Gridline problem

I am using Excel 2002 and it used to work fine when printing gridlines.  I am
using a Brother MFC printer and the gridlines used to print fine when I had
it connected through a serial port.  I've recently switched it to a USB cable
and now gridlines never print, all I get is a outline around my entire area,
but nothing in between.  I contacted Brother and they said they thought this
was a software issue.  I'm not so sure, but thought I would try this anway.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.  BTW, I have checked
to print gridlines under File, Page Setup.  When I display it on the screen
it looks perfect, but does not print the way it displays.  Thanks!
0
Vikki (4)

Vikki,

Try it with another printer.  If you don't have one, install any printer (in
Windows) -- you'll only be using it for print preview, which uses the print
driver for the particular printer in use to render the printout on the
screen.  To select the printer in Excel, do File - Print, select the printer
in the box, then cancel.  Now do the preview.  If it fails only on the
Brother printer, call them back (you usually get someone different, and
sometimes get luckier anyway when you call back).
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Vikki" <Vikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Excel 2002 and it used to work fine when printing gridlines.  I
>am
> using a Brother MFC printer and the gridlines used to print fine when I
> had
> it connected through a serial port.  I've recently switched it to a USB
> cable
> and now gridlines never print, all I get is a outline around my entire
> area,
> but nothing in between.  I contacted Brother and they said they thought
> this
> was a software issue.  I'm not so sure, but thought I would try this
> anway.
>
> If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.  BTW, I have
> checked
> to print gridlines under File, Page Setup.  When I display it on the
> screen
> it looks perfect, but does not print the way it displays.  Thanks!

0
someone798 (944)

Tarpiting Problem
Recently our SMTP gateway running exch2003 sp2 which has tarpitting enabled at 20 sec has begun delaying the final 250 code notifying you that the mail has been queued for delivery. I have tried removing the tarpit reg entry, restarting smtp, replacing key, and restarting smtp again. Am I correct in saying that it should only be tarpitting error responses? Thanks in advance for any insight someone may have. Thanks! Got it figured out. IMF/Sender ID was tagging it. It must be issuing some kind of 5.X response that just doesn't get relayed back in the session. I tested it by s...

sending problems with Outlook 2003
Client has Outlook 2003 (11.8217.8221) SP3 installed on a laptop. Laptop has 2Gb RAM, about 40% free on hard drive, and the processor speed is around 2.0 GHz. It is connected to the Internet via wireless to the wireless router. Signal strength at the laptop is "low." However, they can still browse the Internet. Internet is "regular" DSL. Receiving email is generally not a problem, but sending generally is. Even small emails (10-50K) often have problems sending. They just stay stuck in the Outbox. Larger emails (with attachments of 2-6MB or more) almost never g...

varchar(255) Problem!urgent!
I want to export data from excel sheet to sql server.There're some cells that have more than 255 chars,with the extra-255 chars being truncated during the export to sql server.how to resolve this problem?thanks a lot! I was able to try this and used the SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager to setup a Data Transformation Services process. Using the DTS (or DTS Import Data) wizard, it automatically created a "ntext" data type for the column that had more than 255 characters in it. Hope that helps. John -------------------- | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message | Fro...

C sharp problem
Hi i am making a web browser in c sharp i creat problem when i write something on a tab two combox it througs an expection about index 1 is out of range position plz any help me to solve my problem *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "faisal ghulam ghulam" <faisal_ali_146@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:eyicliCBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > i am making a web browser in c sharp i creat problem when i write > something on a tab two combox it througs an expection about index 1 i...

Powerpoint saved as "wmv" problems
I am trying to make an animation using powerpoint, but when I convert my powerpoint into a Windows media video it messes up the timings. The slides appear at a faster rate and the music file is delayed. when I run it in powerpoint it works perfectly but the conversion messes up the timings. How can I fix or make up for the timing adjustment. what software are you using to convert? are you using powerpoint 2010 or another software package? when i insert audio files to set to particular slides i try and insert them on each slide. obviously this wouldnt work if you had one set m...

Excel automation problems from VB/VBA
Hi, I am using Visual Basic 6 to automate Excel. When the reference to Excel is early bound (bound to Excel at design time), everything works fine, for example e.Range(e.Cells(w, x), e.Cells(y,z)).HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter centers the text in a merged cell. When changing that to early binding, I get errors telling me that the HorizontalAlignment is not part of the e.range class, though other operations work OK. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Daniel When changing to late binding???? Maybe it's not .horizontalalignment that's the problem. Maybe it's xlcenter. I'd t...

Auto-Fill problem
I use a lot of H/V- lookup. One of the problems I run into is that the auto-fill doesn't change the individual number references to rows or columns, only cell references. To get around this I usually hide on the page I'm working a simple column that counts 1 to whatever and then reference that. Is there a better way?? If you have a formula which goes across, you can use the COLUMN() function, like so: =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$M$100,COLUMN(),FALSE) This would be entered in B1 of Sheet2, for example, and can be copied across to column M to return in each cell the corresponding column...

Schema update problems
After i run forestprep and domain prep, and installed exchange 2003 software. I can only see the exchange attributes in one domain controller. I'd let it replicate throught the night but there are no changes. Is there any way to force the replication of the schema or update every DC in the network. Thanks in advanced Leandro http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232072 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Leandro Amore" <Leandro.amore@prisma.cc> wrote in message news:%23E7GTdiFGHA.208@tk2m...

Pivot Table Problem #7
hi, I want to un select some of the items in the child items of a dimension in pivot Table. So for this I have written a query. But unselecting part, visible property is not working. Tried to update "pi.Visible" = False when even year = 2003 . But it is not updating. Seems like visible property of pivot items is read only. Always the value is true. When i checked microsoft site, its written visible type is read/write boolean. where I am going wrong ? Or Visible property of Pivot items will not work for OLAP data source (my data source is poiting to analysis Manager) ?? ...

Office 2007 Ulitmate set up problem
I had a prolem with office & i couldnt uninstall office 2007 i manually deleted c:\program files\office & also office 11 & 12 folders in common files, i cant seem to reinstall office off the cd, i used system restore went back up to 3 weeks & that didnt help. the cd installed then i get setup error then it closes. is there a office 2007 uninstall utility? i used the windows install clean up & removed all office & that still didnt work. i want to get it all out of the machine inc regristry also & start over & cant. Please Help! If you rea...

Exchange 2003 "Send as" Right Problem
We upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 a while back, and eventually got off of 5.5 and went native. We are also on Windows 2003 AD in native mode. Our problem is that anyone in the Domain admins group can send as anyone in the company which was not the case with exchange 5.5. Does anyone knows how to prevent it? This problem as been around since Exchange 2000. To my knowledge, there are no workarounds ( that 'feature' is built deeply in the store code and seems to be very hard to get rid of). I'll be glad the day it will no longer work... "Pankaj" <Pankaj@di...

Problems in copying a Collection to another and removing elements from two Collections
Hi, two questions on Collections: 1. in VBA, the only way to copy the items (not just the references) of a collection c1 to another collection c2 is to go through each element of c1 with a For Each Next and Add each item to c2, right? 2. I have a collection c1 containing some objects to be deleted (the ones for which the Defective property is True). I want to delete them from c1 and at the same time to delete the objects in the same position from another collection c2. See code below: Sub RemoveDefectivesfromColns(c1 As Collection, c2 As Collection) Dim obj as Object, I As L...

Russ Valentine MVP: Can you help with my Microsoft Outlook Contacts folder problem?
Hi Russ, In searching for some help with my problem, I noticed you seemed to be the resident expert on solving problems involving Microsoft Outlook. I am running Windows XP SP2 and using Outlook 2002 V10 Build 4219. I deleted my primary contacts folder (see below for the longer story).* I then generated a second contacts folder and named it "Friends". When I go to the Contacts folder (under my personal folder list) I have series of blank gray bars and the title is "Contacts (blank)-(blank)". If I click on any of these blank gray bars I open up the window showing the spe...

Outlook 2007 Intermittend Send Problems
My Manager has been having issues for some time when attempting to send emails that have been replied to, or forwarded and have attachments. It is irregular and does not occur all the time, does not occur when sending to certain people, receiving from certain people etc; there does not seem to be a pattern. The emails do not get stuck in the outbox, they just will not send at all and he has to copy and paste the entire email and it's attachments to a new email and then send. Any ideas what is causing this and what might fix it? Much appreciated. "twinkle17" ...

Problem Sending JPG Files With OL2000
hi. the system here is WinXP Pro, SP1, OL2000 running on an Intel 2.4 GHz chip. i access mail via POP on a 56k dial-up. the problem is that i can send any sort of file as an attachment to an e-mail message *except* a JPG or GIF file that is more than 3 or 4k large. smaller JPG's in the 3-4K size send just fine. larger JPG's/GIF's will not send. OL2000 starts to send the message with the JPG/GIF attachment and then, after a short time, all send/receive activity appears to cease. the dialogue box shows progress halts at about the 50% point and then hangs. OL2000 eventually ...

Problem with synchronisation with Outlook
I wonder if you can help me. I have a HP iPAQ which I am synchronising with Outlook but I have a bit of a problem which I do not know how to fix. I have a database in Access which I have imported to Outlook. All the data is there in the correct fields. When I connect my iPAQ to the PC it starts the synchronisation and downloads the data from Outlook to my iPAQ. However, there are some fields that are missing in the iPAQ that are present in Outlook. For example the web page address field has data in it inside Outlook but when the synchronisation has finished the web page address field ...

255 Character limit / Comma Delimited Import Problem
Hello, A friend has a comma delimited file and certain fields have more than 255 characters. Is there a Q article someone could point me in the direction of addressing a workaround? Sincerely, Arturo ...

Need to color a specific gridline in an excel chart insterted to Powerpoint
I have inserted an excel chart into Powerpoint. I need to color a specific gridline. I have done it before, but can't remember how. Can someone help me out please!!!! Thank Jamie Jamie - You have to format all gridlines the same way. But you can follow this technique to add another gridline of whatever color you want: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzErrBar.html or http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryGridlines.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Jamie...

Problem with Calculated item in Pivot Table 01-28-10
I am using Calculated Item (Not a Calculated Field) in a Pivot table to calculate variance in Budget and Actual figures. Though this is working fine and I am getting the variance calculation properly. However the page filter is not showing proper results. Once I am using page fileter to see data for a particular geography, it keep on showing the claculated items for data which is not related to geography as per page filter. My file is available at the following link, I am not sure of the mistake I am making in this Pivot Table http://sites.google.com/a/yogeshguptaon...

Weird sound problem
Hi, I have a very annoying problem. Sometimes I have no sound when I get a new instant message. It doesn`t matter if the first message has one or more lines, it`s no sound; After I reply to it, all is back to normal and the sound works, always. I tried reinstalling, reinstalling using Revo program, even reinstalling only messenger without the rest of windows live components; also tried the repair option; After every install it`s always working when i`m testing it, after a few minutes again I have the same problem, with no system reboot or anything. And this is only happening now...

Problem deleting message from Outlook
i have one email that i sent out and came back as undeliverable that is stuck in my inbox and whenever i try to delete it , it causes Outlook to stop responding. how would i go about getting rid of this email?? if i open my wife's email it's fine , it only freezes on mine. Thanks Gord What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/onenote.htm "LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:Xns99986787BACFD11241959@140.99.99.138... >i have one email tha...

problem with COM optional parameters and/or .Net wrapper
Hello! I have a problem calling function with optional arguments from either COM object or .Net wrapper. I'm trying to find out if I can easily manipulate MapWindow ( http://www.mapwindow.org ) objects from PowerShell. I can sucessfully use some functions (like http://www.mapwindow.org/wiki/index.php/MapWinGeoProc:Hydrology ) through loading necessary .Net assembly, however I have problems using functions from ActiveX library. MapWindow has OCX element (with .Net wrapepr) that provides `Grid` type ( http://www.mapwindow.org/wiki/index.php/MapWinGIS:Grid ). This type h...

Problem drawing with GDI+ within a CStatic
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, or if it just a silly question. I am trying to make a little application which behaves a bit like a paint program. It has several controls, one of which is a static which I want to draw lines on with GDI+. The behaviour of the lines drawn on the static depends on the other controls on the dialog (i.e. some lines are not drawn if a checkbox is checked, etc. Also, the user needs the ability to click on the lines and have them change colour. I got this working quite well, but I couldn't work out how to get the lines to draw withi...

problem finding which cell a button was pressed from
I want to execute some code when a button is pushed (Form button or Command Button) but I need to know from what cell the button was pushed. When I try the following Set location = ActiveSheet.Buttons(Application.Caller).TopLeftCell MsgBox (location) I get the error "unable to get the Buttons property of the Worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? tks ABC I used the example you gave for a command button and it worked perfectly. Thanks ABC On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:41:05 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote: >Your code should...

exchange and outlook problem
Hello everybody ! It's my first post to this newsgroup. I'm starting with exchange, so I don't think I could be useful for you, but maybe to other questions I am, so feel free to ask me whatever you want. Feel free to go to my home at http://govinda.no-ip.com and enter to the site. I'm trying to install and configure a exchange server at work and i'm experiencing some problems with outlook and exchange. First, I can't work with Outlook 2003 and exchange, but i didn't had exchange update with the latest SP, so maybe it is the reason. Anyway I tried with Out...