Help on Macro to hide empty rows

Hi,  I have a spreadsheet I created for an administrator that has many
extra rows with pre-set formulas. When we print though, there are a lot
of empty rows in between the relevant data. I am trying to build a macro
that will hide any row where column A is empty, then print, and then
unhide them again. Below is the macro I have so far. But it does
nothing! Any help or suggestions are appreciated as I haven't written
macros in years. (I have latest version of Excel on Windows Vista.)

Sub PrintOrmondBeach()
'
' PrintOrmondBeach Macro
Sheets("Ormond").Select
Dim x As Integer
' Set numrows = number of rows of data.
NumRows = Range("A1", Range("A1").End(xlDown)).Rows.Count
Range("A1").Select
For x = 1 To 300
If Ax = " " Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
' Selects cell down 1 row from active cell.
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Next
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1
Sheets("Print").Select
End Sub

--
nLeBlanc21
0

Option Explicit
Sub PrintOrmondBeach()

    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim myRng As Range

    With Worksheets("Ormond")
        Set myRng = .Range("A1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))

        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            If Trim(myCell.Value) = "" Then
                myCell.EntireRow.Hidden = True
            End If
        Next myCell

        .PrintOut
    End With

End Sub

I wouldn't be surprised that the cells in column A that look empty don't really
contain space characters.  I'd bet that they were really empty.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
nLeBlanc21
0

--
nLeBlanc21
0

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

VB Macro #2

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Macros not performing correctly
I recorded a macro to place a vlookup formula in four cells that are side by side. When I run the macro it only performs the first task, it does not go on to do the other three. I used the tab key to go to the next cell while recording the macro, I don't know if that's why it's not working or if it's something else. The script looks like this: Sub EERates() ' ' EERates Macro ' Macro recorded 3/4/2005 by BCBSOK ' ' ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],Sheet1!R3C1:R102C2,2,0)" Range("F15").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C...

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

Bank One Download is not working

help #2

problem opening up program/file

Credit Card Downloading HELP!
I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006. I download my 20 credit card transactions in QIF format. Money says it has 20 to review so I click that and they simply do not appear in the register! The the heck?!? I've tried quite a few things already to no avail. Deleted history and temp, deleted the statement and previous transactions/statements, repaired my money file a few times, tried to import in a different file but it just doesn't show up. Suggestions please...tia In microsoft.public.money, lucas.allen@gmail.com wrote: >I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006....

Errror Help: character ' ', hexadecimal value 0x2 is illegal in xml documents
what does this error mean? how can i fix this? thanks, raj * raj wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >what does this error mean? how can i fix this? You have an octet 0x02 or perhaps a character reference &#x02; in the document. This is not allowed in XML 1.0; the latter is allowed in XML 1.1 but your version of the .NET framework probably does not support that, and most likely you have not declared this version either. In other words, your document includes random binary data and is there- fore not an XML document. You have to correct the document before you can successfully...

mail gateway help
we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? "=?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWU=?=" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EF923D10-571B-42D0-85E3-D45CB9FC2A1C@microsoft.com: > we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out > through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send > mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? > What exactly is your question? What version of exchange are you us...

Where is "Help" located in 2007?
I cannot find the "Help" section in Word 2007. Where can I find it? Thank you! Click the question mark ? top right of the Word window or press F1 which is the universal help call. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Todd" <Todd@discussion...