Gridlines in Graphs - is there an order property?

Graphics presentation guru Ed Tuftee has some recommendations for standard
column graphs.  One is to eliminate the gridlines and have the colums show
little breaks where the gridlines would be.  In Excel, this would be
equivalent to setting the gridlines color to white against a white
background, but having them "in front" of the bars so that it would appear
there were no gridlines, just little white lines across the bars.

Question: is there a way to do this in Excel?  Some graphic elements have a
"send to back" or "bring to front" method, but I do not see one for Excel.
Is there a workaround?
Thanks

There are some suggestions in the following thread:

   http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=3F0ED061.5090502%40nospam.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/15/2003 7:34:58 PM
"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> There are some suggestions in the following thread:
>
>    http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=3F0ED061.5090502%40nospam.com

thanks

Worksheet properties
Hello, For some strange reason....all new worksheets that I insert into a workbook seem to right-to-left orientation. So the A column is located on the right hand side and the b column is located to the left of the a column. Does anyone know if this is a setting from the menu or an object that needs resetting in vb? thanks,Matt Matt, Look at Tools - Options - International - Default direction. I think this is only for a new workbook. Doesn't change existing ones. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Matt...

create progressive graph for slide show
Hello, I am fairly good at the basic in excel but I can't work out a quick way of doing this: I have a large table of data about 50 by 8000 and am using it to plot graphs. The problem is I want to create a slideshow to show at a seminar which will start off using just the first row of data and then progressively add more rows and display each line graph one at a time. I can't see any simpler way of doing this except to copy and paste each graph into PowerPoint on a time which would take for ever! Ideally I would like the scale to update automatically but that�s not too important. ...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Quest
does csvde has limitied attributes to export ? For quest cmdlets, i can use more properties/attributes, but i wish to pipe to csvde for export. Can it be done ? Why not just pipe to a csv file -- Richard Siddaway All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty PowerShell MVP Blog and PowerShell User Group: http://msmvps.com/blogs/RichardSiddaway/Default.aspx "IT Staff" wrote: > does csvde has limitied attributes to export ? > > For quest cmdlets, i can use more properties/attributes, but i wish to pipe > to csvde for e...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

order enty form
help here is my problem i have a db that tracks orders and i need a form to enter the order number and part number and quantirty. i will need to enter allot of orders at one time so i want to use a comtinuous form to enter the info into the orders table what i want to do is enter the job # and the part number and auto fill the discription and size. i have a part numbert tabel with fields part number, discription size there are too many to use a combo box. i have an order table with fileds job number, part number , discription , qantity, start time end tine, efficentcy, total time , down time, ...

How to create a graph for a given regression equation?
I have a regression equation generated in Minitab. I need to chart that equation for different sets of data so I can predict behavior. How can I create a graph for the equation in Excel 2007? My equation of the form y = m1x1 + m2x2 + m3x3 + c "JJaya" wrote: I have a regression equation generated in Minitab. I need to chart that equation for different sets of data so I can predict behavior. How can I create a graph for the equation in Excel 2007? On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JJaya <JJaya@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a regression...

Quantity on Purchase Orders
Is there any way to see the total quantity ordered on a purchase order? The only quantity I can find is the Entries quanitity which is just the number of lines on the PO and doesn't factor in multiple quanitites per line. It would be great to see it on the printed purchase order, but I can't even find it on the screen. Maybe it's just me. -- Kris You could add this to the XML template that creates the PO report but thats about it. Ivan "Kris" <kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D478B1-733B-46FB-92D9-34C327B2E02B@microsoft.com... &g...

Closing orders
After we receive and order, we create the invoice with the create invoice button, however the order is still there as "new" or "pending". Is there any way to "close" the order as having been received? (CRM is expecting that you would be integrated to an accounting system) You could write a manual workflow rule to set the order status to Submitted and order status reason to (whatever); you may be able to get the workflow to trigger on something more useful like creating an invoice, but I haven't tried that Peter "Biyoojok" <biyoojok@gmail...

How to see ... Property, Details in a message
Greetings from Italy, I need to know IP of some messages I receive with Outlook (not Outlook Express) When I used Outlook Espress this was very easy: File, Properties, Details, Original message Using Outlook (2002) this seem to me impossible: How can I do ?Thank you Loplop Loplop wrote: > I need to know IP of some messages I receive with Outlook Right-click on the message, Options. Or open the message in its own window and use View -> Options. Or get the PocketKnife Peek add-on (free). > When I used Outlook Espress this was very easy: File, Properties, > Details, Or...

Changing the Tab Order
Hi, I'm wondering how do you change the tab order between fields on an input form? All replys are appreciated. Well, you really can't... But you can accomplish the same thing, usually, by changing either the size (1 column or 2) or the positioning of fields. It seems to go down the first column until it finds a field that is two columns wide, or the end of the section. Then, it goes to the top field in the right column, then down that column until the end of the section. So by positioning fields in the section differently, or resizing fields, you can usually get the effect y...

properties
Is there a way to print the properties sheet of a given control? Thank you for your help Joanne There is not a built-in mechanism to do this. It is possible to open the form in design view, and loop through the Properties of the control. If you want the properties for the form itself and all its controls, the simplest solution might be to use the undocumented SaveAsText to create a text file. This contains all the properties that are set. (It doesn't show the values that are left at the default.) As an example of how to do this for Form1, press Ctrl+G to open the Immediate windo...

How can I add a caption for each data point in a bar graph?
When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using excel...if its possible? See the Hover Chart Labels add-in on Tushar Mehta's web site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lexy wrote: > When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the > series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using > exce...

Reading file properties
I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set during the creation of the package file. Is there a C++ or C api function to access any of this information? Thanks Ray >I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. >If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available >showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set >d...

Graphing a Time Series of Several Options
I am having a difficult time getting this data to plot correctly. Is possible to plot the data ?? Thank you in advance. TradeSymbol TradePrice ExecutionDateTime TQAA06C10.00 6.9 38525.6115393518 TQAH05C20.00 0.1 38525.6113310185 TQAH05C20.00 0.1 38525.6113310185 TQAK05C17.50 5.2 38525.6111226852 TQAK05C17.50 5.2 38525.6111226852 TQAK05C17.50 5.1 38525.6111226852 TQAK05C17.50 5.1 38525.6111226852 TQAK05C17.50 5.1 38525.6111111111 TQAK05C17.50 5.1 38525.6111111111 VCYA07C15.00 3 38525.611099537 VCYA07C15.0...

How do I prepare a cost-volume-profit (CVP) graph using EXCEL?
How do I prepare a cost-volume-profit (CVP) graph using EXCEL? ...

Work Order Deposit In Drawer
Hi I have this issue. Let Say I have cashiers that work on the registers, and if they do work orders, deposit ammount is not shown in any detaild sales report. I understand that it is not sale yet that's why it does not appear, so I will have to go with work order's but on other hand , my customer wants to just generate one report with all the information needed. like there will be total daily sales, let's say 1000, and work order deposites let's say 200 , so "total sales" will bes 1200.00 any ideas ? ...

Graphing in Access 2007
I'm looking to create a graph (in a report or form?) in Access 2007. The source of the data is a simple query that will emulate a calendar with months across the top, and resources down the first column. I want a bar graph that shows the resources across the months where they are working. Thanks.... You might want to try this without using a graph control. There are some sample calendar reports at http://www.access.hookom.net/Samples.htm. The gantt type report does require some code. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Mark" wrote: > I'm lo...

Excel 2007 -- Dates in Pivot Tables in wrong order after refresh
I am using excel 2007 to look at time series data via pivot tables. I am importing the base data from a csv flat file into a sheet in excel -- that all works fine. I have then created a pivot based on the imported data sheet which has dates as the only enty in the Column Label. When I build the pivot initially all the dates are in the correct order from the oldest on the left to the newest on the furthest right. However when I update the underlying data sheet, by adding another months data and then refresh the pivot; the new dates are shown in a haphazard order on the pivot. ...

Properties on multiple users
I hope this is a basic question. I would like to set delivery restrictions on a large number of users. I can do them 1 at a time using Active Directory. Can I set this property on multiple users? More info: Ex2003 running on W2K servers. Domain controllers are W2K. Specifically I would like to stop students at a school sending messages to each other (Accept messages from Anyone except Student-Group). Any help appreciated. Take a look at ADModify from: ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/PSS/Tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/ADModify/ -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com...

Email Contact Order
When I am going to send an email and press the TO: button the contact list comes up as first name, last name. I would prefer last name, first name. When I examine the contact list, it displays as last name, first name. I cannot find anywhere to change this behavior. On mine if I go to the contacts and select View, Show the Last Name first, then in the message composition TO dialog, they sort that way. What version of WLM do you have ? Help (ALT+H), About WLM. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Greg Laskowski" <GregLaskowski@discussions.micros...

email properties
I'm unable to send out emails and told to enter an adddress or a name will be used. However there ARE addresses clearly visible. I noticed that if I click on the SMPT so the 'OK' button becomes active - then the address will send. I don't want to click on 2500 addresses to 'activate' them......id there another way or is this not the problem? ...

Order By not working under IIS7/Access database
Simple query, ordered by dDateField desc, cCharField asc, nNumericField asc. Irrespective of whether I have the "ASC" keywords in there, it's behaving as though the query is specifying DESC on all three order fields. Anyone notice this in IIS7? Tried multiple variations, no go. Thoughts? Steve ...

property serialisation
Hi , i have : public classA { private int id; public int id{get...,set....) } i want to serialize the field id,but i don't want to make him public(it works like that way). in the msdn it noted that public properties can be serialize too,but when i put the[xmlattribute] with the property-it fails. do i have to make my field public, or i can work just with the property? thanks erez erez shalom wrote: > i have : > > public classA > { > > private int id; > > public int id{get...,set....) > } Actually that's synatax error. You cannot have field and p...