HELP - 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed

We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One
of our users is just starting to have the following problem:
Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)':
Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed

I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file
in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening
MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem
when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this
problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or some
sort of Internet Explorer settings?

She has also tried re-installing MS Office and that didn't help either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
LAF
LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656

I have no idea.

Maybe you can give her a version that doesn't have the code protected and then
she could give you more details.

Or maybe you could set up a netmeeting to watch what she's doing?

LAF wrote:

> We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One
> of our users is just starting to have the following problem:
> Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)':
> Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed
>
> I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file
> in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening
> MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem
> when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this
> problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or some
> sort of Internet Explorer settings?
>
> She has also tried re-installing MS Office and that didn't help either.

> LAF
> LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468947

--

Dave Peterson
0

OE6 fails after installing Office 2000
The help of the assembled multitudes is welcomed: I tried to install MS Office 2000 Premium into an environment containing MSIE6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 (with full SP updates.) OS is Windows ME, also with full updates. Result was corruption of Outlook Express. I could view email headers and previews, but could not launch email messages and/or print them. Further, the addressbook disappeared. When I tried to access address book, I was told that the system was improperly installed and I should reinstall. Removing Office 2000 from the system restored functionality to Outlook Express. I ...

Routing Engine not starting, please help ASAP
Exchange and Windows 2003 I cannot get the Exchange Routing engine to start up. Upon startup I get an event ID 7023 telling me that the path is not found. Everything else works and starts up just fine, people can open mailboxes, but cannot send/receive emails. I read online that it sounds like the metabase.bin file is corrupted. I uninstalled/reinstalled IIS, reinstalled Exchange 2003, and have reinstalled Exchange 2003 SP1, everything works except that I still cannot get the routing engine to kick back on. Any suggestions! Thanks! Was this an OEM preinstall? I recently bought a ser...

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

Help with macro to choose printer
Hi, I am new to macros in Excel and this is what I did to print a worksheet: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Range("A1:W35").Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$W$35" Selection.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Works great except that I want to select the printer to use and the macro won't stop at the point to choose printer. Any way to work around this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Emilio Emilio,this wil...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

Help with Lookup #2
I have an excel worksheet that has approximately 20,000+ records. I would like to classify these recorded based on two columns. The first column's name is "YB Description" and the other is "Sold Date". The YB column mainly contains 4 digit numerical values, with approximately 300-400 records that are text, ie. "classified", "not verified", "public use". The Sold Date column is pretty self-explanatory, all the records are dates with the following formatting - M/D/Y. What I would like to do is create a third column called YB/Sold that classi...

Help with ACT! to CRM migration
Hi to anyone that can help. I am trying to do a trial data migration from our ACT! database to MSCRM to see what it will look like. I have installed the migration framework and appear to have CRM running fine on a server in our network (no errors on install and all windows appear ok). Since I do not have a strong database background I was wondering if someone could confirm what I believe is MS's way of migrating my data accross. I have exported the data from ACT! to a text file. I imported this into excel and repleaced the Free/busy data with a unique number for each record. I the...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

Create/Update Excel Objects in Power Point
I developed an add-in in Power Point 97, 2000, XP and 2003 for creating Excel charts/tables and being able to update them. The code I used is below: Dim PPT_CHRT As OLEFormat Dim PPT_SLD As Slide 'ADD a chart/table PPT_SLD.Shapes.AddOLEObject Left:=var_chrt_L, Top:=var_chrt_T, Width:=var_chrt_W, Height:=var_chrt_H, ClassName:="Excel.Chart.8", Link:=msoFalse Set PPT_CHRT = PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).OLEFormat PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).Select 'EDIT chart/table Set PPT_SLD = ActivePresentation.Slides(var_SHP_SLD_no) Set PPT_CHRT...

Need help backing up OL2002 items (or folders)
HELP says: "If you want to create a folder to which you can drag items for safekeeping or to distribute to another computer. Create a new data file (.pst) and drag items to it. If you used the default name for the folder when you created the data file, the folder will be called Personal Folders . In the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the View menu, click Folder List.), drag any item from your current folders to the new folder. Press CTRL...

How to clone an object
I have a simple object I load up from DB, Is there a easy way to clone it to a new object of the same type ? Thanks On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 19:15:55 -0400, "Phil Hunt" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote: >I have a simple object I load up from DB, Is there a easy way to clone it to >a new object of the same type ? > Probably not. <g> Depends on what you mean by "clone", ie, how much of a duplicate/copy do you need, or if you even need one? Cloning 'data' always takes you into the realm of "Shallow Copies" or "Deep Copies&q...

password
Hi I have problem with Microsoft Outlook XP. Very often Outlook won't remember the password. Thx I am having a similar problem. Using Outlook 2002 (XP). I have several POP3 accounts, and Outlook requires the passwords every time. I've tried everything, and it still forgets them. Thanks to anyone that can help. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >I have problem with Microsoft Outlook XP. Very often >Outlook won't remember the password. > >Thx >. > Earlier reply had the incorrect e-mail address. This address is correct. Jim V >-----Original Mess...

Help w/ Accounts
Hi, I have Outlook 2003, I used to have four email accounts in Outlook. One of those accounts was set up to check the email but leave the original in the server. It was working fine until all of a sudden it started downloading the same email twice and deleting it from the server. I deleted the account from Outlook, but it is still downloading the email from that account. I went to Email accounts and I don't see that particular email account listed there. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this "invisible" email account that does not show up in the email accounts an...

Add rows on worksheet by date?
I've been asked to create a spreadsheet that will track vehicle miles by route. The drivers will note the odometer when they start the route and the odometer when they return, so we can log that across a row: Vehicle - Route - Odo Start - Odo End - Calc Route Miles They also want miles by vehicel by day. Since a vehicle can travel more than one route in a day, is there an easy way to do this? My original thought was to have input through validation drop-downs to choose teh vehicle and the route - now I'm thinking of using a Form, and the Enter Data button will automatically sort by...

Need help writing an expression to find a Quarterbacks Passer Rati
I'm trying (without success) to write a formula to use in a table to figure the NFL quarterbacks passer rating. Here are the components, and I believe my errors are the maximum and minimum and not knowing how to use them in the formula: C= Comp/Att*100-30/20 Y= YDS/Att-3*.25 T= TD/Att*20 I= 2.375-INT/Att*25 The four components are then added and divided by 6 and multiplied by 100, so the formula for passer rating is given as: (max(min(C,2.375),0)+max(min(Y,2.375),0)+max(min(T,2.375),0)+max(min(I,2.375),0)*100/6 I have played for 3 days with this monster formula and have not figured ...

[object error] when trying to print prima crystal report
Hi all, When I try to print from a report, a messagebox with "[object error]" appears... Any ideas... ...

Need help getting data from Word to Excel
I'm novice level with Word and Excel, so excuse what may be a basic question/problem that I've got. I asked an employee to enter lots of data into Excel. The data is company name, address, contact name, and phone number. I requested that each type of data be entered into different columns. Instead, the employee used MS Word 2003. To compound the issue, the employee did not use commas, tabs, or any other delimiter or formatting method that might allow me easily to get the data over into Excel (by *easily* I mean using a technique that I know ; ) The data in Word simply is s...

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' #2
Hi, I have been running Outlook 2003 through HTTP over RPC to connect to an Exchange 2003 server for some time without troubles until recently. All of the sudden both I and my users have been getting the following error on send / receive: "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" I have tried rebuilding the offline address list and creating new profiles. We are able to send and receive mail without issue. But I am worried that this error is indicative of a problem i am not seeing and it...

Linking...HELP (accidentally posted on Excel Programming)
I'm trying to change the source on a link. Every time I do it, however my system locks up. I actually have 4 workbooks that are linked up to one workbook. I hav to do the same thing three times, but the workbooks have to hav different names to them: ie: folder x -> worbookA WorkbookB workbookC workbookD BIGWORKBOOK new to use the exact information as above, but I have to have it in difference folder with difference names... folder y -> worbook1 Workbook2 workbook3 workbook4 SecondBIGWORKBOOK I've used the Edit-> Links-> change source (but that's where my syste loc...

If Then Conditional Help
I am fairly new at working with code. I am trying to write a statement that will open one report if a feild is true, and another if it is False. This is what I have so far Dim stDocName As String Dim strCriteria As String strCriteria = "[Event Name]='" & Me![Event Name] & "'" If ([Cash Calculations].[NewEvent] = Yes) Then DoCmd.OpenReport NewEvntCashCalc, acViewPreview, , strCriteria Else DoCmd.OpenReport PrevEvntCashCalcu, acPreview, , stCriteria End If When I try to run this code I get the Error Message ...

Help with formula #10
Is there a way to count how many days a specific number has been entered. Example: Column A Column B Part Number Date 12345 3-Oct-4 12345 3-Oct-4 99999 3-Oct-4 12345 7-Oct-4 99999 8-Oct-4 For part number 12345 answer would be from todays date to 7-Oct-4 I think you could use: =COUNTIF(A:A,"12345") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to count how many days a specific number >has been entered. Example: >Column A Column B >Part Number Date >12345 3-Oct-4 >12345 3-Oc...

help
where do i get my user ID and password for my 90 day trial I would call MS at 800-456-0025. -- Charles Allen, MVP "jamieg" wrote: > where do i get my user ID and password for my 90 day trial ...

Help with repair workshop, IF statement, returning FALSE
Hi I am trying to set up a basic stock control for a repair workshop. However, I cannot figure out what is wrong with this formula: =IF(H10>=10 <=25,"Stock OK",IF(H10<=10,"Re-order!!", IF(H10=0,"? or no stock",IF(H10>25,"Stock Excellent!")))) The H Column refers to a cell that subtracts 'stock in' (column f) from 'stock out'(column g). The column is called stock balance. I get the following errors; I keep getting a 'FALSE' on a number that is between 10 and 24. i want it to return 're-order'. And the IF H1...

Help
CRM1.2 running on SBS - has been fine but recently had to re-run Internet and email connection wizard and remote access wizrd in SBS. CRM is fine except now you can only log in if member of Administrators Group - noone else can log into CRM - though they can log on to other apps on this box fine. Certainly appreciate any advice on how to fix this. Roger Sorry everyone - please ignore. This problem was caused by having Sharepoint Services running at same time (phew!) Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u51Y2jssEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ...