help needed with repeated copy/paste special

[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/backload.gif]
[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/mastertable.gif]

I  ran into a lot of work and am wondering if anyone can help me out.
Help would be greatly appreciated because going thru 19272 records for
copying and pasting is driving me insane. :mad:

These are the 2 files I'm dealing with (see pictures above).  Top one
is backload file and the  one underneath is mastertable.  As you can
see,  FundataKey is common to both files.  The values of  Fundatakey
are not repeated in mastertable however are repeated in the backload
file.

What I would like is, to copy the values (in column C
-BackEndTablePercent) in the rows associated with each Fundatakey into
the appropriate columns in the master table.

For example, in the backload file, for the Fundatakey value 10056, the
values 6, 5.5, 5, 4.5, 4, 3.5 and 0 go into MasterTable's columns
AO(BETPercent1stYear), AP(BETPercent2ndYear),
AQ(BETPercent3rdYear)...AV(BETPercent8thYear), AW(BETPercentAfter). So
essentially I'm somehow gonna have to link the column AO of mastertable
with the rows containing the text "In the 1st Year"or "1st" and AP with
rows  containing the text "In the 2ndYear" or "2nd" and so on).  I
would also have it search the mastertable for the appropriate
Fundatakey.  I don't know much about programming in excel but I do know
that a counter can not be used as Fundatakey is not just incremented by
one...it's almost random.

One thing to note is that the the number of years with each FundataKey
vary from 1 to 10.  I only want to deal with 8  years and then I have a
column BETPercentAfter which will store the values of "Thereafter".
Some  FundataKeys don't have a "Thereafter" row either...in which case,
I just want it to copy whatever there is  over into the appropriate
columns.  Another  thing to note is t hat not all FunDataKey values in
the mastertable are used...if they're not used, then they just don't
appear in the Backload file.

As mentioned earlier, there are  19272 records and  I really don't want
to do  a copy paste special and transpose on all  of these.:rolleyes:

Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/

-- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com
-- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

Need HELP! for Linking data

Need to add to current formula

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Help with simple(?) VBA function

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Copy and close code
Hi, I have a worksheet which uses an indirect formula to search through a series of files/sheets based on an address to return a value from cell AE20. Once the data has been copied for all the previous days I would like a copy/paste values to occur to replace any of the values returned by the formula. In AU10:AU381 there is a 1 or 0 for each row. 1 meaning that a copy/pastevalues can be performed (decided by if the date is < today), and zero if i need to keep the formulas. Is it possible to have a copy/paste values code for only sheets 2-4 which works when the file is...