Global Footers in Excel

Does anyone know how to take an Excel workbook that has
multiple worksheets and create a footer (say one that
lists the page number, the tab name, and the file name),
and make that footer a "global footer" such that I don't
have to set the footer for some 10 to 20 worksheets when
they're practically identical?

Thanks.

DTP
0
anonymous (74722)

David

Right-click on one worksheet tab and "select all sheets".

Set up your footer on the active sheet and these settings will be replicated
on all sheets.

DO NOT FORGET to right-click and "ungroup sheets" when done.  What you are
doing to active sheet is being done to all sheets when grouped.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:03:10 -0700, "David"

>Does anyone know how to take an Excel workbook that has
>multiple worksheets and create a footer (say one that
>lists the page number, the tab name, and the file name),
>and make that footer a "global footer" such that I don't
>have to set the footer for some 10 to 20 worksheets when
>they're practically identical?
>
>Thanks.
>
>DTP

0
Gord
8/10/2004 4:17:37 PM
Hi
one way: select all your sheets (group them) before
applying the header/footer.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/10/2004 4:21:25 PM
Thanks!

DTP

0
anonymous (74722)
8/10/2004 6:11:23 PM
Thanks!

DTP

0
anonymous (74722)

How do I rotate a worksheet in Excel?
I know that it is possible to rotate content within a cell, but what if I want to rotate the whole worksheet? And yes, I know that I could just set it to landscape mode, but I want to modify it once the rows become columns and the columns become rows. You are limited to 256 columns (and therefore 256 rows). create a new worksheet Select your range on the original worksheet edit|copy go to A1 of the new worksheet edit|paste special|check transpose. MarkRulesTheWorld wrote: > > I know that it is possible to rotate content within a cell, but what if I > want to rotate the whole w...

Is it possible to merge workbooks in excel?
I am currently working on a project with a coworker in which we need to enter quality scores for employees into excel workbooks, with one sheet per group of employees. Is it possible, if we enter data for separate groups, to later merge this data into one master workbook? Thanks! Are you asking if you can move/copy your sheet for Group AAA into another workbook that has a sheet for Group BBB? If so, all you need to do is: 1) open both the source and destination workbooks 2) activate the source workbook 3) select any and all tabs that you want in the destination workbook (Ctrl-click on ...

Help with Excel Formula
I have been given the task of updating our hrly tracking of employees at my job. We have lovely excel sheets that do this, however we have old ones that convert the time from hrs and minutes to hours and two decimal places. We put them into a new spreadsheet (why? I don't know!) by hand. They want me to merge these two ideas. Easy right? well the old ones were written by some guy that doesn't work here anymore, and.......... they are all pwd protected! I have to use the format on the new spreadsheet. Now his formula, while hard to extract, was finally extracted and I'll show it to...

Anyone know how to export Portfilio Transactions From MoneyCentral to Excel?
I see that you can print a copy of any account's transactions form a MoneyCentral Portfolio. That's great, but I want a copy of the transactions in an Excel file. One way would be to scan the printed copy of the transaction report and convert it to Excel. However, that seems an unnecessary step. Is there a way to just export the transaction data for and account or an entire portfolio to Excel? -- George --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 9/1/2003 In micro...

excel not opening documents
If I click on an excel file, the excel program opens up but excel doesn't open up the file. OS is XP. Any ideas? Bryce. First, check to make sure the workbook isn't actually open: Window|Arrange|Tiled If it's not visible, then sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. Bryce wrote: > > If I clic...

Excel copy and paste #2
Excel 2000 1) there are times when I can only paste values and not formulas from one workbook to another even though I am using Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste process. 2) there are times when I cannot copy and paste between workbooks launched from Edit/Copy, Edit/paste, or CTRL C, CTRL V or from shortcut menu. The only way is to use the clipboard which does not copy formulas. we have referred to 209338 and 209284 but the stated solution doesn't always work. ...

Urgent: Exporting Access into Excel
Hello, I need help exporting or linking MS Access queries into Excel spreadsheets. This will be a daily task. Is there any way of doing this? I tried using the transferspreadsheet macro but couldn't figure it out. Any adivce is appreciated! Thanks Matt Hi Matt, Hopefully you've worked it out now, as this was urgent but in case not, try this:- DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "XXX", "YYY", True where XXX is your table name, and YYY is the name (including the full path) of the Exel file you want it saved to. The only problem I have found is that s...

Create a Distribution List from Excel
Hi. I have found lots of instructions online to create a distribution list from an Excel/CSV contacts list. However, all of them seem to involve importing the data into a newly created contacts folder and then creating a distribution list from there. I have a number of contacts lists containing hundreds of rows each and was wondering therefore if there is a way of cutting out the middle step and importing them directly into a distribution list?? Thanks. Liz. You missed the instructions on my sites - http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/create/dl.asp (skip to the crea...

Row limit in Excel #2
Is there a row limitation in Excel ? Reason why I ask, I have a control that reads rows out of a Database. I have the option of creating this report by dates. With one date, it will yield 5965 rows and I can open up that report. Now with just the next day's date, it will yield 6060 rows and the Excel file will be created, but it encounters a Microsoft error. There is no difference in the data. I can in fact make the dates shift and include the date range that was failing but it wouldn't go to the current - i.e. 4/23/2004 to 3/29/05 will fail but 4/24/05 - 03/29/05 will wor...

Pivot Table in Excel 2002
I'm trying to enter a simple formula outside my pivot table that subtracts the results of 2 separate columns of data. Instead of a formula like B5 - A5, I get a long formula =GETPIVOTDATA(column selections, row selections, etc, etc.) I see what the GETPIVOTDATA formula is trying to do, but in this case I just want the simple B5 - A5. How do I get this? Customize your Pivot Table toolbar to add the GenerateGetPivotData button. Clicking this button will toggle this feature on and off. If you don't know how to do this, look here http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html On Mon, 2...

excel to pdf taking too long in 2007
In excel 2007 we can directly convert XL file into PDF format... which is good... but this is taking too long to conver it. I have approx 33 worksheets in a workbook and when I save as PDF it takes approx 10-15 mins to generate PDF file? I am wondering is there any solution to this issue?? I am gonna add another 70 worksheets to my workbook and it would be around 100 and i am worried when I do that it will take ages to generate PDF... any advise on this would be highly appreciated. thanks!! Lots of variables involved in creating a .pdf file; things like file size, compl...

Macro code to exit Excel without prompt
Dear all, can someone please provide the VB macro code that will exit excel without prompt, also with prompts please. (Prompting meaning "Do you want to Save book1.xls" etc. Thanks Adam ActiveWorkbook.Saved=true "Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:310B9DE1-09CF-45C9-85E9-80D557CAD360@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > > can someone please provide the VB macro code that will exit excel without prompt, also with prompts please. (Prompting meaning "Do you want to Save book1.xls" etc. > > Thanks > > Adam ...

Gantt Chart in Excel. Do I need conditional formatting?
Hello all. I have created a Gantt chart that shows approx. 15 tasks in each project. I am using this to show percentage of completion for each task. It is working just fine and looks great but I need it to insert a date when a task is at 100% completion to show the client the date that particular task was completed. How would I do this without ruining my chart I already have working fine? I know this is probably easy to do but I cannot seem to keep the rest of the chart intact. Is conditional formatting the answer? Thanks! You could use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to do this: h...

Excel Date Time to Unix Time
I have a field in Excel which is formatted as 4/21/2005 10:43 I am uploading this feild into mysql I need the datetime to be converted to unix time like 1116910800 any ideas? =TEXT( A1*86400-DATE(1970,1,1)*24*60*60,"0000000000") I have texted it as it is too long for an Excel number display -- HTH Bob Phillips "jnorton" <jnorton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F8DB49B-5D0C-4549-8F1E-0D2C64588A42@microsoft.com... > I have a field in Excel which is formatted as 4/21/2005 10:43 > I am uploading this feild into mysql I need the datetime to...

Excel in Mac X
How do I mirror the way excel works (shortcut keys, etc.) on my PC at work with my Mac at home. FIrst, do you have Excel v.X, or are you using a previous version in Classic? If the latter, there's not a lot of flexibility. Excel v.X's shortcut keys are nearly all customizable - just go to Tools/Customize, click Keyboard, and find the command you want to change. Enter a shortcut in the indicated box and click Add. If the shortcut is already taken, you'll be given a choice to replace it or cancel. In addition, using OSX 10.3.3, you can use the System Preferences/Keyboard ...

Excel Compare values in columns & display missing values in a new
How can I compare a master part numbers list in one Excel column or worksheet against actual values in a second Excel column or worksheet, and display the missing part numbers that were not in the second column in a new column or worksheet? For Example: Part Number Master Part List Missing Parts 12A221315 12A221315 12A221332 12A221316 12A221316 12A221333 12A221317 12A221317 12A221318 12A221318 12A221319 12A221319 12A221320 12A221320 12A221321 12A221321 12A221322 12A221322 12A221323 12A221323 12A221324 12A221324 12A221325 12A221325 12A221326 12A221326 12A221327 12A22132...

E-mailing an Excel chart from Access
Can anybody please help? I am currently working on an Access database. One of the functions is an automated monthly event, which collates data and then put this data into an Excel chart, no problem there. My problem is, I require the program to send this chart completely automated via e-mail to another department; can this be done from Access? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you Ken, ...

Send Report to Excel in Access 2007
In 2003, I used to be able to send a report to excel so that is was grouped. Now when I open a report in 2007, my export to excel icon is greyed out. What am I missing? Sorry about the bad news - this option is not available in A2007 or in the future. The reason comes from Microsoft losing a legal battle. To export, you can export the query behind the report using TransferSpreadsheet. VBA help explains how to do it. Jeanette Cunningham "hlock" <hlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1290C9F1-DD63-433C-B715-56E06628004C@microsoft.com... > In 2003, ...

Create database in excel?
Hi - I could really use some help. I am trying to create a database o non-profit organizations in Excel. My thought is to create a workboo with Sheet1 being a Master List and Sheet2 through Sheet200 (fo example) being the information for each individual non-profi (Organization Name, Address, Contact, Service Area, Phone #, Missio Statement, etc.). The Master List would display information from al non-profits listing down (with column headings listed at the top). Each individual sheet would be a template of all the individua non-profit information in a page view (with headers listing down t...

Is there a way to randomly select rows in Excel?
Could you share a little bit more information about what you're trying to accomplish? Simply selecting rows (multiple rows at once, or one at a time?) doesn't do much. I have a list of 13,000 contacts that I need to cut down to 10,000 - I need to randomly delete 3,000 of them.... "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Could you share a little bit more information about what you're trying > to accomplish? Simply selecting rows (multiple rows at once, or one at a > time?) doesn't do much. > One way: In an empty column, enter =RAND() and copy down 13000 r...

Excel 2007
When I use query to connect to an external ODBC data source a table is automatically created. I really don't want a table, I just want a data range that can be refreshed. If I convert the table to a data range, the query/connection information is deleted. How can I connect a data range to the ODBC source? -- Lolt Proegler Hi there, Just wondering if you ever managed to resolve this issue, I have just noticed this issue having recently started using 2007 with external links. Never had this problem in 2003. It stops me from being able to use the subtotal function. regards &quo...

How to get the coordinate of the lower-bound cell in Excel 2003 with C#
Hi all, I am using C# to extract data from Excel 2003. I want to know how to get the column number and row number of cells with real data in the current sheet. Thanks E.g A B C D E F G H 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 3 4 5 Column Number:3 Row Number:2 zlf Hi Zlf, > I am using C# to extract data from Excel 2003. I want to know how to > get the column number and row number of cells with real data in the > current sheet There is no built in function which will reliably return the last data...

Copying Data from MS Word into Excel
I�m trying to copy (a lot of) numerical data from Word documents int Excel. Typical data in the word document would be; 60 4475P 1 8 -0.0592 -4 8 2 8 -14 6 5 8 -29 2 7 8 -53 -10 3 -57 Is there anyway I can select ALL in Word and then copy / paste int Excel, such that each group of numbers land in a different Cell ? The idea result would be an Excel paste like this; .............A..........B..........C..........D..........E................an so on... 1..........60.......4475P......1..........8.........-0.0592......

Displaying multiple Excel 2000 files on taskbar
I use Window NT and would like to display several Excel 2000 files across the taskbar. I did a search (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=excel+files+taskbar&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=c94401c11aa9%24587ff2e0%249be62ecf%40tkmsftngxa03&rnum=1) which said to use Tools>Options>View, check the "Windows in Taskbar." This option does not appear to be available to me in Windows NT. Does anyone have any advice to resolve this request? TIA, Pacigirl There's some information in the following MSKB article: OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar ...

Change from % to Decimal in excell 2002
I seen others use a formula that was less complicated. I use =a1/2(-20%)1(-10%) I have seen others use =A1- Decimal to get the same answer Anyone help me? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...