Help Please #8

Thanks For The Info :

--
mikeee
mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26424

Pls help Asset Allocation Question
My brother is 51 years and his wife is 46 yrs old. He is thinking of buying a home. He is not sure of how much of his total wealth / net worth should be in Stocks and Real estate Someone told him that cash and bonds aside, real estate and Stocks ( incl stock mutual funds) should be approx 50% each Since both stocks ( incl stock mutual funds) and real estate are more volatile, he was told to split that portion of his net wealth.. 50% each. Pls let me know if this is generally speaking, approximately correct...because I know it is difficult to be absolutely correct in these things with s...

Out of Office Assistant #8
I have a user that is reporting that her out of office assistant is not responding to all the emails that she receives. She indicates that the responses are random. Any information on this? Ask the user if the responses are being sent to only internal recipients, or to both external and internal recipients. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052d01c36c12$c8772b10$a101280a@phx.gbl, Cindy wrote: > I have a user that is reporting that ...

Internet Explorer 8 Goes black every few seconds
I just upgraded from windows vista 64 bit to windows 7 64 bit. Every few seconds the screen goes black, then flashes 4 times, then comes back to the web like nothing happened. It never did this with windows vista. It is really annoying please help! Computer is a I7, 9 gig of ram, 1 gig video Does this only happen in IE and no other application? Win7-specific forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 Dave wrote: > I just upgraded from windows vista 64 bit to windows 7 64 bit. > > Every few seconds the screen goes black, then f...

Need Help of How to do a Filter
I am having problems conceptualizing how I can do a specific filtering of a pivot table. Below is a sample pivot table that has various colors assigned to each case number. I want to be able to filter this pivot so that it only shows full records that contain Green. Here is the initial pivot: Case# Color 1 Red 1 Blue 1 Green 2 Yellow 2 Blue 3 Green 3 Yellow 4 Blue 4 Yellow Here is my desired result (Cases that contain Green): Case# Color 1 Red 1 Blue 1 Green 3 Green 3 Yellow Could someone please advise me of how I might accomplish this. Thanks much ...

Error 3051 Help Please
I have developed an Access 2007 database (split into fe/be) and have access set to shared and no locks. When I place the BE on the server and try to connect the FE (on user PC) linked tables it is resulting in a error 3051. I have opened 5 differnet versions of the FE on my PC (FE and BE on the pc) without any issues. Is this error most likely the result of permissions on the server or is there something else I need to look at? Any hints/tips would be appreciated. SK, First things ti look at... Make sure you are not opening the database in Exclusive mode and that it is ...

Entities with Multiple Entries - or Campaigns?
I hope someone out there will be kind enough to help me with this dilemma. Sorry this is lengthy but hopefully the description will make it easier to offer assistance. :-) We do a number of "marketing events" to which we invite clients and prospects. I've been reading a number of posts and thought I would be brilliant and create a new entity called "Marketing Events." In my dream I thought I would be able to create a list of events on one screen, then within contacts I would be able to select an event that a person had attended. Again, in my dream, I had th...

Voting buttons (Outlook 2000)
Hi, I have a problem whereby staff members are excessively clicking vote buttons either by accident or to try and fiddle the results by sending multiple responses. I was wondering whether it is possible to have a voting button delete the message once clicked (as happens upon acceptance of a meeting request), at all? If not do you have any other thoughts on how I might get around this issue, please? Many thanks in advance, Adam J. It can be done with code behind the form in the CustomAction event = handler, but that will be an option only if you're publishing these = voting button ...

Permission problem with public folder
Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 (Office 2000) clients. Heres what happened: I exported the public folder to a pst file from the old Exchange 2000 server. Logged on as administrator on the new exchange server, I imported the file to the public folder on the new server. When I attempt to change information logged on as a user, I get the following error: "Your changes could not be saved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in this folder. Do you want to save a copy of this item in the default folder fot the item?" I went into Outlook and set the ...

Help!
I can insert clip art corners into the margin areas when using Word 2007. I cannot see how to do this using Excel 2007. The result is that the inserted corners partially cover the cell content. I need to produce a syllabus tommorrow using this kind of layout. regards, Beemer Copy the spreadsheet "table" to Word beemer wrote: > I can insert clip art corners into the margin areas when using Word 2007. > I cannot see how to do this using Excel 2007. The result is that the > inserted corners partially cover the cell content. > > I need to produce a syll...

need excel worksheet help, running total based on date
I am trying to add a series of numbers in different worksheets(same spreadsheet) based upon the date. I don't want the future numbers in the total until the date they are associated with is passed. i.e. in A1 of each worksheet is 200. Each worksheet is titled by date (Mar 5, Mar 19, etc) I want the running total to reflect the amount to the current date. If it's March 18th, the totals would be only thru the worksheet of Mar 5. Any help is appreciated. My solution needs 2 cells, one of which may already be in use: You need a cell on each of the dated sheets that...

Argh. Please Help
How the #@^%$&#^% do I copy a formula from one cell to the next? I've got ten values I want to average, and have the average show in an 11th column. No problem, I can do that. However, I've got 20 rows of these ten columns. In the past, I've simply highlighted the cell (let's say K1) in which the formula resides, which would read: =AVERAGE(A1:J1). Then dragged the little black square on the bottom of the cell selection down to fill in the cells K2 through K whatever. It would copy the formula into each K cell, so it would say: =AVERAGE(A2:J2) for row 2, =AVERAGE(A...

xsd:any help needed
I've got the following really simple schema : <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:503A2B4E-B364-47a4-AE5C-16E727275A70" xmlns:mstns="urn:503A2B4E-B364-47a4-AE5C-16E727275A70" xmlns="urn:503A2B4E-B364-47a4-AE5C-16E727275A70" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:element name="SMSAdapter" > <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="phone" type=...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.4.8 for Windows/Linux/Unix
Download page: http://rapidshare.com/files/118192521/NewsMaestro_4.4.8_Src.zip (Hit Free button to download. For some download managers you need to open the .html file it downloaded to do actual download.) * Documentation update. * Bug fix in Archive 2 HTML generator while doing ReChapter. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFCs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed. As an automated tool to do anything you...

File Attachment Help !
I have created table to keep a track of attached file info. Fields are : CustID, FileName,FileLocation In my main form I have created “Attached File” button – (to attach file – should attach more than one) and “View Attachment” - (to view all attached file) button. I have created two list box – one to view the list of attached file (Current attachment). And other to view the list which is already there (previously attached) I need to allow users to upload attachments (docs, jpgs, tifs, etc.) to a network drive. And View the attachment when click on “View Attached File” but...

Counting formula help needed!
I'm attempting to do a spreadsheet to show our turnover data. I have sheets titled Terms, Hires, 1st Shift, 2nd Shift and 3rd Shift. My terms and hires sheets have a columns for name, shift and month of term/hire. My shift sheets have the months listed down the left side. I need a formula to count the number of 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift employees termed/hired in each month (i.e. count the number of 1's in the shift column and 1's in the month column, etc.). Once I have the initial formula, I can copy and make changes where needed. I've tried everything I can th...

How to alphabetize 8 columns as one?
I have a list of 350 customers that references a grid location. I need to print this list in 8 columns to minimize the pages that print with the map. To get this to print, I have been cutting and pasting; very time consuming when 1 item changes. How can I sort the columns to avoid redoing the print copy each time? The easist way will be to have the actual data stored as a single column. Let's say its located in column A, starting at A1. If you want to make 8 columns, with a limit of 45 entires per column, you could use this formula: =INDEX($A:$A,ROW(A1)+(COLUMN(A1)-1)*45) ...

Help!
and the on-line documentation doesn't give the right help. Outlook on a client machine was set to send an automatic reply to any sender saying that the manager is away on holidays. The program works through the Exchange server on a Windows 2003 server (as required). The version of the Exchange Server is 6.## running on server 2003 R2. I am away from the computers as I write this but I also configured the Exchange Server to do auto replies. Sending a test message to the manager's e-mail user name as configured does not produce an auto reply as it's supposed to. I...

Help with special Excel mail merge...
Hi. I'm looking for a way to replace some variable names in an HTML file with row data from an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to create one HTML file per row of data. I tried doing this using the mail merge feature of Microsoft Word and was pleased until I ran into two problems: 1. The MS Word mail merge does not substitute an image in place of an image name. 2. The final results are printed, whereas I would like each row result to be saved into a separate file. Is there any app (preferably freeware) that can extract Excel row data and replace each specified HTML variable with...

Pls Help me for install different version office on one computer
As I have old version of account software I must keep MSWord 2000 & MSExcel 2000 on my computer. However,I only get license of standard version of office(without access 2000) I try to install office office XP(with access xp) on my computer. So I install office xp (choose access xp only) and I keep excel 2000 & word 2000 on the computer. However I found that I can't use " export" function to excel2000 on access xp. when I do it so,the computer become hang and no response.and then I can't open excel again. Thx help me for doing so I don't know if this will hel...

Drop Down boxes #8
I want to create a drop down box where if no options are used within the drop down, then you are able to type your own answer You can enter any item in a cell with a data validation list, if you remove the check mark from 'Show error alert after invalid data is entered', on the Error Alert tab in the Data Validation dialog box. The box is shown here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal04.html#Error Brian wrote: > I want to create a drop down box where if no options are used within the drop down, then you are able to type your own answer -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ...

Help with Page Life Expectancy
hi I am using 32bit SQL Server 2005 and SP3 applied and hosted with VMWare Hi i have a situation where Page Life Expectancy counter shows a consistent average of 70 seconds when running the perfmon. I read that this should be > 300 seconds on average Buffer Cache Hit Ratio = 99% Memory grants pending = 0 lazy writes/sec = 0 i am trying to find out what queries are causing this but i'm not sure how to go about doing it. does anyone have a suggestion of what to run and look for? Derek Identify the queries consuming (or that will consume) the most memory select req...

help with schema for xml data from exchange server

help with quote program using muliple prices for one quantity {cross post}
Okay, Forgive me ahead of time, I really don't know much about Excel. I can work with templates and create simple formulas but alot of what I read here comes across as "Excelspeak" to me. Here is what I want to do: I have a price list sheet created. This price list has cells labled by name and then "duration", basically for every item there are four prices, based on duration of a rental or sale. I want to create a quote program that will pull data from the price list based on the quantities entered in the quote program. For example Price list is "System A, des...

Help needed with Data Validation.
I have a workbook that contains a Template sheet and several copies of it, N01 - N0X. I need to control what can be entered in certain cells in N01 - N0X, so need to use Data > Validation > List. I also want users to be able to enter their own free form text in some cells, so have to use named ranges, and include a blank cell within the range. I have a separate sheet 'Validation' so as to be able to only have to update this one sheet and have the changes reflected in the drop down options in the template and all copies. I have played around with this and am now co...

HELP #2
I recently cleaned my hard drive to the bone and reinstalled everything on my Windows 98SE computer. Now when I run Publisher 2000, after about 15 seconds up pops a window that says, "There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to try reinstalling it?" I have the stand alone version of Publisher 2000. I've tried the "Repair" option without success. Isn't the Ofc Asst the paper clip in Word? I have Word 97. Anyone know the fix? -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! OFF2000: &q...