help need to match a string

Hi everyone
Hope someone have a solution for me.
I have a table with product name and price in column a & b in sheet1
I have the formula in sheet2 where I input the product name in A1 an
it search the product and give me the price.
=VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$1377,2,0).
It works ok.

Here my problem:
I have a product name called "HK-2859 plus" and I need this product t
be identified if I enter any portion of this product ("HK" or "2859" o
"plus"....).

appreciate your help

Thank

Hi
one way: Use the following array formula (entered with
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER)
=INDEX('sheet1!'B1:B1377,MATCH(TRUE,FIND(A1,'sheet1'!A1:A1377)>0,0))

Frank

> Hi everyone
> Hope someone have a solution for me.
> I have a table with product name and price in column a & b in sheet1
> I have the formula in sheet2 where I input the product name in A1 and
> it search the product and give me the price.
> =VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$1377,2,0).
> It works ok.
>
> Here my problem:
> I have a product name called "HK-2859 plus" and I need this product
> be identified if I enter any portion of this product ("HK" or "2859"
> or "plus"....).
>
> appreciate your help
>
> Thanks
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
2/9/2004 10:07:30 AM

"SMILE >" <<SMILE.11cs7k@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone
> Hope someone have a solution for me.
> I have a table with product name and price in column a & b in sheet1
> I have the formula in sheet2 where I input the product name in A1 and
> it search the product and give me the price.
> =VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$1377,2,0).
> It works ok.
>
> Here my problem:
> I have a product name called "HK-2859 plus" and I need this product to
> be identified if I enter any portion of this product ("HK" or "2859" or
> "plus"....).
>
> appreciate your help
>
> Thanks
>

> ---

akyurek (248)
2/9/2004 12:01:48 PM
Hi all
thank you for the help.
tom

Help #2
Version: 2008 Microsoft office and microsoft entourage are not opening! What should I do? On 4/26/09 7:22 PM, "aamnaabbasi@officeformac.com" <aamnaabbasi@officeformac.com> wrote: > Microsoft office and microsoft entourage are not opening! What should I do? Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or if it's your User's folder that contains the problem. Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Accounts. Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching. Test Office there. Let us know what happens in...

problem with copy and paste
So for a long time now I've had trouble with copying and pasting certain things in Outlook. Now I'm using 2003, but I've used the last 2 or 3 versions at least. When I'm in a message window, and want to copy an adress from the TO field, let's say, one in the middle of 3 addresses, I can high-light it, choose copy, then go to the address book, click on a group, click add, and in the window that comes up asking for a name and address, when I click in the address feild and right-click and paste, what appears is the name, but not the address, which was clearly selected when I c...

Help 05-04-10
Please help me On Tue, 4 May 2010 09:37:10 +0800, "Chrit" <sbl19880411@163.com> wrote: >Please help me > We'll be glad to do so, but it would be nice if you told us what you want help WITH. "I'll be glad to help you out... which way did you come in?" -- John W. Vinson [MVP] "Chrit" <sbl19880411@163.com> д����Ϣ����:%23HGyEpy6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Please help me aaaaaaa > ...

Command Button Help
I want a command button to ask for a password when pushed or capture the name of the user. If the password or the user is correct, it makes 3 other command buttons visible (I assme using the isvisible control.) The 3 command buttons then take the user to 3 different forms. Is that possible? Thanks!!! make the command button popup a form where the user enters a password or their name. Use a select case statement on the value entered in the popup form. Example Select case Me.txtPassword Case 1 Me.cmd1.Visible = True Me.cmd2.Visible = True Case Else Me.cmd1.Visible = Fal...

Help SMPT Errors
Hi all, Dell 1420SC>SBS2003>Exchange 2003 Can someone please explain the below error; This is an SMTP protocol warning log for virtual server ID 1, connection #1545. The remote host "unknown remote ip", responded to the SMTP command "rcpt" with "450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [Our public ip of mail server". The full command sent was "RCPT TO:<email@domain.com> ". This may cause the connection to fail. I did not include the ip and email information. Unknown host as above was an ip of a system in another country...

Please Need Help !!
Hello Every Body Here I have a real big serious problem in my computer .... First Of all i recieve a messege every 1 hour (your pre - realase in 0 hours ) And after 2 Hours my computer Restart ! I Formated It Well But I Still Recive this messege and The Restart that anoning me while im writing in microsoft office !:( -- Helal On 24 Apr 2010, Helal <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > Hello Every Body Here I have a real big serious problem in my > computer ... > > First Of all i recieve a messege every 1 ...

Percentage Help
Hi All, I am trying to figure out how to get a percentage to show up in certain cells. THis is what I have: C D E F G List Price Retail Price Wholesale Sponsor1 Sponsor2 20.00 49.95 =8%*D2 =7%*D2 =6%*D2 SHOWS AS 4.00 WANT 45.95 Ok the formula =8%*D2 shows the discount amount of 3.996 but what I want to do is show the actual cost. So if I subtract 8% from 49.95 the discount would be 3.996 s...

LDAP query help
What would be the correct syntax for an LDAP query that shows all members of a particular distribution/security group? This would be under users and computers --> View --> Filter Options --> Create Custom --> Advanced. Thanks in advance! Never mind, i just figured it out.. "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:%232LsZf9jGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What would be the correct syntax for an LDAP query that shows all members > of a particular distribution/security group? This would be under users > and computers --> View --> Filt...

need help using a checkbox to determine if a cell gets summed
need help using a checkbox to determine if a cell gets summed. i have designed a worksheet with items in one column, and how much the item is in another column. what i want to do is to check a box next to an item and have the cost of that item added to the other items that are checked. if the item is unchecked, then resum the items that are checked. i would also like to add an additional check box that will automatically check or uncheck all of the other checkboxes. any help will be appreciated. I put my items in B2:B20 and the costs in c2:c20. Then I ran this macro to add the che...

I NEED MONEY
I really need money. Plase send any available funds tothe link below.... https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=buffett33912%40yahoo%2ecom&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=USD ...

Help with InputBox and MsgBox
How do I fix the below code so if a user does not enter anything in the input box or clicks on the cancel button they get what I have in the MsgBox? MsgBox ("You did not enter a new pay period start date" & vbCrLf & _ "click on the 'EnterNewPayPeriod' button and re-enter the new pay period") Sub NewStartDate() Dim Prompt, Title As String Prompt = "What's the new pay period start date?" Title = "Start Date" StartDate = InputBox(Prompt, Title) End Sub -- Mike Mast Special Education Preschool Teacher Sub NewStartDat...

hairdresser needs help
I am a hairdresser and rent a station at a local salon. I am having trouble keeping track of my business, clients, etc. and have no idea what to download or which way to go. I am not familiar with spreadsheets and the like, but want to learn so I can keep better track of my business. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your time. I would suggest the simplest tool to use would be access (as long as the data size does not get excessive). Get yourself a book and start reading. A short business management course would be worthwhile as well. "princessupdo" wrote: >...

RMS Customization Guide...I Need One!!!
How can I get one quickly??? karl.jones@gmail.com Thanks in advance, Karl Hi Karl, I've just emailed you what i have, let me know if you find it useful. Andy, much thanks that is exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate it... Karl "Andy King" wrote: > Hi Karl, I've just emailed you what i have, let me know if you find it useful. Andy: Could I also request a copy of this guide, thx. "Andy King" wrote: > Hi Karl, I've just emailed you what i have, let me know if you find it useful. Hi Andy, Can I have a copy also ?if it's ok. Thanks ca...

one Exch2K3/Win2K3 server, OWA installation help
I need some help setting up OWA in a one Exch2K3/Win2K3 server environment. I know the best practice is to have a FE & BE server in place, but that is not feasible right now. MS sends conflicting messages by saying you must have a FE/BE environment, but then later in the same documents it says "if you are in a one server environment then do this....." (document I have in mind right now is "Overview of dependencies & requirements for Exchange Server 2003 features" - KB822178) I do have other servers running Win2K3 for other functions. Anyway, if someone could ple...

Need a batch file or small script to run /release and /renew on an XP computer remotely.
Hi, I connect to my office and subsequent school computers remotely pretty often, and am in need of a way to run the "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" commands from my remote location on the school computers. it would seem to be a simple file, I just don't know how to make the script "wait" for a min or so, and then run the "renew" part so I can reconnect. Anyone?? Thanks! niteowl niteowl wrote: > I connect to my office and subsequent school computers remotely > pretty often, and am in need of a way to run the &...

removing AD from exch 5.5 server HELP PLEASE
ok one of my DCs blew up. I was informed it was best for me to dcpromo /forceremoval my troubled machine and then dc promo it to get the AD running again. I have no problem doin that with the exception that the machine is running Exchange 5.5. So what im thinking here is the following: idea A --------- 1)dcpromo /forceremoval 2)on reboot, boot it to safemode with networking to prevent the exchange services to boot (or should i just disable them before i reboot it?) 3)dcpromo and make it a replica again? idea B -------- 1) dcpromo /forceremoval 2) on reboot, boot it to safemode with network...

"Synchronizing Folders" Driving me crazy
Hi All: Seems like all the time and especially when I hit "send receive" I get an icon in the systems tray that says "Microsoft office outlike is synchronizing folders" and it halts the program while it does this. From what I understand it's most likely used for PDa's and the like, but I don't sync mail with my smartphone so I want it gone. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this annoying little process? Thanks a ton, Bill Send/receive is 'synchronizing' "Bill T." <ronin68@REMOVEoptonline.net> wrote in message news:g0_9h.5...

Help
Is there anyone out there with Outlook 2000 that can tell me if, when they save any attachment, does the saved file get a modified and created time that is different from your PC's clock time? On two PC's I've tried this (one with Windows XP Pro, one with 98SE), they have the system Date/Time Properties Time Zone set to GMT+08:00, and Outlook 2000's Tools | Options | Preferences | Calendar Options | Time Zone is also set to GMT+8:00. When an attachment is saved, it gets modified and created times 8 hours ahead of the Current System Time (CST). Saving attachments in...

Tricky ... Pullout related rows that match a single word using Vlookup
Dear Gurus . ... I have a worksheet with 5 columns and 400 rows. All contents ar sentences. I use Vlookup but it only can show result that matches the inpu exactly. How to ask vlookup to retrieve all the sentences that match my singl input? And how to ask vlookup shows multiple searching result? (It stops afte getting the first from top) Please help. Thanks in advance. YJ -- YJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- YJL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2869 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

help with HTML HELP
Hi, Im in the later stages of developing an MFC MDI application. in the setup wizard i had not selected context-sensitive (HTML) Help. I now wish too to include the Help feature. is it possible to add this feature now -later in the project- or can it only be included in the setup wizard at the start. Any clues/references on this issue. thanks I think ive found relevant help in the msdn article "Adding HTMLHelp Context-Sensitive Help to an Existing MFC Application" thanks anyways. clive There is a pretty good article at www.codeguru.com. Joel clive.dsouza@gmail.com wrote: >...

have a v8.0 security question you need answered?
Hi all, In case you didn't know, the Business Solutions Community site is hosting a chat moderated by two Microsoft Great Plains 8.0 security experts this week -- right in this public newsgroup. You can access this chat -- and ask a v8.0 security question of experts Kelly Youells and David Musgrave -- in the following newsgroup thread: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&p=1&tid=6bf725dc-5df7-4e4e-96a1-0487e89986c1&mid=4e990ba0-5655...

My wife and I use the same computer, HELP with email please
How can I keep them seperated so that when I send and receive I receive my emials and not hers (and vice a versa) Please respond in Layman terms " as in go here hit this button etc, I am not savy to the lingo ( i read other responses but do not understand "Use rules" for example. Thank you in advance If you are using Windows 2000 or XP that is very simple. Create a username in the operating system for you and one for her. Then all the setting are kept only for that user that logs into the computer. "T Lathos" <T Lathos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

I want my Secondary scale to match the primary scale.
-- Zevets Access Mdb On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 05:28:04 -0800, Zevets <Zevets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please use the big textbox to explain what you mean. Is this a Microsoft Access form you're using? What "scale" do you mean? In what way should they "match"? John W. Vinson [MVP] I have an Access Form!Graph(FG) and I am using a query to created a table which feed data to the FG. The FG has to types of data in it. One uses the Scale on the left and the other the scale on the right, both of which free floats besed upon the range of numbers...

cache problem : Need to click the logout button twice
hi asp.net 3.5 I need to click on the logout button minimum twice and sometimes many many times (I stopped counting at 20). Sometimes when logging in I have to enter the same password twice in order to be authenticated... The problem is caused by cache, atleast I removed my recently added cache settings from the webpages and usercontrols and the problem was gone.... For example in the Default.aspx I have this cache setting: <%@ OutputCache Duration="60" VaryByParam="None" Location="Client" %> And the Login control which in my project i...

Not sure what I need other than help
I'm a student running a small school library. Currently we check out books manually (read: non-electronically) by writing down a persons name, date, book and due date. Then [sometimes] figure up their fees when the book becomes overdue. We do however have an excel sheet listing all of the books. I've added to the excel sheet 3 columns, Student, Due Date, Fee. What I want to do is generate a report that lists what books are overdue. It sounds simple enough, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. I came up with this function: "=IF(Due_Date<Current_...