Getting contents of adjacent cells

I want to divide the y1-axis column and save it to radius (y1/2) column. How
do I do that?

	x-axis	y1-axis	radius(y1/2)
0	0.00	8.0000
1	0.25	8.0242
2	0.50	8.0691
3	0.75	8.1281
4	1.00	8.1989
5	1.25	8.2803
6	1.50	8.3716
7	1.75	8.4729
8	2.00	8.5832

hi
divide the y1-axis by what?
2 as an guess with y1-axis in column c
in the y1/2 column(d?), enter

=C2/2

copy down.

regards
FSt1

"Rocky" wrote:

> I want to divide the y1-axis column and save it to radius (y1/2) column. How
> do I do that?
>
> 	x-axis	y1-axis	radius(y1/2)
> 0	0.00	8.0000
> 1	0.25	8.0242
> 2	0.50	8.0691
> 3	0.75	8.1281
> 4	1.00	8.1989
> 5	1.25	8.2803
> 6	1.50	8.3716
> 7	1.75	8.4729
> 8	2.00	8.5832

Highlighted cell
I have a highlighted cell that gets bigger and smaller as I move the mouse and I can't get rid of it. It has the flashing edges like I copied it. What's going on? Thank you! Sounds like you're accidentally in extended mode (but there's no flashing edges) Hit F8 to toggle it off -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:20,000 Files:362 Subscribers:62 xdemechanik --- "Reen" wrote: > I have a highlighted cell that gets bigger and smaller as I move the mouse > and I can't get rid of it. It has the flashing edges like I copied it...

Worksheet Cell Reference
I have a reference to a cell in another worksheet, same workbook. When the value in the referenced cell is blank it returns a "0" value. However, I want the returned value to simply leave as a blank cell. Any advice? David Hi David Something like this : =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) HTH John "DavidS" <DavidS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71737C7E-5095-4E27-A70C-82CE3845C368@microsoft.com... >I have a reference to a cell in another worksheet, same workbook. When the > value in the referenced cell is blank it...

How do I perfom a character count in a single cell in Excel?
I need to peform a character count for certain cells in Excel. I found a formula for counting words within a cell but not the number of specific characters. If you count spaces as a character, you can use directly the function LEN. If you don't want the spaces to count, use something like: =LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")) Hope this helps, Miguel. "RonNette72791" wrote: > I need to peform a character count for certain cells in Excel. I found a > formula for counting words within a cell but not the number of specific > characters. ...

Format cell will not appear
Hello, I have a budget spreadsheet in E2k that I need to update. I can change al the numbers and formlas but if I select Format Cells the dialog box will not appear. I cannot find a single cell anyware in that workbook that works. The budget sheet has some grey area to the righ. I tweaked it last year and I can't remember what I did. Please help Tim Tim, Maybe the sheet is protected. Tools, Protection. If you see Unprotect sheet" it was. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Tim Marciniak" <t...

Calculating specifc byte positions in cells
Hi, Here is what I am trying to do: I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of employees vacation and sick time. The spreadsheet is formatted to column A is the employee name, columns B - AB are days of the month. I would like to have the manager be able to enter in the time off as either S8 or V8 (8 representing the number of hours off the employee had S = sick V = vacation). I would like Column AC to then calcuate the total sick hours and AD to calcuate the total of vacation hours. I played around with a few formulas but could not figure out a way to do it. Is there a way to have this d...

Clear content cells with external link
I have a workbook with a lot of external links. What I'd like to do is to create a simple VBA code to find cells with external link, and then clear content them. Does anyone know how to do this ? Thanks Hey Diego, You have 5 posts to 2 different NG's asking this same question. Have some patience and please do not double, or quintuple, post. tim "diego" <porno_abis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06c201c3561c$7e0adce0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > I have a workbook with a lot of external links. What I'd > like to do is to create a simple VBA code to fi...

Highlight the cell/row if particular name comes..
Hi, This is what I would like to achieve, There will be sheet full of address details and in that I want to highlight the cells with some colour if the particular list(i.e.list of 10 particular area names like Area1,Area2....Area10) of area names present along with the door # and Street name. The challenge is that the area names will be mixed with street name ect., in the same cell. I can guess that this is possible with macro but my knowledge in that is ZERO.. Pls help on this... Can you give us some examples of what your data looks like, and details of what columns you...

Plot empty cells as not plotted (leave gaps)
Under Tools/Options/Chart Menu I have set the "Plot empty cells as: Not plotted (leave gaps)as well as Plot visible cells only, however the chart still plots null values causing the automatic scaling to be impractical If you're using a formula that returns an empty string for missing values, change it to an NA()function. For example: instead of =IF(B9="","",B9) use =IF(B9="",NA(),B9) To hide the resulting #N/A errors on the worksheet, you can use conditional formatting. There are instructions on my web site: http://www.contextures.c...

EMPTY CELLS!!! Validation Rule!!!
How do I set up a cell to be 0.0 (zero) if there is no data available??? I know is on the Validation Rule, but I don't know the formula. I can't add the values of other cells becasue there are a few empty ones. PLEASEEE HELP!! Thanks It sounds as if setting the Default Value to 0 will accomplish what you need. For existing records you will need to do something such as run an update query to replace null with 0. You may be able to use the control's Exit event to add the value, depending on just what you need to do. I don't think you can use table-level validation to add...

Finding Cell with Minor loss of fidelity
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that was created in Excel 2003, but updated with Excel 2007. Whenever I save it, it runs the Compatibility Checker, and comes back with a 'Minor loss of fidelity' message. I would like to find the cell(s) that thie issue talking about. Is there a way to find which cell(s) have the issue, so I can fix them? -- Doug Krohn Hi, when saving the spreadsheet Save it as xlsm "Doug Krohn" wrote: > I have a Excel Spreadsheet that was created in Excel 2003, but updated with > Excel 2007. > Whenever I save it, it runs the Compati...

Cell Drag & Drop without Incrementing
Hi, Simple question really. Is it possibe to drag a cell without it incrementing automatically. Eg if cell a1 contains TR321 I want to be able to drag it down to fill cells a2:a10 without any change, ie A10 is also TR321. Cheers, thanks for your help. Paul Hi Paul use an absolute reference. change the cell reference TR321 to $T$321 also have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/relative.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul wrote: > Hi, > > Simple question really. Is it possibe to drag a cell > without it incrementing automatically. Eg if cell a1 > co...

How to get a newline
Hello, I am working on a small procedure and it's giving me a headache. I have a file that consists exactly of the following info: Name1/ Name2/ Name3/ I am trying to read each name into a string and display it in a lisbox. Here is what I am doing: TRY { pFile = new CFile(_T("C:\\Data\\SVG\\Web\\layers.txt"), CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyNone); char pbuf [1000]; UINT nBytesRead = pFile->Read(pbuf, sizeof(pbuf)); int z = 0; int i = 0; int count = 0; CString layer; //GET THE DELIMITER NUMBER while (z <...

Shade half a Cell
Hi Is it possible to shade half of a Cell? I have merged to cells togethe and now i am wanting to shade half of the Cell, BUT, i am wanting, i possible, to shade the Cell on an angel (for example - shade from top left to bottom right and have half gre and half white) Is this possibl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi sparky........... You can't shade half a cell any way with the normal background coloration technique. You can however, for special cases, create a drawing object of the shape you want and color it and place it in a cell..........it would look similar....

Calling on cells with red fonts
Can someone please guide me how to show only those cells in red fonts i column. I just want to see the red fonts not those in black fo calculation. Thanks a lot. 74 89 25 93 21 32 2 -- celesta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- celestar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56777 Chip Pearson shows how to work with font colors here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm celestar wrote: > > Can someone please guide me how to show...

Get Identical Double E-mail Messages
I receive identical double e-mail messages when I receive e-mail. How can I stop getting double messages? Thanks in advance!!! What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? If you have Outlook 2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404 may help. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Paul" <alliance@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:041401c3531c$28f60f70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I receive identical double e-mail messages when I receive &...

How do you do a strike out in an Excel cell?
How do you do a strike out in an Excel cell? Format | Cells... | Font | Effects = strikethrough Regards Trevor "dgalati" <dgalati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4364AE43-F016-45B3-A6ED-160A405B3291@microsoft.com... > How do you do a strike out in an Excel cell? ...

How would I go about getting these results?
source: ContactID ProjectID RoleID 1 1 1 1 2 2 1 3 1 2 1 1 2 2 2 How would I return the results where the noly record to show would be the 3rd one where there is no one with the RoleID of 2. Stated differently, how do I exclude all records where there is someone with a RoleID = 1 AND 2 and return only records that have ONLY someone with RoleID = 1 I hope this makes sense. Thanks. I am missing something. Why is row 3 returned as Con...

Source File that is Linked getting "file not found"
hello: I created a master (source) excel document and linked the multiple graphs to a poweroint. Both files are in a shared lan where multiple people have to go in and update the master excel. When I open the master excel I get a pop up asking if I want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook (it is linked to)? Confusing question. But when I say yes, I get an error pop up box that says "file not found" and it takes me to my hard drive directory. As this is a shared document I keep getting asked what to answer and why they get the error messa...

rules getting disabled
Sometimes one or more rules are being disabled without warning. The rules work fine, then the checkbox in the Rules list gets unchecked. The rules run on an IMAP inbox and move or copy items to Personal Folders. Does anyone know why rules turn themselves off? More info: Outlook 2007, Windows 7 "Gitche Gumee" wrote: > Sometimes one or more rules are being disabled without warning. The rules > work fine, then the checkbox in the Rules list gets unchecked. The rules run > on an IMAP inbox and move or copy items to Personal Folders. Does anyone know > wh...

Filter rows containing cells with values within a range (for example <11 or >10 but <21)
Column B consists of Brand names (each brand has numerous products) Column C consists of Product names (over 500 products) Coumns D to CG (row 1) consist of months going back a few years. The data from D2:CG539 consists of the rank of each brand for each month. I would like to filter my rows so that I can view only the products that have ever ranked in the top 10. I already have a couple of formulas that allow me to filter my data. Example 1: If I want to know the highest rank ever achieved by a product I use this formula: =MIN(D2:CG2) and then drag it down. Now I can use autofilter and see w...

Switched hard-drive in laptop, can't get archived Anything??
I bought a larger hard-drive and installed it in my laptop. I did an archive (to an external hard-drive) to save my Outlook. Now I can NOT retrieve it back. I tried the normal way to retrieve it an No go. Any thoughts??? THANKS!! An outlook Archive data file is not a backup of outlook data. What do you consider the 'normal way' of retreiving data? Is the old hard drive still installed or? "croundstream" <croundstream@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AA1C5C7-1926-4F5A-89D5-1362CC21D5A2@microsoft.com... >I bought a larger hard-driv...

Add comma after last " in a cell
Ultimately, I want to do a text to columns method but 1st I need to make the data work properly. I have close to 9000 items of vary degrees of numbers and text. I want a formula that will insert a comma after the last " or ' in a cell, reading from left. 3/4" x 1/2" pvc pipe 1/2" x 1/2" x 6' black pipe 1' insulated filter This way when i do the text to columns, i can separate the by commas. The purpose is to separate the sizes and the descriptions. Put these two macros in a standard code module, select the cells you want to process the...

Substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi! I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other cell, for example: ..=2E.....................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11...............

Determining How An Existing Cell Is Formatted ?
ello, Is it possible to see how a particular is formatted for ? I did a little experimenting, and it seems that if I put in text, or numbers, and go to Format Cell, it "seems" to indicate the Format is General, for both. Is there some command that would return an inquiry to a text cell as it truly being "Text" ? And, I understand that text when entered shows up to the left of the cell, numbers to the right. If I change the left-right position with the Alignment buttons, does this change the actual Format of the cell ? Thanks, Bob See help on Information Function...