generating random number as template

I need to create a form in excel that generates a unique number for each
form. If anyone can assist with the best way to do this it would be great.

0
Jemm (1)

Explain what you mean please.

"Jemm" wrote:

> I need to create a form in excel that generates a unique number for each
> form. If anyone can assist with the best way to do this it would be great.

0
Chad9044 (93)
7/6/2005 11:56:05 AM
What you need is a Forms collection object, but in Excel that will only work
for already loaded forms.
So first create the collection yourself, and then browse through it.

Sub CheckFormsInCollection()
    Dim i, u As Long, s As String
    Load Form1
    Load Form2
    Load Form3
    u = UserForms.Count - 1
    For i = u To 0 Step -1
        s = s & UserForms(i).Name & vbNewLine
        MsgBox s
    Next
End Sub

"Jemm" <Jemm@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>I need to create a form in excel that generates a unique number for each
> form. If anyone can assist with the best way to do this it would be great.

0
moi

Keeping my budget's yearly numbers intact
Let me first state that I am a newbie. When I set up my budget making all of the items yearly budget items, it figure out what the items income or expense would be per month. Then when I look at yearly reports it transfers the money per month back to a yearly total. The problem is that many of my items are off by a few cents--for example instead of our postage category being $2500 dollars it ends up being 2499.96. I know why this is happening and it ends up being only a few cents different, but I am putting our church finances in Money and the quality of the report forms is impo...

Template for Hurricane planning to assist folks
A template to assist folks in planning for a hurricane, including an evacuation plan with what to take with you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=182f7fb4-51e4-42a3-8473-45d022e271e3&dg...

Make cell display 0 if number is negative
Hi, How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help would be appreciated! Hopefully this will be my last question:c) Ron One way: =MAX(<your formula here>,0) In article <el$#m2WhEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ron King" <montyboy@earthlink.net> wrote: > Hi, > How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and > display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help > would be appreciated! Hopefully this will ...

How to extract only badge numbers from such a column?
Excel 2003 user. I have 3 columns like this in A,B & C. 1/2/2010 #13837-SALARY PAID FOR JAN-10 120.00 1/2/2010 #13838-SALARY PAID FOR JAN-10 215.00 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11136 903.47 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 12536 894.20 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13044 292.49 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13159 282.78 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 12199 1,169.64 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11261 2,623.03 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13630 626.25 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11840 668.22 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT ...

How do i page left or right a set number of columns, rather than
i am wondering how i can set this up so i can page left or right a set number of columns rather than paging left or right controlled by the data in cells? For example: with no data in any cells, and you hit Ctrl + right arrow it takes you all the way to the end of columns (xfd)?? If i have columns A-I showing, why can't i hit Ctrl = right arrow and move to J-R?? Thanks You need to add a macro buttons and assign these macros: Code: -------------------- Sub Shift_Right() ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=1 End Sub Sub Shift_Left() ActiveWindow...

I want to randomly fill an array of cells with values from a list I create
I have a column of with 4,500 cells. I want the number in the cells to be randomly picked from a list of 2 choices, all predefined (20,27,40,54....296). Can anyone help me with this? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com We probably need a little more information. What's in the 4500 cells? What do you mean by "predefined? What do you mean by "I want the number in the cells to be . . . picked"---"picked" by what? Alan Beban shadestreet < wrote: > I have a column of with 4,500 cells. > > I want the number in the cells to be ...

How do i identify missing numbers in a sequential list
I have a large list of serial numbers like (1AW15648). I need to identify numbers that are missing. Thanks, Chet Sheetz PS I am using Excel 2003 Chet, For a list starting in cell A1, you could use something like =IF((VALUE(RIGHT(A2,5))-1)=VALUE(RIGHT(A1,5)),"","Skipped") copied down to match your list of SORTED serial numbers. This assumes that your numbers of interest are the 5 right-most digits. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Chet-a-roo" <Chet-a-roo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814E82E9-5405-45EB-88CC-9316AF4F3495@microsoft.com...

how can I add a sequential order number to my groups of records?
I have two tables: tbl_Street_Joiner_Main tbl_Street_Joiner I want to add a new field that is a sequential record order number for the 'tbl_Street_Joiner' entries which are grouped by the 'Joiner_Title_ID' field in the master table 'tbl_Street_Joiner_Main' This new field will then become a Sort Order field for when I rearrange the sort order within each group, which I hope to do 'manually' via some vba code; but... If the sort order is generated automatically via the SQL, will it still be possible to change the sort order via code? This is my curren...

Unable to divide number in excel
I am getting error while entring a simple formula =4/2 the formula you typed contains errors. Just a guess. I'd look under Tools|autocorrect options. Maybe one of those characters is correcting itself to something invalid. Naveed wrote: > > I am getting error while entring a simple formula =4/2 the formula you typed contains errors. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

making and saving templates
Hi there~ I am new to the newsgroup and I need help. How do I save a document that I made as a template. I want to be able to send it to people and have them be able to type in the information (like an application, or report) without changing the fields and writing that I have created. Is there a way to do that? I save a document as a template but when I sent it through email, the person that received it was able to change all of the things that I had typed. HELP! Thanks I think what you actually want is a form. Templates are not intrinsically connected to what you want to do. But I...

Unable to read accent character in a generated xml file
Hi Everybody !!! I had generated a xml file that contained accent character. When I am trying to open it inside Excel 2002, Excel don't want to open it. If I delete all my accent character and I am able to open it. I sent you the content of my xml file. If you can tell me what is wrong with it it will help me a lot. Thanks a lot !!! <?xml version='1.0'?> <Workbook xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet' xmlns:o='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office' xmlns:x='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel' xmlns:dt='u...

Negative number in Sales Forecast
We have recently started using GP, in our old system we could enter a negative number in our sales forecast (which you can also in GP). But in our old system when you enter a negative number it would subtract that amount from the total in the MRP. For instance, we have a sales order for 4 and a sales forecast of 2. We could go into the sales forecast and add that item to the sales forecast and enter -1 (minus 1). Then in the MRP it would only show suggesting a total of 5 along with 5 of all it's components also. In GP, you can enter a -1 but it will still show suggesting 6 and 6 ...

Outlook templates using contacts.
Is there a way to use your contacts from outlook to easily insert their information into an E-mail? for example, Dear (conact name), blah blah blah (contact address1)... Thanks in advance! Mail Merge... kharnal wrote: > Is there a way to use your contacts from outlook to easily insert > their information into an E-mail? > > for example, > > Dear (conact name), > > blah blah blah (contact address1)... > > Thanks in advance! ...

Customising page numbers
How can I change the starting number of a Publisher document. I have a long document that is saved in 3 separate files and want to make the numbering continuous across all three. -- L Greenwold Start your new document and use Insert|Section. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L Greenwold" <LGreenwold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A15B0626-3336-4459-8335-705BCF5AAC9E@microsoft.com... > How can I change the starting number of a Publisher document. I have a > long > document that is saved in 3 separate files and want to make the numb...

Looking for a project planning template
Does anyone have a project planning template I could utilize for a year long project planning around recruiting and building an associate rotational program Send me your layout or information about the type of layout yuo want. See my stuff at http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway - -mark excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au "Rick" wrote: > Does anyone have a project planning template I could utilize for a year long > project planning around recruiting and building an associate rotational > program ...

Reverse a "row" of numbers (flip flop them)?
I have 50 rows of numbers, with the last number being last number in the sequence. I want to reverse these numbers, so the most recent number is the first number. How do I do this? Been up all night trying to figure this out. Thanks for you help, I just have to get some sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Lets say in A1 thru J1 we have: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 In a helper row enter: =INDEX($A1:$J1,11-COLUMN()) and copy across to see: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Finally copy the helper row and paste/special/value back into row 1. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200735 Hi wannabe, In row 51(helper row) p...

"sources and use" operational budget template
lookin for a good template--any ideas? There are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx And don't forget google. I bet there's a few you could find there. Didley wrote: > > lookin for a good template--any ideas? -- Dave Peterson ...

Invoice number
Hello, The code below gives me an invoice number like: 20100301, 20100302, 20100302 etc... I want to add a letter in front of it, like S-20100301, S-20100302, S-20100302 etc... Please can somebody help me out to change the code below? TIA Betha Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Dim tNummer As String tNummer = Format(Right(DatePart("yyyy", Date), 4), "0000") & Format(DatePart("m", Date), "00") & "-" If DCount("*", "Orders", "left(Factuurnr,7)= '" & tNummer ...

Can I do an automatic number on tickets I designed on Publisher?
I have designed tickets for a charity function. They are 2 columns by 4 rows. On each of the ticket I have put a placeholder for the ticket number. I have been trying to figure out is there is a way to have Mail Merge or another function automatically number the tickets. Anyone have suggestions? Using Publisher 2003 from MS Office for Small Business 2003 Thanks A tutorial by Brian Consecutive Numbering (2002, 2003) http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steve in ...

Genrate random numbers using the binomial distribution
How can I generate random numbers using the binomial distribution and an excel spreadsheet. If possible please do in a step-by-step guide. Hi funkysunflower How about a video http://tinyurl.com/yj69stn or Google links http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&q=binomial+distribution+in+excel&meta=&aq=f&oq=binomial+distribution+in+excel&fp=7ad0076c90c94111 HTH John "funkysunflower" <funkysunflower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCB4FC4E-46C6-41D2-BDB5-0C0173073CA1@microsoft.com... > How can I generate random numbers using the binomia...

Message gets delivered but and NDR 5.1.1 is still generated.
Hello! We have a problem with as Exchange Server 2003 that is returning NDR's even though the email sent to the recipient is still delivered to the inbox. Message tracking tells me that its delivered locally to the store of the user but after that its submitted to advanced queuing and finally an NDR is generated. I have checked so that there arent any forwards set. I also created a new user and with a new mailbox and then i moved the recipient address to that mailbox. One idea i was thinking is that there might be an SMTP Event Sink lying around, we just got the server in our hands ...

How to See Number of Folders/Items for multiple Exchange mailboxes
I am assisting in a migration from Lotus Domino (6.5.3) to Exchange 2003. We want to verify the integrity of the data migrated from Notes mail databases to Exchange mailboxes. One way to do this would be to compare the number of items in each folder (Inbox, Sent, Calendar, Contacts, user-created sub-folders, etc) on the Notes side and the Exchange side. In Exchange System Manager, I can see the total item count in a mail database. Is there a tool or a way to see item counts per folder for a list of databases. Any other suggestions for comparing the Notes data to the Exchange data after the m...

Local storage of Templates
All my templates for Office 2003 are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\{my user name}\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates which is part of my roving profile on our company system. I am only allowed 30Mb total profile space. Can I move the templates to another location, outside of my profile area, and still access them? Earlier versions of Office allowed you to specify a separate Template location but I can't find this in 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks Hi, You can put templates anywhere you want. To open them you much then do File, New and navigate to the place you choose. You c...

Adding a Mobile Phone Number field to a Case View
Hi, Is it possible to add the customers mobile phone number field to a Case View ? Thanks Marc Harrington have you tried adding the attribute to the entity? "Marc Harrington" wrote: > > Hi, > > Is it possible to add the customers mobile phone number field to a Case View ? > > Thanks > Marc Harrington > Thanks for the reply Ian We tried adding a mobile phone attribute to the case entity with no success. There is a system relationship between the case and contact entities but we cannot create a relationship between the case entity and the conta...

Deleting Templates