Group Sheets

Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or delete a
row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the group?

Thanks

0
bkfibrex (8)

Non-contiguous sheets:
Hold down <Ctrl>, and click in each tab that you wish to group.

Contiguous:
Click in the first tab, hold down <Shift>, click in the last tab.

Each grouped sheet will display "[Group]" appended to the sheet name in the
title bar.

Don;t forget to "UnGroup" when you're done, or you'll end up with a big mess
if you continue to make revisions to what you later think is a single sheet.
--

HTH,

RD

"Brian Keanie" <bkfibrex@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or delete a
row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the group?

Thanks

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
12/31/2004 12:53:04 AM
Hi Brian

yes, you can group sheets by clicking on the sheet tab of the first sheet
and holding down either the SHIFT key and clicking on the last tab that you
want selected - this will select all the tabs between these two, or holding
down the CONTROL key and clicking in turn on the other tabs to add to the
group.

Once the tabs are grouped you can add / delete rows, type text, apply
formatting - whatever.

To ungroup them, just click on one of the tabs, or if that doesn't work,
right mouse click on a sheet tab and choose Ungroup.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Brian Keanie" <bkfibrex@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or delete a
> row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the group?
>
> Thanks

0
JulieD1 (2295)
12/31/2004 12:59:31 AM
Click on the first worksheet tab and ctrl-click on the subsequent.

Then any change you do to one will be done to all in that group.

But be careful.  If you forget to ungroup, you could do more damage than you
expect!

Just rightclick on any of the grouped worksheets and select "Ungroup Sheets"

--

Dave Peterson
0

"RagDyer" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Non-contiguous sheets:
> Hold down <Ctrl>, and click in each tab that you wish to group.
>
> Contiguous:
> Click in the first tab, hold down <Shift>, click in the last tab.
>
> Each grouped sheet will display "[Group]" appended to the sheet name in
the
> title bar.
>
> Don;t forget to "UnGroup" when you're done, or you'll end up with a big
mess
> if you continue to make revisions to what you later think is a single
sheet.
> --
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> "Brian Keanie" <bkfibrex@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or delete a
> row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the group?
>
> Thanks

0
bkfibrex (8)
12/31/2004 7:04:13 PM
That hasn't been my experience.

What command has this effect for you?

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> That hasn't been my experience.
>
> What command has this effect for you?
>
> Brian Keanie wrote:
> >
> > Thanks to each who responded. I have tried your suggestions .... all of
> > which seem to work as I expected but they seem limited to one different
> > command at a time and revert back to single sheets after each "group"
> > command. Is that as good as it gets?
> >
> > "RagDyer" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > > Non-contiguous sheets:
> > > Hold down <Ctrl>, and click in each tab that you wish to group.
> > >
> > > Contiguous:
> > > Click in the first tab, hold down <Shift>, click in the last tab.
> > >
> > > Each grouped sheet will display "[Group]" appended to the sheet name
in
> > the
> > > title bar.
> > >
> > > Don;t forget to "UnGroup" when you're done, or you'll end up with a
big
> > mess
> > > if you continue to make revisions to what you later think is a single
> > sheet.
> > > --
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > >
> > > RD
> > > ==============================================
> > > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
> > > ==============================================
> > >
> > > "Brian Keanie" <bkfibrex@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > Is there a way to group several sheets in order that if I add or
delete a
> > > row in one .... that row is deleted in each of the sheets in the
group?

> > > Thanks
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
bkfibrex (8)
1/1/2005 5:40:50 PM
"Touching" the sheet tab is what's causing the "Group" to*ungroup*.
This usually happens if all the sheets in the WB are grouped.

Why are you trying to select a different tab when your original intention is
to revise all the sheets at the same time?

Don't go back and forth, between global and local revisions.

Group the sheets, work on all the global revisions, *then* ungroup and
proceed with any local revisions.
--

> Just a simple insert row command. Once the row has been inserted and I
touch
> the tab of one of the sheets to work on that particular sheet I need to
> reselect all the sheets I want to group again before I could, lets say,
> insert a column.
>
> "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > That hasn't been my experience.
> >
> > What command has this effect for you?
> >
> > Brian Keanie wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks to each who responded. I have tried your suggestions .... all
of
> > > which seem to work as I expected but they seem limited to one
different
> > > command at a time and revert back to single sheets after each "group"
> > > command. Is that as good as it gets?
> > >
> > > "RagDyer" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message

> in
> > > the

> big
> > > mess
> > > sheet.

> delete a
> group?

> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
1/1/2005 6:56:16 PM
A couple of workarounds.

Insert a dummy sheet that you won't include in the grouping.  Then you can
select any of the grouped sheets and not lose the "groupedness".

Or rightclick on any of the grouped worksheets--hit escape to dismiss that
popup.

--

Dave Peterson
0

RD

> A couple of workarounds.
>
> Insert a dummy sheet that you won't include in the grouping.  Then you can
> select any of the grouped sheets and not lose the "groupedness".
>
> Or rightclick on any of the grouped worksheets--hit escape to dismiss that
> popup.
>

> Brian Keanie wrote:
> >
> > Just a simple insert row command. Once the row has been inserted and I
touch
> > the tab of one of the sheets to work on that particular sheet I need to
> > reselect all the sheets I want to group again before I could, lets say,
> > insert a column.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > That hasn't been my experience.
> > >
> > > What command has this effect for you?

> > in

> > big

> > delete a
> > group?

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
1/1/2005 8:22:14 PM
Well, I guess I'm a belt and suspenders man.  I sometimes (always????) like to
check to see if I deleted what I meant to delete.

Trust excel, but cut the cards.

(If that makes any sense at all.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

Increasing # of rows in excel sheet
Hi all.. I usually import data from other programs such as SAP into excel and face the problem of excel running out of Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution possible to my problem. Thanks Rehan Hi no. 65536 rows is the maximum "Rehan" wrote: > Hi all.. > > I usually import data from other programs such as SAP > into excel and face the problem of excel running out of > Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total > number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution > possibl...

open an excel sheet in works
Is there a way to download an excel sheet and open in works or works spreadsheet? Not that I know of. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mike" <mikeext249@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:754C543F-E2EE-4B4F-9955-58682BCB14D9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to download an excel sheet and open in works or works spreadsheet? ...

Lookup from a range on separate sheets
Hi, I am trying to look up values from the same fixed range (c50:E200) in 45 sheets and extract the values onto one sheet (same workbook) 3 columns at a time (ie first sheet B-D, second sheet E-G etc). I can't work out how to put the sheet name (or a reference to the sheet number) in a formula in the destination sheet - is it possible or do I have to use a macro? I can write the code for a macro, but as it is statistical process control limits which are added to each month, it means rerunning the macro every time Any help much appreciated! Paul Paul, In the sheet/cells that ...

Embed Sheet
I am working on a sheet with approx 3000 entries, The first colum stores the company name, second stores customer number and so on. company can have many customer numbers which causes alot of compan name repitition in the first column. Is it possible to embed this shee into another one and use a combo box filled with all the company name to access the specific areas of the embedded sheet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Johnny -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I think this sounds do-able - first look at Chip Pearson's page: http://www.cpearson.c...

How to copy block of cells and keep grouping?
I have about a 150 by 30 block of cells. About every 5 cells are grouped together, making it significantly smaller. when you click the "-" to have them contract. I will take me days to go through and make all the groups again if I want to make the same block on the same worksheet. Is there a way to copy a block of cells and include the grouping? Thanks -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Is it OK to assign permissions to a group during ForestPrep of an E2K3 upgrade?
Hello, We're about to start an upgrade from E2K to E2K3. During the E2K3 ForestPrep, we want to select a newly-created group to assign Exchange full admin permissions to instead of an individual user; however, during our previous E2K ForestPrep a few years ago, we only selected an individual user. Could there be any conflicts in now giving Exchange admin permissions to a new group instead of the same individual user as before? Sorry if it appears to be a silly question but I'm paranoid. Thanks, - Alan. On 27 Oct 2006 05:35:52 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wro...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

Change receiving email for microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted group
I am retiring 2/26/10 and I need to change the receiving email for this and other groups to my home email address. I went to two places that I thought would take care of it but the one place wouldn't let me put in another email address. I believe I could only change the sign- on name. THe other place said I couldn't add a gmail address because the group couldn't go to a gmail address. Please help!! Thanks ...

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

cannot delete recovery storage group
I get the following error when I try to delete a database in the recovery storage group. One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager Why would I get this message? All the mailboxes in this database are in the disconnected state and they are not the real mailboxes that the users are using. thanks for the help Kevin hmmm...that's weird...have you done a search in AD for any user who might have the store in the RSG listed as their ...

how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formula...
how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formulas without allowing user changes Do you mean you want to be able to reference these cells in lookup formulas contained in other cells? If so, leaving these cells locked (Format | Cells | Protection), and then Protecting the Sheet (from teh Tools Menu) should be enough. You may want to make sure you have Select Locked and Select Unlocked Cells Checked, if a list of Protection Options pops up (Excel 2002 and later). tj "quander" wrote: > how do i semi-lock a group of cells to allow lookups formulas without > allo...

Excel spread sheet
Why random data is replaced with a number symbol. Date entered as 2/2/2010 but ######## shows up in the cell. iCould be a number of reasons: First try either widening the column or reducing the font size. Come back if that doesn't work "hondo" wrote: > Why random data is replaced with a number symbol. Date entered as 2/2/2010 > but ######## shows up in the cell. ...

2008 group MIA?
I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a message I posted to it asking for confirmation has not appeared... (I.e. message headers, when opened, result in entirely unrelated messages appearing.) No other problems with other groups in the same client and mailstore. I just made a new test post to see if shows up.. In the mean time are you having an SBS problem or just wanting raise the alert of possible problems with sbs2008? Bill Sanderson wrote: > I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a > message I posted ...

Recovery Storage Group: Invalid DN Syntax Error on names with comm
I have sucessfully created and mounted an RSG on my Exchange 2003 SP1 server. My problem is when i right click any mailbox in the RSG from the ESM that's name contains a comma (Kleinpeter, Rob) i get error: An Invalid dn syntax has been specified. Facility: LDAP Providor ID no: 80072032 Exchange System Manager This does not happen in the live database or in the RGS with names that do not contain commas. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. RK "Rob Kleinpeter" <RobKleinpeter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<BD474C10-309D-423A-8736-1759...

Insert sheet, move to end, rename with cell data.
I've spent most of my day trying to ask VB to do this for me, but don't know how to communicate it correctly. I have column A in "List"(Sheet1) with 150 entries. I want to create 150 sheets with Sheet numbers of 2-151. However, I would like for the tabs to read what the appropiate cell in "List" says.... ie if +++ (column A) ___ Fun Not Fun Cool +++ was my column, I would like the first four tabs to read "List" (my original sheet), "Fun", "Not Fun", and "Cool". Then they would appear in Microsoft Visual Basic as Sheet1(List...

Excel 2k opens 2 sheets within same window
We have excel2k with sp3 on win2k pro with sp4. my problem is when i open 2 excel sheet both appear within the same window. if i have to switch between the 2 sheets i have to minimise 1 n maximise the next. what i need is to open both the excel sheets in 2 separate excel windows. how do i do this? please advice Hi, Tools>Options>View Under the "show" section, make sure that the "Windows in Taskbar" option is checked. This should solve your problem. It might be slightly different in Excel 2000, but the same options. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "sp...

WPF
Are there any news groups specific to WPF ? "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message news:uiUfLnX3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Are there any news groups specific to WPF ? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en/wpf/threads/ -- Peace and Grace, Greg Twitter: @gbworld Blog: http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com ************************************************ | Think outside the box! | ************************************************ On 16-04-2010 11:31, Mr. Magic wrote: > Are there any news groups spe...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...

Grouped index
I've been looking for a (very) long moment but cann't find out how to make a grouped index (index with more than 1 field) in Access 2003. -- Regards, Georges "Geo55" <geen@rommel.he> wrote in message news:853it3pbu31b8ppctiqg16n682k0sr5sql@4ax.com... > I've been looking for a (very) long moment but cann't find out how to > make a grouped index (index with more than 1 field) in Access 2003. > > -- > Regards, > Georges Hello Georges, Open the table in design view. Choose View | Indexes or click the Indexes button. Enter the Index Name in...

Excel Data Protection Best Practice: AKA: Real Sheet Protection
Hello- Any advice for best practices for protecting data/methods/macros within Excel? Clearly, password protecting a sheet isn't the best security (free utilities to crack it). Scenario: - I need users to be able to access the workbook, but by no means, gain access to data within the certain sheets - I can hide the data by utilizing similar colored text and hiding the rows/columns - Once the password is created, it appears there are tons of free utilities that remove these passwords- Bummer. Question: - Any advice to help prevent the utilities from doing this?...

Comparing data in cells on 2 sheets
I am trying to find a way to compare values in a specific cell on 2 sheets, and if they are different values replace the value in the cell on sheet 1 with the value in the cell from sheet 2. MayJay To actually replace a value in a cell would require code as you could not use a function to replace a referenced value. What you could do is use an IF function in another columns which could then replace the old data, so if you are comparing say A1 on Sheet1 with A1 on Sheet2 you could use =IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,A1,Sheet2!A1) You could then copy this down Column A and anywhere where the data did ...

Hide Sheet
I want to hide a sheet in a workbook. The sheet should be visible only when I type a password. Is there a way to do this. Does this need to be done through VBA. Thanks in advance. Dipsy, You can protect the workbook. Tools - Protection - Protect Workbook. This will disallow adding, moving, deleting sheets also though. Or use this code: Sheets("Sheet2").Visible = xlVeryHidden A user won't be able to use Format - Sheets - Unhide. Only code can unhide it. This doesn't require that the workbook be protected. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period...

Copy and rename a sheet
Hi I'm trying to copy the active sheet via VBA and renaming it according to a cell value found in a master data sheet. The sheet that is copied is to be placed after the originalsheet (orgsh). I use the following code: Set orgSh = ActiveSheet Set newSh = ActiveSheet.Copy(After:=ActiveSheet) newSh.Name = "Week" & " " & Sheets("Stamdata").Range("A4").Value But I get an error referring to line 2. Can you help? Thank you Ticotion I use this code in some of my Workbooks. Sub Copy ActiveSheet.Copy After:=ActiveShee...

data migration of excel sheets to crm
hi, i am trying to migrate accounts and contacts from excel sheets to crm which is not getting dont. the migration exe file is run and log shows process completed , but the status of these file in the cdf migrate info table shows "not processed". i did import the data to cdf by dts succesfully though. please help. its urgent. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9062EE2-BF71-4ED2-9710-813C577A5405@microsoft.com... > hi, > i am trying to migrate accounts and contacts from excel sheets to crm > which > is not &g...