http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/posting.htm

Manges

--
mangesh_yada
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1047
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37476

Help making BINGO cards

formula help #8
The following formula queries and totals information on a specified sheet. In this case the specified sheet name is 2003 I have several sheets (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.....) I would like to have the value for the sheet name in the formula reference a cell in which I could type in the name of the sheet I want to query. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this. Just changing the '2003' in the formula to the reference cell doesn't work. (FYI - the reference cell will be L1) =SUMIF(('2003'!H2:I400),+(H3),('2003'!D2:I400)) TIA Mike =SUMIF((INDIRECT("'...

Negative Numbers in Brackets
Hi, I have read every questions and replies on this site in order to get my negative numbers to show in brackets and nothing works. I am desparate. The regional settings are changed to indicate negative numbers in brackets but when I try formatting the cells in Excel, I cannot get the numbers to show in brackets. I have Windows XP, Office 2003. Please help me... Thanks. Are they seen as numbers at all? Widen the cell, don't force any aligment, are the numbers left or right aligned, if they are left they are seen as text you can also try =ISTEXT(cell) if it returns TRUE they a...

help with disp interfaces
I'm familiar with COM concepts, but haven't programmed it in a few years and never really got into dispatch interfaces. I'm trying to get at the DHTML in a page being displayed in a CHtmlView (trying to display an MRU). I've overloaded OnDocumentComplete(), used GetHtmlDocument to get a dispinterface to my DHTML Document object, and want to use the getElementById() method on that. To call that method, I'm first using GetIDsOfNames() to get the dispid for that method and its parameters, then calling Invoke(). Phew!! I've struggled partway through, I can get the dispi...

Calculating Averages
Hi, I am using the newest version of Excel on Windows 7, and I need some help with a complex calculation. In cells A1-A100, I have dollar amounts ranging from $1-$1000. In cells B1-B100, I have percentages ranging from 0%-100%. I want to break out the cells in A1-A100 in several groups, like follows: $1-$99, $100-$199, $200-$299, and so on up to $1000. Then, I need to calculate the average percentage for jobs in those categories. So, for the category of $1-$99, lets say there are two cells with amounts in that range, A1 and A2. Their percentages in B1 and B2 are 40% and 6...

Hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog
Hello, Could you tell me, how can I hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog in the wizard mode? I want to appeare just Back, Next, Cancel and Finish button in the dialog. I don't need to the Help button. By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. Thank you so much, Monica. Hello Monica, > By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. This should work. You need to remove it from each of the property pages as well. Here is the link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccor...

Customized Help Content
If you have multiple organizations on the same deployment, how can you customize the help content for each organization. The reason that I would want to do this is that each organization might have a different layout on the forms and different fields that the users are supposed to track. The help files are all stored as phyical files on the server so I am not sure how to make them organization specific. Thanks, Dan ...

Outlook 2003 just closes down by itself
Hi, Outlook 2003 (SP3, all updates) goes along happily, then just closes down by itself. This behaviour seems to have happened since the Microsoft April security updates, but that might not have anything to do with it. Any one have any pointers I can explore please? Thanks, Steve Maincat wrote: > Hi, > > Outlook 2003 (SP3, all updates) goes along happily, then just closes down by > itself. This behaviour seems to have happened since the Microsoft April > security updates, but that might not have anything to do with it. What happens if you load Outlook in its safe...

Urgent!Need help with creating a Christmas PowerPoint slideshow
I'm creating a Christmas PowerPoint slide show of my family,can someone tell me where I can download free Christmas templates for my presentation? And I want to put this PowerPoint slideshow on Youtube to share with all my relatives and friends. I tried to upload an.PPT file to Youtube but failed, any idea? Thanks Dwight, There are some templates on office online: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=CHRISTMAS&sc=4&av=ZPP -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Dwight" <Dwight@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht new...

HELP!!! #4
My computer crashed... I'm recovering my files from my hard drive, but I never did backups to save my email. I had thousands of emails in Outlook... is there any way to retrieve those? By the way, I had to connect my old hard drive to another PC and access my hard drive in that manner. >-----Original Message----- >My computer crashed... I'm recovering my files from my >hard drive, but I never did backups to save my email. I >had thousands of emails in Outlook... is there any way to >retrieve those? >. > Look for file(s) with a *.PST extension. Location...

Formula Help
Hi Folks: I have a row of 6 columns to add (E thru J) The values of each cell goes from 0 to 5 in 0.5 increments. If the value of E is less than 1.5, I'd like to just do s straight addition (max value 30.0) If the value of E is greater than 2.0, then I would like to double the added value of get 60.0 What I'm using is =IF(E12<2,,(E12+F12+G12+H12+I12+J12)*2) which works. . . However, if E12 is under 2.0, then it evaluates to 0 instead of 30 Any help wd be appreciated - Thanks Maybe... =MAX(30,(SUM(e12:j12)*2))*(1+(e12>2)) or =MAX(30,(SUM(e12:j12)*2))*if(e12>2,2,1...

Help Query.
Hi, I have 2 tables, one it has customers who are past due and another table that has customers who have paid and not past due after a certain period. My objective is to find the customers who hasn't paid yet. I did a query, joined by account #, this query will return customers who has paid after they were past due. But I am looking for account IDs of customers who are still past due. Anyway to do this? Thansk for the help! Try the query wizard about finding unmatched rows. It seems you need rows from the first table that are NOT in the second table. Hoping it may help, Vander...

Opening help starts RMS installation
Whenever I try to open help on any office or windows program the RMS installer executes. Any ideas? Happened to me, too. What I did is let the dialog go through it's motions, then when it asks for the install disc put it in the drive and find the file - you may have to search the disc for the file first so you know where it is. This usually only hapopens once, but keep the install disc handy because I had to do the same thing when I clicked "Help" for Excel, Quickbooks, and a few others. It wasn;t asking for those install files, it still wanted the RMS install files. ...

Help! Search & Replacing time formats
Hi I have a whole spreadsheet full of fields similiar to the following 10:00AM 12:15PM 2:25PM 4:40PM 7:00PM 9:20PM 10:00PM 12:20PM 2:25PM 4:30PM 7:15PM 10:00AM 12:30PM 2:45PM 9:15PM 10:40AM 1:10PM 5:00PM 7:20PM 9:35PM etc. I need to convert all times to 24 hour, and drop the AM & PM. The later is easy, but how do I do a quick Search & Replace without incorrectly converting 10:**AM to 22:** etc. Any tips would be appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly fro...

Formaula for less than date and name begins with...!!! HELP!!!
IM trying to create a formula that gives me a total count for cells that are less than 02/05/10 and the name begins with FHLM, heres what i came up with... =COUNTIF(E:E,">="&DATE(1900,1,1))-COUNTIF(E:E,">="&DATE(2010,2,5))+COUNTIF(E:E,DATE(2010,2,5))-COUNTIF(U:U,"FHLM*") I keep gettin a bunch of ###### or 0, depending on how I move the data around.. Any ideas???? =SUMPRODUCT(--(E1:E100<=DATE(2010,2,5)),--(LEFT(U1:U100,4)="FHLM")) "Senor Martinez" wrote: > IM trying to create a formula that gives me...

Marco help
Hi all gurus, below is code for a button so once pressed it will send an email to the relevant people and information is contained within the email. What i now want it to do is add an hyperlink to the location of the files so the user can press on the link and open a folder on the server. The file path is: M:\Procurement\Sub Contract Submissions Hope this is possible!! If Response = vbYes Then Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") OutApp.Session.Logon Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) strbody = "Sub Contract Submissions...

I'm a newbie please help with my function
I have an excel spreadsheet that has 2 columns of numbers side by side. I want a formula that counts the number of times the number in colum one are larger than the number that is right beside it in column two. After it counts it I want to display the total number that are large in a seperate cell. Is this possible. I cruised around the forum an I did not see what I was looking for so any help would be appreciated -- colincanno ----------------------------------------------------------------------- colincannon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26...

help! Can't open money file
"money has detected you did not close your money file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file" When I click yes I get: "the email address or password is incorrect. Please try again." any suggestions? sorry forgot to mention: Money 2005 Windows XP "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:wHc_e.75951$Jp.2009910@twister.southeast.rr.com... > "money has detected you did not close your money file before exiting. > Money now needs to verify the information in your file" > > Wh...

Help needed #3
Many thanks to JE McGimpsey Solved my problem -- okane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- okanem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=930 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27656 ...

Help with "base unit" in chart axis
I have two charts. In one, when I go to "format axis" I can enter the min and max scale as dates and the entry remains as dates when I come back. I can also set the "base unit" a major and minor grid line in days, weeks, months, etc. The second chart, I do not have a base unit drop down box, and although I can enter dates in the max and min in date format and they work, when I come back the entries are in days since the start of time (38353 in 1/1/2005) And I cannot specify the units of major and minor grid lines, they are just units. Which makes it awkward for minor gi...

Broken links don't show old data. Help!
I have a spreadsheet in an email attachment that no longer shows old data from broken links after upgrading to Office XP. The data is there, and displays while the "Update links" dialog box is up, but no matter what I choose the data then disappears into a sea of #REF when I dismiss the dialog box. How can I get the old data to show again? Thanks. -Mark ...

550 Errors HELP!!!!
With one particular client that we send email to, thier end keeps bouncing ALL emails from us. The NDR comes back as- MTP 550 error <EXCHANGESERVER.domain #5.5.0 smtp; 550 Hacked HELO: you are not EXCHANGESERVER.domain>. Sounds like most likely they are doing reverse lookups, and the fqdn presented in the HELO command does not match the PTR record, or you have a missing PTR record. Run a report of your domain at dnsreport.com and it should highlight any problems you have. Post back with what those problems are and we can help identify how to fix them. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange...

Workflow advice please
hi I have a workflow rule set up which says when a phonecall changes status update the subject to a value. If i create a phone call , save it and then save it as completed , the workflow rule workd. If i create a phone call and enter all the relevant fields and save it as completed straight away the workflow rule does not work.. Can someone please advice me on this. the example is when phone call is create if phonecall. action = 1 and phone call.keyword = 2 then wait for 0 min after phonecall.created on update:phonecall.subject = 1and 2 end Kind Regards Ridhima I expect that the pro...

Conditional Format Help Needed
I would like to apply a Conditional Format based on two factors. Currently I have two different Conditions set up. Condition 1: =IF(IF($G2="Ready to Publish",1,0)=1,1,0) This format successfully works to gray out and cross out text that matches "Ready to Publish." Condition 2: =MOD(ROW()-1,2)=0 This format applies alternating row fills for easier viewing. While both of these formulas work, my problem is Condition 1 overrides Condition 2 when "Ready to Publish" is detected. Is there a way to combine the two formulas so they wouldn't overr...

Help Locking Worksheet #2
Not working. I highlight the data area then go to tools/protec worksheet. After I protect the worksheet the cell focus stil continues on the same row instead of going to the next row. I can' lock the entire worksheet -- jlabshe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jlabsher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27359 Did you uncheck locked under format>cells>protection for the highlighted data beforte you protected the sheet? Rega...