Header & Footer #2

I often get files from other users who do not maintain the headers
footers properly.

Is it possible that we adjust the Header and/or Footer for on
worksheet and the Header and/or Footer is automaticcaly updated for al
other worksheets in the same file. It would save a lot of time, sinc
otherwise you have to go to all the worksheets and make the change
manually.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Using Excel 200

Hi

Group the sheets first(right click on a sheet tab and choose"Select all sheets")
Change the header in File Page Setup
Ungroup the sheets

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"vikesh >" <<vikesh.18b1wi@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikesh.18b1wi@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I often get files from other users who do not maintain the headers &
> footers properly.
>
> Is it possible that we adjust the Header and/or Footer for one
> worksheet and the Header and/or Footer is automaticcaly updated for all
> other worksheets in the same file. It would save a lot of time, since
> otherwise you have to go to all the worksheets and make the changes
> manually.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> PS: Using Excel 2000
>

> ---

rondebruin (3790)
6/23/2004 1:26:07 PM
had i idea in mind:

if we create a macro that copies the Header & footer of one sheet an
paste/updates the Headers & footers of other worksheets -then th
problem could be solved.

Is it feasible ?? since i don't know how to write macro in VB

You could record a macro when you do it once and run it for each sheet.

But Ron's suggestion looks a lot easier to me.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%23IMVrWSWEHA.2716%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl

"vikesh <" wrote:

> had i idea in mind:
>
> if we create a macro that copies the Header & footer of one sheet and
> paste/updates the Headers & footers of other worksheets -then the
> problem could be solved.
>
> Is it feasible ?? since i don't know how to write macro in VB.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
6/28/2004 10:33:19 PM
John Walkenback's PUP tools includes ability to copy and paste headers
and footers.  www.j-walk.com  I have no financial interest in the
product, but it is the most productive add-in for Excel that I have
discovered.

Mike

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:33:19 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
wrote:

>You could record a macro when you do it once and run it for each sheet.
>
>But Ron's suggestion looks a lot easier to me.
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%23IMVrWSWEHA.2716%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl
>
>"vikesh <" wrote:
>>
>> had i idea in mind:
>>
>> if we create a macro that copies the Header & footer of one sheet and
>> paste/updates the Headers & footers of other worksheets -then the
>> problem could be solved.
>>
>> Is it feasible ?? since i don't know how to write macro in VB.
>>
>> ---
>> Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Just getting started on this kind of thing (a newbee to excel), but I tried
out this code and it changes the header and footer in all the sheets in this
workbook.
Sheet1 has a custom footer and header "centered".
There are also Left and RightFooter properties available.

For Each Sheet In Sheets
    PageSetup.CenterFooter = Sheet1.PageSetup.CenterFooter
    PageSetup.CenterHeader = Sheet1.PageSetup.CenterHeader
Next Sheet

I guess the text for the header and footer could be stored as a variable or
cell reference if wanted.

Mark S.