Help! Excel 2000 fully SP'ed will not start

Excel 2000, part of the Office 2000 Pro installed on this machine, will not
start. It GPF's with the send to MS bla bla. It will start in safe mode
Excel.exe /s. I have removed all add-ins, Excel Start items it still fails.
It is fully SP'ed. Yes I have tried repair and also removed Excel and
reinstalled.

Any ideas?

TIA
Dirk-Thomas

Try searching for a file called *.xlb

When you find it, rename it and try starting Excel.  If the issue has gone
away then you have a corrupt toolbar customisation file. Excel creates a new
one when it can't find it.

If this fails I would think carefully about *any* software you have
installed recently

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Dirk-Thomas Brown" <youhadtoask@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2000, part of the Office 2000 Pro installed on this machine, will
> not start. It GPF's with the send to MS bla bla. It will start in safe
> mode Excel.exe /s. I have removed all add-ins, Excel Start items it still
> fails. It is fully SP'ed. Yes I have tried repair and also removed Excel
> and reinstalled.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
> Dirk-Thomas

Thanks, did the trick...

Dirk-Thomas

"Nick Hodge" <nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> wrote in message
> Try searching for a file called *.xlb
>
> When you find it, rename it and try starting Excel.  If the issue has gone
> away then you have a corrupt toolbar customisation file. Excel creates a
> new one when it can't find it.
>
> If this fails I would think carefully about *any* software you have
> installed recently
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS
>

> "Dirk-Thomas Brown" <youhadtoask@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Excel 2000, part of the Office 2000 Pro installed on this machine, will
>> not start. It GPF's with the send to MS bla bla. It will start in safe
>> mode Excel.exe /s. I have removed all add-ins, Excel Start items it still
>> fails. It is fully SP'ed. Yes I have tried repair and also removed Excel
>> and reinstalled.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> TIA
>> Dirk-Thomas

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Cannot Open 2000 Money Backup
My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. Can anyone help open this? In microsoft.public.money, Kate wrote: >My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money >Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. >Can anyone help open this? Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create...

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

Please help #8

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Excel VBA