Help Freezing Multiple Rows

In earlier versions, you clicked below the rows you wanted frozen in place or
to the right of the rows you wanted frozen.  Now I see only how to freeze row
1.

I have a main title in row 1, row 2 is blank and row 3 has column headings,
so I want row 3 to stay frozen in place.  I am having trouble accomplishing
this and need help, please.  Thank you.

--
Virgo

click on cell A4 then on the menu bar Window/Freeze Panes

"Virgo" wrote:

> In earlier versions, you clicked below the rows you wanted frozen in place or
> to the right of the rows you wanted frozen.  Now I see only how to freeze row
> 1.
>
> I have a main title in row 1, row 2 is blank and row 3 has column headings,
> so I want row 3 to stay frozen in place.  I am having trouble accomplishing
> this and need help, please.  Thank you.
>
> --
> Virgo
Sorry, this is 2007.  I did click A4, View and Freeze, but it only freezes
row 1 :(

--
Virgo

"Toothsome Papa" wrote:

> click on cell A4 then on the menu bar Window/Freeze Panes
>
> "Virgo" wrote:
>
> > In earlier versions, you clicked below the rows you wanted frozen in place or
> > to the right of the rows you wanted frozen.  Now I see only how to freeze row
> > 1.
> >
> > I have a main title in row 1, row 2 is blank and row 3 has column headings,
> > so I want row 3 to stay frozen in place.  I am having trouble accomplishing
> > this and need help, please.  Thank you.
> >
> > --
> > Virgo
See replies to your other posting.

No need to multi-post.

Just wastes time and effort of those trying to help you.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:42:01 -0800, Virgo <Virgo@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Sorry, this is 2007.  I did click A4, View and Freeze, but it only freezes
>row 1 :(

0
Gord

SDI with multiple views using the wizard
Hi all, I would like to build a Doc/View SDI Visual C++6 project using multiple views as (CFrameWnd) for the same document. In some documentation is mentioned just MDI support multiple views. Could someone please explain the steps for doing that, using the wizard? Thank you, Chris ...

How to create a report based on multiple queries
Hi all, I am trying to create a report based on 30 queries . These 30 queries are based on one table. When I use the Report wizard and select more than one query I get the message " You have chosen fields from record source which the wizard can't connect. You may have chosen fields from a table and from a query based on that table. If so try choosing fields from only tha table or only the query". I do not know what to do.? Any guidance will help thanks, Dave On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:21:02 -0700, davidstevans@gmail.com wrote: >Hi all, > >I am trying to create a rep...

Multiple Sections of a Circle Shape/text box to follow circle patt
Help! 2 part question, and I've been to Help, Google, and MVP blogs for hours and can't find an answer. As a Visio 11 Standard (2003?) user newbie, I'm having trouble resizing and aligning the 'partial' shapes of a circle, when attempting to make a circle with more than 4 sections. (Partial circles work well when you have four distinct sections, as the rotate/flip function is adequate.) My frustration is mounting, as I'm dealing with these sections as part of an 'onion' template of concentric circles, and I've now got sections for each circle all...

multiple reminders for one calendar event?
I would like to schedule a reminder about any work appointment, and then have a 2nd reminder for 45 days from the appt. to remind me when a payment check is available. I am using Outlook 2002, but will upgrade to 2003 in the near future. Is this possible in either version?Thanks, David ...

Multiple lowercase b's
As i am working with my spreadsheet multiple lower case b's are appearing as i highlight a cell or box a group of cells. Working with Win XP Pro and Excel 2003 What happens if you change the font to black? I have no idea why you'd see a bunch of lower-case b's. :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "alchemist" <alchemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E8D628-B5FE-40E1-864B-B1D8EDAAD6A8@microsoft.com... > As i am working with my spreadsheet multiple lower case b's are appearing > as > i highlight a cell or box a grou...

Deleting rows in Excel based on criteria
Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the macro and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. >and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. last column IV ?? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "SteveM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05ac01c3afb9$b76f96a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a > criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the > macro an...

Outlook 2003 freezes & crashes
Outlook 2003 worked fine on XP SP1, but on XP SP2, it stalls, freezes, crashes, needs debugging. I installed the entire Office 2003 Pro. I can't use it & must use Yahoo or something else for email. I have Trend Micro for anti virus & email, but I"m still having trouble. What is going on? Why is it freezing & crashing? Try Detect and Repair and a new profile via the Mail icon in Control Panel. "d. rahim" <drahim1122@netscape.net> wrote in message news:eh2FTzohFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 worked fine on XP SP1, but on XP SP2, it...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Freeze panes 03-02-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I would like to freeze all of Row 1 AND all of Column A. When I freeze one, then go to freeze the second, it will not let me. The only freeze option is to unfreeze panes? Can both be done at the same time? Select cell B2, then turn on Freeze Panes. You can't freeze columns & rows separately. The freeze applies to all rows above & all columns to the left of the selected cell when you turn it on. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/2/10 6:00 PM, in article 59bb3c03.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2a...

Row/column grid lines
Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column Cheers Stuart. Hi Stuart, You need to use a fill color. Format>cells>pattern, pick the color closest to the background color. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD88DAF-4CDD-4D04-8E9E-A50D9A319672@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column. > > Cheers Stuart. Stuart, You can't remove the grid lines from a single row or column. Grid lin...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

help #9
???? There... all better now? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, hygdd@eedd2.com <hygdd@eedd2.com> typed: | ???? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C35EC3.E4226980 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable with what exactly? I only see a questionmark? -- Please go to my website: The Site Resource Vote For The Site Resource! <hygdd@eedd2.com> wrote in message = news:a34bjvk9fvkgdb...

how do I print multiple print areas on one page
I have a wide worksheet that is not very deep i.e. lots of columns but not many rows. I have it in landscape but it is still too wide to go on one page. I would like to be able to print the right hand side of the worksheet underneath the left hand side of the worksheet, on one page, rather than having to print out two pages. Is this possible? This is a common question. The only way to do this is to create what you want printed. In other words, copy all of your data to a blank sheet, then cut/paste to get what you want, then print it. You can do this with a macro and nev...

Need help plz! Unable to Send/Recv emails in OE.
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages: 1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavail...

Forward generic email to multiple accounts?
Hi! We have several "generic" email accounts; "info@xyz.com", "sales@xyz.com", etc. We need to make sure several different individuals receive any email sent to these accounts. The forwarding feature in the user account properties only permits one address as a forwarded recipient. Permitting users to "also check these mailboxes" in Outlook seems to direct the email to whomever checks the generic mailbox first. How do we get mail the generic mail to several people simutaneously?? Thanks! create a mailing list and forward to that list "S...

Publisher Template page??? help
Okay I'm working in Publisher 2003 with a document that somebody else created. Whenever I go to "Insert page... " (by right clicking on the pages tabs at the bottom) and everytime I do I get a "Newsletter Pages" window asking me what kind of Page I want to insert. I have the options of selecting story, order form calender, etc and each option comes up with a different layout for the page. I can tell they are custom because each page has information specific to this company. My question is how to I modify (edit) these pages? They seem to be templates but only fo...

multiple splits
I have a spreadsheet that has several different headers, and I would like to have each individual section have a set location, then when a section is choosen I can scroll within that section w/o affecting any of the other sections. Thanx jo3l jo31 I think the closest you can come is to use Window>New Window>Arrange. Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:51:20 -0700, "jo3l" <joel@summitintegrated.com> wrote: >I have a spreadsheet that has several different headers, >and I would like to have each individual section have a &g...

Help #18
Hi again I am using a 4 x 4 table ( A1:D4), concatenating 8 inputs ( A1 to H1) so say I concatenate A1 with B1, all the way to H1, anyway the result in the tables will be similar to llb, lbb, llbb, b etc. Now my problem is that each of these results must be converted to usable name eg...llb = Purple, lbb = Pink, llbb = Silver etc. I need to display these colour results in say A10:A26, if there are cells in the results table showing llbb then it must display: 12.5% Silver 25.0% Purple etc Thanks in advance Colli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cannot understand your ...

Help Opening Publisher 2007 file in 2000 version
Help !! I have been sent a publisher 2007 document and cannot open it at all with my publisher 2000, is there a file conversion download or anything? Nope, there is no conversion. If you send it to me I will convert it for you. Be aware you may lose some formatting and if there are images involved the file will become much larger. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maneater" <Maneater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B514D1E-C752-4577-A140-B6FC974B9416@m...

How do I display data from multiple worksheets in a summary sheet.
I have over 100 worksheets which are layout exactly the same. I want to create a summary sheet to display only certain information from all of them...like name, sales total, numbers of calls. I don't want to consolidate or tally the information just display them. Does anyone know how to do this? Many ways to skin this cat =Sheet1!C4 =Sheet1!C4 ... If the sheets will be always be accessible in an open workbook you could use =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()&"!C4") In a macro you could use For i = 1 To 100 Cells(i, 1).FormulaR1C1 = &qu...

Manage Multiple Address Lists
I am trying to set up different GAL's based on Group Membership on a Windows 2003 server SP1 running Exchange 2003 SP2. I have followed KB Article 822940 with mixed results. Some groups can only see there members while others can still see everybody??? Has anyone had success in applying these filters and be willing to provide me with some troubleshooting direction...I have double and tripple checked all the permissions and everything seems to be the set the same for each group?? Also does anyone know.... If new members are added to an existing group do you need to go back to th...

Need help #2
I have a column full of photo names such as 2801.JPG. There are aroun 500+ image names in this column. What I need to do is add "photos/" i front of every image name in this column; e.g. "photos/2801.JPG". I there any way to do this other than one at a time. It would take a ver long time doing it this way. Thanks for your help example: _current_ 2801.jpg 2802.jpg 2803.jpg _What_I_need_ photos/2801.jpg photos/2802.jpg photos/2803.jp -- trima ----------------------------------------------------------------------- trimax's Profile: http:...

Formula Help #46
I have this formula in a cell AB19: =IF(AA19<0,"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20>0,M20))) If cell AA19 is empty I want cell AB19 to be empty. The probem is that in cell AA19 there is a return of false, which I have conditionally formattted to not show up. I've tried less than 0, if AA19="","", and everything else I could think of. How can I make cell AB19 not return a value when AA19 returns false? It really returns False? =IF(OR(AA19=FALSE,AA19<0),"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20>0,M20))) or =IF(AA19=FALSE,"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20&g...

Outlook 2003 Freezing #5
Any Idea ? thanks See the answer to one of your posts in another newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Guillaume" <gguinaude@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ecgz5y%23QFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Any Idea ? thanks > > ...