Help please #10

thank you it works eventhough Ihave to customize it to my specs.
Concerning the possibilities my number list is 6 to 9 digits with
almost  no chance of repeating so it should a little easier. But i can
run it overnight.

much appreciatted!!

--
mik00725
mik00725's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16169

Help with Input Mask
Hello, I'm a complete newbie trying to design a relatively simple data base for organizing choir music. I need to store arranger and composer names and be able to search for them. I will not need to track or display first and last names separately, so I would rather not use separate fields. But I need to have the data input consistently. Is there a way to create an input mask or validation rule to insure "Last name, First Name" format? Thank you, -- Leslie On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:12:00 -0700, leslie1165 wrote: > Hello, > > I'm a complete newbie trying t...

Need help with modifying VLookUp
I need some help with modifying a VLOOKUP function. I have the following data in cell range E1:G9. Col_E Col_F Col_G ===== ===== ===== Richard 1 A Richard 2 B Richard 3 C Sue 4 D Sue 5 E Sue 6 F Tom 7 G Tom 8 H Tom 9 I Cell A1 will have either one of the 3 names: Richard, Sue, Tom Then, in cell range A15:B17, I want to show the associated values of either name: - F1:G3, or - F4:G6, or - F7:G9 So, if A1 = ...

need help with formula #7
I have a date counting formula for figuring out number days, or months, or years left befor retirement. By placing the date of retirement and todays date it will tell the user the number of years, or the number of months, or the number of total days left. Now I also have number of working days. I figure useing a formula to subtract the number of weekend days 104 plus 15 days for vacation from a full year. My problem is that if they have less than a year, I need a formula to figure out how many weekend days off are between the retirement day and the present day. Thanks in advance. Chec...

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

uploading a website, dumb stuff, but I need help
This is my first time, and go figure, Verizon is no help (my ISP). How can I make it work. I'm dumfounded. I created the html files in Publisher, but when I upload them using WS FTP, only the default (1st) page works, and none of the links work. How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using? -- I'm going to guess you are using version 2002. I recommend you review my 2002 tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm I also recommend you use our forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosi...

Please help me!!! Migrating from Outsourced Exchange to In-House
Hello I am faced with a rather difficult task and dilemma. Here is my scenario: My company currently hosts Microsoft Exchange 2003 with a third-party solution that hosts several thousand accounts from different companies on the same exchange server. We have built an in-house exchange server that is ready for deployment. I need to know the best and most seamless way to transition from the outsourced company to our in-house exchange so that mail delivery is not disrupted. The email address and domain name will remain the same. I have contacted several companies that offer tools for e...

HELP RE: DISPLAY CHECK NUMBER ON PAYEE REPORT WITH
How do I get a historic payment reoport for a specific payee including check number, date, amount, and payee name? ie: "Car Loan Payment history for the period 1/1/01 thru today" Payee: Check # : Date: Amount: (and perhaps a running total or a final total) I think I have tried all the built in reports and can't find one to do this or modify existing to do this. I see this information in the "view payee details" window, listed in the format I require but when I select PRINT all that prints is the bar graph that is also displayed on this page. I ca...

CONCATENATE involving CHAR(13) and CHAR(10): "" marks when copy/paste to text editor [???]
The result of this formula: =CONCATENATE("#1=",W4,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),"GOTO665",CHAR(13),CHAR(10),"N5",Y4) has quotation marks when copy pasted into a text editor, like so: "#1=2 GOTO665 N553" You can see that the CR/LF comes out but it adds the quotation marks. Is there any cure for this? Thanx, -plh PS: I tried using only CHAR(13) in place of CHAR(13),CHAR(10) and also CHAR(10) only, and also using cell references in place of the literal strings, that is: =CONCATENATE($Y$1,W3,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),$AA$1,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),$Z $1,Y3) but the result was the sam...

Help #7
Sir, Question1. How to recover or check consitency using eseutil and other console commands? Question 2. At Present Exchange Server is in Live containing Database of 110 users Can We do clustering in exchange to fail over recovery. Did it will affect the existing data base Waiting for your reply regards Sathish kumar Hi, Eseutil is located at "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN". This utility can be used for several things go to this directory then run eseutil, it will display all the options available. You can do exchange cluster, but you need to make sure you got Exchange E...

Help with this code please !!!!!!!
I have use the code set below in other files but in this new file I am getting an error on "Cells.Select". "Select method of Range class failed" Any idea whats going on? Sheets("Completions Summary").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False Range("A4").Select are you sure you have the sheet name correct? no need to select, i'd use something like this: With Worksheets("Completions Summary").Cells .Copy ...

help with weekdays between two dates
A little rusty with access - been away for a while. Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between two dates. a simple function of somekind using the date or count functions? Be great if it did stat holidays too but I know that's asking more than is possible? JT "Jim" <jimt@pioneers.ca> wrote in message news:2rWAj.66322$pM4.15431@pd7urf1no... >A little rusty with access - been away for a while. > > Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between > two dates. > > a simple function of somekind us...

Excel help>>>>>
Hey all :) i'm new to this forum and have a question. I'm working with windows and doors in wood in my own firm. I use excel to calculate the price and also to calculate the windows frames. So here is the question : is it in any way to get excel to draw the frames for the windows based on what i set for Width and Height or is it not possible ?? Something like this : http://www.windowmaker.com/eng/udd2.htm Thanks for any reply. :) -- Globel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Globel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

In Account Overview report, increase display of Contacts from 10 to 20
Hi all, I am making a custom version of the Account Overview report and, among other changes, increasing the number of Contacts displayed from 10 to 20. This is the code that I found that does it: "=IIF(Fields!fullname.Value = "(Limited to 10 contacts) - - ",ReportItems!txtlimited10con.Value,Fields!fullname.Value)" Can anyone please tell me how to change it to do what I want? If I change the 10s to 20s and I build I get this error message: "The value expression for the textbox 'txtAddcontacts' refers to the report item 'txtlimited20con'. Report item...

Date Help
I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell J6 the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Malcolm Hi, use this formula instead =if(C6="","",$C$6) "Malcolm" wrote: > I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in > cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and ...

Help with debugging query (Rolling Average)
Hi I'm trying to do a rolling average on data that is ordered by a date time column. I'm after adivce about how best to do this, I've tried this - SELECT Time, ValueX, (HOUR(Time) * 3600 + Minute(Time) * 60 + Second(Time)) As TickTock (SELECT Avg(ValueX) FROM My_Table WHERE TickTock Between (TickTock) AND (TickTock) + 30) AS RollingAverage FROM My_Table; Basically my thinking was that it would be easier to work on this datetime data as Seconds, So that my rolling average can be based on 10, at 3 second intervals When I try this I get nothing in my RollingAverage box and also a...

Help with query-dont want to see dupes
I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. The field to compare is ContactID On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:02:51 -0700, "Rob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product >between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear >multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. > >The field to compare is Contac...

insert blank row every 10 rows
Is it possible to insert a blank row every 10th row starting from row 11 and going until the last and variable row of data? maybe this? Sub test() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim lastrow As Long Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1") lastrow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Do Until lastrow < 11 If lastrow Mod 10 = 0 Then ws.Rows(lastrow).Offset(-9).EntireRow.Insert End If lastrow = lastrow - 1 Loop End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "aileen" &...

Attachments 04-20-10
How do I include a photo attachment without the photo showing up in the main body of the message. Can you sent the photo attachment so you have to select the attachment to open it? Certain graphic attachments are /displayed/ in a separate section underneath the message body as a convenience to the user. If you don't want to see this separate section: OE Tools | Options | Read | Read all message in plain text (check/enable this option). Will S. wrote: > How do I include a photo attachment without the photo showing up in the > main > body of the message...

Please Help: Character Insertion
Hello: I have an excel database full of product from my supplier. One of th columns contains UPC codes. A full UPC code is 11 digits, but for som reason my supplier omits the number zero in which the first number i zero. Right now, I have half a list of correct 11 digit codes, and th other half I need to insert a zero in front og very first digit. I there any way for me to do this in bulk instead of doing one by one? for example 12345678999 9999999999 (I need zeroes entered on these in the beginning -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe change the format to custom 00000...

SendMessage Question/Problem
I have a dialog box with a toolbar subclassed in it that has a combo box. I have embedded the toolbar in a static control on the dialog box. When an item in the combo box is selected, I am getting the OnSelChange message being triggered in the subclassed tool bar class. I then get the item that was selected and call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY......) In the dialog box I have a ON_NOTIFY message command for the IDR_TOOLBAR. when I debug the OnSelChange method in the subclassed toolbar class, I can see it setting up the call, but when I place my cursor and do run to cursor in the O...

Can someone help me print a 4 up post card in publisher 2007
I have been trying to print 4 postcards on a page but can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I'm a Publisher 2000 user and this is how I would do it using 8�"x11" stock. File Page Setup Special Size Width 5.5" Height 4.25" OK Create Postcard File Print Page Options button (lower left corner of Print window) Select Print multiple copies per sheet Custom Options button All margins set to 0" OK OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "JustAlice" <JustAlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7FC53C-3357-41FB-B650-...

Query Criteria 02-10-10
I have a query in which I only want the top 10 stores for item velocity for multiple groups. I have used the top value and max criteria but it only brings back the top or max for the entire dataset, not for each group within the data. What am I missing??? Post your table and field names with datatype that you would use in the query along with sample data (need not be real but workable). -- Build a little, test a little. "gabbyccf" wrote: > I have a query in which I only want the top 10 stores for item velocity for > multiple groups. I have used the top...

Public Folder Replication Problem [need help]
I'm 90% done migrating my Exchange 2003 server to new hardware, I'm having trouble finishing this step - replicating the Public Mail Store.. I've added the new server to the replication tab in ESM, the folders are showing up under the new server, and are in sync! However in ESM when I go Administrative Groups -> First Admin Group -> Folders -> Public Folders, there is a list here.. this list is what shows on Outlook clients under "public folders".. when I right click this folder and say Connect to.. and select the new server's public mail store, I get ...

Re: HELP ! Browser disaster !!
Clarification: I meant do a System Restore to a point in time PRIOR in time to saving those test files below, obviously. Bill in Co. wrote: > Daave wrote: >> Trying to untangle this web... >> >> Ken Blake, MVP wrote: >>> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:54:55 -0700, "Bill in Co." >>> <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote: >>> >>>> HeyBub wrote: >>>>> Bill in Co. wrote: >>>>>> Yes, I know you said that, but I asked specifically about what >>>>>> would be the cons...