Function to find hyperlink URL

Hi,
Is there function to return URL of hyperlink?

I don't want to use macros.

I'm using Excel 2000

Thanks in advance
Nikola Milic

>>Is there function to return URL of hyperlink?

A worksheet function?  Afraid not.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)
12/10/2003 11:37:32 AM
But you could write your own (a userdefined function).

I used ctrl-K (insert|Hyperlink) to create the link:

Option Explicit
Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String
    Application.Volatile

    Set Rng = Rng(1)

    If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then
        GetURL = ""
    Else
        GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address
    End If
End Function

So if you had a hyperlink in A1, you could put =getURL(a1) in that adjacent
cell.

Be aware that if you change the hyperlink, then this formula cell won't change
until your workbook calculates.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Can't find posting
I posted a question a couple of weeks ago and can't find my posting. It's frustrating!!! This is not the first time!!! I've checked it many many times!!! It's frustrating!!!! Please help. thanks chai Sometimes posts do get lost in cyberspace and never show on the list. Repost your question. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Chai" <Chai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D38193A4-F618-4722-B6B8-820D6C8FEA8C@microsoft.com... >I posted a question a couple of weeks ago and can't find m...

help needed to find value and add values in corresponding cells
hello. i need to first search a workbook for a number and return the value i the cell 3 over from it. i can do this using vlookup. but in som workbooks there are mutliple values (the one i look for) with mutipl values accross. eg part no. quantity 1 2 1 -- ghyne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ghynes's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=51 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=75150 Visit - http://www.officehelp.in | http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php | http://www.officehelp.in...

Using the sum function in a 3 dimension environment
How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft Excel? Need a detailed description for a research paper I am doing, ASAP!!!! Is this what you need? =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!C1) If sheet names have spaces use =SUM('sheet x:sheet y'!C1) -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul Hargreaves" <Paul Hargreaves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24F4CEEA-3A12-4922-B72B-416A9584EDD6@microsoft.com... > How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft > Excel? > Need a detailed d...

macro to find date format in a cell and delete that entire row
macro to find date format in a cell and delete that entire row i have dates in a column and date keeps changing, i want that if macro find date in a column , it deletes that entire row help me thank u so much everyone for ue hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try Sub deletedate() For Each c In Selection If IsDate(c) Then c.EntireRow.Delete Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "vikram >" <<vikram.15ix9t@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15ix9t@excelforum-nospam.com... > macro to find date format in a ...

Date Function
I have two different users, who have the same machines and the same version of office. However when one of the users types in a date; i.e - 10/02/2005, and then goes to format the cell, they can click on a date type that will look like; "*Thursday 10 February 2005". However on the second users machine this function is not present, all they have the option of is; "*10 February 2005". I dont know why it is missing of the day?? Can someone please help me? -- andyb7901 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ andyb7901's Profile: http:/...

Finding hyperlinks in a spreadsheet
I'm using Excel 2007 and have a spreadsheet of name, addresses, email address and URL's Some of the email and URL addresses are not formatted correctly so they don't generate as a hyperlinked value in a cell. Is there a way to sort or find all the cells that contain a hyperlinked value? Thanks On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:40:06 -0500, JDR - Hotmail wrote in microsoft.public.excel: >I'm using Excel 2007 and have a spreadsheet of name, addresses, email >address and URL's > >Some of the email and URL addresses are not formatted correctly so they >don'...

Multiple Hyperlinks in 1 cell?
I have some spreadsheets that have a column with some text (4 numbers) that link to a webpage, where the URL ends with the four numbers (eg.1234). Sometimes I place an additional 4-number reference to another Webpage in the same cell, so it looks like (eg.1234/5678). I have to get rid of the link since I only know how to set it for one Webpage or the other. Is there a way for users to click 1234 and go to that page, or click 5678 (in the same cell) and go to that selected page? Thanks! Not that I'm aware of. "davidemile" <davidemile@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

COUNTIF function with date range
Is there anyway to use the COUNTIF function with a date range. I'm trying to count each date within a particular month. For example, =COUNTIF(G5:G100, "12/**/03" And this example with the wildcards is currently not working. Thanks. Amy Hi, Try, =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(G5:G100)=12)) Hope this helps! In article <fd8501c43e96$22a9daf0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there anyway to use the COUNTIF function with a date > range. I'm trying to count each date within a particular > month. For ...

finding data between two numbers (1000-1999)and totaling correspo.
I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that start with 10.. I have to total the numbers from a corresponding column of all that match this criteria and display it. one way: With 4 digit numbers in A1:A1000, and corresponding column B: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(A1:A1000/100)=10),B1:B1000) In article <C4DEBCF8-A553-4D5C-8B22-9251CCE9177D@microsoft.com>, plasticmaker <plasticmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that > start with 10.. I have to total the numbers fro...

Create a button to find the next record
Hi I am trying to create a button to find the next record for a particular studentID. There is a main form and subform. I want to be able to find all relevent subforms for a particular student. The master link id is STUDENTID and the child link id is STUDENTID_FK. So for student #1, when I click on the subform and click on the button, it would cycle through all this student's records. What is the best way to set up this button? Thank you for your help in advance. You already have one that is built in. Just click the navigation button right of the record number ...

how to find the operating syetem year in vba
Hello, i need to find out what the o.s. year is in vba so that i can delete tab on a sheet. my sheet has several tab, some which i don't want to delete like "ledger" "2008" and the current year "2009" if i add extra years i would like to be able to delete years "2010" + i have some code wich add the years to my sheet which basicaly copys previous years and clears all the contents and renames it to the next year, in doing so it all so adds various totals to my "ledger" sheet. For Each sh In Sheets If sh.Name = "Ledger&q...

How do I find and replace a question mark in Excel?
I have a range of cells with a single question mark ?, Y or N. I can't filter with the question mark since Excel thinks it's a wild card. I wasn't aware of this when I set up the spreadsheet. So I would like to replace the question marks with something else, but this still presents the same problem. How can I specify that I mean a question mark and not a wild card? Thanks. use ~? instead and this will tell Excel to look for a ? as a ? and not as a wildcard. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 9...

Looking for help with database functions
I am working with a non-profit rural community development group. We are trying to put together a "database" to put people looking for work together with people needing services. A sample would might be: Joe Blow; [carpenter, woodworker]; free on tues & thur; willing to trade (equal to $10.00 hr); References: Heidi Hoe, 555-5555, John Doh, 555-5555 ext 100 Jane Doe, needing porch repaired and general yardwork, work on your own schedule, open to Barter; References: Seymour Johnson, 555-5555, Ivan Tootall, 555-5555 Winnie Pooh, looking for someone to read news, books, a...

Excel Function for select data which NOT exist from the list
There are 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L In B3 down is: B, A, H, C, F, I, K, J, H, C and J. The result which I want is to list or select the data which is NOT exist in the second set of data (Col B) when compare to the first set of data. In my example, the result is D, E, G, and L actomactic appear in cell C3, C4, C5 and C6 accordingly. I need an Excel formula to have this result! Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200804/1 Try thi...

Sort Function
I use Excel 2007 quite often for lists and other functions that require sorting. When I set up specific sort orders in a spreadsheet those "orders" do not stay with the spreadsheet when I save the file. In previous versions of Excel when I set up a sort order for a spreadsheet and saved the file when I came back to the file at some later time the sort order was still there. With Excel 2007 I have to re-do the sort order every time I open the file again. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your thoughts. Chet OOPS - sorry, messed up, meant to put this in the Excel...

VBA passing variables through a function
I have a macro Sub TestMacro(X,Y) ....calculations based on X and Y values End Sub By putting the "X,Y" in the macro, does this make it a function. Because when I try to look for the macro using the macro button on the toolbar the function "TestMacro" does not show up. It shows up when I remove the X,Y. Do you know what has changed? Also i this a good way to program, I want to be able to input values for X and Y so I thought this would be good since I wouldn't have to keep changing the "TestMacro". Sub macro1() X = 7 Y=5 Call TestMacro(X,Y) End su...

Text search function in Money
I am using the Money 2002, and I have entered 2 years of transactions. Some of them I put detailed note in the memo field of the transaction for future reference. When I doing my tax, I like to pull up piece information here and there from Money, so I tried Search function. In the advanced search box, when I choose all account (credit card, bank, cash) to search for word "tax", it only returns those payee field containing "tax". It just skips/ignores the memo field of each transaction. I look around, but not seeing anywhere having option to search "all text field"...

ActiveX: Reading URL content from Internet Explorer
Hi, I've written an MFC ActiveX control to display my own file format - call it ".xyz" files - in Internet Explorer. I've followed the instructions at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/components/activex/registration.asp, and sure enough when I point my IE at http://server/myfile.xyz my ActiveX control is loaded. But how do I read the content of the file? As a hack, I'm looking at the 'src' property of my control and using WinInet to download the file - that works, and confirms that control is working. But using a packet sniffer I see that when I hit Reload,...

help with hyperlinks
I am creating multiple worksheets and often must cut and paste, though I find that often hyperlinks will be in cells that have never been used before. They do not even appear as text, but when you scroll over them the cursor changes. why does this happen? is it from cutting and pasting? As well, my hyperlinks are all down the same column yet often do not correspond to what they orginally were supposed to be, but rather link to the site of the company 2 rows down. anyone have any ideas? thanks ...

how create sum function in form field
I'm trying to utilize the sum function in a field on an Outlook 2002 form. I want the form field to sum up the other form fields. Sum is not a function listed in the value tab. Please advise. ...

IE opens with "about:blank" url when I run my solution
Ever since I installed IE8 it opens with "about:blank" url when I run my solution. I close that instance and another instance opens that runs OK. I figured when that first happened that MS would soon fix it but to my knowledge they haven't. Is that correct or am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thank ...

Date Function Problem When Importing Tables
At the moment I am trying to import BOX SCORE statistics from OLD NB Finals Games and I am getting this DATE error. In other words, when I paste the table and do text to columns t seperate each stat for each player -- for example shooting "4-19" i puts 19-Apr for SOME of the cells, not ALL of them. Even when I selec all of them and change them to NUMBER some of them still remain wit that same standard DATE function or whatever causes it to show the dat instead of allowing me to split the numebrs according to the DASH. How do I get rid of the dates, so when I paste the table I can ...

Received a Thread Message in a infinity-looped Thread Function
Hi, I've a thread-function which contains the following code: while (TRUE) { bRet = ReadFile(m_hDevice,&m_szIncomingData,dwNobytestoread,&dwNobytesread,&m_osr); if (!bRet) { WaitForSingleObject(m_osr.hEvent, 1000); } } And also, I want to receive some thread messages. How can I do? Regards, Damon Graham >And also, I want to receive some thread messages. How can I do? Have you considered using MsgWaitForMultipleObjects? Have a look at "Waiting in a Message Loop" in MSDN for an example of its use. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvp...

Finding Duplicates
Hi all, I'm running Access 2007 and would like to know if this logic is correct for searching duplicates in two tables. I'm trying to find my renewal rate between all clients from last year (stored in one table) and all clients from this year (stored in another table). The logic would be to see which clients from last year are still clients this year. Here's the SQL statement: -- SELECT [Patient Renewals - 2007 Shoe Patients].pat_number, [Patient Renewals - 2007 Shoe Patients].f_name, [Patient Renewals - 2007 Shoe Patients].l_name, [Patient Renewals - 2007 Shoe Patients].item...

Changing Hyperlinks, absolute to relative and preserving them
Hyperlinks in Publisher, batch changing old hyperlinks and converting absolute hyperlinks to relative hyperlinks. A document was written in Publisher (.html the report will be viewed through a browser) with many absolute hyperlinks. It was transferred onto the network at base from a HDD, but will ultimately be supplied on a CD where it will almost certainly be transferred to another network for use. All the old hyperlinks are related to the isolated system and know no longer work; they were supposed to be relative but created by mistake as absolute. First is there an easy wa...