Grayed out Close button on Title bar

Help,
The Close button is unavailable.  Is there a fix for this
problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall.
Repairing Excel did not fix this problem.

TIA,
Elena
0
anonymous (74722)

Do you use Groupwise?

"Elena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Help,
: The Close button is unavailable.  Is there a fix for this
: problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall.
: Repairing Excel did not fix this problem.
:
: TIA,
: Elena

0
nospam202 (664)
8/27/2004 2:01:32 PM
just to add to lady layla's response:

xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How do I add one line series to a bar graph?
I have a set of data for a budget. I have it set up as a bar grap with actual data for 2004, and to-date 2005, budget 2005, and 2005 forecast for the rest of the year, I want to be able to change just the 2005 forecast information into a line. When I try to use the combination graph it forces half the data series to become lines the budget 2005 and the 2005 forecast for example. I can circumvent this problem by creating "dummy" data series equial to zero so that their lines are non-existant, but I think there has to be a way to set it up so that this isn't necessary Ellio...

Save button to customize the toolbar of New Message window
Hi! This question is regarding Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP Home Edition. There is not Save button that I can choose from the list of 'Available toolbar buttons' when I try to customize the toolbar of the New Message window. This means that everytime that I want to save an email that I do not want to send right away, I have to click on the 'File menu' and then on the 'Save as...' menu option, instead of just clicking on a Save icon from the toolbar. Do you know how can I add the Save button to the New Message toolbar? I followed the ususal procedure of rig...

Two Icons in Status Bar
Dear Friends While i am running in Release mode. Two icons are displaying in the Status bar. How to fix this problem? Why these kind of bugs occurs in release mode ? Udhay How are you displaying your icons in the status bar? Perhaps if you show the code you are using it might be obvious what the problem is. joe On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:16:17 -0700, Udhay <udhyakumarm@gmail.com> wrote: >Dear Friends > > While i am running in Release mode. Two icons are displaying in the >Status bar. How to fix this problem? Why these kind of bugs occurs in >release mode ? &g...

Formating Tool Bar
When writing an email within outlook the formating tool bar is not accessable. When i got to edit toolbars the option it in grey scale and cannot be selected, does anyone know how to fix that? See your later post -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove al...

Shortcut to get into formula bar
Hi, Does anyone know if there is something I can type on the keyboard in order to get my cursor into the formula bar? Sometimes having to use the mouse is a little inconvenient. Thanks Press F2 -- Rgds Max xl 97 ---------------------------------- Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ----------------------------------------- "Jesse" <jesse@multidataservices.com> wrote in message news:E44555FF-D908-4773-9F53-BEA2CEBEF675@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know if there is something I can type on the keyboard in order to get my cursor into the ...

how to change caption bar in vc++?
Hello, Normallt whatever our project name is;same name comes to the sdi window created on execution.Can someone please tell me how to change the caption name on the window? thanks... use the function SetWindowText("Title") at appropriate place eg, For a View in OnInitialUpdate(), for a dialog in OnInitdialog() in your case get the MainFrameWnd Pointer and do it as follows AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd->SetWindowText("Title"); after creating your main window regards "sayu" wrote: > > Hello, > Normallt whatever our project...

How do you create bar codes in excel?
I am trying to setup a spreadsheet that will print off bar codes. I need them for an inventory tracking sheet. Does any one know how to convert a part number into a bar code? I did it a long time ago!! Bill You need a barcode font -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Bill G" <Bill G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B58CFA-17ED-40EA-96C5-1682A0B89F6C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to setup a spreadsheet that will print off bar codes. I need > them for an inventory tracking sheet. > > Does any one k...

Radio button #2
I have two radio buttons on a dialog and i want to have one of them triggered depending on a value passed in from its parent dialog. In effect i want to have the radio button state persistent, so that when i close the dialog and open it up again it remembers what its previous state was I thought about passing a message to the parent dialog when the child dialog is closed(telling it which radio button has been checked) and then passing this value back to the child dialog when opening it from the parent dialog. My problem is that i was going to do it through the constructor(pass state variable...

No Send Button #4
On my desktop pc at home I have Office 2003 Professional. When I initially installed Office I did not elect to use Outlook as my email program, but rather OE. Now, I want to use Outlook. From Outlook, I imported all my OE folders. I set up a new email account. From the Control Panel, Mail, I selected Outlook as my default email program. In Outlook I decided to compose an email. There is no Send button. Under the File menu, there is no "New Message" item selected. When I hover over the "New" button icon it shows "new message" in the tool tip. I can use the...

overriding the print button and File/Print
Hello: I have a model that I want to override the ability to print only one page. The model has 3 pages and the first page needs to be printed first always before any of the others. Can a macro be written that attaches to the model that only allows printing from a custom print macro? Or, something that when the user hits the toolbar print button (or File...Print...) the model always prints the first page too? Yes - use this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub Put this in the module attached to this workbook in the VBE and it disables printing from th...

How to add buttons in window client?
Hi, everyone! I have a problem that I wanna adding several Buttons in my Window client! I've serched some info about adding buttons on dialog, but no info about my problem. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Hi, Declare a CButton variable for the view class. Then define a unique id for the button (you may use Resource Symbols dialog). Now in the view's WM_CREATE handler insert this code: CRect rect(...); // specify the coordinates m_button.Create(TEXT(" caption "), WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER, rect, this, IDC_MYBUTTON); Declare a handler for BN_CLICKED in th...

Forms Retaining Close Button Properties
Maybe I just don't know the correct terms to google, but I can't seem to find a solution for this seemingly common problem. Some of my forms have the "X" Close Button disabled and some do not. The problem is when I open multiple forms, they seem to retain the view of the previously opened form. So if I open a form with the Close Button Disabled and then open a form that is supposed to have the Close Button Enabled, it is not shown (and vice versa). Of course, if I minimize and maximize manually, it reappears, but this is not intuitive or convenient for users. I have tried...

Forward email closes Word?
OfficeXP Pro/Outlook 2003 When one of our users forwards emails it closes the word document that she would like to have stay open all the time. Any ideas what I can do to fix this? ...

import closed/contacted leads?
Hello, Trying to import leads from another CRM solution into CRM 4. Many of the leads are closed or already contacted and we want to keep that status for historical purposes, but I can only seem to import them in a 'New' status. Am I missing something here? The import map doesn't seem to let me set the state or status reason. Thank you! Jon ...

show all price list in HTML bar for each selected item
In RMS client would like to see all the price lists appear when they select an item in the POS screen. MBS says this could probably be done in the HTML status bar but I don't know how to do that. Has anyone else had such a request or done something like this? Thanks ...

Close various modules/codes windows
Whenever, I open the VBE (Alt+F11) I find most of the code windows already opened and have to close each and everyone by entering Ctrl+F4 and finally opening a single module on which I seek to work upon. Any guidance, help and relevant idea by u experts in this regard shall highly be obliged. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz --How many open VBA projects do you see in Project Explorer? --Check out whether you have any projects getting opened during startup. If so remove them from your Book.xlt in XLSTART XLSTART folder usually located at C:\Documents and Setti...

closed transaction not shown on portfolio view
I have "show closed transaction" checked under portfolio view. I am using Money 2004 Deluxe. I did a June call option transaction which I closed last month, then after that, I did a September call option transaction on the same stock, which I closed today. With the current view, I should be able to see both transactions as closed transactions, but only the September transaction is displayed, while the June transaction is not. I went into the account to check past transactions, and June transactions are still there, just not displayed under portfolio view.. Suggestion? How the hell d...

List box in tool bar
Hi All, I was wondering if following is possible in a XLL using Excel C API? 1.) I want to add a tool bar using Excel C API which contains a list box. List box must be having some predifned values say "Item1", "Item2", "Item3", "Item4" etc... 2.) Whenever user chooses something from this list box, value of that item should be displayed in the message box(alert). e.g. if user chooses "Item2" from list box then a message box should display to the user saying "You have choosen item2 from list box". Is it possible to do it...

Smartlist Builder-Goto Button and Calculations button
I have a user that can do anything in Smartlist builder, except when they click on the GoTo Button, or the Calculations button, get a message: You do not have security to this window, I have looked in security but cant seem to find the option for this Has anyone else run across this? -- Doug I assume they have rights to the window that they are attempting to open? Can the user get to these windows through the menus? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.A...

Integrated bar chart and line chart
Hi, I have the following columns:- Date of Count (Column T) No. of Bins Counted Average Daily Total (Column U) Number of Goods in Bin Accuracy (Column V) Average Daily (Column W) Percentage of SKU accuracy (Column X) Average Daily Percentage of Lot Code accuracy (Column Y) I am looking to have a combined Bar and Line Graph with the abov columns. I want column T to be on the X Axis, and there to be two axis. Column U will be numeric, and use the first y axis, and column V,W,X will be a percentage figure, which will be related to th secondary y axis. I can't get it to work. Plea...

link button to an icon
After linking button to an icon, by : button.image = ... How can I decide what button size it should be ? Thanks :) Some problems, is that the icon is too small, and I want to stretch it, or handle its size. "Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:uPysKm$uKHA.6140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > After linking button to an icon, by : button.image = ... > How can I decide what button size it should be ? > > Thanks :) Am 05.03.2010 01:19, schrieb Mr. X.: > After linking button to an icon, by : button.image = ... > How can I de...

Posting to a closed fiscal year in GL
Is there absolutely any way that anyone is aware of(possibly a tool of some kind)to post to a closed fiscal year other than the most recently closed one. My client needs to post to 2004 but has already closed 2004 and 2005. -- Usha Yes, It depends greatly on what kind of transaction you need to post. Rather than going through each of the modules, tell me what you are trying to do. Leslie leslievail@earthlink.net "Usha" wrote: > Is there absolutely any way that anyone is aware of(possibly a tool of some > kind)to post to a closed fiscal year other than the most rec...

Button Style
How can we make an ordinary button look like "pushed inwards" by a user click on the same? Is there any property that can be used for the same? I have tried BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON in the SetButtonStyle function. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shiju "Shiju" <sasishiju@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136883274.404778.265000@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > How can we make an ordinary button look like "pushed inwards" by a user > click on the same? > > Is there any property that can be used for the same? > > I have tried BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON in...

Help with "Form DoCmd.Open and DoCmd.Close
The following two lines of code is not operating correctly. Private Sub cmdChangeVendor1_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "Invoice by Market Reviewer" DoCmd.OpenForm "Selections Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal End Sub When I click on the cmdChangeVendor1 button, I expect the form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" to close and the form "Selections Vendor and Reviewer" to open. But that is not the result I get. The form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" closes but that is about it. Nothing else opens. I have two forms that behaves this way. I have ...

Tally Strokes / Command Button / Macro
Greetings: I need assistance with a macro. I need to create a tally sheet in Excel using information from a survey that was returned to me by fax. Here is what I'm tiring to accomplish. I have created two sections in the spreadsheet. One titled "Responses" and the second titled "Tally Strokes." Each cell in the Responses has a corresponding cell in "Tally Strokes." I have a command button in each cell of the Tally Strokes section. I would like the total that is stored in the "Responses" cell to increase by one each time the command button is clic...