go to next cell and paste question

I am writing a macro that is supposed to take certain cells from a
"interface" page, remove them, and paste to a string of cells o
another. That is easy, but I cant figure out how to make them go t
another set of cells, if the ones I recorded are filled.

Example:

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 8/4/2004 by Lane Lacy
'

'
ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=17
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 239
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=10
Range("IV2:IV7").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Cut
Sheets("productivity").Select
Range("B3").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

If this runs over and over, can it paste to the next range"c3', the
"d3","f3" and so on...? Thanks, Sunn

Hi,

I modified your code to do such.  Try this.

jeff
------------------
Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 8/4/2004 by Lane Lacy
'

'
ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=17
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 239
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=10
Range("IV2:IV7").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Cut
Sheets("productivity").Select
lastcol = ActiveSheet.Cells("3", Columns.Count).End
(xlToLeft).Column
Range(Cells(3, lastcol + 1), Cells(3, lastcol + 1)).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

cells from an
>"interface" page, remove them, and paste to a string of
cells on
>another. That is easy, but I cant figure out how to make
them go to
>another set of cells, if the ones I recorded are filled.
>
>Example:
>
>Sub Macro1()
>'
>' Macro1 Macro
>' Macro recorded 8/4/2004 by Lane Lacy
>'
>
>'
>ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=17
>ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 239
>ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=10
>Range("IV2:IV7").Select
>Selection.Copy
>Application.CutCopyMode = False
>Selection.Cut
>Sheets("productivity").Select
>Range("B3").Select
>ActiveSheet.Paste
>End Sub
>

>If this runs over and over, can it paste to the next
range"c3', then
>"d3","f3" and so on...? Thanks, Sunny
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/5/2004 1:27:58 PM
I am writing a macro that is supposed to take certain cells from a
"interface" page, remove them, and paste to a string of cells o
another. That is easy, but I cant figure out how to make them go t
another set of cells, if the ones I recorded are filled. I have trie
this, but no luck. Anyone?

Range("I23:I34").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Cut
Sheets("productivity").Select
lastcol = ActiveSheet.Cells("3", Columns.Count).End
(xlToLeft).Column
Range(Cells(3, lastcol + 1), Cells(3, lastcol + 1)).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Thanks, Lan

how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel
If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column. Nothing happen. Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one cell Hi Search for 'specifications' in Help: It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.' -- Andy. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E6CFE-88D9-4F4C-950E-56F0885C3096@microsoft.com... > If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell o...

Data to Chart Question/How-to
Below is my data layout as it is right now. What I want my chart to look like is described as... The Vertical Left Area is the Document ID Column The Horizontal Bottom Row is the Reviewer (Revwr #?) The Secondary Vertical Right is the Days Overdue Numbers So far I've tried to use a Scatter, Line, Bar, and also Combining them too but nothing seems to yield the results I am looking for. I hope that the data outline below shows up well enough but if not then let me know and I'll try again. Document ID Revwr #1 Revwr #2 Revwr #3 Revwr #4 Days Overdue Document #001 X X ...

Access Licensing (distribution question)
Hi New to this group, let me introduce myself quickly. Im Jamie Brown and a programmer from the uk. Nice to meet you all. I have developed a system, front end Access 2003, backend SQL 2000. I currently distribute the front end (ade) to over 50 pcs, each one currently has Access 2003 installed on it. My question is, is there a way of compiling the front end so I dont actually need Access installed on the 50 pcs? I have a license for development on my PC but so I really require a further 50 licenses? The bosses are keen to cut costs (arnt they all) and this is one area I can see potential. ...

BCC question
Hello I am running Exchange 2003 sp2. A user sent out an email to another user both users are on the same Exchange server, but another user also got this email. Example joe sent the email to mike mike got the email but so did susan. I looked at the email and there doesnt appear to be any BCCing going on. IS it possible that Exchange accidentally BCC'd the email to another user? i also looked at the recpients account and the deliver option is at the defaults. Thanks I'd check Outlook delegates or forwarding rules on Mike's client. The source problem is highly unlikely to ...

a sample question about excel VBA
How can I make msgbox like this? �� there are X sheets of this workbook the first page name is : Sheets(1).Name the secod page name is : Sheets(2).Name �� until to the last page the X page mane is : Sheets(X).Name How can I write this module? Sub WorksheetNames() Dim i As Long Dim strAnswer As String strAnswer = _ "There are " & Worksheets.Count & _ " sheets of this workbook" For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count strAnswer = strAnswer & vbCr & _ "Sheet " & i & " : " & _...

Writing programs for the manipulation of data cells?
I'm new to Excel and I think I can do this with macros. In that case, where can I find a list of Excel functions? On 18 Mar, 10:38, "Scott H" <nospam> wrote: > I'm new to Excel and I think I can do this with macros. In that case, where > can I find a list of Excel functions? Have you tried the help? I would also highly recommend Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MainPage.aspx The great thing about Excel is there are so many high quality advice sites that are easily found. ...

how to format cells so that it only shows thousands.
howdy, i want to format cells so that number like 1,234,567 = 1,234 or 1235 how can i do this other than divide by 10. i just want to use the format number feature. thanks kev : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the custom format 0, or use 0,0, >-----Original Message----- >howdy, > > >i want to format cells so that > >number like > >1,234,567 = 1,234 or 1235 > > >how can i do this other than divide by 10. > >i just want to use the format number feature. > > >thanks > >kev :) > > >--- >Mess...

How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?
I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I would like all of this information in one cell and in the standard format of: name address phone etc. I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I cut and paste it from a Word document. Could someone please tell me how to format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell? Hi use ALT+ENTER for inserting line breaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

Display actual contents of cell
In excel I have some very large text entries. When I position on the cell the entire contents of the cell is displayed but the cell itself truncates the text when not positioned on the cell. I have tried sizing the cell to accommodate the text but even thought the cell is bigger and obviously has white space the text is still truncated. I have a word document that references via link some of these cells and the text in the word document is truncatedas well. How can I fix this? Help! Hi Excel has a limit of displaying 1024 characters per cell., To extend this limit enter some manual line...

Naming a cell
This was a question given on a Excel test I was given. Rita, To name a cell or range of cells, just select the cell(s) and enter the name in the Name Box, located to the left of the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Rita" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03cb01c3c630$17c56c50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > This was a question given on a Excel test I was given. "Rita" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03cb01c3c630$17c56c50$a00128...

Quick Permissions Question
Dear Outlook 2003 Users, Is there any fast method of giving Person X permission to everyone's calendar permissions? I'd hate to go into 75 accounts and manually change add Person X to each user's calendar permissions. This person is the admin and needs to be able to adjust people's schedules. Thanks! Kevin See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools for solutions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Admi...

Linking a cell to a chart title
How do I link a chart title to a cell reference in another worksheet? I have over 200 graphs in one spreadsheet and need a quick way to update the titles when mgmt changes for each sales team. ...

A simple question..help!!!
Ok, i'm trying to e-mail with Outlook....now can someone please tell me what the heck happened to the SEND button???? I have searched and searched for it. Where is it?? Please anyone help me out here. Thanks. Amy Hi Amy, which Outlook are you using? 2000?2003?XP? Did you create first of all an email account? Without email account outlook won't show a send button, I think. Or perhabs it is hidden on the toolbar? Greetings Steffi "fireeyesamy" <fireeyesamy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09522C66-14EA-4EB1-B3EB-151209810942@microsoft.com... > O...

Getting any formula to stop at the next blank space
I frequently write VLOOKUP and SUMIF formulas for my spreadsheets an have found myself typing the same thing over and over. How can I ad in a command that makes each formula stop at the next blank. I als have to make the formula references "absolutes". What I'm wanting t do is copy and paste the same formula down without sacrifices th absolute references -- ajpower ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajpowers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

OWA Question #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 with IIS 6. Is there a less graphical version or option for people that have a dial up connection? Yes. You can use the basic version per the following: 821909 Use Exchange Server 2003 Outlook Web Access Basic with Browsers Earlier http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821909 And this should help you with setting it up: 830827 How to manage Outlook Web Access features in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830827 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting i...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #3
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ You can just type = and then click the cell if you want to be duplicate. "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do...

building an external link based on a cell value
I would like to build an external link in a spreadsheet that automatically changes based on a cell value. For example, I have the following link: =SUMIF('[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]Mar04'! $14:$14,P5,'[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]Mar04'! $18:$18) Instead of Mar04 in the formula above, I would like to use a cell's contents.... cell A8 for example. Is this possible? Thanks, Jason Jason You can use the INDIRECT function. =SUMIF(INDIRECT("'[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]" & A8 & "'!$14:$14"),P5... Indirect ...

Counting Cells
I wish to count the cells in one column using criteria in another column. The criteria is in Text form. Any help Please!!! :cool: -- markinblackuk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ markinblackuk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28360 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479409 Hi Try =COUNTIF(A:A,"="&B1) Regards Roger Govier markinblackuk wrote: > I wish to count the cells in one column using criteria in another > column. The criteria is in Text ...

VBA Question
I have a userform that performs a very expensive (time consuming) operation when the user clicks ok. Is there is any way to allow the cancel button to be pressed while performing the operation? I believe that this is not possible with VBA as I believe that Excel is single threaded. Can anyone confirm this? There's always the end command but you might need to manage the consequences if it is half way through something. You would have to display the form as modeless in xl2000 or higher to be able to allow the user to interact with the form while the process is running. A cleaner method m...

Absolute cell reference
I have three worksheets of identical layout (and in the same workbook), the 3rd sheet being the where I aggregate the numbers of the previous two. I am mystified by the fact that the cell in the same position in sheet one is assumed to be a relative reference (e.g., Sheet1!B24) whereas cell B24 in the second sheet is automatically assumed to be an absolute reference (e.g., Sheet2!$B$24. Any ideas why this happens? ...

Saving A File Name Of A Cell
I am currently running Excel 2003. I have 2 questions that I reall hope someone could help with. Actually it is a 2 part question, dealing for me with the same area. What I am looking to do is create a button which I understand how t do, but what I would want this button to do is first look at a specifi cell to get a name. Once it has the name, save the file off under thi name. So let's say I have cell A1 and the value is "RadicalROM" eventhough my current file name is "Testing" it would do a save a "RadicalROM". Ok that is the first part. The second pa...

format cells not to except dashes
I am trying to format a range of cells not to except dashes (-) ie. when entering phone numbers 123-123-1234 Format is a display function only, it doesn't affect how entries are parsed (I assume you mean "accept"). You can use validation. Select your range (I'll assume that A1 is the active cell). Choose Data/Validation/Allow:Custom with the formula =ISERR(FIND("-",A1)) In article <6ADB6887-0F6C-4D23-A2D4-CCCFC69CD006@microsoft.com>, "kclover" <kclover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to format a range of cells...

POS question
I have noticed that after each transaction in POS, a pop up window shows up anouncing "Transaction Completed". This window needs to be closed prior to scanning proucts for next transaction. If the cashier forgets to close this window, then the first product scanned closes this window but the item or the price does not show up on the POS screen - in other words the 1st item is not charged to the customer. Is there a way to eliminate the pop up window?? Any help is appreciated. Regards JD ...

repeat a formula, skipping cells
Microsoft excel. Is it possible to quickly repeat, or copy, a formula down a column skipping the same number of rows with each copy. e.g. give the total of a1..a4 in b4 and copy this so that you get a5..a8 in b8, a9..a12 in b12, etc. Hi Select B1:B4 (b1:b3 = empty and in B4 =SUM(A1:A4)) And copy the four cells down -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Hucleberry Hound" <Hucleberry Hound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DB11D78-DECD-49A5-A156-60FF5613A9AF@microsoft.com... > Microsoft excel. Is it possible to quickly repeat, or copy, a f...

Break Cells
I have a file that was created by an application called Case Ware. Normally when I try to open a file that is not an .xls file I get prompted with the formatting screen to enable me to break up the file into cells. With this file it is saved as an .xls file and when I open the file it does not prompt me to do this. The problem I am having is that it fills rows and I need it broken down to cells. Is there any thing that I can do? I have tried renaming / changing the files extension to try to trick excel with no luck. Justin Figured it out - never mind. Used the Text to Columns feature. ...