Getting Excel on new computer to show dates like on old

I recently bought new computer. Had a load of excel files which I transferred
over.
The only problem now is where before the dates showed in the format
"dd/mm/yy" they now show up as "dd/mm/yyyy" even though it's the same file.
This is a major problem as the new date doesn;t fit and gets displayed as
"######" since the date colum needs to be short to fit all data on the
printed page. I thought that things like this get saved in the file.

Does anyone know of a way to get dates to display dd/mm/yy without having to
change all the dates in each individual file separately?
Many thanks in advance,
Michael

0
MichaelC1 (14)

go to control panel,,,,regional language options,,,,customize,,,,,date.

hope that helps

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"MichaelC" <MichaelC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought new computer. Had a load of excel files which I
>transferred
> over.
> The only problem now is where before the dates showed in the format
> "dd/mm/yy" they now show up as "dd/mm/yyyy" even though it's the same
> file.
> This is a major problem as the new date doesn;t fit and gets displayed as
> "######" since the date colum needs to be short to fit all data on the
> printed page. I thought that things like this get saved in the file.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get dates to display dd/mm/yy without having
> change all the dates in each individual file separately?
> Many thanks in advance,
> Michael

This is a setting under Start-->Settings-->Control Panel, Date tab. It's the
"short date".
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"MichaelC" <MichaelC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought new computer. Had a load of excel files which I
>transferred
> over.
> The only problem now is where before the dates showed in the format
> "dd/mm/yy" they now show up as "dd/mm/yyyy" even though it's the same
> file.
> This is a major problem as the new date doesn;t fit and gets displayed as
> "######" since the date colum needs to be short to fit all data on the
> printed page. I thought that things like this get saved in the file.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get dates to display dd/mm/yy without having
> change all the dates in each individual file separately?
> Many thanks in advance,
> Michael

0
ng1 (1444)

New Disk storage

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Excel 2007

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Creating new attributes

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

transferring to new pc

help with simple maths in excel

Excel Problem

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

Excel DNS query