Help needed changing date formats from m/d/y to d/m/y

I have a spreadsheet with a column of dates in the format ddd
m/d/yyyy, e.g. "Mon 9/29/2003". The data has come in as text as I have
cut and pasted it from another source.

I sort of have something working, but it only works for dates with 2
digits (i.e. from October (10th month) on and from the 10th of each
month on), e.g. "Wed 29/10/2003". The formula I have is:
=DATE(RIGHT(E3,4),MID(E3,6,2),MID(E3,9,2))

Can anyone help me get this to work for all dates?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

0
craig8638 (4)

An alternative:

Select your column.

Choose Data/Text To Columns. Select the Delimited radio button and
click Next. Check the Space Checkbox and click Next.

Select the first column (with "Mon" in it) and click the Do not
import radio button.

Select the second column and choose D/M/Y from the Date dropdown.
Click Finish.

Reformat your dates as you wish.

In article <jeutpvgifqdqgn9jnt6o276mv3fla207p5@4ax.com>,
 Craig Thomson <craig@spam.free> wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet with a column of dates in the format ddd
> m/d/yyyy, e.g. "Mon 9/29/2003". The data has come in as text as I have
> cut and pasted it from another source.
>
> I sort of have something working, but it only works for dates with 2
> digits (i.e. from October (10th month) on and from the 10th of each
> month on), e.g. "Wed 29/10/2003". The formula I have is:
> =DATE(RIGHT(E3,4),MID(E3,6,2),MID(E3,9,2))
>
> Can anyone help me get this to work for all dates?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Craig

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/28/2003 11:43:58 PM
Thanks, that worked a treat!!

Craig

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:43:58 -0700, "J.E. McGimpsey"
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

>An alternative:
>
>Select your column.
>
>Choose Data/Text To Columns. Select the Delimited radio button and
>click Next. Check the Space Checkbox and click Next.
>
>Select the first column (with "Mon" in it) and click the Do not
>import radio button.
>
>Select the second column and choose D/M/Y from the Date dropdown.
>Click Finish.
>
>Reformat your dates as you wish.
>

>In article <jeutpvgifqdqgn9jnt6o276mv3fla207p5@4ax.com>,
> Craig Thomson <craig@spam.free> wrote:
>
>> I have a spreadsheet with a column of dates in the format ddd
>> m/d/yyyy, e.g. "Mon 9/29/2003". The data has come in as text as I have
>> cut and pasted it from another source.
>>
>> I sort of have something working, but it only works for dates with 2
>> digits (i.e. from October (10th month) on and from the 10th of each
>> month on), e.g. "Wed 29/10/2003". The formula I have is:
>> =DATE(RIGHT(E3,4),MID(E3,6,2),MID(E3,9,2))
>>
>> Can anyone help me get this to work for all dates?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Craig

0
craig8638 (4)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

conditional formatting sort

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Change position ID in HR

I need a macro

Please help #8

How do you change the APR?

Business Portal Development

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

Help with importing data

number format with leading 0

Please Help with Multiple Field Primary Keys
I have two tables in a database that have to use four fields for a unique identifier and primary key. How do I set up a query to set a relationship between those four fields together as one? When I add the tables to the query I see the fields, but I am not having any success properly setting the relationships. The upper half of the query design window is where the 2 tables appear. Drag Field1 from Table1, and drop it into Field1 from Table2. Access displays a join line from one table to the other. Drag Field2 from Table1, and drop it into Field2 from Table2. Repeat for the other 3 f...

Changing Domain Name through Internet Address Management Wizard
Hi Guys I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing remote.mydomain.com address through Internet address management wizard. Now he wants to change to remote.mynewdomain.com as old domain is too long. Is there any way so we can change through IAMW. run the wiz, job done. "Atul Sood" <atulsood@live.com> wrote in message news:uVlbmkd3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys > > I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client > using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing rem...

New Record, last Date + 1 different records
I have a datefield in a form that I would like to have autofilled when I enter a new record. Right now I have something like this: If Me.NewRecord then Me.DateGauged = DMax("DateGauged","tblGaugesInput") + 1 End if My problem is that it just looks for the max date of the whole table. I would like to narrow it down to a specific group of records in the table and do the last date + 1 on that group: Example of my table. TankNumber DateGauged Measurement 8555 2/1/2008 8" 8555 2/2/2008 9" 8556 2/1/2008 ...

changing budget period -how?
WE have set up a budget in Money 2002. But my paycheck gets deposited a few days before the 1st of each month. Thus, when I run the buget report for that month, it shows that I have no income yet for that month but plenty of expenses already. Is there any way to ge the budget period to change from the calendar month to a period starting on the date of my paycheck deposit and running until the day before the next deposit? No. "CLP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25c1701c46118$d169fcb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > WE have set up a budget in Mo...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...