getting specific info from a word document into excel

I am trying to import a table of data from another programme into excel to
create a chart. The table that i am importing is not in table format and is
just a word document which looks like a table. Most of the data in the
document is words and symbols but I need to highlight the two collumns of
numbers only and somehow get them into individual cells in excel. I am having
real difficulty doing this as when I try to highlight the collumn and drag
down it highlights the whole document as per normal word behaviour. If anyone
has any ideas on solving my problem using any aspect of office they will be
hugely appreciated!!

Thanks everyone
Steve
Microsoft Office Word 2003
0
smintey (8)

When you drag to select in Word, press and hold the ALT key.

Carlos

"smintey" <smintey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to import a table of data from another programme into excel to
> create a chart. The table that i am importing is not in table format and
is
> just a word document which looks like a table. Most of the data in the
> document is words and symbols but I need to highlight the two collumns of
> numbers only and somehow get them into individual cells in excel. I am
having
> real difficulty doing this as when I try to highlight the collumn and drag
> down it highlights the whole document as per normal word behaviour. If
anyone
> has any ideas on solving my problem using any aspect of office they will
be
> hugely appreciated!!
>
> Thanks everyone
> Steve
> Microsoft Office Word 2003

0
nunayo (95)
12/6/2004 1:40:08 PM
Carlos thanks that is great. However when holding alt it saves my "copy" as a
large block. Is there any way of then getting this info into individual cells
in excel? pleeeease help!!!!
Thanks
Steve

"CarlosAntenna" wrote:

> When you drag to select in Word, press and hold the ALT key.
>
> Carlos
>
> "smintey" <smintey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to import a table of data from another programme into excel to
> > create a chart. The table that i am importing is not in table format and
> is
> > just a word document which looks like a table. Most of the data in the
> > document is words and symbols but I need to highlight the two collumns of
> > numbers only and somehow get them into individual cells in excel. I am
> having
> > real difficulty doing this as when I try to highlight the collumn and drag
> > down it highlights the whole document as per normal word behaviour. If
> anyone
> > has any ideas on solving my problem using any aspect of office they will
> be
> > hugely appreciated!!
> >
> > Thanks everyone
> > Steve
> > Microsoft Office Word 2003

0
smintey (8)
12/7/2004 5:17:07 PM
When I did it, the numbers went into individual cells.
Could it be because I'm using Office 2002?
Anyone?

> Carlos thanks that is great. However when holding alt it saves my "copy"
as a
> large block. Is there any way of then getting this info into individual
cells
> in excel? pleeeease help!!!!
> Thanks
> Steve
>
> "CarlosAntenna" wrote:
>
> > When you drag to select in Word, press and hold the ALT key.
> >
> > Carlos
> >
> > "smintey" <smintey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am trying to import a table of data from another programme into
excel to
> > > create a chart. The table that i am importing is not in table format
and
> > is
> > > just a word document which looks like a table. Most of the data in the
> > > document is words and symbols but I need to highlight the two collumns
of
> > > numbers only and somehow get them into individual cells in excel. I am
> > having
> > > real difficulty doing this as when I try to highlight the collumn and
drag
> > > down it highlights the whole document as per normal word behaviour. If
> > anyone
> > > has any ideas on solving my problem using any aspect of office they
will
> > be
> > > hugely appreciated!!
> > >
> > > Thanks everyone
> > > Steve
> > > Microsoft Office Word 2003

0
nunayo (95)

number rounding in MS Excel

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Filters in Excel 2003