height and width settings locked?

Can row height and column width settings be locked in an Excel document
without blocking the user from entering/editing data in the cells?
0
teacher (23)

Only by the usual mechanism of unlocking the data entry cells, which could
be all the cells.

--
Jim
"Lab Teacher" <Lab Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Can row height and column width settings be locked in an Excel document
| without blocking the user from entering/editing data in the cells?

0
jrrech (1932)
10/5/2005 4:43:05 PM
Click the button between row 1 and column A to select the entire worksheet,
then right click and go to format.  Go to the protection tab and unprotect.
Then go to tools, protection, protect sheet.

"Lab Teacher" wrote:

> Can row height and column width settings be locked in an Excel document
> without blocking the user from entering/editing data in the cells?
0
JR1 (208)

Locked Fields
On the quote log entity the fields refering to shipping addresses are all mandatory locked fields and I want to get rid of them. How do I do that? On Nov 26, 5:46 pm, DMT <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the quote log entity the fields refering to shipping addresses are all > mandatory locked fields and I want to get rid of them. > > How do I do that? DMT- Settings > Customization > Quotes > Attributes > and remove the constraint from each of the fields from that section. Business Req'd , Recommended, or No Constraint. Set any/all relativ...

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

Copy html table to word not keeping settings
I want to copy a html table to a word programatically. I have manage to get to a point where the table is pasted. But the paste is not the same as if i would use Ctrl+V or Edit/Paste. For merged cells the font settings are not kept. Is there a way to keep the settings for merged cells? Or a way to paste the html table in a word like the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V does? ...

pop3 server and smtp what to write in set up to use outlook
I feel really dumb but I do not know what top type where it asks for POP3 server name and SMTP. Can anyone please help me? Thank you// "tomas08" <tomas08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C03476E1-D08C-493A-8ED0-A44D039D6B87@microsoft.com... >I feel really dumb but I do not know what top type where it asks for POP3 > server name and SMTP. Can anyone please help me? > > Thank you// You'll have to contact your ISP for that info or it may be posted on your ISP's website. On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:30:00 -0800, tomas08 <tomas08@discussion...

Outlook Client makes Settings & Customization menus disappear
Hi all, I've noticed that now I've installed the Outlook Client for MS CRM 3.0, my Settings & Customization menus disappear in the web client. I realise that they shouldn' t be in the Outlook Client (no problem) and figure it's due to a conflict between the two... I've tried deleting my temporary Internet files which works, but was wondering if anyone had found a better (one off) solution that doesn't need this sort of repeated intervention. There are 3 of us who have admin access rights that disappear in this way, so while it's not a huge problem for us (...

locking tabs w/macros
i have a workbook that employees use to track project progress. they enter project data into sheet 1 and vbscript macros manipulate this data and output it in various ways on worksheets 2-15. i want to lock sheets 2-15 so employees cannot enter data, but when i protect those sheets the macros are no longer permitted to work. is there a way i can prevent cell editing by USERS but permit editing by MACROS? this seems like it should be fairly obvious, but i cant figure it out. thanks in advance! Hi eric, 1) you might want to use the following instruction when protecting the sheets: ...

Auto height rows
I am working in Excel 2000 for Windows with cells that are NOT merged. The individual cells have varying amounts of data (anywhere from a few characters to over 1000 characters). All text is wrapped. When I double click on the row to auto height, it adjusts the height but the printed version still cuts off text. In most cases the row height does not come anywhere near 409.5 pixels. I saw the problem with bottom aligned text, but all my cells are top aligned. I am working with 19 files that include at least four worksheets with 300+ rows of data. It's getting time consuming to re...

Use combo to print report between two sets of dates
I am trying to print a report that shows timesheet entries for two sets of dates. The report also prints out based on the data entry person selected. The user selects their name and then uses another combo box to select pre entered dates. My code is as follows: Private Sub cboDates_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim FromDate As Date 'Name of criteria start timesheets date field. Dim ToDate As Date 'Name of criteria end timesheets date field. Dim FromOTDate As Date 'Name of criteria start OT date field. Dim ToOTDate As Date 'Name of criter...

Test environment set up
I want to set up a test environment for CRM. I understand how to import and export customizations. What I don't understand is how I will have another CRM instance under the same domain? Should I use the Adventure Works or just use my CRM license on a different server? Even with the Adventure Works, doesn't it have to connect to my domain and my AD and won't that mess things up? you can use virtualpc or even install a simple two server setup where one server functions as a domain controller in a new forest (is disconnected from your companies domain entirely) then add a ...

Problems Setting Delegate Permissions
I'm getting the following error message with Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone know how to repair this? This occurs everytime I try to set Delegates for a user, or any user for that matter. I get to the point where I have assigned a user the permissions and when I click OK, I get the following: Microsoft Office Outlook The Delegates settings were not saved correctly. Unable to activate send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. Thanks for your help, Can you explain how your AD environment is setup. Singl...

Locked problem when using .Clear
I am using the following to Clear a group of cells; Range("AP1:AP1500").Clear however, after using this code I notice that the cells are Locked rather than Unlocked as they were originally - this then causes problems in other code I have running as the sheet is protected when distributed. Is there something elase I can do to solve the problem ? Thanks Hi, > Is there something elase I can do to solve the problem ? Post all you code because that line of code won't change the locked status of the cells. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise...

How to set resolution of brochure.
Can anyone tell me how to create a brochure with a resolution of 300 or 400. Also, how can I see the resolution? I created one using the defaults but when I converted to open it in PhotoShop, it had a dpi of 150. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Can anyone tell me how to create a brochure with a > resolution of 300 or 400. Also, how can I see the > resolution? I created one using the defaults but when I > converted to open it in PhotoShop, it had...

How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mous.
How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mouse)? You can set the size programmatically: With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Width = 300 .Height = 200 End With katy wrote: > How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mouse)? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi, If you hold the shift key whilst selecting the chart you can move with the cursor keys. CTRL+1 will display the format dialog which will allow you to alter the height and width. Only thing is I don't know how to select t...

How do I set up a template to save time typing names
I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? traceyella <traceyella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more > than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to > keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? Create your message, but instead of sending it, save it as an OFT. WHen you want to send it, forward it from your Drafts fold...

T/F Can't set Hyperlink base from within macro
Excel 2000. I wanted to set the Hyperlink base from within a macro. Then I read: "BuiltinDocumentProperties Property Returns a DocumentProperties collection that represents all the built-in document properties for the specified workbook. Read-only." Among the listed built-in properties is "Hyperlink Base". Putting that together with "read only", I deduce that although I can set the Hyperlink Base as a user, this cannot be done via a macro. Am I correct or is there a loophole somewhere that would allow me to do this? Chris Beall Hi Chris: Sub chris3() ...

How to save settings for my printer to print doublesided from exce
When I print doubled sided in word everything goes fine but whenever I try to print doublesided from excel and I go for advanced on my printer and check the boxes for it and then klick ok - after that I go in there to check that it's ok and then all my settings are gone.. Why and how can I change this so that I can print double sides in excel aswell? ...

make row height a little bigger in a wrapped cell
I've got a sheet with columns at work date text (sometimes multi-line wrapped) $ nnnn.nn I can wrap text no problem but I hope approximate double spacing so I don't have to put a blank row between each item. I need the space between items so the text isn't squashed all together for a court form I guess I want to be able to say height of cell necessary for the wrapped text however much it might be plus n for each row height. I can't find a way. Is it possible? Excel 2002 Win xp Thanks for your help. If you're using merged cells, then this w...

Outlook Lock Up
I am trying to open my Outlook 2000. It begins to open but then locks up at the initial stages and I have to press Control, ALt and Delete and notice that it is using 96-99% of my CPU. It will not open. What can I do to open? Help? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it w...

Outlook locks up #13
I have appointments in Outlook 2002 going back several years. I can access old apppointments in the "Active Appointments" view, but when I try to go back more than two years in the "Day/Week/Month" view, Outlook locks up, consuming 95%+ of the CPU. I have tried a repair/detect. It had no effect. Any ideas? -- Dave Have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file to see if its corrupt? "Dapper Dave" <expurgated@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i66el2tt9mmnn4kqomjsk7hnig7g0mbqpm@4ax.com... >I have appointments in Outlook 2002 going back several ye...

Excel smart icon settings
Does anyone know in which file the "smart icons" settings are saved ? Tx Pegasus --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Eliminate annoying spam! My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster." http://www.ihatespam.net ...

Setting text color to black in inactive combo boxes
Hi, I have a dialog with several edits & combo boxes (and labels too). The data is shown for view only and i need it to be shown in black color (text). For the edits i use the read-only property and it's doing the job. With the combo's i have a problem, The text is displayed in gray no matter what... anyone? Thanks. yuval.gatenio@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a dialog with several edits & combo boxes (and labels too). > > The data is shown for view only and i need it to be shown in black > color (text). > > For the edits i use the read-only...

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

Set the initial Frame size from the view size
Hello, I'm writing a Single Document Application and I want for the View client Rectangle a CRect: (0,0,400,300). How can I set the initial Frame size? ( the window rectangle of the frame is larger because of the window border, menu, toolbar and status bar) Thank you, E.A. ...

Outgoing IMAP isn't working, can't change SMTP setting

Locking picture frames
How do I lock the size of a picture frame so it doesn't resize when a large picture is inserted. Can't find it anywhere with the app (Publisher 2003) Thanks. Create a one cell table, fill, fill effects, picture tab. You can designate the size of the table, right-click the table, format table, size tab. Picture frames will stay about the size you designate, they only change proportionally. The best way to minimize the changing of the frame is to right-click the frame, click change picture and browse to the file. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...