Future Value function with differenct cash flows

Excel does not seem to have a FV function or variant that allows you to
compute the FV of different cash flows at regular periodic intervals given a
constant rate.

Is there such a function?

I can think of several applications where the FV of CF's are needed wherein
CF's are at both even and uneven intervals or said another way, at set
periods versus random periods and at different CF amounts.

There are several work around solutions I can think of, but they tend to be
cumbersome.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c860795d-87f4-4627-a08f-e257849ae7a0&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
V (86)

Joe V wrote:
> Excel does not seem to have a FV function or variant that allows you to
> compute the FV of different cash flows at regular periodic intervals given
> a constant rate.  Is there such a function?

Does NPV() meet your need?

0
joeu2004 (766)

Can a cell autofill with color in response to cell value?
I am new at using excel and my boss would like me to create a worksheet that will autofill certain cells with particular colors in response to different values that are entered,ie when she types in 12 or "run" the cell will turn red. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Take a look at Format | Conditional Formatting. tj "Gregory" wrote: > I am new at using excel and my boss would like me to create a > worksheet that will autofill certain cells with particular colors in > response to different values that are entered,ie when she types in 12 > or "run...

Cell right next to colored cells is automatically colored on entering a value
Hello, I recently started to program in VBA for Excel. I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-1) on Windows XP. The formatting from all the cells in the workbook and worksheet is General (Right-click on a cell, Format cells, then tab Number, Category-listbox: General) When I put a commandbutton CommandButton1 on the first worksheet of my workbook and I put the following code in the CommandButton1-onclick-event. ------------------- Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim WeekdayNames(0 To 6) As String Dim WeekdayColors(0 To 6) As Long WeekdayNames(0) = "mond...

Workday function not working
Hello, Why does it returns "#NAME?" when I use =WORKDAY function in Excel 2003? My formula is =WORKDAY(D4,-B1,Holiday!A2:E109) where D4 is a date and B1 is the number of days. Any sugguestion, thank you. Hi, Straight from E2003 help If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in. Tools - Addins and then do what help says -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. &...

Overriding MFC Member Functions in VS2005
I appreciate the rants and raves - I agree with each one. Remember when you were a kid and didn't want to eat your vegetables? "You'll eat it and you'll LIKE it", said my mom. A similar attitude pervades at MS. It goes back to windows 3.0 and earlier. Am I old or what? Anyway, I'd also appreciate it if one of you gurus could tell me how to override the OnSize and OnPaint functions in my view class so I can add some code - do I type them in by hand, using the argument list provided in the "class view"? Please help me with this. B If you a...

formula for cash on cash payback
how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? I think you will need to describe what you mean. Are you talking about "return on investment"? kpc help wrote: > how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? ...

WEEKNUM function not working
Hello, I have a cell to calculate current week number, =WEEKNUM(TODAY()) and I have the analysis toolpak checked in the Add-In menu, but it still result "####". I am running Excel 2003. What other alternative can I use to show current week? Thanks Sorry correction. It results "#NAME?", not #### "Cam" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a cell to calculate current week number, =WEEKNUM(TODAY()) > and I have the analysis toolpak checked in the Add-In menu, but it still > result "####". I am running Excel 2003. > > What...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range? #2
Sub MakeNewSheetForEachSAS() Application.ScreenUpdating = False DeleteSheetsSAS With Sheets("Data") lr = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row maxnum = Application.Max(.Columns(2)) 'MsgBox maxnum minnum = Application.Min(.Columns(2)) 'MsgBox minnum On Error Resume Next Application.DisplayAlerts = False For i = minnum To maxnum ..Range("a1:g" & lr).AutoFilter ..Range("A1:G" & lr).AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=CLng(i) Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) With ActiveSheet ..Name = i Sheets("data").Range("a1:g" & lr).Copy .Ra...

Loop to retrieve value in worsheet A and put into worksheet B
I am hoping someone out there cyber-world can help me with some code that I need. I have a workbook from an outside source. I need to loop through Worksheet named "Details", column A to find the characters "C:" and return the value from Worksheet "Details" , column B into Worksheet "New Details", Column A. There are blank rows in the data and the only designation between what would be considered a new record is a series of dashes (14 dashes to be exact). Is Anyone able to help with this? Anything is greatly appreciated. Is there an...

Multi-Function Argument... too many pieces
This is what I am trying to do... I have two moving parts: 1) I have a given number of years for a particular market share %. i.e. - 3 years at 4%. Both of these figures may change (i.e. - 5 years @ 6%). The market share number isn't the issue, rather the number of years is the problem. 2) After the last year of given market share, the market share begins to decrease. Using the example above, in year 4 market share is 80% of previous year, 60% the year after that, etc. The problem is I want to make each year dynamic based upon the number of given years, either using the given market...

no email flow between E2K and E2K3
Hi I have just set up a new E2K3 server on my domain. There is now the original E2K, which hosts the mailboxes, and this new E2K3 server that I am going to migrate all the mailboxes across to. I have moved one test mailbox to the E2K3 server for testing mailflow between the servers. I would like to be able to migrate users at my leisure, most likely department by department The problem I am having is that if I send a mail from a user on the E2K system to the test user on the E2K3 system, it just seems to sit in the queue, and gets retried over and over. It never gets to the mailbox on the E2K3...

how to find function address in DLL when using Explicitly link?
Dear all, I have searched on web for this question and finded no answer. I know that LoadLibrary, GetProcAddress can find the functions' address for those exported in DLL. Anyway, I export class in DLL of "Win32 Dynamic-Link Library", I can use it when not using "Explicitly link". Can anyone can tell me about how to find function address in DLL when using Explicitly link? Thanks a lot! Jacklondon Chen Hello You mean when the DLL is made part of the application's import directory? If so, then you can tell the address of that imported functi...

OTHER options for chart not plotting null ("") or zero values
I've read the above suggestions for a chart not plotting zeros or null values. This worked....however, then I got errors because of other calculations (averages) that use these cells as references (and #NA just doesn't go over well when it's being used in another formula). Because of the many other formulas (in visual basic and in the exel file) that would need to be changed if i created an extra column, or did some of the other options I would REALLY prefer to not do any of those. Isn't there some way within the chart's options to exlude these values? Or is my best ...

Run Macro If Cell value = "Other"
Alright, I have a very simple macro at the moment that unhides a column and adjusts the print area to suit. What I need is a maco that will run this macro if the cell F4 = "Other" from a drop down menu. Seems painfully simple I just can't find where it is. Cheers If Range("F4").Value = "Other" Then Call yourMacro End If -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) <bobbly_bob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1163993734.539069.261810@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Alright, I have a ...

Getting value from a picklist
I'm trying to use the value in a select picklist (based on the Contacts table) in some SQL to get further data from the CRM database. I'm looking at something along the lines of (AIR CODE!): var oDataValue = crmForm.all.new_enduserid.DataValue; var oSQL = "SELECT * FROM whateverTable WHERE TableID = " + oDataValue; However, it doesn't work - I'm unable to get the value of the selected item in the picklist. This line of code: alert(oDataValue); returns: [object Object] while attempting to get SelectedText returns "undefined". What am I doing wrong? ...

Helper functions
Hello, I'm creating some helper functions, like: CString GetLastErrorMessage(DWORD dwLastError ) { LPVOID lpMsgBuf = NULL; FormatMessage( FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER | FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM, NULL, dwLastError, MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_DEFAULT), // Default language (LPTSTR) &lpMsgBuf, 0, NULL ); CString str = (LPCTSTR)lpMsgBuf; if( lpMsgBuf != NULL ) LocalFree(lpMsgBuf); return str; } I see two options for that: a) Create a CHelper class with a static GetLastErrorMessage...

Setting a cell to not go below an X value, or above a Y value
Hey, This may be very easy to do, but I just don't have a clue, I've look a most excel variables and they just seem to choose MIN and MAX fro columns or tables. What I want to do is I've got the sum adding up say cells A2 and A3 i cell A4. I want cell A4 to never go below 80, or above 200. (Formula in cell A would be =SUM(A2:A3)) Anyone think they can help -- Snake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Snakey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2785 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

access compare values and select higher of two
In Access database I want to compare the values in two fields in a form and then select the higher value, insert it into another field and then use in a formula. E.g. Value 1 = 500 Value 2 = 600, 600 to be inserted into another field and then be multiplied. On 11 apr, 21:26, Captain Turtle <Captain Tur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Access database I want to compare the values in two fields in a form a= nd > then select the higher value, insert it into another field and then use i= n a > formula. > > E.g. Value 1 =3D 500 =A0 Value 2 =3D 60...

2007 to 2003 functionality
I have excel 2007 and transferred a file to a user that only has 2003. When trying save this in the 2003 format the compatibity checker gives me 42 formulas that have significant loss of functionality. All of the formulas have the IFERROR function in them. Is there a fix for this problem? It casuse all 42 of thes formulas to put the #name error in the field. One of the formulas looks like this. Did the IFERROR function even exist in 2003 version? =IFERROR(HLOOKUP(F7,$D$36:$N$40,5,FALSE),"") The IFERROR function is new to 2007, and is not available in earlier ...

IF statement that yields a value based on a formula
Help! If cell B12 >= 0, then I need the answer to be calculated based on the formual "B12 * .40". If cell B12 < 0, then the answer is zero. How do I do this? -- barbara h IF(B12>=0,B12*0.4,IF(B12,0,0)) Click yes if helped -- Greatly appreciated Eva "barbara h" wrote: > Help! If cell B12 >= 0, then I need the answer to be calculated based on the > formual "B12 * .40". If cell B12 < 0, then the answer is zero. > > How do I do this? > -- > barbara h Hi, Try this =MAX(0,B12*0.4) -- Mike ...

replacing values in cells from a pre-designed table
I am working with an Excel Spreadsheet. I have, in column C, a different value on each row: 1.2 or 0.7 or 2.5, etc. In column D I want to have Excel automatically place, in each row, a new value based on a reference table I would create. For example If column C value is Then column D value on same row will b 0.7 9 0.8 9 0.9 9 1.0 9 ...

Default Value for new Table Row
Is there a way to specify a "default" value for a field when a new row is created in a table? I have a simple table with the date as the first column. When I add a new entry to the table I would like the date to default to the current day. I tried browsing the Excel objects but could not find any objects or events related to tables. I could develop a form, but that would be a lot of work just to set a simple default. It seems seems like there should be an "on_new_table_row" or "on_table_row_add" event where you could set a default with just a line or two o...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value? #2
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? Assuming data entry cells are col. A, right-click the worksheet tab, choose "View Code", copy in the code below, and press ALT+Q to close VBE. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim sMsg As String With Target If .Column > 1 Then Exit Sub If .Count > 1 Then Exit...

Adding Right-Click Functionality
Is there a way I can add more options to the right click menus in CRM when I right click on an Object? If the whole thing uses ASP, shouldn't it be possible? HELP! Thanks! The context menus are generated in the code-behind pages, so it isn't that esy to modify them. You could do this thoguh with some javascript that modifes the resulting div on the fly when the age displays. This would not be a supported change though. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 24 May 2005 08:19:47 -0700, "IT Guy"...

Specific cell values
Hi everyone, i need to acheive the following but i'm not sure how to do it. i have a cell (K49), the cell needs to collect specific data from a range ( D7:D32 ) on the same worksheet. it needs to look in the range and if the cell value is CNC, then add the figure form the same row in column E. Example: D E F glass £200 26 August 05 metal £650 26 August 05 wood £300 26 August 05 CNC £1000 ...