getting a y-value from a graph knowing the corresponding x-value

if you have a graph with three points plotted [(x1,y1),(x2,y2),(x3,y3)],
can excel find y4 if you know the corresponding x4?

--
lsu-i-like
lsu-i-like's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14317

You could use FORECAST() or TREND() to predict the y-value assuming that
  the points can be approximated by a straight line.  You could use
FORECAST() to predict the y-value assuming that the points can be
approximated by a quadratic.

Jerry

lsu-i-like wrote:

> if you have a graph with three points plotted [(x1,y1),(x2,y2),(x3,y3)],
> can excel find y4 if you know the corresponding x4?

0
post_a_reply (1395)

Lookup and return value
I have 2 worksheets, W1 has a unique id that I need to place on W2, if the names match. If name matches from W1, then place Unique ID on W2 Worksheet 1 - 2 columns Unique Id Name 100 Little 200 Smith 201 Blue 303 Yellow Worksheet 2 - 2 columns - Need to display Id Name ID Little Yellow Blue Smith On worksheet 2, cell b2: =INDEX('Worksheet 1'!A:A,MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0)) With error trapping: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0)),INDEX('Worksheet 1'!A:A,MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0)),"") ...

How do I get my e-mail to be sent to Microsoft Outlook?
I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook. My e-mail address is from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail address to appear on Outlook. Please help. Thank you. In general, comcast will have to support POP3 E-Mail (for E-Mail that you receive) and SMTP E-Mail (for E-Mail that you send) (there are some other formats supported as well, but POP3 and SMTP are the most common). Assuming that it does, you need to enter the proper parameters into outlook (basically server names, account IDs and logon passwords). Once you have done this, you ca...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Get Free Certification Q&A and Latest dumps
Hello guys, Now you don't need to worry about passing the certification exam. Visit http://www.FreeExamking.com and get certifications questions and answers and latest dumps for 9i 10g 11i, ccna, ccnp, mcse, mcse 2003, mcts, mcp, a+, scbcd, db2 and many more. ...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #3
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Get part of the Address
I currently have the address City State and Zip all in one cell. What is the easiest way using code to separate City, State Zip into different cells? Thank You Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try using 'Data - Text to columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b73pt@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:daniels012.1b73pt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I currently have the address City State and Zip all in one cell. > What is the easiest way using code to separate City, ...

Simple hack to get $2000 to your home.
Simple hack to get $2000 to your home at http://lifeisbeatiful.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

How do I get rid of Adobe Reader icon?
I think after I installed acrobat reader 9 I started to get this red icon next to the print button that does "save this document as a PDF document". I don't like it, it annoys me, and I want rid of it. Removing it works but then it just reappears again next time I start up excel. Any other changes to my icons 'stick', but this little critter just won't go away. I tried uninstalling reader 9 but this didn't solve it. I can't find an option to get rid of it. Help!! Adobe Reader can't produce PDF files. Adobe Acrobat CAN. IF you want to remove ...

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

Graph appears in the background of all of my documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Whenever I open a document a graph appears in the background of the document. How do I get rid of it? Could it be a watermark image? If yes, you can search for "watermark" in Word's help and it will give you guidance for how to remove it. If it is that particular "a document", then do it once only for that "a document". If it is in every new document you create from scratch, then it would be a water mark inserted in the template used to create the new document. By default that would be the "...

Sum & report contents of table containing text values?
Can excel summate and report in charts text information recorded in a single table. EG Columns entitled Hair, Eyes, Height with values blue brown green auburn blond dark tall short medium. etc -- Neil You could use a pivot table to summarize the data, and create a chart from that. There are instructions and links here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html For example, put Hair in the row area and Eyes in the column area. Put Height in the data area, as Count of height. Neil wrote: > Can excel summate and report in charts text information recorded in a single > table. ...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

How to get the certificate for an SSL server (HTTPS)???
Hi all, I do not belive it!! I tried to obtain the certificate for an SSL server (http connectio) but I cannot. I use "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE" or "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE_STRUCT", calling with InternetQueryOption (or CInternetSession::QueryOption). Dosen't matter what option I have the function fails and the result is allways ERROR_WINHTTP_INCORRECT_HANDLE_TYPE (The type of handle supplied is incorrect for this operation.). Knows anybody how can I do this? Knows someone a piece of code where InternetQueryOption realy runs? Or is ther...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

How do I get my formula to stay the same
I have a worksheet to calculate 12 week averages, and every week I need to add a row, but my formulas automatically change so do not include the new row. What do I need to do to stop the formula changing everytime I insert a new row? Tell us the layout of the worksheet: what cells have data, what cell has average. Then we can be of more help Bernard "BertiesMum" <BertiesMum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF72CB7F-2866-47DF-AA47-909371817130@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet to calculate 12 week averages, and every week I need to > add a row, b...

Get control of a Userform by the Name
I want to change the text of a form. I know the name of the form and the name of the control in it. How to get the control of a form if I know the Name? Below post refers to adding a form. But I already have a form, just need the control of that! http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/beedb666e1d7a29b/f2df993ded867dd4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=form+by+name#f2df993ded867dd4 Thanks a lot in advance Regards' Joe If you are talking about a VBA user from in VBA window press F4 (View properties window) and click on the control....

getting rid of paragraph markers in word
I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not knowing what I was clicking. They dusappear in "print preview" and do not print. How do I turn them off? Thanks. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sgsully" <sgsully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18614E5D-F77A-49FB-89BB-BA041F15F20C@microsoft.com... >I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not &...

Generate random value
Dear All, In order to get random code label i used RAND function, unfortunately i could not get the correct value. What value i want to get is all value greater than 100 and less than 1000 with no number duplicated consecutively for instance 110, 199,111, etc. Just number like 102, 121 or 123 etc. What appropriate RAND function i should applied? Highly appreciate for helping. regards \benny =RANDBETWEEN(100,1000) use the =RANDBETWEEN(100,1000) function. To do the rest perhaps filter by unique values and do a sort? But then it isn't really random if you want 900 consecutive number...

sum values from the same item in a single column?
Hi, I have a query to get a table like this: Item Num Values A 1 10 A 2 22 A 3 78 B 1 32 B 2 40 B 3 87 C 1 34 C 2 76 C 3 98 actually each "Item" has more than a thousand of "Num". how to sum all "Item" (A+B+C) at each "Num"? Like: Num Sum 1 76 2 138 3 263 Thanks! pemt pemt, Have a look at Crosstab queries under Help, that should give you what you...

Graphing Inequalities
Is it possible to graph an ineqality on excel? If so, Could you please explain Explain how you would do this manually. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Eboy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47853C51-FAA9-42BC-ACA2-CAA2F74B9E5B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to graph an ineqality on excel? If so, Could you please explain ...

unique values of a column
hi how can i get the unique values of a column in an array? thanks in advance I think Advanced Filter will do what you want, there is an excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgleish http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Regards <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073d01c49649$6e4e49e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > hi > > how can i get the unique values of a column in an array? > thanks in advance > > Hi, Additionally check out Chip Pearson's website at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique >-----Orig...

Updating Values and X Axis Labels
Thanks for your help. This response by XP wasn't expected. When ever I update the chart value range and X axis labels the chart (line graph) doesn't update. I click and drag to update the Value and Categoty X axis labels. Do I have the axsis formated incorrectly? Under the format labels, Right now I have "base unit" checked. And the Max and Min dates are entered. In previous versions of excel I know you could just update the cell range and the chart would update. This should be so elementary. Thanks - Tom -- Sony Luvy If the min and max are not set to au...

Get external data locks csv file
I have a scenerio where I am querying a csv file off from a network drive using excel. This file is appended with information written by another computer. When I import a text file using a database query with the microsoft text driver I intermittently experience a permission denied on the computer writing to this csv file. There is no need for excel to lock the csv file qhen querying (as I am not writing to the file). I modified the DSN file to add readonly=1 which did not work. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for your help. Dustin ...

Discrepancy with report and x/z tape for weighted items
We sell chocolates by weight at one of our stores and we have found that there is a rounding issue with this item, it processes correctly but at the time of closing the sales amounts on the x/z report do not match, it is usually a penny different but because of this the batch won't integrate to our accounting software (Great Plains). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

Problems getting store to mount.
I had a storage group with 2 mailbox stores in it. I removed one of the stores permanently when I noticed that the other mailbox store was offline. When I tried mount the database I receive the following error: An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both. ID no: c1041724 Exchange System Manager I've restared the server and still no luck. There is another Storage Group on the server with a mailbox store and it works fine. The other errors in the Application log that appear when I ...