Grabbing URLs from a Hyperlink

Hello everyone,

I have copy and pasted from the web into excel.  It accurately copies
the hyperlinks from the website, but what I would like to do is to grab
the URL from that column.

I've tried some paste specials...but that doesn't seem to work.  I know
there has to be something fairly easy to do. :)

Thanks for your help,

-Dwayne

Are they treated as hyperlinks in Excel

You could use a macro:

Basic approach:

Sub ShowLinks()
Dim hlnk as Hyperlink
for each hlnk in Activesheet.Hyperlinks
   msgbox  hlnk.Address
Next
End Sub
--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

smurdon <smurdon.vv9yb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have copy and pasted from the web into excel.  It accurately copies
> the hyperlinks from the website, but what I would like to do is to grab
> the URL from that column.
>
> I've tried some paste specials...but that doesn't seem to work.  I know
> there has to be something fairly easy to do. :)
>

> Thanks for your help,
>
> -Dwayne

twogilvy (1078)

Hyperlink shown as {hyperlink :[mailto:[mailto:abc@xyzco.com]"}
Hello- Something lately changed in my settings in Outlook 2002, while using MS word as an email editor. The hyperlink, is now seen as in the subject, instead of a real hyperlink with the link. Does anybody know how to change the setting back. Thanks. ...

Getting file name from url path
Hi All, I have a url path(CString) how do i get the file name from it in CString ?? I dont want to use _tsplitpath .. On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:02:09 -0800 (PST), jklioe <ranu2006@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have a url path(CString) how do i get the file name from it in >CString ?? I dont want to use _tsplitpath .. > personally I always convert strings to c++ strings ... string dir = pathName; dir.erase(dir.find_last_of("\\", dir.length()-1) + 1, dir.length()); But that entails the extra step of converting CString to a c++ string .... if I recall corre...

How to set program to view hyperlink? #2
When I make a hyperlink in Excel 2000, I cannot change which program opens it. Where is the set file associations setting? I am hyperlinking to jpgs. It opens my paint program (PSP) instead of my clipart viewer (ACDSee). I have disassociated PSP with jpg - jpeg. Associated ACDSee with jpg -jpeg. Set Windows Explorer\Tools\Folder Options\File Types to open jpg - jpeg extensions with ACDSee. This was working, now all a sudden it has changed. Any ideas? Thanks, Carol Hi Carol in addition to my previous answer: Which program is opened if you double-click on this file in the Windows Explorer? ...

MICROSOFT CRM URL
I recently encountered an error when trying to launch the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client. Basically just navigating to any of the crm folder structure caused an error to occur. Per documented sources, I've removed and readded the COM addin but to no avail. I removed the CRM Outlook Client completely and when trying to install it now, cannot get pass the URL for the server. Any URL, whether it is the qualified or partial or even the machine name will fail and give me the following error: "setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components." The IIS is ...

Hyperlinks #8
Does anyone know how to make a live hyperlink in Publisher 2000? To another location? To a file? To an e-mail address? -- Don Vancouver, USA "eheughins" <eheughins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1DE50BF-9FD5-4198-98F7-0096AC5E691E@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to make a live hyperlink in Publisher 2000? Just highlight the word, pic, whatever then right click go to hyperlink. On the right side of the window you have choices to link to. Email, doc, website. "eheughins" wrote: > Does anyone know how to make a live hyperlink...

Hyperlinking within a workbook
I have a workbook with more sheets than I can easily navigate through. I would like to create hyperlinks that jump to other pages, but afte following the online wizard, my hyperlink doesn't do anything (doesn' navigate to the sheet, doesn't give me an error). Unfortunately, th online help in excel only discusses how to link to a sheet in anothe workbook. Keit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Right-click your source cell and choose Hyperlink.... In the "Link To" box, enter an octothorpe (#) followed by the cell reference. If the reference...

Hyperlink in mail message and Word
Hi, Whenever I click on a hyperlink within a mail message, it brings up the Word program, with edit mode BEFORE the link is shown up on my browser (I use FireFox). How can I turn it off? It is so annoying. I'm using: (Office 2003)Outlook 2003 with SP1 FireFox 0.9.1 XP with SP2 It happened just recently but I can't claim it is related to XP SP2. Thanks. -Aston ...

converting hyperlink paths
I have an excel spreadsheet with hundreds of hyperlinks to pictures. These pictures were stored in about 30 folders, so the hyperlinks contain the paths to the pictures. I have moved all the pictures, and the spreadsheet from 1 computer to another. How can I write a script (VBA?) to go thur all the cells on each worksheet looking for a hyperlink. When a hyperlink is found it would parse the hyperlink and then access a list to tell it how to convert the path of the hyperlink to reflect the location of the picture on the new computer? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unce...

hyperlinks #5
When i insert a hyperlink in word and make it a pdf the hyperlink still works. But when i insert a hyperlink in publisher and make it a pdf the hyperlink does nothing. Do you have to do it a special for it to work? Hi justin (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || When i insert a hyperlink in word and make it a pdf the || hyperlink still works. But when i insert a hyperlink in || publisher and make it a pdf the hyperlink does nothing. Do || you have to do it a special for it to work? You must re-create the hyperlink in your *.pdf output program (such as Ad...

URL type string field 'hack' in 3.0 possible?
Hi all, Our client had a requirement in 1.2 to have a field of type URL that would bring up a Windows Explorer window when clicked. For example, the URL field would contain the string "file:///C:\Customers". When doubled click it would display an Explorer window with the folder location to C:\Customers in a new window. When trying to duplicate this in 3.0, there is a pop up that displays, "Invalid protocol. Only HTTP and HTTPS are allowed in this field". I've tried searching all CRM specific javascript files in the file system to see if there is an occurrence to thi...

Auto click hyperlink
Hi, I am very new to vba/macros etc. My problem: I receive many emails daily to which i need to click on a hyperlink within a time limit to verify receipt of the email. It is very tedious task to having to be on 'standby' to do this mundane task. I am trying to setup a macro where when an email is received it automatically clicks on the link for me. Is this possible? Thanks in advance,. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "malemodel_75" <malemodel_75[at]yahoo[dot]com> wrote in message news:OltCWJdpKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am ve...

How do I change all of the hyperlinks at the same time in Excel?
I am currently working on a project to hyperlink many bookmarked word documents to a spreadsheet on Excel 2003. It will have probably a hundred links. However, All of the word documents are saved on my computer but eventually they will be saved in a different location but with the same name. I don't want to do all of the hyperlinks until I am sure that I will be able to change all of them without doing them one by one again. I hyperlinked a few and then tried to use this code to see if the hyperlinks would change anything on it: Sub FixHiperlinks() Dim OldStr As String, NewStr As S...

Hyperlink in Outlook 2003 not active
I have an issue I'm hoping someone can fix. I cannot click on website links in Outlook. I have to copy the link or "View Source" and find the link. I also just tried to use a link in Excel 2003 and that did not work either. When I try, an error message pops up saying "This action has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." This is my personal laptop that has no other user profiles. ........Any ideas? See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply ...

Error when using 'Insert Hyperlink' connecting to a web page
It is now impossible for me to insert a hyperlink throughout the MS Office 2000 Suite. For instance, in Word 2000 the normal procedure to add a web hyperlink to a word or phrase in a document is to: 1. Highlight the word or phrase 2. Click the insert hyperlink icon 3. Click Web Page button 4. Navigate to the website to link to 5. Return to the insert hyperlink box, where the link is displayed 6. Click OK I get as far as 3 above and an error message box pops up with the message: 'An error has occurred while browsing files'. I have tried 'Repairing' Office an...

Cannot edit old hyperlinks in outlook messages...
I opened an old outlook message, selected resend this message. then proceeded to change some of the hyperlinks behind some of the text... Every time I changed it, then selected ok, it reverted back to the old hyperlink. I had to remove the hyperlink then recreate it... Bug. ...

turn off hyperlink
People, I'm using Office 2004 on an eMac running OS 10.2.8. I have a simple spreadsheet of people's names and addresses. I wanted to also include their e-mail addresses so I started typing that info into a new column. However as soon as I typed it in, Excel underlined it and wanted to treat it as a link to my Mail application. I finally figured out how to delete the hyperlink for each entry but isn't there a global setting somewhere that I can uncheck so Excel doesn't automatically set up an e-mail hyperlink every time I enter text that "looks" like an e-mail ...

Changing multiple hyperlinks
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of about 100 hyperlinks to files I use and, because some of our folders have been moved and the folder names have changed, the links now no longer work. I have tried using edit/replace to change the links but that is only changing the name of the hyperlink not the actual link itself. Does anyone know of a way of changing the links for all of the files at all please? All of the links have the same root for example The files U:\CommercialServices\book1 U:\CommercialServices\book2 U:\CommercialServices\book3 U:\CommercialServices\book4 ...

Hyperlinking to Word Files
In my database, employees have a unique identifier, their initials plus a 6 digit number. For example Alan Anderson is AA123456. On my server, there is one file folder with Word documents that contain employee reports. Each employee may have several reports but they all begin with the employee identifier, but end with a few different characters such that each Word document has a unique name. For example, Alan Anderson may have three files with the names AA123456M.01, AA123456E.01, AA123456M.02. I need to create on an Access form, a list that links any Word file in the file f...

Outlook hanging when I click on a hyperlink.
If I click on a hyperlink within an email, Outlook hangs and has to be force-closed...anyone have any ideas how to fix this ? Cheers ! ...

Hyperlink to PDF file is failing
I am using outlook 2003. I'm creating an email using Word (from Outlook). When I insert a hyperlink to a PDF file, it won't open the file when the link is 'followed'. Adobe opens for a split second then closes. If I insert a hyperlink to any other type of file (I've tested ..txt files as well as all other types of Office files) the links work fine. I can open the PDF files from windows explorer and they opens fine. Does anybody know why this happening? This is very frustrating, please help! By reading another message in this group I got the idea to remove the file...

How do I get a hyperlink to track data movement?
I have Excel 2000. I have hyperlinked Sheet1 A1 to Sheet2 A1. How do I get the hyperlink in Sheet1 A1 to maintain its link with the data if I cut the data from Sheet2 A1 and paste it to any other cell on Sheet2? Any guidance would be much appreciated, thanks. Regards Kev Nurse ...

Hyperlinking to Excel 2000 with a linked spreadsheet
We are hyperinking from our intranet to a spreadsheet with is linked to a second spreadsheet, when you first open the spreadsheet it works fine if you try to re-open the spreadsheet again after you have exited your browser the message that the linked spreadsheet is still open appears. There is no excel window open but in Task Manager there is an Excel.exe process running. Any ideas have I can automatically get the spreadsheet to close the linked sheet upon exiting? ...

Can't get hyperlinks to open in OE
I have tried all the fixes that I have found to get the hyperlinks to open in OE. All I get when I click on a hyperlink is a funky kerplunk sound and nothing happens. I have been to several websites that all offer the same answers but none of the work for me. Does anybody know how to fix this problem. It is a major pain to copy and paste if the link isn't there and it says "Click Here". I would appreciate any help I can get. This is very frustrating. Thanks Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried all the fixes that I have found to get...

Url to display advanced find result
Anyone knows how the exact syntax to display the result of a saved advanced find query? I'm trying to use the AdvancedFind/fetchData.aspx?... page, but I receive an error. We want to display the result of the advanced find in an IFrame. Geer The UserQuery table saves an XMLfetch column which may help you select fetchxml from dbo.UserQueryBase -GB ...

Passing multiple parameters in URL ...need help quick
Report 1 has parameter @Department_ID Report 2 SQL select...where department_id in(@Department_ID) Tried Bruce's example of passing multiple params. Below: CREATE FUNCTION parms_list_to_tbl (@list nvarchar(MAX)) RETURNS @tbl TABLE (number int NOT NULL) AS BEGIN DECLARE @pos int, @nextpos int, @valuelen int SELECT @pos = 0, @nextpos = 1 WHILE @nextpos > 0 BEGIN SELECT @nextpos = charindex(',', @list, @pos + 1) SELECT @valuelen = CASE WHEN @nextpos > 0 THEN @nextp...