go to cell with date equaling TODAY()

Hello! I have a spreadsheet with January 01, 2006 thru December 31, 2006 in
ascending order in column A, each date in a different cell  (A1, A2, A3,
etc.). I don't enter data into this sheet everyday..in fact, months could go
by before having to enter an occurance for say, March 31.  Is there a way to
have excel, upon opening the spreadsheet, advance the cursor to the cell with
that day's date in it?

--
Thank you all for your help!
0

Using function Date rather than Today()
Works for me.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
 Dim r As Long
 Dim T As Long
 T = Date
 r = Application.Match(T, Columns(1), True)
 Application.Goto Cells(r, 1)
 End Sub

Put the code in  "this workbook"
to get there right click onto the icon to the left of "File" in the menu
bar.

select view code and select "this workbook"  select workbook in the dropdown
of the left pane.
insert the code without the top line and the "end sub" line as they are
already there.........
--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"James D" <JamesD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello! I have a spreadsheet with January 01, 2006 thru December 31, 2006
> in
> ascending order in column A, each date in a different cell  (A1, A2, A3,
> etc.). I don't enter data into this sheet everyday..in fact, months could
> go
> by before having to enter an occurance for say, March 31.  Is there a way
> have excel, upon opening the spreadsheet, advance the cursor to the cell
> with
> that day's date in it?
>

> --
> Thank you all for your help!

counting cells with a formula
hi, I want to count cells with a specific value. I don't know how i can put this in a formula, can anybody help me with this problem. regards, ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ solo_razor wrote: > hi, > > I want to count cells with a specific value. I don't know how i can > put this in a formula, can anybody help me with this problem. > > regards, > > > > ------------------------------------------------ > ~~ Mes...

How do I plot date against time?
I want to plot date against time. I have dates, the moonrise and moonset times. I would like the date on the horizontal axis and a time scale on the vertical axis, plotting the time of the moonrise and moonset as two different series. The data looks like this: Date Rise Set 10/01/07 21:03 12:05 10/02/07 22:06 13:09 10/03/07 23:14 14:01 10/04/07 14:43 10/05/07 0:23 15:16 10/06/07 1:31 15:43 .... (sometimes rise/set are blank because the moon rose on the previous day; there was no moonrise on a specific date) I understand that the preferred format is an XY chart (lines)? When I do it this ...

about date time picker in VC7.1 again.
Hi, I did the specific casting of as NMHDR instead of NMDATETIMECHANGE and it compiles in VC7.1 . But for this particular handler OnDateTimeChangeNotify() Inside this handler I am checking if the date time picker control has set valid date time {if (dtmh->dwFlags == GDT_VALID)}. For that I need to read flags set in NMDATETIMECHANGE type of structure. How do I do this, or should i assume it to be valid date time always? Earlier the handler looked like this: ***************** // This traps the DTN_DATETIMECHANGE notification and checks that the date/time has actually changed. If it h...

CRM Calendar highlighting dates with appointments
Using MS CRM v1.2 - I've had multiple requests from users who would like the Calendar in MS CRM to indicate which dates have appointments or other scheduled objects coming due on that day. When looking at the monthly calendar (top right in Workplace/Calendar), you cannot see if you have an appointment on any particular date. The request has been that dates with appointments could turn bold as we see in the calendar in Outlook. Hi! We have a GroupCalendar-AddOn for MS CRM which addresses exactly your problems! Features of GroupCalendar: -) you will see in the month,week,day view ...

modify linked cells without breaking link
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets (2003.) The 2nd and 3rd worksheets have cells that are linked to the 1st worksheet. This workbook will be used to schedule production. The 1st worksheet has a list of products that we produce. The 1st worksheet has a column for the min # of cases we need to keep in stock at all times and the max # of cases we must keep in stock at all times. The 1st worksheet also contains a column where the production scheduler would enter the actual # of cases in stock. The 2nd worksheet in the workbook takes the actual cs in stock and compares ...

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

How to prevent auto-conversion to date in clipboard paste special?
Hi, First: Im in Finland, so the decimal separator here is comma -- not a dot! So, I have an application that produces data containing product codes, names and price information. The application uses decimal point, not comma. In this application I'd like to paint, copy, and the in Excel 2000 "Paste special" / "text" the data into Excel (data is conveniently tab separated so it goes nicely into Excel cells), but: One of the rows has price "12.5385" and if I "paste" or "paste special" / "text" this to excel it converts into &quo...

format cell #4

SO detail sales not equal X report
I have a very strange situation. At a closing 3 Blind-Close-out (1 day = 3 shifts), we printed a detail report for a specific date and noticed that the total sales does not equal a blind close-out X-Report all 3 reports. The details is $18,752.00 and the sum of teh X-Report displays $9.525.11 At this point we are comparing actual receipt sales to see what happened. My question is, whats the recommended way to analyze this type of situation and where shoudl we be looking besides actual paper receipt? There may have been some sales transactions AFTER the X report was printed, ...

how do I keep email messages online and also go to outlook
When I open outlook my email messages go to outlook and if I am away from home can no longer open my yahoo mail account or att mail acount and see my messages because then downloaded into my outlook. Is there a way to have the move ot outlook, but not leave my online account? Set Outlook to leave messages on the server for the accounts in question. -- Russ Valentine "jann" <jann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146B7F22-72FC-4BF6-A672-06EC5ED88C87@microsoft.com... > When I open outlook my email messages go to outlook and if I am away from &...

want certain junk mail to auto go into junk folder
want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. Bufilly wrote: > want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder > instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want > Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. What Outlook can do depends on which version you are using but didn't bother to identify. You could use the Blocked Senders blacklist....

Find and replace with bold in cells

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

Report footer values equal to subreport footer values
I have 3 crosstab subreports (BarChartData1, 2 & 3), each having a row of text boxes (Tot7 thru Tot67) in the report footer which display column totals generated through code in each report and each report is nested separately in the report footer of a main report. Now, included in the report footer of the main report, below the 3 subreports, are a 3 rows of textboxes, each row should be should be an exact representation of the 'totals' row in each subreport. Here's my problem...I tried setting up the control source for the very first textbox to =[BarChartData1].[Report]![Tot7]...

cell will not center
Hi. I have a user with an Excel worksheet. There are multiple rows and columns and they are all set on center alignment, (center alignment icon on the toolbar as well as Format Cells --> Horizontal Alignment --> Center.) The alphabetical characters align correctly but the numerical don't, as they will only left align. Format Cells --> Number is set to General, so I don't know why it won't change the alignment. Other than the worksheet being corrupted, I don't know what could be wrong with it. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks! Hilary =?Utf-8?B?SG...

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...

Too many different cell formats #6

date/time formatting

two exchange mailboxes in Outlook
Hi, This is my first post in your forum. I tried finding a solution for this in your newsgroup but I have been so far unsuccessful. We have Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Server. I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and has her personal exchange mailbox configured for it as well as an additional mailbox for humanresources. What is happening is sometimes, she will receive messages destined to the humanresources mailbox that will go to her personal exchange mailbox. When I verify these messages, they have the humanresources e-mail address in the To: field. There ...

Today Function
how is this function called in the code? I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. thanks Hey Dave, I hope I'm understanding what your asking for but I think this is what you are looking for: Today() HTH, Shane Dave wrote: >how is this function called in the code? >I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. > >thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Well I think it is either Today() or Date() not sure which and not sure how to use it in the code. I ...