Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.

I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have
Excel.  PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation.
If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet
sent to them for free.  If that person wanted to make any changes to the
file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel.

You can download XL viewer from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN
Watch for text wrap,
Regards,
"CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't
>have
> Excel.  PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a
> presentation.
> If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet
> sent to them for free.  If that person wanted to make any changes to the
> file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel.

0
alan111 (581)
11/14/2004 4:21:57 PM
Hi
you may try the Excel viewer:

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

CJPrevette wrote:
> I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I
> don't have Excel.  PowerPoint has a free download so that you can
> view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be
> able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free.  If that person
> wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to
> purchase Excel.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/14/2004 4:22:53 PM
That's probably why Excel also has that option:-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have
> Excel.  PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation.
> If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet
> sent to them for free.  If that person wanted to make any changes to the
> file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel.

---

ken.wright (2489)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Maximum file sizes

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

File size #11

"View Image Slide Show"

find action on log file

Linking files 2 ways