General Question #2

Is there a function that if I wright text in one box, there is an automatic addition of a number in another box?
0
anonymous (74722)

Peter.

Yes, probably. We'd need some more information, though, to offer you help on
which function to use and how.

Andy.

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a function that if I wright text in one box, there is an
automatic addition of a number in another box?

0
andyb1 (494)
3/2/2004 3:04:07 PM
in cell a2
=if(a1="mytext",2,"")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a function that if I wright text in one box, there is an
automatic addition of a number in another box?

0
Don

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

DoModal() question.
I have a dialog class dlg. When I use dlg.DoModal(), there're always two buttons "Cancel" and "Ok" on popup window which I didn't put there. They seem to be put there by system default. How to remove them? Thanks. Frank E Rogers wrote: > I have a dialog class dlg. When I use dlg.DoModal(), there're always two > buttons "Cancel" and "Ok" on popup window which I didn't put there. They > seem to be put there by system default. How to remove them? > Thanks. > > First, you better add message handlers for them. Your ha...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

pantone colors #2
Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. Find doesn't do it. B I don't think Publisher has all the Pantone colors. There are close equivalents. Not the same of course... C=0 M=53 Y=100 K=0 R=252 G=115 B=35 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob Wright" <mmpdallas@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23N1wilmHJHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. > Find doesn't do it. > B Guess you are right, not all there. Weird. Close equivalents ...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

simple xss question
Hello, One thing I dont understand about XSS: 1.There is a page with a text box 2. I inject some Javascript into that textbox that shows a form in a new div that can send content somewhere. Am I not the only one that sees this form? What good is it if the next person that goes to the website just sees the page sent from the server correctly? Thanks Its usually more of a problem when they get access to your filesystem or database ... As i've found out the hard way On 16/02/2010 14:51, in article 49e2f337-0f2c-46f1-87d4-b58b1275ef40@f17g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...

Ad Hoc Reporting #2
Hi, I am putting together an ad hoc report in Excel. My query is in the VB editor. I am trying to specify criteria Select x,y,z where... in the WHERE, I am struggling. I want to take a range of ids specified in the worksheet, F2:F55. So Select x, y, z where IDs IN ( F2:F55 ) I tried to use WHERE IN ( Range(F2:F55) ) but it did not like it. What syntax should I use to make this work? Thanks! ...

Reinstall #2
I am reinstalling Office 2003 on a new computer. I have installed the software but I the contact information and calendars, messages, notes etc have not transferred to the new one. How can I do that? ...

GetTextExtentPoint32 #2
Hi, I have multiple problems here :( I have a short text in UNICODE and the text contains newlines as well (carriage return and newline) and it seems that GetTextExtentPoint32 doesn't take into account the newlines. So I broke the lines myself and checked which has the longest length. Also, for the "int cbString" parameter, if my text is "hello" and I pass 5, then it doesn't return the current width. I have to send 6. Yes, I do select my font in the HDC before calling this. Other problem! Interline spacing issue Lines are separated by a certain mount of pixels...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...

outlook client problem #2
Hi I have a one user that have problem with outlook client are always prompt to login outlook 2007 crmclient V3C and have all patch install You might want to create a new profile for that client. Also check that they are running SQL 2005 Express on their desktop as opposed to an MSDE instance. Their was a shift in databases from 2000 to 2005 during the life of CRM v3.0 "sjm" wrote: > Hi > I have a one user that have problem with outlook client are always prompt to > login > outlook 2007 > crmclient V3C and have all patch install Hi sjm, Is the user also prom...

CTreeView #2
I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control. When the focus from the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey. Is there a way I could change the color of selection bar? Thanks in advance You may be able to use OnCustomDraw() to do this sort of thing. http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/tree_color.html http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3 http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/newlistviewcontrolie40/article.php/c711/ Tom "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12...

Trendline Question
Hello, I have a chart from a simple data set that plots a new point each day. It's my blood p vs date. I also have it show on the chart a "Trendline" linear fit, which I guess is the rms of the data points. Works just fine. Question: Is it possible to have the Trendlinebe computed for, and show on the chart for, Only a particular range of dates in the data, rather than the for the whole data set ? e.g., if my data goes from Sept, 2006 to the present, can i just have the Trendline show for the Jan 2007 to the present data points ? How, please ? Thanks, Bob Hi, Ye...

Attachment security in Outlook 2003 #2
I had the same problem. I downloaded DetachOL form the link below and it fixed all my problems. You can choose different levels of security. Hope this helps http://www.mcdev.com/outlook.shtml ...

not really a MFC question
Hi, maybe not the best thread to post but here is my question : I am trying to compile a light version of STL called ustl on win32 but I get the following errors : 1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\ustl\cmemlink.h(61) : error C2535: 'void ustl::cmemlink::link(const void *,ustl::cmemlink::size_type)' : member function already defined or declared 1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\ustl\cmemlink.h(60) : see declaration of 'ustl::cmemlink::link' When i look at source code I find : void link (const void* p, siz...

condional formating count question
Hi, I have a row in which I have a condition that if two numbers are identical its formating the 2nd number in Red Font, Is there a way or formula that I can use to count these red font Numbers? Thanks in advance for you help, It is best to use the same means in a formula that you used to make the font RED in the first place rather than trying to use a function to check the color of a cell. You can take a look at Chip Pearson's page, Functions For Working With Cell Colors http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm for counting cells in a range with involving normal cell coloring for ...

X Axis needed for Line Chart #2
I have created two line images on a Line Chart using several data points. Now I would like to have an x axis that shows a marker for every 1/2 hour. Example: .5 1.0 1.5 2.0 2.5 3.0 and so on for up to 5.0 to represent hours. I created the data for these time points that coorespond to my data for line images but do not know how to show them in my x axis as markers. Any idea? My x axis shows nothing? Y axis is fine. I have data scale markers there. -- FL Does the chart know you have X data? Go to Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab. Is there anything in the ...