premium, ISA installed, Trend Micro CSM Error message extract from Exchange Manager Message Tracking Centre reads as pasted below (saved as XML file): (I have added the ourdomain / otherguysdomain entries for security reasons) This particular email message appeared to bounce around execulink.net for just over two days giving many many entries like that listed above ... before giving time out error. Please help as I don't know how to interpret...

Help with shariing excel file !
Hi, I have strange problem since a few weeks with an excel file I share. This file is stored on aW2003 SBS. It can only be modified by one person (it has a "modify" password is set). The file is *always* opened from the same station, by the same user ! I set this thru : "Save as", then "Tools", "General option". Now, sometimes, when this famous user opens the file, it gets an error, which tells him that... the file is already opened by ... him ! Of course, it can't modify it since the file is exclusive ! I tried to reboot the station, nothing ! The ...

Pls help my report !
Hi folks ! I have met a trouble on my report! I use some textbox to control a groupfooter visible or not ! Let see: Groupheader1 Groupheader2 Groupfooter2 Groupfooter1 In Groupheader2, I add : Textbox1 - Name : CountRecord - ControlSource: = Count(*) - Running sum: No Textbox2 - Name : Item - ControlSource: = 1 - Running sum: over group In GroupFooter2, I have a unbound control In Groupfooter1, I add a textbox : - Name : Countgroup - ControlSource: = [Item] - Running sum: No Please see my code: Private Sub GroupFooter1_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As ...

Need help merging selective data
I've got two worksheets, both of them customer lists with company/contact information. One contains the company name and phone number. The other contains company name and address. The lists contain mostly the same companies, but there are variations. The second list has companies not included in the first, and vice versa. The first list is more accurate. Basically, I want the addresses in the second list to become part of the first list, matched up with the appropriate company name, of course. I need to tell Excel to compare the company name fields and import the address when ...

Locking a field for update once data has been entered.
I need to be able to lock a memo field once a user has input data into it so that it cannot be changed. Can someone please provide me with the code i need to include. Thanks. Two situations to consider. A new record or an existing record where no data has been entered in the memo field. Since you did not specify, I will code it so that it is available for entry until the user has made an entry then moved away from the current record. Then, it will not be editable from a form. If your users have direct access to tables, you really can't prevent it. In the Form Current event, te...

Lost a Folder
Don't know how it happened, but I had a folder in my personal folders called "Travel" where all my travel-related email was directed and now it's gone! Can I retrieve the folder somewhere ? (Outlook 2007 - Windows XP Pro) is it in the deleted items folder? if not, probably not. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange ...

Access Calculations ...HELP!!!
Access 2002: Can you help please with a calculation . I have the following headings Auto number Forename Surname Occup. Regist. Unit 1 Unit 2 Unit 3 Unit 4 Unit 5 Unit 6 Unit 7 004 Cert. percentage What I am trying to do is if I put in a candidate say No 1 John Smith and he does units 4, 6 and 1 the results show up in % But it has got to work so that I can choose any Unit or combination of units to arrive at the correct % also His Friend Jack Doe is not a Bricklayer but is a Carpenter and his qualification is 10 units as well as registration , 004 and certif...

I need help with OWA
in owa exchange 2003 no show body message, but yes display in fordward and reply. ...

Help with graph from exported information
I am trying to graph information from a spreadsheet that has been exported from another program (a time-recording program). It basically puts the information like this: matter 1 - 5 matter 2 - 10 matter 3 - 2 matter 2 - 5 matter 2 - 10 etc etc I want to create a graph that charts the TOTAL of all matter one, etc. I can't figure out how :( Am using Excel 2007. Thank you Susan Try this approach: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ConsolidateData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://Peltier...

Automatic Message Access
I have a program written in MSAccess that manipulates messages with an Outlook (2003) object. As soon as I use a MailItem object I get the following message: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? yada yada yada , and there are controls allowing me to allow access for a duration I select from another control, or to deny access al together. Is there any way for me to turn this feature off - maybe some setting within Outlook? Thank you. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object mode...

HELP- Weird Charting Bug
Greetings, I am plotting a simple xy line chart and have run across some weird behaviour in EXCEL 2002 (SP-2). The reference values are very small (ie y= 1.9347E-166). The x values range from 400-1000. I have the values formatted to Numeric with 4 decimal places. Therefore for the most part the plot should be a flat line running at 0.0000 but for some reason the plot ranges from 0-1.0000. Moving the cursor over the points on the chart, the dialog value shows 0.0000E+00 but the chart reads about 0.98 (see attached). Has anyone seen this before? Could it be the values are somehow wrappi...

cannot open excel file, please help!!!
cannot open excel 2000 file, had repaired with excel 2003 by selecting "open and recovery " in the dialog box, but only columns with numbers visible, not any columns with chinese character visible. possible operation mistake : ( "C" stands for the corrupted file). 1. first open an excel file "A", then double click the file "C" to open it, but failed. close file "A",double click the file "C" again. 2. add data to file "C", then close it. 3.copy original uncorrupted file from desktop to USB Flash Disk, for some reasons,...

Need Help Calling New Instance of MembershipUser Within Custom User Class
Hi. I am getting myself mixed up trying to tie together ASPNET 2.0's MembershipUser and ProfileBase in addition to come custom fields in the same User class. I am close, but am having a hard time accessing the MembershipUser methods - I geek getting "object reference not set to an instance of an object" or errors of that ilk. Could somebody please show me how to tie in MembershipUser into my User class? I am also open to putting both ProfileBase and MembershipUser into an interface but would appreciate if somebody could provide a code example of how to do this i...

Setting Default protocol access
I'd like to set new users to have POP3 disabled by default. I've written a script to disable everyone who's already in AD, but don't want to run the script later becasue we have a service account with a special case need for POP, and I don't want that to be disabled on accident later. Is this possible? Thanks, if nobody needs POP3 you could just turn of the service on Exchange so even though it is "enabled" for all users it isn't accessible anyway. Of course if you need a few folks to have POP access this won't work "Jacob M. Ross" <...

Please help: opening a datastream comma delimited
Hello Anyone help? I'm trying to open a data stream in excel from my own remote server which uses comma delimitation and I'm trying to get Excel to open as such, instead of sticking all the data in one column. Someone suggested the code below might work from but on 'startrow' it throws up a 'compile error' that 'named argument is not found'. Anyone have an idea how to do it? I'm no expert. Workbooks.Open Filename:="http://x.x.x.x:8085/ppui/resultscsv?CUSTOMER=BOOKINGID=8165806", Origin:=437, Startrow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifi...

PivotChart Data Field
I have a data set of nodes that generated error codes at different times. I want to plot the data with a separate series for each error code, with time on the x-axis and node on the y-axis. I want to use a PivotChart so I can select to show only certain error codes or nodes of interest. I am having trouble setting up the PivotChart (Excel2000). I can't do it as a scatter plot (not allowed for PivotCharts), so I chose Line with Markers. The problem is the data field - the available options are like Sum, Count, Average, etc. but I want it to be Value, as in the value of the node....