Headers in Excel #3

Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can
change the header cells, i.e. A  B  C  D  E ... etc?

Thanks.

Andrea
(508) 842-3880

Hi Andrea
no this is not possible. The best workaround you can achieve is:
- use row 1 as header
- goto cell A2 and to the menu 'Windows - Freeze Panes' to always show
row 1
- in 'Tools - Options - view' you can hide the row and column headers

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Andrea" <shrews.receptionist@nitco-lift.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can
> change the header cells, i.e. A  B  C  D  E ... etc?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andrea
> (508) 842-3880

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/26/2004 7:12:58 PM
> Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can
> change the header cells, i.e. A  B  C  D  E ... etc?

If you'd rather use numbers, try:
  Tools >> Options >> General
and check "R1C1 reference style."

Can i use Windows Search to find a number within Excel?
If i use Widnows search of the CONTENTS of files (not file names), i find in Excel, that for cells that contain text, they can be found. But, it does not appear to me that numbers can be found. Of course the number as Excel stores it may differ from how it is displayed. But, does anybody know if this is possible? For instance, i have a cell with the number 3,709,227 in it, as it appears in Excel (as formatted). I tried typing the number both with and without the commas, into WIndows search, but Windows search still does not find the Excel file that contains that number. So, any kn...

Excel 2007: Problem with refresh screen (when minimizied)
Hello On our network (around 40 workstations; Win XP Pro and Office 2007) we have particular the following problem: The user minimized the Excel programm window and do some other works in other applications, return to the minimized Excel window and want to maximize the Excel window. Result: The Excel window is empty. You can paricular see some rows or colums but often not. We try out also other graphic card but get no success. Any ideas? Kind regards, Martin Schweizer ...

excel 97 filename truncation in Windows XP Pro
I have a legacy application that runs in Excel 97. I have Excel 97 and Excel XP loaded on a new machine that runs Windows XP Pro. The legacy application fails because the filename of a workbook is truncated during the saveas command. When I do a manual saveas in Excel 97, the filename truncates to the first letter. If I do the same thing in Excel XP, the saveas works normally. There have been a few posts describing the same problem. I searched google and found this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl The last post in the thread suggested an answe...

Header & Footer
How can I get the same Header and Footer to show up on each sheet within a worksheet without having to manually type in on each sheet (using set-up menu)? Thanks Hi Scotty first select all sheets (group them) and goto pagesetup. This way your pagesetup is valid for all selected sheets If you already have a definition for the first sheet (has to be the leftmost sheet) of your book, just select all sheets, goto pagesetup and press O.K.. this will copy the format/content of the first sheet to all other sheets Frank Scotty wrote: > How can I get the same Header and Footer to show up on &...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Two Excel tables in MS Query
How can I link two tables in two Excel-files, in MS Query and result view in PivotTable? ---------------------------------------------------------------------- I can link two tables in one Excel-file. ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard SourceType:=xlExternal, SourceData:=Array( _ "SELECT `TKG_DATA$`.YEAR, `TKG_DATA$`.MONTH, `TKG_DATA$`.DAY, `TKG_DATA$`.TIME, `TKG_DATA$`.`INC/OUT`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C59/170`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C46/158`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C356/137`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C355/358`, `TKG" _ , _ "_DATA$`.`C354/357`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C32/142`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C30/116`, `TKG_D...

Outlook reminders #3
I have a client who is still recieving outlook reminders from several weeks ago, also, when opening outlook it opens every reminder she setup. Another users reminders are not working according to schedules he has setup, reminders are popping up late. I ran the command outlook /cleanreminders but this did not resolve these issues. Any thoughts would be appreciated. ...

Merging excel office data into a publisher office project(Australi
Having problems when I get to the point in the merge wizard "catalog merge template", with the DOB format to be entered into the membership card that I have made in Publisher. It reverts back to American date format. Could the problem be in the edit record section? All seems to be okay till then. I have checked the regional settings etc., all okay. When I have finished template of merge & highlighted the DOB field gone to language on tool bar and set language it still doesn't work then preview, it has reverted to American. ...

sent items #3
when i click on my sent items all emails appear to be sent to myself instead of the recipent. please help ...

how do I tell excell 2003 to print sheets back to front?
In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot find that command in excell 2003. Am I overlooking it, or have they changed the command convention to an obscure, hard to understand, jargon. FILE | PRINT... | Click on the PROPERTIES button | PAGE ORDER, i.e. back to front. "goochiepepper" wrote: > In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the > front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot > find that co...

How can i get more 3D shapes for Auto shapes in excel?
Please suggest how i can get more shapes (simple as well as 3D ) in Auto Shapes of drawing toolbar in excel & word? ...

Export Excel file to SQL
I'm currently doing a project where it require client to export excel spreadsheets to SQL. the application that is using the excel spreadsheet exported is a web-based application. Is it possible to do that? Any suggestion or recommendation is greatly appreciated. thank you Go to Enterprise Manager. Browse to your database in the left pane (object browser). Right click your database. All Tasks --> Import Data. Next. Set your datasource to Microsoft Excel 97-2000 or whichever Excel version you have. Click the ... button next to the File Name text box and browse to your Excel sheet. M...

Excell Cells: Auto Formatting
I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row and it wont extend. What can I do? When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit >information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row > and it wont extend. What can I do? How do I jus...

Page Headers
How do I do different headers for different pages within the same worksheet? Separate print jobs for each page. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:56:01 -0800, Nonnie <Nonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I do different headers for different pages within the same worksheet? ...

How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003
How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help menu and I cannot figure it out. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lenny" <Lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F05DEA1-E264-4760-9DDE-3C97319AA1D4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help > menu and I cannot figure it out. ...

Watermark in excel 2000
Hi I'm trying to insert a watermark from a jpg file. The probem is the watermark always stays on top and cover the text, no matter I use the "send to back" button on or the item. TIA /Per Hi maybe the following sites will help you: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And for Excel 2002+: http://cpap.com.br/orlando >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I'm trying to insert a watermark from a jpg file. >The probem is the watermark always stays on top and cover the text, no >matter I use the "send ...

Time #3
I hope this is an easy question, even though I can't figure it out. :-) If I have time in the format of: 24:13:03 HH:MM:SS and I need it in minutes only. How can I convert that? I have Excel 2003. Hi see you post in Excel.worksheet.functions -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Here@There.com wrote: > I hope this is an easy question, even though I can't figure it out. > :-) > > If I have time in the format of: > > 24:13:03 HH:MM:SS > > and I need it in minutes only. > > How can I convert that? I have Excel 2003. Custom format [m...

Maximum value to use autofiler feature in excel
Hi, does anybody know the maximum value to use autofilter in ms excel? I heard my friend told me that excel could filter only select data is less than 1000. He told me that he has 4000 row and use autofilter, an expected record is more than a thousand but the record display only 1000 maximum. I want to test like him too but I don't have any file that contain alot many thousand of record. Does anybody have any idea? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roath Kanel" <012633023@mobitel.com.kh> schrie...

Excel 2000 #38
Hi - I use Excel 2000 and wish to display negative number, accounting and currency values in parentheses. However in the Format Cell function in Excel there is no option to use parentheses. The only option is to use the -ve symbol or to display the value in red. How do I display the value in parentheses. -- Mike from Australia Hi Mike Try Format>Cells>Number>Custom $#,##0.00;[Red]($#,##0.00) Regards Roger Govier Mike wrote: > Hi - I use Excel 2000 and wish to display negative number, accounting and > currency values in parentheses. However in the Format Cell functio...

Excel 2003 ODBC Add-in
Where can I download Excel 2003 ODBC Add-In from ? Hi MS no longer delivers this addin with Excel 2003. But check out: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sqlrequest.html http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/xlodbc.aspx -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel2003User" <Excel2003User@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:687E3600-63A2-414E-A7B8-5366BE386667@microsoft.com... > Where can I download Excel 2003 ODBC Add-In from ? ...

DDE link error Excel freezes
Hi, I am using Excel 2003 and in one sheet I have a DDE link from anothe program. When I open the sheet I get a question wether I want to updat the fields or not. When I click YES the sheet normally opens and I ca view the data. But sometimes it seems like Excel freezes and I have t wait 3-5 minutes until it resumes. Anyone that has any idea why? The source program is always started first by the way. Kennet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel 2003, Opening a file
Hello Everyone, I have this problem when trying to open a file in Excel. It takes along time to drill down down in the folder list. Any ideas? Thanks -Mark I suggest putting a shortcut to the file(s) or to the buried folder that your file(s) are in. The shortcut could be on your desktop or in some folder close to the "surface". To create the shortcut or your desktop you can navigate to the desired folder (using My Computer), right click and drag the folder to your desktop. When you release respond that you want to create a shortcut (rather than moving or copying...

OWA running on 3 Exchange servers... not redirecting externally
Sorry for the vague subject. Here is what I have going on. I have three Exchange 2000/2003 servers, we'll see ServerA, ServerB, and ServerC. ServerA is located at the main branch and all incoming mail is received here. ServerB and ServerC are branch offices connected via a s2s vpn. My issue is when access OWA externally... I use our FQDN, http://mail.fqdn.com. Well, if the destination mailbox resides on ServerB or ServerC... ServerA attemps to redirect using internal DNS names (ie. http://serverb.domain.local). How can I configure OWA so that it will properly redirect externally? I ...

Excel cell display
I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I make that happen? Would Insert> Comment work for you? "slantt" wrote: > I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I > make that happen? Yes, thanks - I found that after I posted of course (newbie to Excel). I was looking to see if there was a macro I could gen to do the same thing... "ufo_pilot" wrote: > Would > Insert> Comment > work for you? > > > "slantt" wrote: > > > I want a text box...

Question On Excel Formulas
Hello, Is there a way (addin utilities or otherwise) to cause the formula in a cell to display the values for the component references making up the formula? -i.e =A1 *(B2+C4)/D2 would display based on the cell reference values as: =5*(4+6)/8 Thanks for your help, David S> Not in that way, AFAIK But look at Tools>Formula Auditing>Evaluate Formula BTW your requirement is one reason why I always recommend to do small steps per cell, so you can easily check all intermediate result. In your case, Cell1: =B2+C4 Cell2: =Cell1/D2 Cell3: =A1*Cell2 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...