Go to a cell automatically

How can I make the active cell the cell after the statement:
"End("B1").xlDown.offset(1,0)" to start a paste operation.

Thanks in advance.

0
pulgaron (5)

try
range("b1").end(xldown).offset(1).paste

"Mercury" <pulgaron@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> How can I make the active cell the cell after the statement:
> "End("B1").xlDown.offset(1,0)" to start a paste operation.
>

> Thanks in advance.

0
Don
10/3/2003 10:01:36 PM
Try this

Range("d1").Copy Range("b1").End(xlDown).Offset(1)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"Mercury" <pulgaron@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:QWlfb.8794$9a7.7822@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> How can I make the active cell the cell after the statement:
> "End("B1").xlDown.offset(1,0)" to start a paste operation.
>

> Thanks in advance.

0
rondebruin (3790)

Excel cell display
I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I make that happen? Would Insert> Comment work for you? "slantt" wrote: > I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I > make that happen? Yes, thanks - I found that after I posted of course (newbie to Excel). I was looking to see if there was a macro I could gen to do the same thing... "ufo_pilot" wrote: > Would > Insert> Comment > work for you? > > > "slantt" wrote: > > > I want a text box...

display values in cell
Hi, how can i display values in 2 cells into a 3rd cell? eg. cell 1 value is US cell 2 value is 1234 cell 3 to display US1234 [both cell 1 & 2 value] regards Assuming A1=US and B1=1234, in cell C1 put =A1&B1 to get US1234 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C324FDDA-9B1C-4D38-A093-BB940B6DE3F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > how can i display values in 2 cells into a 3rd cell? > eg. cell 1 value is US > cell 2 value is 1234 > cell 3 to display US1234 [both cell 1 & 2 value] > regards one...

Read text as a cell for a formula
I have two formulas in two cells, one spitting out a value for a colum (A) and the other a value for a row (2). In the a third cell I'm addin the letter and number together to create a cell address (A2). I want t use this information in a fourth cell for a formula (=A2*$B$10). But, how do I get Excel to recognize the text "A2" as a value for cell and then add A2 (or whatever the third cell may be) in to formula? Any help? Thanks, Nat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Nate try =INDIRECT(A4)*$B$10 where A4 stores your cell reference as text, e.g. 'A2&...

Comments added to Cells
I depend heavily on comments added to specific cells in my spreadsheets. I find it very frustrating that the comments do not keep their shape. Some have a width of 0” and some have a width of 26” (yes, twenty-six inches!) and everything in between in the same file. I could work so much faster if I didn’t have to stop and edit each comment to resize it to be able to read the content. Is there a way to globally format all the comments? Is it a program bug that they don’t keep their size and shape? Try this macro against a copy of your worksheet--just in case! Option Explicit Sub testme02...

Data visible in formula bar, but not in cells
Several coworkers just switched to Excel 2007 from 2003. They are having problems with data that should be visible in some rows of cells, but are only visible in the formula bar (as each cell is selected). However, if they click anywhere in the formula bar of one of those cells, the data suddenly appears in all cells within that row. I suspect that their computers aren't powerful enough to handle 2007, because their supervisor, myself and others do not have the same problem. Is there any solution to this problem? -- GD There is a known bug relating to data visibilt...

Exporting the chart automatically
I am exporting charts from my spreadsheets to folders with html pages so people can browse the charts. The HTML code refrences the pre set locations. I can make a button press automate the creation, exporting etc but I cant run it without going into the spreadsheet. The reason I dont want to is because I dont want certain people to be able to run the update because it needs to be run at an exact time. If I could automate it somehow it would always be perfect and so I could forget about it and the charts would be created and updated themselves. Thanks for any suggestion. Rob ...

Formula staying as a formula in a cell?
Does anyone know why a formula stays a formula in a cell? I know that using the aspostrophe makes it like a string, like '=blah+blah, but this one doesn't...I even have made the cell General and made sure that calculate automatic was selected. This thing is driving me nuts. Any suggestions??? You can't just format the cell as general if it was text to start with. You need to format as general AND then hit F2 and then enter. the other possibility is that you have the Formulas view turned on in Tools / Options / View Tab / Uncheck Show Formulas in Window options. Ideally you...

I want to add or subtract a range of cells
I am trying to add a range if another range is "D" or subtract if the "D" is an "R". I have used SUMIF to add the range but cannot figure our how to not add those with criteria of "R" and in fact subtract them with criteria of "R". Example: =SUMIF('Inventory Sheet'!B$9:'Inventory Sheet'!B$10000,A9,'Inventory Sheet'!$F$9:'Inventory Sheet'!$F$9999) Any suggestions would be appreciated. With A1 thru B9 containing: 1 d 2 d 3 d 4 d 5 r 6 r 7 r 8 d 9 d =SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B10="d"...

Insert Cells
Hi, I want to select 2 cells in column wise from the active cell and need to insert 5 cells between them (using "XlInsertShiftDirection.xlShiftToRight". Can any one tell me the way to do this task? Thanks in advance, Venkat How about just selecting one cell in the column and inserting 5 cells after it. activecell.offset(1,0).resize(5,1).insert shift:=xldown If you wanted to insert 5 complete rows, you could use: activecell.offset(1, 0).resize(5, 1).entirerow.insert venkat wrote: > > Hi, > > I want to select 2 cells in column wis...

Using VBA to gradually change cell interior colors...?
I'm working on a financial project for my employer, and I'm looking for a different way to gradually change the cell color based on a percentage instead of the arbitrary "default style + 3 conditions" type brought about by Conditional Formatting. Please keep in mind that I've not worked with Visual Basic at all, and haven't even touched the BASIC/QBASIC language in over a decade. I'm also using Excel 2003 at work with the capability of reading a 2007 file format (which I use on my home computer, if the situation warrants it). What I'm aiming...

How do I stop Outlook from automatically opening emails?
When I go to check email, outlook is automatically opening the message and displaying it. When I right click on something I don't want opened in order to forward it, outlook is opening it up. I do not want my emails opened up until I am ready. What am I not doing, please? Thank you. turn off the preview/reading pane - it's on the View menu. In order to forward something without opening it, you'll need to forward it as an attachment. "Oscawana" <Oscawana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D8C7F36-D409-4428-BFBA-F3532A797E42@microsoft.com....

Picture automatically appears in start up dcument in Word 2003
Every time I start up Microsoft Word 2003, a picture automatically appears in the document. How do I reformat my start up documents to get rid of the picture? See the article "Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Rascal in the Pines" <Rascal in the Pines@discussions.microsoft.com>...

formatting cells #3
Is there a global format that will change the same cell on multiple sheets within the same worksheet, simultaneously? If you select a group of sheets - e.g, select the leftmost sheet tab, hold down shift and click the rightmost tab - any changes you make in one sheet gets made in all of them, including formatting. Right-click a selected tab and choose "Ungroup sheets" before performing operations that you want to pertain to one sheet only. In article <2d64701c469c1$2e8ddc30$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "C.C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is...

unlock frozen cells
I opened excell program to add data but it is locked. I can't add nor delete data. None of the functions work. It opens, but is locked. Help It might be that you have a 'Freeze Panes' issue. To unfreeze the windows... In 2003 - WINDOWS > UNFREEZE PANES in 2007 + VIEW > WINDOWS > UNFREEZE PANES -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Windows 7" wrote: > I opened excell program to add data but it is locked. I can't add nor delete > data. None of t...

Extracting elements of a string cell
I have various cells some of which hold an alpha-number field, some hold an alpha-number-alpha-number field, some are blank. These range for example from cells C3:G3 as follows starting at C3 H7.5 blank H3.5L4.5 blank L7.5 I would like to sum all numbers prefixed with H and seprately, all prefixed with L Hence the result from above should read - Total for H is 11 Total for L is 12. I have 2 separate formulas as follows which work until you input an H value and an L value into the same field. =SUM(IF(LEFT(C3:G3)="H",RIGHT(C3:G3,LEN(C3:G3)-1)*1)) =SUM(IF(LEF...

how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that column
Hi how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that colum Than alekm Do you mean put the actual cell address in the cell? If so, try: =IF(ROW()<n,"",ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(),4)) where n = last row to exclude. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that column > >Thanx > >alekm >. > Hi something like =SUM(OFFSET($A$1,10,0,1000)) to exclude the first 10 cells? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alekm wrote: > Hi, > how to address all ce...

Why Am I getting a blank in the result cell?
Can someone assist me with what I'm doing wrong with the formula below? It keeps returning a blank in the resulting cell. I am trying to calculate the weighted avg. of production scores for an employee based on hours worked per month. columns B,D,F,H,J, and L are the hours while C,E,G,I,K, and M are the prod scores. Manual calculation should result in a 90.9% weighted averge. B C D E F G H I J K L M wgtd. Avg. 129 117 - - 29 75 19 32 - - 50 55 90.9% =IF(ISERROR(SUMPRODUCT((B13...

Display contents of cell as variable?
How can I display the contents of a cell in another as part of a text string. Such as... "The answer is "B4"" where B4 is the contents of cell B4? Thanks Hi Try ="the answer is "&B4 -- Regards Roger Govier "Lovebaby" <mschmidt@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:1PSrg.6702$4c7.4125@tornado.southeast.rr.com... > How can I display the contents of a cell in another as part of a text > string. > > Such as... "The answer is "B4"" > > where B4 is the contents of cell B4? > > Thanks > >...

filling a cell
how do i fill a cell in excel from left to right with write so that it overlaps each line I'm not quite sure I understand the question, but you can use alt-enter to go to a new line within the cell. gusrox wrote: > > how do i fill a cell in excel from left to right with write so that it > overlaps each line -- Dave Peterson ...

Can't Automatically Send/Receive
Using Microsoft Office 2003 through an exchange server. Even though all the right boxes are checked and/or unchecked (I think), I cannot get Outlook to automatically receive messages as they come in. I have to hit the send-receive button every time to see if new messages have arrived. HELP! "Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:BX69g.25353$4L1.16834@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > Using Microsoft Office 2003 through an exchange server. Even though > all the > right boxes are checked and/or unchecked (I think), I cannot get > Outlook to > ...

Conditional change to cell color
I would like to make the color of a cell become "yellow" by formula or automatically, when the number in the cell exceeds a certain quantity. Any help? Richard wrote: > I would like to make the color of a cell become "yellow" by formula or > automatically, when the number in the cell exceeds a certain > quantity. Any help? Format-Conditional Formatting. "Cell value is greater than", 2, format to yellow Format | Conditional Formatting will do this for you. Select the cells in which you want this to happen. Then, just choose the value you want, ...

cell, choose from a list
Ok I have 2 questions and not sure if they will have the same answers. I have 2 cells in excel worksheet, it is a booking form. In the first cell thay have to put their arrival time, when they click on this it states please use 24 hour clock, I have done this but cant remember how to do it as it was way back last year. In another cell they have to type in the departure airport, I want to create a drop down list that they can choose from, how do I do this? thanks I think you could use Data|Validation (in xl2003 menus) for both. Select the time cell Data|validation Settings Tab|In ...

Cell Referencing #5
I am simply referencing one cell from another. For example, in cell L55 I am using the formula +C34, intending to see the value of C34 in L55. Instead of the value in C34, "+C34" is displayed in L55. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help, Silver you should put "=c34" to get the correct info "Silver" wrote: > I am simply referencing one cell from another. > For example, in cell L55 I am using the formula +C34, > intending to see the value of C34 in L55. > > Instead of the value in C34, "+C34" is displayed in L55. > Wh...

How do I calculate ratios between 2 cells?
Hi, I need to work out a ratio between two figures (eg. the number of replies to sales made etc). Both cells are in the same worksheet. Sounds easy but I can't get anywhere with HELP. If anyone can help I'd very much appreciate it. Kind regards How about = A1/B1? A1 has replies and B1 has sales You could even format it % to get percent value. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Excel Novice" <ExcelNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCFFBBF-970D-456B-B28A-E46FD3CD76F6@microsoft.com... >...

How do i count the number of conditional formatted cells?
I want to count the frequency of a number in a series of numbers possibly using a count if or lookup function. I wish the total number to be displayed at the bottom, how can i do this? Kate Your subject line reads "count the number of conditional formatted cells". You would need VBA to count CF cells. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm If the subject was not correct, you could use the FREQUENCY Function to return the frequency of numbers in a range. Or COUNTIF to return the total number of times a number apears in a range. =COUNTIF(A1:A100,34) where 34 is the numbe...