Graphic features of EXCEL..........

Hi,

I want to display the table data on Pivot GRAPH from two different sheets.
How should we do that?
Any advice will be great.

Bill
0
bill_sena (2)

How do I import several text files into excel or access ?
I receive hundreds of text files daily that i have to convert to excel. How can I automate the process so that i dont have to manually open every text file one at a time? I would start by browsing the google archives for some code that will put you in the right direction. Use the following keywords: "import" "text" "file" "sub". http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?&as_ugroup=*excel*&lr=&num=100&hl=en HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "acechef11" wrote: > I receive hundreds of text files daily that i have to convert to ...

Importing addresses from Excel
I need to import addresses from excel. However when I do, the zeroes as the first number in the zip code does not come over. Also, e-mail addresses get truncated. Any suggestions? ...

opening Excel worksheet
I have a user that when he opens any of the worksheets in a particular file, the formatting is all messed up. He has excel 2002. When I open the same file, it looks fine. I have opened it in 2002 and 2003 and it seems fine. Yet, he can open other Excel worksheets in different files without the same problem. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks, I'm not sure what all messed up means. Is it the objects on the worksheet? Have they moved? Is it the fonts (characters in the cells)? Maybe it's a font problem--if you change the font to something else and save and have the pro...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

stopping the date from changing in Excel (and Google Spreadsheets)
Wehn I enter "October 10, 2006" into my excel spreadsheet, it always changes it to "10-10" or something like that. Where can I set my excel spreadsheet to display the full date? Also, does anyone have any experience with Google spreadsheets? Any good? Go to Format, Cells, Number, Date and pick the date format that works for you. Carole o "Flicker686" wrote: > Wehn I enter "October 10, 2006" into my excel spreadsheet, it always changes > it to "10-10" or something like that. Where can I set my excel spreadsheet to > display the...

Excel Formula #8
I am trying to format spreadsheet. Need 3 counts. 1st count is for 90% and above =COUNTIF(H5:M16,">89.99"). Second count is for Under 80% =COUNTIF (H5:M16,"<79.99") . Can anyone help me with a formula for 3rd count, between 80% and 89.98? I can't seem to formulate it. Thanks in advance Hi Barb, Try =COUNT(H5:M16) - COUNTIF(H5:M16,">89.99") - COUNTIF(H5:M16,"<79.99") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Barb" <...

Graphics to change in dropdown
Hi I have loked on www.mcgimpsey.com and there are instructions on how to change a graphic when the user name changes. I have the data list validated with the names and Picture1 etc on sheet title "Names" cell range "=Names!$A$2:$B$5" and on another sheet titled "Cover Sheet" I have the drop down linking to the "Names" sheet by Insert>Name>Define and calling it "PicTable". Then I have inserted the following VLOOKUP on "Cover Sheet": =VLOOKUP(A34, PicTable, 2, FALSE) which is pulling in the names correctly but only pulling in th...

Cannot open excel file #2
I'm operating in an XP environment. I've an excel file with macros. Whenever this file is opened, the only way to open more excel files will be from excel itself. i.e. email with excel attachment - double click will maximise excel but does not open file. Windows Explorer - double click excel file will maximise excel but does not open file. The problem will continue even after I've closed the file with macros. The only way is to shut down excel but it's just too troublesome. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

In Excel how can I assign values to a Yes or No question with IF
I am building a spreadsheeet, where If a cell has a "Yes" in it is is work ..75 and a "no" equals 0. I know a IF statement will help, but I don't know how. I also want Excel to caculate from an inputted date how many moths ago it was. Can anyone help? Craig =IF(A2="Yes",.75,0) is all that you need -- HTH Bob Phillips "craigscoop" <craigscoop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72842B75-8485-497C-8AC6-01348498D73B@microsoft.com... > I am building a spreadsheeet, where If a cell has a "Yes" in it is is w...

Excel File w/ Hyperlinks sent via Email
Hello fellow Excel users. We are running into a very complicated issue with Excel files that contain hyperlinks. Just to give info on our setup here we are running standard Windows 2000 Professional w/ SP4 images on our network and Office 2000 SR-1 Standard edition. When users insert hyperlinks, which may be to other files or other resources on the network, they no longer work. The Excel files are being emailed via Outlook to internal recipients. The problem is when sending the file, the hyperlinks no longer work and default to C:\Documents and Settings\j030758\Local Settings\T...

Multiple Excel workbooks in different windows
How do I view multiple Excel workbooks in different windows. I have a dual monitor setup and want to have both open at the same time on different monitors. ...

Adobe print icon missing from Excel
One of my coworkers has lost the Adobe print icon from here toolbar. We have looked in the View/Toolbars and it isn't there either. Anyone know where it lives on the hard drive? thanks. sandy Sandy... Mine is listed under View...Toolbars as "PDF Maker 5.0". Is it possibl that you just overlooked it thinking it is called Adobe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks. Yes, we looked there first. I found it buried in her commands and we created a new toolbar. thanks for your effort. sandy >-----Original Message----- >Sandy... > >Mine is listed...

Excel: How can I get numbers without decimals ?
After entering numbers in a cell they appear as decimals. I have tried going into Format and changing it to 0 decimal but then I get 0. Can you please help me. Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck Fixed decimal -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Wamalapada" <Wamalapada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD30288E-CBD7-4CA8-B59F-896D37216F02@microsoft.com... > After entering numbers in a cell they appear as decimals. I have tried > going > into Format and changing it to 0 decimal but then I get 0. > > Can you please help me. ...

Open Each Excel File in Its Own Window
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to open Excel workbooks in separated windows. MS Word behaves that way by default. I'm using Office 2000 on Windows XP Pro. Thanks in advance. Regards, SBH Try Tools>Options>View and check the Windows In Taskbar option. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SBH" <barry-hu@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:gf4ev05hi7jrfmv8on8kskpjg8vqjs1v0i@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if there is a way to open Excel workbooks in separated > windows. MS Word behaves that way by defaul...

Excel Charts #19
I am making a chart with weird X-values. Instead of single, whole numbers, I need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc. Please help me!! My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving me crazy for days! How can I fix this problem?!! ...

Automation Testing in an Excel application.
Does anyone know of any software testing tool that is compatible with Excel? We have an Excel application based on csv files, embedded in VB code. Has VB user forms. Thanks. ...

VBS writing to excel file
Im using a vbs script to write data to a excell file but keep getting the fillowing error.Unknown error Code 800A03EC. I know the script will work as it has workeb before when small amounts of data are added to a xls file. Are their any limitations to how much data can be added to a cell? Thanks carmen The error is in this section of code. Do While status = 1 row = row+1 for column = 2 to numcolumns excelcolumn=column - 1 ExcelSheet.Application.Cells(row, excelcolumn).Value = oResultSet.GetColumnValue(column) --This line has the error next status = oResultSet.MoveNext numr...

Excel 95 vs. Excel 200x
How would Excel 95 react is I opened an Excel 2000/2003 spreadsheet that had more than 32K Rows? Currently Excel has a maximum of 65K and Excel 95 has a maximum of 32K If you saved that workbook in xl97+ as a normal workbook, then xl95 won't even be able to open it. If you saved that workbook as one of those combo-file type workbooks (microsoft excel 97 - excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook (*.xls)) Then the data in those rows would be lost. (And didn't xl95 have 16k rows???) There are other features that were added in xl97+ that would be lost, too. Robert (DHS) wrote: > > ...

Excel Locks Up #2
I'm running Windows 98 and office 2000. All of a sudden, when I try t open excel, the computer locks up. I tried un-installing an re-installing office but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks Loui -- sunrise-market ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sunrise-marketi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1584 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27332 Here's a helpful article: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=280504 I might suggest looking first at the corrupt toolb...

Macro is Excel to populate a word document
Guys, I appreciate if you could help me do the following: I have a table of data in excel and need to be able to click a button in excel that will run a macro and send that data to a word document (In the form of a table) Thats it Thanks a lot Andrew ...

hidden rows in Excel
I have a multi sheet Excel file and on one of the sheets, I cannot view the top two rows. I have tried every way I know and in help to unhide these rows but to no avail. I am able to access them. One thing I am unable to do is to try to change their height as I don't get the cursor sign to do this when approching the select all cells button. maybe this has something to do with it. The sheet has been protected but is currently unprotected. Can anybody help please ? Hi David- Have you tried this one: Click the cell reference in the Name Box (left end of the formula bar), to select ...

how to remember where you are in excel
New to excel, need help, the job I desire this is a requirement, I once had a job, but unable to process keeping the cells, straight, moving the data forward, and seeing which cutomers needed to be taken care of that day, and closed was imperative, and I need to know how to get in and out of a cell and how to set them up with great accurac y and confidence, none of which I have at this moment in time press Ctrl + home to go to A1 "Notthesamesong" wrote: > New to excel, need help, the job I desire this is a requirement, I once had a > job, but unable to process keeping ...

How can I install Excel 95 on a new Windows Vista machine ?
For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista. Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95 (ie Version 7) ) ? The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly to me.. Couple of ways to go. 1. Install Virtual PC.....downloadable from Microsoft site........and put WinXP and Excel 95 on that. 2. Partition your HDD and install WinXP on that partition giving you a dual-boot. Maybe ask over in the microsoft.public.virtualpc or microsoft.public.windowsxp.general news groups. Gord Dibben MS...

Can't insert PDF Objects into Microsoft Excel
Just posting this in case it helps somebody somewhere... Situation: Excel hangs for a couple of minutes, then errors with this message: "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action". Other Objects and Pictures can be inserted without problem. The problem seems to be Adobe Reader X, and possibly Adobe Acrobat Pro X as well (but I only have AAP 9.4, so cannot check to be sure). Adobe Reader X has a brand-new-to-Reader setting called "Protected Mode". This must be disabled in order for Excel to be able to insert PDFs into a spreadsheet...