Getting rid of random white lines in Excel

There are bold white horizontal lines appearing randomly in some of my
worksheets: where I have filled a group of cells in colour, they show up.
They look like cell borders but they aren't, nor are they drawing objects,
nor rows that have been reduced in height.

Deleting the rows above/below one of the lines does not get rid of it.
Deleting the columns that it spans does seem to make it disappear - however
that will cause problems for the contents of the worksheet.

Has anyone experienced this problem and how do I get rid of it?

Sounds like they could be page brakes. Did you print or print preview?
Try File|PageSetUp and change Portrait to Landscape (or reverse) to see if
your lines move to another column.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"lizzibet76" <lizzibet76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are bold white horizontal lines appearing randomly in some of my
> worksheets: where I have filled a group of cells in colour, they show up.
> They look like cell borders but they aren't, nor are they drawing objects,
> nor rows that have been reduced in height.
>
> Deleting the rows above/below one of the lines does not get rid of it.
> Deleting the columns that it spans does seem to make it disappear -
> however
> that will cause problems for the contents of the worksheet.
>
> Has anyone experienced this problem and how do I get rid of it?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
9/27/2005 2:16:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Bernard, but it's not page breaks.

The lines show up in print preview, as if they are cell borders or a drawn
object.  Also, they are short - spanning a few cells - not across the page.

Any other ideas anyone?!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Sounds like they could be page brakes. Did you print or print preview?
> Try File|PageSetUp and change Portrait to Landscape (or reverse) to see if
> your lines move to another column.
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "lizzibet76" <lizzibet76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There are bold white horizontal lines appearing randomly in some of my
> > worksheets: where I have filled a group of cells in colour, they show up.
> > They look like cell borders but they aren't, nor are they drawing objects,
> > nor rows that have been reduced in height.
> >
> > Deleting the rows above/below one of the lines does not get rid of it.
> > Deleting the columns that it spans does seem to make it disappear -
> > however
> > that will cause problems for the contents of the worksheet.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this problem and how do I get rid of it?

number rounding in MS Excel

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

shortcut with command line switch probs
Hello, I have a shortcut set up which has the target declared as: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" / "\\path_to_file\myfile.xlt" This works fine on my PC. Excel 2000 running on Windows XP. Unfortunately it doesnt work on someone elses PC, who asked for m help! They have the same software set up, and access to the same folde path. When they try to run the shortcut, a window opens and closes almos immediately. Help?! : -- soloto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- solotoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/m...

Getting the BCC field by default.

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Random Draw
Helloo Fellow members, I need to know if there is a way I can make a random draw of names. For example, I am arranging a snooker tournament of 12 peoples. All the names are lets suppose listed in Column A, There will be Four Groups consisting of 3 Names each. Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. What I need is to pick random names from Column A, and put them in Groups. Your help will be highly appreciated. ZZ Put this formula in column B next to your first name: =3DRAND() and copy this down. Then sort columns A and B using column B as the key field. Then pick the top 3 to go into gr...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint