Getting a textvalue in A1 after filtering

I have about 15 columns of data such data as Patients name birthday,
Albumin value, natrium value, weight value and more. Every i put in new
values for the same patients but keep the old records(rows) Its not so
nice having the same name about 40 times in a row(after filtering), so
i would like to only show the filtered name in ex "A1", and the rest of
the values in rows under that name. So far i havent found an easy way
to fix that.
anyone got an idea on how to fix it?
(sorry my english isnt so good)

---

How about just showing the first and hiding the subsequent (not quite what you
asked for, though).

If you want to try it, Debra Dalgleish has some notes at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Duplicate

But I wouldn't do it.  If you do another filter on another column, you may not
be able to tell the person's name.

"fraGment <" wrote:

> I have about 15 columns of data such data as Patients name birthday,
> Albumin value, natrium value, weight value and more. Every i put in new
> values for the same patients but keep the old records(rows) Its not so
> nice having the same name about 40 times in a row(after filtering), so
> i would like to only show the filtered name in ex "A1", and the rest of
> the values in rows under that name. So far i havent found an easy way
> to fix that.
> anyone got an idea on how to fix it?
> (sorry my english isnt so good)
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

How can I get my output into this format?
The answer to this question will probably involve more programs than just Excel, so I'm not sure if this is the best group to post it in. If anyone can think of someplace better, please let me know and I'll get out of your face and go bug them :-). My question is of the form "can I do this with just Office (XP pro) and, possibly, free software, or do I need to get a desktop publishing program?" I have a pretty straightforward Excel workbook. Each line has various information on one ability ("feat") that it's possible to get in a certain game I play. ...

getting the pictures from the example databases
hi, I just started to use the new access 2007 and downloaded the example databases from microsoft. they all have pictures in pictureboxes and in the controls so that the design looks great. But how the hell do I get these icons, bmp's, png's so I can use them. thanks ...

In Excel, Get todays date in a cell
In Excel, how do i get the spreadsheet to automatically update a cell entry to today's date? (i.e., if i open the spreadsheet on 10/5/05, a cell is programmed to show 10/5/05; if i open it on 10/6/05, the cell shows 10/6/05, etc.). =TODAY() "tbw" wrote: > In Excel, how do i get the spreadsheet to automatically update a cell entry > to today's date? (i.e., if i open the spreadsheet on 10/5/05, a cell is > programmed to show 10/5/05; if i open it on 10/6/05, the cell shows 10/6/05, > etc.). =Today() Or use =Now() for date and time and format for date THES...

Getting Difference between values of 2 tables
Info: I have the following table that stores the total amount available for a particular Document: tblTotalAvail: ID CLIN Amount 1 0001 10,000 2 0002 30,000 3 0003 25,000 Etc... You get the idea. I have the following table that stores the expenditure for for the same document: tblExpenditures: ID DateFunded CLIN Amount 1 21-Jan-07 0001 2,500 2 30-Jan-07 0001 3,700 3 03-Feb-07 0002 11,000 4 14-Feb-07 0001 1,200 5 17-Feb-07 0002 7,500 Etc.... Here is what I am trying to do....I want to Sum the amount...

RE: How do I get my new dialog box to invoke when I press New Menu Item
Hi All, 1. Machine and OS specifications I have Windows XP running Office XP Standard Edition. These software packages are installed on my dell Inspiron laptop. I have 128 MB RAM with a 40 GB HardDrive. 2. Problem In excel, when I pressed the New menu item, a dialog box would appear displaying all of the known templates. Now, only a new worksheet appears. I would like for the dialog to appear again. Can someone tell me how to get the dialog box back displaying all of my templates? d, The default New button has always generated a new workbook, no dialog box. There's ano...

Columns now numbers rather than letters how do i get letters back
Somehow I have managed to accidentally change the column references to numbers rather than letters. How do I get these back? Not sure of the correct terminology but I am referring to where the rows are usually numbers and the columns usually letters. My columns are now also numbers! In EXCEL 2007:- Office Button (top left hand corner) Excel Options (lower right hand corner) Formulas - make sure that there is no tick in the box called:- R1C1 reference style EXCEL 2003 Tools / Options / General tab – remove tick from R1C1 Reference style. If my comments have he...

OpenReport with WHERE clause not 'filtering' data
Hi guys I have an Access 2003 project talking to a MS SQL database. I have created a report with the datasource being a Stored Procedure (usr_GetCases). I am opening this report via the click event of a Command Button on a form (which will later be used to gather report filtering parameters). I am opening the report with the DoCmd.OpenReport command and a WHERE clause however I get the full recordset not the selected data. Here is my command: DoCmd.OpenReport "usr_GetCaseByDate", acViewPreview, , "[ExposureAmount] = 5000" Exposureamount is a 'money' field ty...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Auto Filter + subtotal
How I can add a subtotal/total line below a list with auto-filter ? =SUBTOTAL(9, B2:B200) but the subtotal must be seen either by including a value that the filter will allow to be displayed, or by being outside the filtered rows. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60A1F9E0-2ACB-414D-8154-91EB224223A3@microsoft.com... > How I can add a ...

Filter a Report with a Form
I am struggling a bit of code that dynamically filters elements in a report. I have a form with the following objects: lstCustomer, lstExecBroker, an Option Group named ‘fraTrader’, with three radio buttons; optOption for 'Option', optCross for 'Cross', and optBoth for 'Stock'. Also, I have cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3 as well as cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3, all of which control sort order. Finally, here’s the code: Private Sub cmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCustomer As String Dim strExecBrok...

How do I rename my columns? (i.e.
Just trying to get specific info at the top of my spreadsheet where (A1, B1, C1....etc) are. Not sure quite how to do it. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hi, You cannot rename the columns, you can use the first row to enter your names instead "Novice" wrote: > Just trying to get specific info at the top of my spreadsheet where (A1, B1, > C1....etc) are. Not sure quite how to do it. Any assistance would be > appreciated. Thanks in advance. Use row 1. If the A1, B1, bother you, Tools - Options - View, hide column Headers. -- ...

How does money get its data?
I bank with Navy Federal Credit Union and I am *trying* to adapt to MS Money plus (demo right now) from scattered use of Quicken. I'd like to learn how money gets my bank information so I can make an educated call/complaint to the credit unions technical group about the data I am getting. I am currently testing two mny files, one automated and one manual. Today with NFCU, when I do their recommended manual method by signing on to the website, selecting a date period then importing a QIF file, all the transactions show up as "POS Debit Visa - Acct#last4" and no other in...

standard filter "older than x months" limitations
Hi, anyone who knows how to work around the standard filter limitation of "older than x months"? You are only able to enter a number between 0 and 100! I need to have a saved query (=dynamic list) of contacts who are older than e.g. 30 years. I assumed that I could find this easily throught the standard methods, namely create a view for contacts with birthdate "older than x month" 1230 (=12*30) but apparently there's a restriction in this?! Anyone knows how to work around this with equal effort? I wonder why those limitations are built in?! Microsoft could at...

getting rid of parenthesis
What would be the easiest way to get rid of parenthesis surroundin words in a specific column. I have a column that contains about 1000 rows and each word or words i the column is surround by parenthesis. If there is more than one wor in the column - the parenthesis is before the first word and after th last word - not around each word. I want to get rid of the parenthesis without having to manually go t each row in the column and delete them. Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Replace. Select Column Press Crtl+h In the replace field type in a parenth...

Failed to get language error...
but I only get it on weekends. It seems to be tied to the warmup script I am running for SharePoint/Project 2007. The script hits these pages: /Pages/default.aspx /project/default.aspx /project/_layouts/pwa/admin/admin.aspx /10887/ every 10 minutes. This seems to be the timing of the errors on the weekend. What I don't understand is why it only happens on the weekend. The servers are under virtually no load during the weekends. ...

Save Word document as HTML and wanting to get the embed daudio
I am using INSERT > OBJECT > WAVE SOUND to record audio (using sound recorder) and then embed it in a Word document. I am also using Comments I can save this as a HTML file and the comments and the speaker icon for the sound is visible but there ain't no sound. You can see an example at http://www.usq.edu.au/users/evansp/browse/dropbox/SMITH_john_edu101_Assig1%20(comments).htm The comments are in the 3rd paragraph that starts with "But 'technologies' are not just 'things' ... Does anyone know of a way to extract the sound from a Word docume...

I can't seem to get Outlook 2007 working
I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set it up with POP3 etc and the usual incoming server details (which are all correct) it won't accept my password/login for my mail server. I know it is all correct but it just won't go on to set up. Any ideas? In article <A6D9D38F-2CC7-4B6B-82B4-D186D8761C3F@microsoft.com>, Richard@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook > 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set ...

Pause Option Disabled in Media Player
Dear Team, I implemented DirectShow Source Filter SHOUTCast protocol in WinCE 6.0. The filter works fine and I can listen to the Radio for any number of time. What I noticed is that the PAUSE option in the Media Player of WinCE6.0 is not getting enabled if my filter gets loaded. I can set the option while playing normal .mp3 files. Can somebody provide a pointer for location in Direct Show Filter how the state should be implemented. Regards. ...

Please help to get XP Secumize Edition ISO file
hi you tried downloading XP Secumize Edition ISO file and the download stops please help Sounds like a pirate file to me. Tae wrote: > hi > > you tried downloading XP Secumize Edition ISO file and the download stops > > please help Hi where can you get XP Secumize Edition split into 4 parts just like ISO file? "Bob I" wrote: > Sounds like a pirate file to me. I'm sure there are many illegal sites online that will contain this pirated file. Then again, you might get hit by malware in the process. Tae wrote: > Hi > ...

Simple hack to get $800 to your home at http://mastidunia.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Junk Mail Filter Option
I have my junk mail filter options set to "Safe List Only" but still receive junk mail in the inbox from senders not on my white list. Specifically, the OEM Software type messaes and the Low Cost Drug messages. Is this a known issue? Or is there something else that needs to be done that I haven't done as of yet. I have verified my white list and it only includes senders whom I've approved. Thanks in advance, Dan is your address on the safe list and do the spammers have your address in the from field? (it's a common tactic) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Getting messages that were deleted from POP3 server back onto serv
I recently downloaded the Microsoft Outlook 2007 and before I could change my settings, all my messages were taken off my email POP3 server and put into Outlook. I have now been able to copy the server messages into Outlook, but how do I get the messages that are now only in Outlook back onto my POP3 server so I can view them on any computer? PLEASE HELP! That is not possible without IMAP access to your online mailbox. If your ISP does not offer IMAP access, you can also try the following workaround. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/367 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook...

I'm getting my e-mail 1 day late?
Microsoft Outlook seems to be filtering the date that it will download my e-mail. On Thurday I received my Wednesday e-mail. On Friday I'll recive my Thurday e-mail etc. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? I've checked the Outlook filter and can see no filter that would cause this problem. I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Hoping for a reply Regards Brian Yes, fix your system time. You are posting one day from the future ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003...

Advanced Filter #8
I am attempting to write a macro that incorporates an advanced filter to search by ~100 criteria, across a list of ~200 columns x3000 rows. Is there a way to implement this without running an advanced filter with the same 100 criteria copied across 200 columns, one to match each column in my list? --Chris I'm not clear on what you are asking. In any case, some columns can have no criteria. Hth, Merjet I would like to use advanced filters (or something similar) to essentially do this: Here are my 100 criteria, display every row that contains one of them in the spreads...

Getting a textvalue in A1 after filtering
I have about 15 columns of data such data as Patients name birthday, Albumin value, natrium value, weight value and more. Every i put in new values for the same patients but keep the old records(rows) Its not so nice having the same name about 40 times in a row(after filtering), so i would like to only show the filtered name in ex "A1", and the rest of the values in rows under that name. So far i havent found an easy way to fix that. anyone got an idea on how to fix it? (sorry my english isnt so good) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How about just showing the f...