Generating third worksheet from two others

I have two worksheets, one called NETINCOME that has
revenue and cost data. The other is SG&A that has other
expenses. They have the same format in terms of rows and
columns. I would like to create at third worksheet that
would have the NETINCOME worksheet at the top and the SG&A
worksheet below. I'd like to keep making changes in
NETINCOME and SG&A and have them reflected in the combined
sheet. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could do
this most easily? Thanks. Michael
0
mlkpied1 (1)

Hi

Open a Blank workbook and NETINCOME.
In the blank workbook, A1 type = and switch to NETINCOME (Window Menu) and
click on A1 in NETINCOME and press Enter.

The formula is =[NETINCOME]Sheet1!A1.Copy this formula doewn and accross.

Repeat for SG&A

Regards
Peter

"MIchael" wrote:

> I have two worksheets, one called NETINCOME that has
> revenue and cost data. The other is SG&A that has other
> expenses. They have the same format in terms of rows and
> columns. I would like to create at third worksheet that
> would have the NETINCOME worksheet at the top and the SG&A
> worksheet below. I'd like to keep making changes in
> NETINCOME and SG&A and have them reflected in the combined
> sheet. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could do
> this most easily? Thanks. Michael

one or two emails will not go through form same user to same recei
Exchnage 2003 We have strange issue. some time we will not receive emails from client and most time we will. same email can be sent without any modification in subject or content and it will go through. what can cause this? Any suggestion will be helpful. thanks Chad You will need to enable message tracking and SMTP logging. Identify a time when the user said he sent you a message that you did not receive. Run message tracking to see if it's being delivered to the desination MB. If it doesn't show, check your SMTP logs to see if there are any SMTP transactions occuring with them d...

Auto Account Number Generation
Here's a newbie question for which I have not yet been able to find a solution. Whenever creating a new account, I'd like the form to automatically display an account number in the accountnumber field that is one more than the max in the table. How can I automtically create this? That is how can I run a query on form load that looks up the current max account number then add one to it? ANy help would be appreciated. Only way to do this is through writing some code. For example you could achieve this using a callout. When you save a new account you can have the callout scan ...

Exchange server and huge emails generated to postmaster
I have been trying find a solution for a serious problem on exchanger server 2003 (on SBS2003). Recently probably due to a virus infection a lot emails were being generated to postmaster (1 million in 10 hours) plus badmail in badmail queue. Have checked it with norton corporate a/v but can not find any viruses. Also tried stinger but no viruses found. Have emptied all the queues. Used microsofts anti-adware program to check for adware and trojans. It came up clean. Still getting loads of emails. The only way to stop it is to stop the exchange information store service, but just dismounting...

Worksheet properties
Hello, For some strange reason....all new worksheets that I insert into a workbook seem to right-to-left orientation. So the A column is located on the right hand side and the b column is located to the left of the a column. Does anyone know if this is a setting from the menu or an object that needs resetting in vb? thanks,Matt Matt, Look at Tools - Options - International - Default direction. I think this is only for a new workbook. Doesn't change existing ones. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Matt...

Printing all worksheet names
Does anyone know if it possible to print a list of worksheet names? A list similar to the one you would find in the "Contents" tab of the files' Properties. Thanks for any help you can provide. Programme - XP Excel Hi This topic was covered lately in microsoft.excel.worksheet.functions NG (thread 'print sheet tab names' started by JDB at 06.01.2004 16:00). Here is the solution from me: Create an UDF --- Public Function TabByIndex(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabByIndex = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function --- On some empty worksheet,...

Prevent users from copying worksheets
CAN'T SEEM TO PREVENT USERS FROM COPYING A PROTECTED WORKSHEET AND THEREFORE UNPROTECTING IT AND HAVING ACCESS TO EVERYTHING ON THE WORKSHEET. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! Excel 2003 has a much better protection control. I had people here trying to do the same but nolonger get around the locks that way -- Trimmer "LISACOMOP" wrote: > CAN'T SEEM TO PREVENT USERS FROM COPYING A PROTECTED WORKSHEET AND THEREFORE > UNPROTECTING IT AND HAVING ACCESS TO EVERYTHING ON THE WORKSHEET. SOMEONE > PLEASE HELP! Hi Select "Hidden" in addition to "Locked"...

How do I add an auto number to a worksheet
Can I add an auto number to a work sheet or a button to generate a number which increases by 1 each time. Office 2000 You could create a macro and assign it to a button from the Forms toolbar (placed on that worksheet). Option Explicit sub testme01() with activesheet if isnumeric(.range("a1").value) then .range("a1").value = .range("a1").value + 1 end if end with end sub peterm wrote: > > Can I add an auto number to a work sheet > or a button to generate a number which increases by 1 each time. > Office 2000 -- Dave Peters...

If Worksheet exists, delete it, then re-add it
Working in Excel 2007, I am writing a program to create a scoresheet to keep track of scores for a game my family plays. Since a lot of the set-up is based on the number of players, the first thing I want to do if check to see if sheet called "Score" is there, left over from a previous game, and if so, delete. The program will then create a new worksheet, "Score". I've seen a lot of help on how to create a new worksheet if one doesn't already exist, but not on how to delete an existing one, then add it again. Can anyone help this newbie? Thanks ...

Excel defaults back to 1st Worksheet
When I am opening Excel, it is reverting back to worksheet 1 even when I saved on worksheet 10. I am using Excel 2000 v.2.2 I need it to open on the last worksheet worked on. Hi you might need to see if there is any code running in your workbook - right mouse click on a sheet tab, choose view code - on the left hand side of the screen in the project explorer (if you can't see it choose view / project explorer) you should see your workbook name in bold & brackets, under that all your sheets and then something called "This Workbook" - double click on here and if the...

can you autofill 12 worksheets each with the name of relevant mon.
most of my work is done on a monthly basis, so i would like to know if there is a quick way of setting up new workbooks with 12 worksheets each containing the name of the relevant month on the sheet tab and in cell a1 on the worksheet You should just make a Template and use that but this will do it. The myarry line is ONE line Sub NewMonthlyWB() myarray = Array("Dec", "Nov", "Oct", "Sep", "Aug", "Jul", "Jun", "May", "Apr", "Mar", "Feb", "Jan") Workbooks.Add With ActiveWo...

Link Rows Between Worksheets
Hi- I am trying to link rows (that are infinitely long in terms of data) between two different worksheets so that I dont have to retype all of the data. (I want them to be active links, so that if the data changes, it will automatically update). Is there a way to do this? (The first worksheet is a master that has a whole lot of information, and I would like the other worksheets to reference rows from the original...) Thank you very very much.. In the other sheets you will have to set then up eg: in sheet2 select the cell you want then type an equals sign = got to master sheet and se...

Mapisp32.exe has generated errors and will be shut down
One of my coworkers is getting this error whenever Outlook97 checks for email. She is running Office97 Pro in WIndows 2000 on a 600mhz PIII with 128MB RAM. >-----Original Message----- >One of my coworkers is getting this error whenever >Outlook97 checks for email. She is running Office97 Pro in >WIndows 2000 on a 600mhz PIII with 128MB RAM. >. > I almost forgot to mention that I tried the fix listed in Microsoft Article 296412, with no success. Here is the URL to that fix. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;296412 ...

Carrying From Worksheet to Worksheet
In Excel 2002 (10.4524.4219) SP-2, I have designed a worksheet based on IRS form Schedule D-1 to report capital gains. Because I have more than one sheet in the file, I would like to devise a formula that carries a total from one sheet to the next. Specifically, I would like cell F34 on any given sheet to be a running total of the figures in cells F8 through F31 on that sheet (which is easy enough to accomplish) PLUS (and here's where I'm stuck) the totals of cells F8 through F31 on all the previous sheets (or, the same thing said differently, plus the figure in cell F34 on every previ...

Efficiently Generate 88 New Chart Sheets
Gang, I've got a simple X*Y chart with year (1977-present) on the x-axis and an estimate of deer population size on the y-axis (actually, there may ultimately be 2 estimates/series). There is nothing really all that fancy about it. It will be updated each year with the current year's estimate. The problem is, I need 87 more just like it - 1 for each of the 88 units that I manage. I have been reading VBA and Excel books and I have yet to find an example on how to "mass produce" a bunch of chart sheets. I take that back - a simple "FOR NEXT" loop will generate t...

Sorting problems with other worksheets!!!
I have a problem!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! It used to happen when a column (in this example the one containing ...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

Email attempt bungled worksheet
OK, here's the scenerio. I decided to email my company timesheet to my home address so I could have it at home in case I could not make it in. So, from the File menu, I selected Send To Mail Recpient. The worksheet has a protected cell somewhere, so i got an error saying I would have to unprotect it to send it. No biggie. Now he's the aggravating part. Whenever I open my timesheet now it has the outlook tool bar, for lack of a better phase, stuck in there. It's quite annoying. I can't for the life of me find a way to get rid of it. I wish I could copy a screen shot, it the To:,...

Printing landscape worksheets with footer on left
I know that I must not be the first person to have this problem, but I cannot find a solution. I have a workbook that has 20 worksheets. The orientation varies between portrait and landscape. I need the landscape worksheets to print with the footer on the "left" side, so that when I put the entire report (workbook) together for presentation, all of the footers are on the bottom, like a book. I have tried merging the first column (A) and making it the footer with the font facing left, but it is difficult to make them print evenly on each sheet. I have also tried to cop...

ploting one cell from 10 worksheets into one chart
i am trying to figure out a way to plot one cell, lets say c-1 from 10 -30 worksheets, in one workbook; on one chart. Each worksheet is a date and each c-1 value is just a number. any help would help thanks alex n. alex.nazarchuK@unitedwater.com ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ You can plot each data point as a separate ser...

Link to Worksheet
As soon as I open my worksheet it open 'open dialog box' looking for file. It has peicharts, trendcharts and data, I don't know which one i linked. I want to remove the link, how can I -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Get a copy of Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm You'll be happy once again! "anupam <" wrote: > > As soon as I open my worksheet it open 'open dialog box' looking for a > file. It has peicharts, trendcharts and data, I don't know which one is > linked. I want to r...

Import/Export XML in protected worksheet
I developped an excel tool on which most of the cells are protected (and I need to keep them protected). I mapped an XML schema on all the worksheet entries. I would like to be able to import and export all these entries but Excel does not let me do that when the worksheet is protected. Can anybody help? ...

Two Cdialog windows in same MFC application ???
HI, I am trying to build a simple MFC Application using MSVC 6.0 I require two CDialog windows, simultaneously. The scenario is like two windows receiving each other messages.. The problem is how to activate two CDialogs together...I should be able to select any one by clicking through mouse... Also do they need to be Modal or Modal less... Thanks.. a.a.cpp hi keep the handle of the other dialog box, and send the message to the other dialog box whenever one dialog box get the message. So that they are in synchronous with each other. Alternative is to have the custom mess...

Wish to sync Outlook on my two laptops, how do I do this?
I have just set up Outlook on another laptop which I will use in another residence. I would like to ensure that whatever work I do on one, will be in sync and kept on the other. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. (Assume that would also allow contacts to be shared between laptops). Thank you. www.slipstick.com for third party solutions "Rarefind2009" <Rarefind2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62FDC6FB-6C35-42CF-B59C-A5EFCC18F2EB@microsoft.com... >I have just set up Outlook on another laptop which I will use in anothe...

Q: Charting with two variables on the Y-axis
Using Excel 2000: Hey all, I have two tables and want a line graph based on one row, but with the values of another row: Votes: ------ Region1: 10, 10, 15 Total: 50, 60, 100 Satisfaction Rates: ------------------- Region1: 60%, 80%, 45% Overall: 50%, 90%, 50% I want a line graph that compares the satisfaction rates of region 1 vs. overall (ie, it will show two lines, one for region1, one for overall). That's pretty straightforward. However, what I also want is, for Region1, to show the vote counts as values above (or below) the datapoints for the region 1 line. Can this be ...

Returning one of two values in Microsoft Excel 2003
I am trying to allocate values across various headings in my worksheet. In, say, A2, data is input via drop down box. Depending on the value of this entry, and on entering a value in B2, B2's value is allocated to a cell under a general heading via the formula =IF(OR(A2="value1", A2="value2", A2="value3"), B2, " ") This is an income allocation spreadsheet. My problem comes in my outgoings. Once again data is input via drop down box and depending on these values I have to allocate my outgoings whether the currency value is input in cell B2 o...